PDA

View Full Version : statue of our fallen......

manu1959
05-06-2008, 04:39 PM
from a friend via e-mail

This statue currently stands outside the Iraqi palace, now home to the 4th Infantry division

It will eventually be shipped home and put in the memorial museum in Fort Hood , TX

The statue was created by an Iraqi artist named Kalat, who for years was forced by Saddam Hussein to make the many hundreds of bronze busts of Saddam that dotted Baghdad .

Kalat was so grateful for the Americans liberation of his country; he melted 3 of the heads of the fallen Saddam and made the statue as a memorial to the American soldiers and their fallen warriors Kalat worked on this memorial night and day for several months.

To the left of the kneeling soldier is a small Iraqi girl giving the soldier comfort as he mourns the loss of his comrade in arms.

Do you know why we don't hear about this in the news?

Because it is heart warming and praise worthy.

The media avoids it because it does not have the shock effect.

gabosaurus
05-06-2008, 05:21 PM
They should place a statue of Dubya next to it. With a plaque that says "I sent all of them to their deaths."

manu1959
05-06-2008, 05:39 PM
They should place a statue of Dubya next to it. With a plaque that says "I sent all of them to their deaths."

actually congress voted to send them .... W just asked the question.....

gabosaurus
05-06-2008, 08:45 PM
Congress did vote -- after a large supply of lies and bullshit by Dubya. His entire premise was a sham.
This is Dubya's War. And Dubya's Dead.

manu1959
05-06-2008, 10:41 PM
Congress did vote -- after a large supply of lies and bullshit by Dubya. His entire premise was a sham.
This is Dubya's War. And Dubya's Dead.

i seem to recall george tennat a clinton apointee and richard clarke also a clinton apointee were the ones feeding bush the facts......you know the two guys in charge of intelligence that got hit eight times in eight years ......