PDA

View Full Version : Noose tightens around Hillary's neck

gabosaurus
05-06-2008, 11:44 PM
Obama won North Carolina by double digits. With 12 percent of the Indiana vote still to be counted (9:40 PDT), Hillary's lead is down to two percent (51-49).

Say goodbye Hillary...

05-07-2008, 01:38 AM
Were you not paying attention in the 90s? Losing NC isnt going to deter her. Seriously you can't be this naive.

DragonStryk72
05-07-2008, 02:15 AM
Were you not paying attention in the 90s? Losing NC isnt going to deter her. Seriously you can't be this naive.

No, but the DNC has finally hit the "enough is enough" point. Clinton kept saying to wait for North Carolina, well, we did that, and she lost.

Will she retire gracefully? No chance in hell, they're going to have to rip it from her talons. the problem is that this, more than anything, is going to have a detrimental effect on her attempting to run ever again. I mean, the serious low shots she took in this campaign have cause a serious falling out with Democrats.

diuretic
05-07-2008, 04:01 AM
A view from the Australian Left

Oh yes, I’m the great pretender
Pretending I’m doing well
My need is such
I pretend too much
I’m lonely but no one can tell

THE Platters’ song from the mid-1950s could serve as a great campaign song for many a politician. But it’s the ideal anthem for Hillary Clinton.

Where Bill was the bigger fibber who “did not have sex with that woman”, Hillary is the better chameleon. She can camouflage herself on moving backgrounds, instantly adapting to any crisis or context in which she finds herself. When trying to win over white working-class men, she’ll front the bar and toss down the drinks. In the company of those whose guns will have to be levered from their cold, dead hands (to paraphrase the National Rifle Association’s patron saint Chuck Heston), she becomes a rootin’, tootin’, gun-totin’ Annie Oakley who remembers shooting critters and varmints with Daddy as a childhood highlight.

More at the link - this is my favourite bit:

Nonetheless, Americans must be imagining Obama defeating Clinton in a photo-finish and going on to defeat John McCain, and finally being sworn in on inauguration day. Only to see Hillary closing in on him, shoving the Chief Justice aside and trying to grab the Bible.

http://tinyurl.com/5x77zb

05-07-2008, 07:04 AM
No, but the DNC has finally hit the "enough is enough" point. Clinton kept saying to wait for North Carolina, well, we did that, and she lost.

Will she retire gracefully? No chance in hell, they're going to have to rip it from her talons. the problem is that this, more than anything, is going to have a detrimental effect on her attempting to run ever again. I mean, the serious low shots she took in this campaign have cause a serious falling out with Democrats.

Clintons been clear for a while that she is taking it to the convention. NC isnt going to change a darn thing. And seriously why should she? Her and Obama are neck and neck. She has just as much right as anyone else to stay in the race.

What's funny about all this is Clinton isnt any different than she ever was. The DNC just seems to be tired of them. and with good reason. If it werent for Bill and Hillary they wouldnt be in such poor shape.

red states rule
05-07-2008, 07:08 AM
Clintons been clear for a while that she is taking it to the convention. NC isnt going to change a darn thing. And seriously why should she? Her and Obama are neck and neck. She has just as much right as anyone else to stay in the race.

What's funny about all this is Clinton isnt any different than she ever was. The DNC just seems to be tired of them. and with good reason. If it werent for Bill and Hillary they wouldnt be in such poor shape.

The same people who are openly showing their distain for the Clintons loved them when they were using the same tactics against Republicans

These people have know ful well the Clintions only care about what is best for the Clintons. They were cool with it when it benefited the Dem party

mundame
05-07-2008, 08:49 AM
Aaaaaacccccccck!!!!!!!!!! http://bestsmileys.com/sad/5.gif

Well, THAT didn't go according to the script!

Only 2% ahead for Hillary in Indiana, instead of the double-digits people were predicting, and Obama led by 14% in North Carolina!

Darn. The shattered expectations alone may be killing for Hillary. http://bestsmileys.com/crying/6.gif

red states rule
05-07-2008, 08:51 AM
Aaaaaacccccccck!!!!!!!!!! http://bestsmileys.com/sad/5.gif

Well, THAT didn't go according to the script!

Only 2% ahead for Hillary in Indiana, instead of the double-digits people were predicting, and Obama led by 14% in North Carolina!

Darn. The shattered expectations alone may be killing for Hillary. http://bestsmileys.com/crying/6.gif

Be of good cheer Mundame. Itr is not over yet

Hillary can still go to court over the FL and Mi

and then we has this

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=14146

gabosaurus
05-07-2008, 10:20 PM
It is good to see RSR continuing to support Hillary's campaign right up to the end. RSR, I know you voted for Hillary in the primary and continue to carry the torch, but eventually you need to give up and support Obama like the rest of your fellow Dems.

red states rule
05-07-2008, 11:28 PM
It is good to see RSR continuing to support Hillary's campaign right up to the end. RSR, I know you voted for Hillary in the primary and continue to carry the torch, but eventually you need to give up and support Obama like the rest of your fellow Dems.

I will continue to support Hillary staying in until she wins or loses

I have already switched my voter registration back to Republican, and will then vote against which ever one the Dems decide to lead them over the cliff

gabosaurus
05-07-2008, 11:35 PM
Well good. You can vote for Jane Fonda McCain if you wish.

red states rule
05-07-2008, 11:46 PM
Well good. You can vote for Jane Fonda McCain if you wish.

I will vote for the candidate based on the issues

You are voting for the candidate based on skin color

PostmodernProphet
05-08-2008, 06:21 AM
looks like the trickle of SD opting for Obama that began yesterday is growing......will it be a flood?

bullypulpit
05-08-2008, 06:54 AM
During Hillary's "victory" speech in Indiana, there was Bubba behind her looking as if those pork-rinds he'd wolfed down earlier were a little gamy. Or perhaps he was thinking "Oh god, she's gonna be home every night now..."

I do worry about Hillary though. Given how hard she's fought this campaign, I worry she'll become like one of those Japanese soldiers on one of those isolated Pacific islands who never realized the war was over.

bullypulpit
05-08-2008, 06:56 AM
I will vote for the candidate based on the issues

You are voting for the candidate based on skin color

You'll vote for whoever the GOP tells you to vote for. Coward.

red states rule
05-08-2008, 07:01 AM
You'll vote for whoever the GOP tells you to vote for. Coward.

You base your vote on skin color, and so you will not be accuse of being a racist

I will not vote for any liberal, regardless of race, or sex. Liberal hypocrite

bullypulpit
05-08-2008, 07:13 AM
You base your vote on skin color, and so you will not be accuse of being a racist

I will not vote for any liberal, regardless of race, or sex. Liberal hypocrite

That's right Coward...You just keep on projecting your own bullshit onto everyone else.

red states rule
05-08-2008, 07:15 AM
That's right Coward...You just keep on projecting your own bullshit onto everyone else.

Hey asshole, you libs are the ones playing the race card. If you don't vote for Barry, or mention his racist pastor, or America hating wife - you are a racist

Plus, the party that has screamed "count every vote" are telliong their own voters in Fl and MI to go to hell

Dems are doing all they can to help the black liberal while shoving the liberal female under the bus

bullypulpit
05-08-2008, 06:18 PM
Let's address your dumbass attack point by point.

Hey asshole, you libs are the ones playing the race card. If you don't vote for Barry, or mention his racist pastor, or America hating wife - you are a racist

The only ones saying this are the RWN pundits and the lemmings, like you, who cling to the sewage they spew as if it were manna from heaven. Funny, neither the media nor the RWN pundits are saying much about John Haggee or Rod Parsley and the crazy-assed, end time, WWIII bullshit they spout. And this after John McCain sought their endorsements and called Parsley his "spiritual advisor". Now, you really need to provide some documentation to back up the claim that Michelle Obama "hates" America. But you can't, so I won't expect it of you.

Plus, the party that has screamed "count every vote" are telliong their own voters in Fl and MI to go to hell

Ummmm...not so much. The Michigan and Florida Democratic leadership decide d to flout the rules on the timing of their primaries and they paid the price by not having their delegates seated. All the Democratic candidates agreed not to campaign in either Florida or Michigan. But when Hillary started falling behind in the popular vote and the delegate count, she and her campaign wanted to change the rules in the middle of the game.

Dems are doing all they can to help the black liberal while shoving the liberal female under the bus

Nobody is shoving Hillary under the bus. The scorched earth tactics her campaign has adopted is doing that for her.

It would behoove you, in the future, to get the facts straight before you start wasting bandwidth with your bullshit. The simple fact is that th GOP leadership is shitting razor-blades because their whole strategy was geared to running against Hillary. Turns out this strategy wasn't any better than those adopted by the current upper-class GOP twit occupying the Oval Office.

Coward.

red states rule
05-08-2008, 06:23 PM
So Keith Overbite, Chris Matthews, CBS, ABC, and NBC are RWN pundits? They are playing the race card daily

McCain did not sit in the pew for 20 years and listen to racist and America hating "sermons"

So now it is fine with liberal hacks to tell 2 large states to fuck off - your votes will not count. All to appease the black lib and to make sure he wins

Now libs are pissed over the Clinton's doing what they ahve always do. Destroy anyone who gets in their way. Yet these same libs were cheering when they were using them against Republicans

MY facts are 100% correct -it is the truth that pisses you off

Liberal hypocrite

bullypulpit
05-08-2008, 07:59 PM
So Keith Overbite, Chris Matthews, CBS, ABC, and NBC are RWN pundits? They are playing the race card daily

McCain did not sit in the pew for 20 years and listen to racist and America hating "sermons"

So now it is fine with liberal hacks to tell 2 large states to fuck off - your votes will not count. All to appease the black lib and to make sure he wins

Now libs are pissed over the Clinton's doing what they ahve always do. Destroy anyone who gets in their way. Yet these same libs were cheering when they were using them against Republicans

MY facts are 100% correct -it is the truth that pisses you off

Liberal hypocrite

Dear Coward,

Your "facts" are little more than right wing spin. You offer nothing more than your own vitriol and the parroted words of RWN pundits like Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Bill O'Reilly and the rest of their ilk. Your own pathetic, impotent outrage stems form your utter inability to effectively counter the facts on the ground. It must really suck being you when reality has such a "liberal" bias.

Dismissed.

red states rule
05-09-2008, 05:06 AM
Dear Coward,

Your "facts" are little more than right wing spin. You offer nothing more than your own vitriol and the parroted words of RWN pundits like Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Bill O'Reilly and the rest of their ilk. Your own pathetic, impotent outrage stems form your utter inability to effectively counter the facts on the ground. It must really suck being you when reality has such a "liberal" bias.

Dismissed.

Obama Kool Aid drinkers like you are so desperate. Do you actually believe your lies, or are you in your usual spin mode? The voters are seeing your boy for what he is, and that is why so many voting blocks are rejecting him

But to you, it is because they are racists - not that Barry is a lousy candidate

So goes the thougth process of a liberal hypocrite