PDA

View Full Version : TV video shows Philly officers kicking, hitting 3 suspects

LiberalNation
05-07-2008, 12:10 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080507/ap_on_re_us/videotaped_police_beating;_ylt=ArSM5CTMBN8430SK8Nl jHrdvzwcF

PHILADELPHIA - A half-dozen police officers kicked and beat three men pulled from a car during a traffic stop as a TV helicopter taped the confrontation.

The video, shot by WTXF-TV, shows three police cars stopping a car Monday, two days after a city officer was shot to death responding to a bank robbery.

The tape shows about a dozen officers gathering around the vehicle. About a half-dozen officers hold two of the men on the ground. Both are kicked repeatedly, while one is seen being punched; one also appears to be struck with a baton.

The third man is also kicked and ends up on the ground.

"On the surface it certainly does not look good in terms of the amount of force that was used," Police Commissioner Charles Ramsey said. "But we don't want to rush to judgment."

The officers were responding to a report of a shooting nearby, police said. It was not immediately clear what preceded the confrontation.

Ramsey said Philadelphia officers have been on edge since Saturday, when Officer Stephen Liczbinski was fatally shot with an assault rifle after a robbery.

05-07-2008, 01:42 AM
It's Philadelphia, trust me this is really nothing compared to what they face.

On the other hand, it does mean more work for me so they can cut it out.

Pale Rider
05-07-2008, 07:34 AM
Just watched this on the news this morning. Looks bad... real bad. If these fucking pigs can't control themselves, they shouldn't be wearing a badge and carrying a gun. Every one of them should be fined and thrown in jail for assault and battery.

glockmail
05-07-2008, 07:35 AM
Isn't Philly a Democrat strong-hold?

diuretic
05-07-2008, 08:54 AM
It's doing the rounds here now. Kicking? i saw kicking. Not impressed one bit.

05-07-2008, 11:30 AM
Isn't Philly a Democrat strong-hold?

has been for over 50 years. corruption is insane but people dont seem to think maybe the city wouldnt suck so much if they voted for someone else.

I havent seen the video. But I know with the crime rate they arent going to want to prosecute cops. They need everyone they can get.

glockmail
05-07-2008, 12:17 PM
has been for over 50 years. corruption is insane but people dont seem to think maybe the city wouldnt suck so much if they voted for someone else.

I havent seen the video. But I know with the crime rate they arent going to want to prosecute cops. They need everyone they can get. It sounds to me like a case of "us v. them" mentality that Democrats and Union types foster.
The video starts when the suspects car stops, but I'm guessing the driver did something that threatened one or more cops, and the cops reacted by punishing him for it.

Pale Rider
05-07-2008, 12:32 PM
It sounds to me like a case of "us v. them" mentality that Democrats and Union types foster.
The video starts when the suspects car stops, but I'm guessing the driver did something that threatened one or more cops, and the cops reacted by punishing him for it.

That ain't the pigs job pard. It's the courts.

glockmail
05-07-2008, 12:36 PM
That ain't the pigs job pard. It's the courts. Of course. But in this world the Liberal judges won't do what needs to be done.