Simply unbelievable...

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2171/2470626163_42bc803a3f_o.jpg

manu1959
05-06-2008, 11:36 AM
i want one.............

Pale Rider
05-06-2008, 11:39 AM
i want one.............

Think how much fuel that thing would need... and where does it go?

And how do you steer that much horse power all in a row?

Good Lord... gotta be tons of fun though... :dance:

I wonder what it sounds like at full throttle... :terror:

05-06-2008, 12:01 PM
i was expecting a picture of some hott woman. but yeah thats amazing.

Pale Rider
05-06-2008, 12:07 PM
i was expecting a picture of some hott woman. but yeah thats amazing.

You need to click on the "Steamy Stars" link at the top of the board for the hot women. Jim's done a great job on that... :D

But yeah, the boat is totally outrageous.

gabosaurus
05-06-2008, 05:25 PM
At Pale's age, the boat is more arousing than the women...

manu1959
05-06-2008, 05:40 PM

bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzt

hjmick
05-06-2008, 07:06 PM
I am always happy when I can link something to Snopes that is true...

http://www.snopes.com/photos/boats/drugrunner.asp

Pale Rider
05-06-2008, 10:10 PM
I've been an incurable hotrod with crank case oil in my blood all my life. I'd have found the boat more arousing when I was 16 too... :D

bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzt

Oh yeah.... I adore that woman.... maybe her on the boat with me... :laugh:

Pale Rider
05-06-2008, 10:11 PM
I am always happy when I can link something to Snopes that is true...

http://www.snopes.com/photos/boats/drugrunner.asp

70 mph? That's a disappointment... I was thinking this thing would cruise at more like 100 mph.

Mr. P
05-06-2008, 10:28 PM
Anyone know why the 4 motors in the middle are set lower than the others?

manu1959
05-06-2008, 10:37 PM
Anyone know why the 4 motors in the middle are set lower than the others?

it is the way the boat is built......if you notice the transom is set up to take 4 motors they mounted two each side on the higher portion without changing the profile of the transom.....

Mr. P
05-06-2008, 10:49 PM
it is the way the boat is built......if you notice the transom is set up to take 4 motors they mounted two each side on the higher portion without changing the profile of the transom.....

I don't know much about boats really, I was thinking with that much power it may have something to do with the plane...getting it there with 4 then maintaining it with the other 4. But like I said I don't know much about boats.

Dilloduck
05-06-2008, 10:52 PM
I'm thinking it might help the handling in high speed turns too.

Pale Rider
05-07-2008, 06:57 AM
I'm thinking it might help the handling in high speed turns too.

If you check out the picture at this link hjmick found... http://www.snopes.com/photos/boats/drugrunner.asp... the boat is turning, and it almost looks like the outboard two engines props come out of the water.

Pale Rider
05-07-2008, 07:09 AM

The transom being the back of the boat, which follows the shape of the hull, or also called the keel.

Dilloduck
05-07-2008, 09:27 AM
If you check out the picture at this link hjmick found... http://www.snopes.com/photos/boats/drugrunner.asp... the boat is turning, and it almost looks like the outboard two engines props come out of the water.

Which wouldn't be such a bad thing in a turn, would it ?

Monkeybone
05-07-2008, 09:34 AM

think of flooring it and your tires leave the ground.

Dilloduck
05-07-2008, 09:41 AM

I'm talking about a high speed turn--not acceleration. That baby still has 6 props in the water. If all the props were level there would be MORE props out of the water in a sharp turn, no ? Having those 2 port side engines digging in in a left hand turn has gotta encourage the boat to follow.

Pale Rider
05-07-2008, 12:22 PM

Exactly. You could very easily over rev a boat motor running it full blast and then popping the prop out of the water. They tend to go *CLUNK* and then not run anymore.

And by the looks of that boat, I surely wasn't made for high speed turns. I just looks to me like had they made it half as wide and put four engines on it, all the less drag from the boat being narrower would have actually made it faster with less power. But then, they wouldn't have had as much DRUG CARRYING CAPABILITY I guess.

manu1959
05-07-2008, 12:39 PM
I'm talking about a high speed turn--not acceleration. That baby still has 6 props in the water. If all the props were level there would be MORE props out of the water in a sharp turn, no ? Having those 2 port side engines digging in in a left hand turn has gotta encourage the boat to follow.

the outboard motors are mounted too high......