PDA

View Full Version : MY Children Are Wonderful

Nienna
03-01-2007, 08:15 AM
This is a thread in which parents (or grandparents, or aunts, or uncles, etc.) can unabashedly brag about their children. Here, we don't have to hold back our pride just to be polite. And, no one is allowed to say that that child's accomplishment is no big deal. I'll start! :D

My daughter's gym class is going through a unit on jump-roping. They held a contest to see who could make the most jumps in a row. Most of the kids were making it to 30 or 50. MY daughter, however, made it to 361! There was only one other kid in the school who came close to her, and he was a grade ahead. He made 320. :D

CSM
03-01-2007, 08:25 AM
This is a thread in which parents (or grandparents, or aunts, or uncles, etc.) can unabashedly brag about their children. Here, we don't have to hold back our pride just to be polite. And, no one is allowed to say that that child's accomplishment is no big deal. I'll start! :D

My daughter's gym class is going through a unit on jump-roping. They held a contest to see who could make the most jumps in a row. Most of the kids were making it to 30 or 50. MY daughter, however, made it to 361! There was only one other kid in the school who came close to her, and he was a grade ahead. He made 320. :D

That is awesome!

My number two son just made E-8 Master Sergeant in the Army and #3 just made E-7 (Sergeant First Class).

Nienna
03-01-2007, 08:27 AM
That is awesome!

My number two son just made E-8 Master Sergeant in the Army and #3 just made E-7 (Sergeant First Class).

Wow! Congratulations to them! And I thank them for their service. :salute:

darin
03-01-2007, 08:31 AM
That is awesome!

Dang - that's awesome. :D

Jon
03-01-2007, 08:55 AM

:clap:

Jon
03-01-2007, 08:56 AM
That is awesome!

Woot! Very cool!

Jon
03-01-2007, 09:00 AM
My daughter can now (mostly) sit up on her own and roll over (from front or back).

She's also beginning to get the "bah" and "mah" sounds down in addition to the normal gutteral growls, coos, squeaks, squawks, and spittle.

Oh! She giggles and belly laughs too! Damn this is fun!

:dance:

jimnyc
03-01-2007, 09:08 AM
My son backtalks to his Mommy a lot but rarely with me. :laugh2:

My boy is 6 and in the first grade. While he is yet to make any great accomplishments that would make the newspaper, this is one Dad who couldn't possibly be any prouder. Jordan is lovable, he's the first to make friends with people and likes to hug and tell people how he feels. He's heads and tails above the rest of his class in reading, math & projects. His only downfall is listening! (I think Dad's genes are starting to appear).

He comes home daily with stars or smiley's for his accomplishments and improvements. I think he'll be a lawyer someday as his debating skills are second to none at his age. Hell, he hit his leg on the wall yesterday and started yelling at it for getting in his way, and that's the truth! Once he learns something he never forgets.

He sent his Grandma a thank you card for Christmas gifts and wrote "thanks for the stuff" :) I just love him to death and he's what keeps me going.

All of you parents & grandparents should be proud. Raising a child is not easy, and bringing a child into this world and helping them better themselves is something not to be taken lightly. Kudos to all!

darin
03-01-2007, 09:47 AM
My son, this morning, told me this:

"When I grow up, I want to be a secret Agent. They do LOTS of cool things."

me: "that's cool, but then I'd never know what you were"

Eth: "Uh-huh, cuz I would tell you."

me: "Wouldn't be very 'secret' then, would it?"

Eth: "Or maybe a Zoo Keeper..."

:)

Joan
03-01-2007, 10:21 AM
I have 9 grandchildren, and they are all very special to me! But I can top you all with bragging rights - my baby son owns this board!!!

5stringJeff
03-01-2007, 10:39 AM
My 7th grade daughter is getting straight A's so far this semester.

My 15 month old son knows most of his body parts, articles of clothing, and is starting to recognize (and say) colors.

And my 22-weeks-in-the-womb son is already 14 inches long!

KitchenKitten99
03-01-2007, 11:46 AM
Ben, my 10mo (will be in 3 days) is pulling himself up already on stuff, and he's only been really crawling for about 2.5 weeks. He is also doing the self-feeding with the gerber 'puffs', which he loves.

Nathan my 3yo can sing almost all of 'Twinkle Twinkle Little star" now. He also knows his whole alphabet, shapes, and colors.

Nienna
03-01-2007, 03:34 PM
My daughter can now (mostly) sit up on her own and roll over (from front or back).

She's also beginning to get the "bah" and "mah" sounds down in addition to the normal gutteral growls, coos, squeaks, squawks, and spittle.

Jon, your daughter is amazingly beautiful... I love looking at pictures of her!

Abbey Marie
03-01-2007, 04:43 PM
My 15 month old son knows most of his body parts, articles of clothing, and is starting to recognize (and say) colors.

Jeff, that is very advanced! You should be very proud.

My daughter is an All-State trumpet player for three years in a row, and this year made 1st chair trumpet in her jazz band, as a sophomore. She's also ranked academically 19 out of 365, and is a blue-eyed brunette beauty, who I think is going to be taller than her 5'8" mom.

Nice positive idea, Nienna. :clap:

Abbey Marie
03-01-2007, 04:44 PM
Jon, your daughter is amazingly beautiful... I love looking at pictures of her!

She really is baby-model beautiful!

glockmail
03-01-2007, 04:46 PM
My son’s in 9th grade, working on his Eagle, on the cross country and track teams, and skis competitively. He has a 4.25 GPA.
My daughter’s in 7th grade, #1 Field Hockey player in the County, expert skier, straight A’s. She’s also drop dead gorgeous and Daddy’s got a carton of 20gauge shells filled with rock salt.

jimnyc
03-01-2007, 05:01 PM
She’s also drop dead gorgeous and Daddy’s got a carton of 20gauge shells filled with rock salt.

:laugh2:

Seriously though, that's some great accomplishments, and they are good looking kids!

Nienna
03-23-2007, 10:48 PM
My son rescues worms. :)

They were out waiting for the bus today, and David kept running off the driveway into the soggy grass. I told him to stay on the driveway so he wouldn't get his school clothes muddy, and he did after that. But he kept squatting down on the pavement, then standing up and throwing something into the grass.

"David, Son, WHAT are you doing out there?" I called.
"Mom, I'm just getting these worms! They will get all dried out if they don't get back in the mud!"

He's so compassionate! :)

Of course, an added bonus to the rescue effort was getting to chase his sister and the neighbor girl around the driveway with dangling worms. ;)

Gaffer
03-23-2007, 10:59 PM
My son rescues worms. :)

They were out waiting for the bus today, and David kept running off the driveway into the soggy grass. I told him to stay on the driveway so he wouldn't get his school clothes muddy, and he did after that. But he kept squatting down on the pavement, then standing up and throwing something into the grass.

"David, Son, WHAT are you doing out there?" I called.
"Mom, I'm just getting these worms! They will get all dried out if they don't get back in the mud!"

He's so compassionate! :)

Of course, an added bonus to the rescue effort was getting to chase his sister and the neighbor girl around the driveway with dangling worms. ;)

Compassion only goes so far. :lol:

Hobbit
03-23-2007, 11:25 PM
Just remember, a visible Eagle Scout card in your wallet will get you out of a speeding ticket.

BTW, I ain't tellin' my kid that. That's one of those things you only tell other peoples' kids. :P

Trigg
03-24-2007, 01:35 PM
Our house was attacked last week by a vicious bug that put me and my husband completely out of commision for about a week. My daughter (11) and oldest son (13) made meatloaf for the family. All I had to do was find the recipe for them and they handled the rest even cleaning up the dishes afterward. They were a huge help keeping an eye on the younger two while I was upstairs praying for a quick death.

My oldest also came in 2nd in a wrestling tourney involving 10 schools.

My two younger boys have decided to follow in his footsteps and join freestyle.

Trigg
03-24-2007, 01:41 PM

It's so fun when they're little and everything is new. Adorable pic by the way.

I miss having babies at my house, I have to keep running over to my sisters.

Roomy
03-24-2007, 02:32 PM
I could brag forever about my kids and grandkids but ultimately they will be a burden I will bear until I die, and gladly do so.

Roomy
03-24-2007, 02:34 PM
It's so fun when they're little and everything is new. Adorable pic by the way.

I miss having babies at my house, I have to keep running over to my sisters.

When you babysit twin 1 yearold grandsons all weekend every weekend you miss not having babies in the house.

glockmail
03-26-2007, 08:45 AM
The boy broke into the Platinum handicap in NASTAR alpine ski racing.

He also ran 12:02 on the last HS meet in the 3200m. It was a very exciting race, where he passed and got passed by two older, bigger boys from another team several times. On the last lap he broke away and beat them both handily. :clap:

Nienna
04-02-2007, 08:14 AM
The boy broke into the Platinum handicap in NASTAR alpine ski racing.

He also ran 12:02 on the last HS meet in the 3200m. It was a very exciting race, where he passed and got passed by two older, bigger boys from another team several times. On the last lap he broke away and beat them both handily. :clap:

Wow! What an exciting race! :)

Nienna
04-02-2007, 08:16 AM
My baby (5 years old) and I played rock-paper-scissors this morning. He beat me. I picked "rock." He picked "dynamite." I didn't know that was an option. :(

:D

5stringJeff
04-02-2007, 10:33 AM
My baby (5 years old) and I played rock-paper-scissors this morning. He beat me. I picked "rock." He picked "dynamite." I didn't know that was an option. :(

:D

PWN3D