PDA

View Full Version : The End of Politics

midcan5
05-06-2008, 06:47 AM
I continue to be amazed at MSM and the trivialities they can find or have time to comment on, Wright is still discussed even though none of us would want to be judged by our minister, priest, rabbi, or mullah.

Lessons from the Wright Saga

The End of Politics By Corey D. B. Walker

“Are the legitimate political institutions of our societies in a position to redress even the most perilous situations by democratic intervention in the process of actual decision making, as traditional political discourse keeps reassuring us, despite all evidence to the contrary?” István Mészáros

"Under certain conditions an extremely contentious presidential primary campaign would elicit a robust chorus of individuals attesting to the virtues of a healthy and robust democracy. Massive voter education and mobilization, issue oriented debates and policy discussions, passionate arguments over the symbol and substance of politics and policy, and the distinct possibility of institutional transformation as a result of a change in the ruling party would be the hallmarks of such a contentious campaign.

Unfortunately, these conditions do not obtain in our privately financed, winner take all, low intensity spectator sport called American democracy."

http://www.counterpunch.org/walker05052008.html

05-06-2008, 07:35 AM
actually, id have no problem being judged by my ministers. It would make me look very good. I think i general most people would agree. after all, a majority of people have enough sense to follow good people who preach good principles.

midcan5
05-06-2008, 07:41 AM
actually, id have no problem being judged by my ministers. It would make me look very good. I think i general most people would agree. after all, a majority of people have enough sense to follow good people who preach good principles.

Really, and you know for sure behind closed doors he doesn't beat his wife or molest children or steal from the collection?

Gaffer
05-06-2008, 08:02 AM
Really, and you know for sure behind closed doors he doesn't beat his wife or molest children or steal from the collection?

If he came out and announced it to the world I am sure Avatar would change his opinion of them. And he would not defend their actions. This wasn't something wright was doing behind closed doors. And until it became an issue nothing was said about it.

obama is being judged by the company he keeps. And that's a good thing, because his cabinet will be made up of that company.

Abbey Marie
05-06-2008, 10:08 AM
If he came out and announced it to the world I am sure Avatar would change his opinion of them. And he would not defend their actions. This wasn't something wright was doing behind closed doors. And until it became an issue nothing was said about it.

obama is being judged by the company he keeps. And that's a good thing, because his cabinet will be made up of that company.

He had appointed Wright to a position in his campaign. The man was so much more than his pastor, though that would have been enough by itself.

I love how libs vacillate between defending Wright's comments as true and acceptable, and showing they don't like the comments by trying to distance Obama from them. If you all want a shred of credibility, pick one pov and stick with it.

theHawk
05-06-2008, 10:24 AM
Wow, still making excuses for Obama and his looney pastor eh?

Yup, if only everyone would just "move on" and forget all about it. Then poor Obama wouldn't have to go through all this.

No one is going to forget it Midcan, would liberals forgive and forget if a republican was going to KKK rallies for 20 years? You know the answer to that, so stop trying to fool yourself.

Classact
05-06-2008, 10:49 AM
MSNBC has spent too much time on this site http://www.psyop.tv/main.php Check out propaganda. "CHANGE"

midcan5
05-06-2008, 11:29 AM
Did anyone read the piece? And as far as point of view, Wright spoke mostly the truth, he lost credibility when it became about him. Hubris ruins many. But "The reason why the Wright episode demands considered attention is because it is a poignant reminder of the willed ignorance of commentators who dominate our mass mediated political discourse and police the boundaries of what is “acceptable” political language and critique."

Wright is a distraction from important issues. Wright is not running, even if he were to become White House pastor (not a chance in hell) he would be no more racist than Billy Graham or others were and no one mentions Graham. Seems only racists of our own color are acceptable racists. Wright annoys because he is both obnoxious and hits back. Judge him if you like, he has nothing to do with Obama except when looking for a distraction from things that matter.

05-06-2008, 11:49 AM

yes. i do.

05-06-2008, 11:52 AM
Did anyone read the piece? And as far as point of view, Wright spoke mostly the truth, he lost credibility when it became about him. Hubris ruins many. But "The reason why the Wright episode demands considered attention is because it is a poignant reminder of the willed ignorance of commentators who dominate our mass mediated political discourse and police the boundaries of what is “acceptable” political language and critique."

Wright is a distraction from important issues. Wright is not running, even if he were to become White House pastor (not a chance in hell) he would be no more racist than Billy Graham or others were and no one mentions Graham. Seems only racists of our own color are acceptable racists. Wright annoys because he is both obnoxious and hits back. Judge him if you like, he has nothing to do with Obama except when looking for a distraction from things that matter.

Yeah because the government is just regularly going out and targetting blacks. And America was responsible for terrorists attacking us. And God is supposed to Damn america for some unknown sin.

if you call that mostly right, then you have some serious issues.

Wright isnt a distraction from the issues. He goes to Obama's character. Obama has lied somewhere along this controversy. And believe me Obama's character is an issue. Character matters. And there is no way we should elect someone with such bad judgment as President.

manu1959
05-06-2008, 11:54 AM

freudian projection .....

05-06-2008, 11:57 AM
freudian projection .....

sounds about right.

midcan5
05-06-2008, 01:02 PM
yes. i do.

You're married to him, oops sorry.

DragonStryk72
05-06-2008, 01:15 PM
Okay, I'm gonna take shit for this again, I know it, but this crap is just tired. Obama has already broken ties with Wright, and no, not one person should be getting judged by the biggest, craziest asshole around them.

As Obama said, Wright had been like family to him, and so, I'm guessing, he was unwilling to believe that the man who had baptized his daughters, who was a good person in so many other ways, really believed this crap that he was spewing. Now, even the ministry that is in charge over Wright is beginning to step in to stop him, so really, it is just painfully obvious that Wright is not in his right mind.

It is a distraction, and Obama has proved whatever test it is that they think this is. I still can't agree with him on his issues, and won't be voting for him, but that doesn't make ripping him a new one for his pastor's behavior any less dishonorable.

stephanie
05-06-2008, 01:18 PM
Obambam supporters are so cute when they whine..

That Messiah suit is falling off and the Obambam is damn near neeekkked..:coffee:

05-06-2008, 01:57 PM
You're married to him, oops sorry.

That doesn't even make any sense.

05-06-2008, 01:58 PM
Okay, I'm gonna take shit for this again, I know it, but this crap is just tired. Obama has already broken ties with Wright, and no, not one person should be getting judged by the biggest, craziest asshole around them.

As Obama said, Wright had been like family to him, and so, I'm guessing, he was unwilling to believe that the man who had baptized his daughters, who was a good person in so many other ways, really believed this crap that he was spewing. Now, even the ministry that is in charge over Wright is beginning to step in to stop him, so really, it is just painfully obvious that Wright is not in his right mind.

It is a distraction, and Obama has proved whatever test it is that they think this is. I still can't agree with him on his issues, and won't be voting for him, but that doesn't make ripping him a new one for his pastor's behavior any less dishonorable.

If Wright was the only one around him you might have appoint. But then again look at Obama's wife and his good friends who are confessed terrorists.

Abbey Marie
05-06-2008, 02:27 PM

"Breaking ties" with someone you call your mentor after 20 years, and gave a campaign position to(!), because it is now a political imperative to do so, means less than nothing.

Add to that the racist quotes someone posted elsewhere from his own books, and his shady ties with a slum lord in Chicago, and you get a volatile mix of very bad juju. Slice it or dice it anyway they want, it still stinks to high heaven (pun intended), and more and more Americans are taking off their Obama blinders and finally seeing it.

P.S. I'm so glad you are not voting for him. :salute: