PDA

View Full Version : Polygamist sect abuse exagerated

05-06-2008, 12:16 PM
http://www.sltrib.com/ci_9165683

Apparently there have been census sheets from the polygamist sect which have been released.

-- There are a handful of 16-year old wives listed. (No 12-15 year olds as claims by authorities)

-- The records show that there are 13 young monogamous couples

-- The large mega-families are the exception

-- The largest family consists of one man, 21 wives, and 36 children

-- The state claims that there are five girls who conceived when they were 15-16. (No time frame provided)

-- Of those girls, three were listed being in plural marriages to men who are, 28, 35, and 40

-- The monogamous couples husbands ages were 19-39. wives ages averaged 24

-- The biggest age spread for younger monogamous couples is four years

-- Six of the young couples had no children listed

-- For the plural marriages, the average wife's age was 21, husbands age averaged 38

-- Five families are listed as having 20 or more children

-- Nine of the plural families have two wives

-- Four of the families have three wives

-- The records show that there are 24 men with multiple wives

No doubt that their lifestyles are contrary to what many believe is proper. But I honestly dont see how these facts show that there might be more than a handful of actual abuse cases. Honestly, I don't see how they can justify the seizure of so many children here.

mundame
05-06-2008, 12:21 PM
They lie, Avatar. These people have a history well-known since 1835. We know what they do.

That's why they have these "records": to lie.

05-06-2008, 12:28 PM
They lie, Avatar. These people have a history well-known since 1835. We know what they do.

That's why they have these "records": to lie.

This group hasnt even existed till the 1930s.

I dont really see the point of keeping internal records that lie.

Gaffer
05-06-2008, 12:41 PM

I dont really see the point of keeping internal records that lie.

You keep internal records that lie for just such cases as this. This particular group might have been around from the 30's but the core base goes back to 1835.

There are no birth certificates and most of the children and young women don't know their ages. Many mothers of 2 or 3 babies are as young as 16 to 17. They still haven't uncovered everything yet.

Abbey Marie
05-06-2008, 02:04 PM
It sure doesn't look right to me. DNA should tell us the truth.

05-06-2008, 02:25 PM
You keep internal records that lie for just such cases as this. This particular group might have been around from the 30's but the core base goes back to 1835.

There are no birth certificates and most of the children and young women don't know their ages. Many mothers of 2 or 3 babies are as young as 16 to 17. They still haven't uncovered everything yet.

i dont know many people or groups of people who anticipate police raiding their community and taking away their children.

Gaffer
05-06-2008, 02:42 PM
i dont know many people or groups of people who anticipate police raiding their community and taking away their children.

And you have never lived in a cult environment. I'm sure whatever records they kept were for the purposes of misleading and misinforming. They didn't even have medical records

I understand your questioning the authorities on this, but I think the authorities did it all right and by the numbers in this case.

gabosaurus
05-06-2008, 03:17 PM
I am mystified to see avatar defending a cult that believes in multiple marriages, forced marriage of adults to girls as young as 12, child abuse, "alpha child" conditioning and brainwashing.
Thinking of starting one of these cults yourself, avatar?

mundame
05-07-2008, 09:35 AM

Sure they did. These groups were sent out by the Mormon heirarchy in the 1920s to Canada, Mexico, and Colorado City, AZ, to keep polygamy alive after the feds made a serious push to stop the undercover illicit polygamy going on among the church elders despite the consent agreement signed by the Temple president back in ......1892, I think it was. 1872? He had an overnight "revelation" when federal troops started entering and cleaning out the temples and ward houses, that maybe they didn't need polygamy after all......................

But they kept on all the same, till the '20s, and then sent out communities to preserve it till a better legal climate.

That climate MAY be now if homosexual marriage goes through, but I sure hope it won't, because polygamy would follow right along.

Nuc
05-07-2008, 07:27 PM
But they kept on all the same, till the '20s, and then sent out communities to preserve it till a better legal climate.

That climate MAY be now if homosexual marriage goes through, but I sure hope it won't, because polygamy would follow right along.

Not really. Even if the USA acknowledges homosexual marriage, polygamy, Muslim polygamy, polyandry or any other atypical family structure, they're not going to legalize underage marriage and rape.

So while you may be right about polygamy these people would still be breaking the law with the child rape.

Hey polygamy is acceptable to at least a billion people on this planet and the way they're breeding it's inevitable that it will become MORE accepted.

mundame
05-08-2008, 10:30 AM
Not really. Even if the USA acknowledges homosexual marriage, polygamy, Muslim polygamy, polyandry or any other atypical family structure, they're not going to legalize underage marriage and rape.

It's not legalized now, but both Mormons and Muslims use their traditional structures to do it constantly. That's the problem: not that it's legal, but that they DO it.

Hey polygamy is acceptable to at least a billion people on this planet and the way they're breeding it's inevitable that it will become MORE accepted.

There's a happy thought. http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/spezial/Fool/bur2.gif

Dilloduck
05-08-2008, 11:02 AM
It's not legalized now, but both Mormons and Muslims use their traditional structures to do it constantly. That's the problem: not that it's legal, but that they DO it.

There's a happy thought. http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/spezial/Fool/bur2.gif

consenting adults