PDA

View Full Version : John McCain Castigates Obama on Judges

red states rule
05-07-2008, 06:26 AM
McCain is fianlly taking on the liberalism of Obama. McCain is correct when he says Obama will appoint liberal moonbats on the bench. Libs who do not rule on existing law, but create news laws to fit their political and social viewpoints

John McCain Castigates Obama on Judges

WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. -- Republican John McCain castigated Democrat Barack Obama for voting against John Roberts as Supreme Court chief justice in a speech about the kind of judges McCain would nominate.

McCain offered an olive branch to the Christian right in a speech planned for Tuesday at Wake Forest University. The far right has been deeply suspicious of McCain, the expected GOP presidential nominee, because he has clashed with its leaders and worked against them on issues like campaign finance reform.

McCain promised to appoint judges who, in the mold of Roberts and Supreme Court Justice Samuel Alito, are likely to limit the reach of the Roe v. Wade decision that legalized abortion.

"They would serve as the model for my own nominees if that responsibility falls to me," McCain said in his prepared speech.

http://www.newsmax.com/politics/mccain_judges/2008/05/06/93698.html

Pale Rider
05-07-2008, 07:19 AM
Too little too late for me. McCain still isn't going to get my vote. I can't forget his RINO past, and I believe once he's in the White House, it will reemerge with a vengeance... so he can once again, "stick it to his party," because he's a "maverick." Look at what he recentley said to the republican party in N.D.. When that happens, I want to be able to look at myself in the mirror and say, "not my fault, I didn't vote for the fucker."

red states rule
05-07-2008, 07:21 AM
Too little too late for me. McCain still isn't going to get my vote. I can't forget his past, and I believe once he's in the White House, it will reemerge with a vengeance... so he can once again, "stick it to his party," because he's a "maverick." When that happens, I want to be able to look at myself in the mirror and say, "not my fault, I didn't vote for the fucker."

At least McCain is starting to take on Obama and pointing out the differences

The last thing we need is more moonbat Judges like Breyer and Ginsburg

Pale Rider
05-07-2008, 07:22 AM
At least McCain is starting to take on Obama and pointing out the differences

The last thing we need is more moonbat Judges like Breyer and Ginsburg

When it comes to the person I'm going to vote for for President, "at least" is not something I want to say.

I want a person that's the total package, or nothing.

Ron Paul, Wayne Root.

red states rule
05-07-2008, 07:24 AM
When it comes to the person I'm going to vote for for President, "at least" is not something I want to say.

That is one of the reasons for Operation Chaos Pale. Someone has to bloody up Obama

McCain thinks he can run a PC campaign and stil win. McCain still thinks Obama or Hillary will run a "civil" campaign

That is like Elliot Ness thinking he can talk Al Capone out of a life a crime

Pale Rider
05-07-2008, 07:39 AM
That is one of the reasons for Operation Chaos Pale. Someone has to bloody up Obama

McCain thinks he can run a PC campaign and stil win. McCain still thinks Obama or Hillary will run a "civil" campaign

Frankly, I don't have any idea what mccain is thinking, don't care brother. I'm not supporting him.

red states rule
05-07-2008, 07:40 AM
Frankly, I don't have any idea what mccain is thinking, don't care brother. I'm not supporting him.

McCAin is running a strange campaign - much like Rudy

McCain has several openings to take Obama on, and he will not do it

Oh well, someone has to do it - so Operation Chaos will go on

red states rule
05-07-2008, 08:44 AM
What more proof do you need to show McCain was right about Judges? The NYT opposes the founders views, and they sprew it in this op-ed

snip

Mr. McCain predictably criticized liberal judges, vowed strict adherence to the Founders’ views and promised to appoint more judges in the mold of Chief Justice John Roberts and Justice Samuel Alito. That is just what the country does not need.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/07/opinion/07wed1.html?_r=1&ref=opinion&oref=slogin

PostmodernProphet
05-07-2008, 10:12 AM

if you lived in a swing state, we would work on you harder....

red states rule
05-07-2008, 10:37 AM

McCain is the one who needs to work on it. Trying to make nice to either Obama or Hilary will be his demise

Does he still think the Chris Matthew's of the liberla media will still smother him with kisses like have in the past when he opposed Pres Bush?

mundame
05-07-2008, 11:00 AM
McCain has several openings to take Obama on, and he will not do it

Karl Rove said there's no point in McCain saying anything about the Obama controversies now: plenty of attention is focused on it from the Dem race.

Later..........................he expects it will be addressed.

I bet it will.

And McCain can let the 527s do it and stay well above the fray.

DragonStryk72
05-07-2008, 11:01 AM

Actually, Obama can fight a civil campaign, unfortunately, he's running against Clinton, so that's just not gonna happen with her.

red states rule
05-07-2008, 11:19 AM
Actually, Obama can fight a civil campaign, unfortunately, he's running against Clinton, so that's just not gonna happen with her.

Oh reallY? Anytime you call Obama on anything, they pull they race card out and call you a racist

red states rule
05-07-2008, 11:20 AM
Karl Rove said there's no point in McCain saying anything about the Obama controversies now: plenty of attention is focused on it from the Dem race.

Later..........................he expects it will be addressed.

I bet it will.

And McCain can let the 527s do it and stay well above the fray.

In the Dem primaries, the libs wil give Barry a pass and ignore his racist and terrorist friends

In the general election it will be different

mundame
05-07-2008, 11:39 AM
In the Dem primaries, the libs wil give Barry a pass and ignore his racist and terrorist friends

In the general election it will be different

That's right.

That's why I personally believe McCain will win if Obama runs against him.

But I saw a Wall Street Journal editorial today that said what's going on is Dem leaders are perfectly sure EITHER of their candidates can beat McCain. Wow, I sure don't think so, but these are professional politicians, so maybe they know.

On the other hand, professional pols gave us Carter (who did win, but we regretted it), McGovern, Dukakis, and Mondale. So maybe they aren't as smart as they think they are.

The same editorial said that HALF of all Dems do not feel Mrs. Clinton is "honest or trustworthy," and that this is a residue of the old Clinton scandals and is why the superdelegates want to break away from the Clintons finally. That "residue" IS why Gore didn't win, after all: people were fed up, enough that he just barely lost. (Okay, in the Electoral College, I admit that.) That is partly why they don't want the "residue" of the Clintons (why am I thinking of blue dresses?) affecting this election.

Well, I think this is wrong, that Obama is more vulnerable than Clinton in the 85% of voters who are white, but what do I know.

red states rule
05-07-2008, 11:41 AM
That's right.

That's why I personally believe McCain will win if Obama runs against him.

But I saw a Wall Street Journal editorial today that said what's going on is Dem leaders are perfectly sure EITHER of their candidates can beat McCain. Wow, I sure don't think so, but these are professional politicians, so maybe they know.

On the other hand, professional pols gave us Carter (who did win, but we regretted it), McGovern, Dukakis, and Mondale. So maybe they aren't as smart as they think they are.

The same editorial said that HALF of all Dems do not feel Mrs. Clinton is "honest or trustworthy," and that this is a residue of the old Clinton scandals and is why the superdelegates want to break away from the Clintons finally. That "residue" IS why Gore didn't win, after all: people were fed up, enough that he just barely lost. (Okay, in the Electoral College, I admit that.) That is partly why they don't want the "residue" of the Clintons (why am I thinking of blue dresses?) affecting this election.

Well, I think this is wrong, that Obama is more vulnerable than Clinton in the 85% of voters who are white, but what do I know.

Which is what libs are ignoring. In the Dem primary, Obama people gave him a pass for his friendships with racists and terrorists

They gave Hillary a pass on her lies, and the long list of her failures

In November, it wil be a general election and who ever the Dems goes with will crash and burn

mundame
05-07-2008, 11:46 AM
Which is what libs are ignoring. In the Dem primary, Obama people gave him a pass for his friendships with racists and terrorists

They gave Hillary a pass on her lies, and the long list of her failures

In November, it wil be a general election and who ever the Dems goes with will crash and burn

So the Journal says Dem leaders think EITHER of their candidates will do the job, and you think NEITHER of their candidates will do the job.

Huh.

red states rule
05-07-2008, 11:48 AM
So the Journal says Dem leaders think EITHER of their candidates will do the job, and you think NEITHER of their candidates will do the job.

Huh.

Dem leaders were giddy over Gore, Kerry, and McGovern

As Rush pointed out, McGovern has now endorsed Obama. He finally wants a Dem to lose bigger then he did :laugh2:

mundame
05-07-2008, 11:58 AM
As Rush pointed out, McGovern has now endorsed Obama. He finally wants a Dem to lose bigger then he did :laugh2:

Okay, that was good. http://macg.net/emoticons/laughing6.gif

red states rule
05-07-2008, 12:03 PM
Okay, that was good. http://macg.net/emoticons/laughing6.gif

and probably very true

I am sure Mondale is hoping for the same as well :laugh2:

Pale Rider
05-07-2008, 12:27 PM

Wouldn't do ya much good. Once I make up my mind, that's pretty much it.

glockmail
05-07-2008, 12:27 PM
if you lived in a swing state, we would work on you harder.... That's what I tell my nephews who live in Massachusetts. I don't care if they vote for every liberal on the ballot, cuz it ain't going to make a difference in how that State- er, Commonwealth, elects.

red states rule
05-07-2008, 12:29 PM
Wouldn't do ya much good. Once I make up my mind, that's pretty much it.

Unlike libs who are always ready with a firm maybe

Pale Rider
05-07-2008, 12:40 PM
Unlike libs who are always ready with a firm maybe

When I sat by and watched one good conservative after another fall by the way side during our nomination process, not only was I disappointed beyond words, but it drove me out of the republican party. There's no way I'd have ever voted for mccain before, now, or in the future. He's a dam liberal in disguise.

For the first time in my life, I'm voting third party. My advice to others is to also do it. The time has come to bust up the two party system. It no longer serves the people it's supposed to.

red states rule
05-07-2008, 12:42 PM
When I sat by and watched one good conservative after another fall by the way side during our nomination process, not only was I disappointed beyond words, but it drove me out of the republican party. There's no way I'd have ever voted for mccain before, now, or in the future. He's a dam liberal in disguise.

For the first time in my life, I'm voting third party. My advice to others is to also do it. The time has come to bust up the two party system. It no longer serves the people it's supposed to.

Pale, you nver know. Perhaps his choice for VP might change your mind. Given his age, McCain may be able to serve only one term - thus his VP would be the next in line

Who knows, you might even have MFM over for Thanksgiving dinner as well