PDA

View Full Version : Will Hillary Run As An Independent?

red states rule
05-07-2008, 07:46 AM
This is another option Hillary might consider. This will turn the November election upside down

Hillary Clinton As An Independent Candidate for President? This Fight Could Go On Beyond The Convention

By Joe Rothstein
Editor, USpoliticstoday.com

How long will this Clinton-Obama marathon continue?

Possibly into November.

Consider this scenario:

--After the last primary election votes are counted in South Dakota and Montana June 3 just enough superdelegates declare for Obama to insure his nomination by the thinnest of margins.

--Hillary Clinton claims that the decision to exclude the Florida and Michigan delegations has distorted the nominating process and that the only way to have a fair resolution to this year's campaign is to carry the fight into the general election. She decides to run as an independent.

Unlikely? How can anyone discount any bizarre development in this strangest of presidential election campaign years? In fact, some Clinton insiders have been floating this very possibility. At the moment, a Clinton independent candidacy is viewed as an idle threat, designed to pressure superdelegates with a party disaster if they don't nominate Clinton. But when you look at the electoral college calculus, an independent run could represent a realistic path to the White House for Clinton.

http://uspolitics.einnews.com/article.php?nid=461158

Trigg
05-07-2008, 07:51 AM
She's not that narcissistic is she??

red states rule
05-07-2008, 07:54 AM
She's not that narcissistic is she??

We are talking about the Clinton's

Trigg
05-07-2008, 12:16 PM
We are talking about the Clinton's

Nope, I don't think she's that eager to see the party go down in flames.

I do see her hanging on, at least until the money runs out. I think she should stay in, she's won 2 out of the last 3 primaries. The only reason the MSM is calling for her to exit is because they're so infatuated with Obama for some stupid reason.

glockmail
05-07-2008, 12:23 PM
Nah. No one has ever won that way, and by splitting the Democrat vote she'll be seen as denying a black man the chance to be president. She will tepidly support him in public and work the back rooms to defeat him, thus setting herself up for 2012. This woman thinks long term.

red states rule
05-07-2008, 12:27 PM
Nah. No one has ever won that way, and by splitting the Democrat vote she'll be seen as denying a black man the chance to be president. She will tepidly support him in public and work the back rooms to defeat him, thus setting herself up for 2012. This woman thinks long term.

I think it is possible. We are talking about Hillary, a women who craves power and will do anythng to get it

glockmail
05-07-2008, 12:34 PM
I think it is possible. We are talking about Hillary, a women who craves power and will do anythng to get it She will become the patient victim of a racist man, just like she became the patient victim of a philanderer, and will use both ploys in 2012.

red states rule
05-07-2008, 12:36 PM
She will become the patient victim of a racist man, just like she became the patient victim of a philanderer, and will use both ploys in 2012.

Time wil tell, but running as an Independent is an option

If it looks like she could take the Electoral College (the popular vote does not matter) you know she will go for it

manu1959
05-07-2008, 12:59 PM
she has to do something....she can not let the party power base shift from the clinton gang to obama and co......if she can't win she needs obama to lose so mcain goes one term and out......then as others have said.....2012....and she tries again......and there will be no one in her way.....

red states rule
05-07-2008, 01:02 PM
she has to do something....she can not let the party power base shift from the clinton gang to obama and co......if she can't win she needs obama to lose so mcain goes one term and out......then as others have said.....2012....and she tries again......and there will be no one in her way.....

She can also go to court to seat the FL and MI delegates

There is still alot of life in the Clinton campaign - and so the war goes on

Which is a good thing for McCain. He needs all the help he can get

manu1959
05-07-2008, 01:07 PM
She can also go to court to seat the FL and MI delegates

There is still alot of life in the Clinton campaign - and so the war goes on

Which is a good thing for McCain. He needs all the help he can get

if she goes to court to get those delegates seated i see a lot of super delegates going to obama to offset that play .....

red states rule
05-07-2008, 01:11 PM
if she goes to court to get those delegates seated i see a lot of super delegates going to obama to offset that play .....

Not if the seated delegates increase her delegate and popular vote total

Either way, half the party is going to pissed they lost, and the rip in the party will grow

manu1959
05-07-2008, 01:15 PM
Not if the seated delegates increase her delegate and popular vote total

Either way, half the party is going to pissed they lost, and the rip in the party will grow

well the are what 500 plus supers...she will get her pro ratta share of florida and michigan and obama will get his pro ratta share...... and then the supers will jump ship to obama ..... the clintons made the dem party look bad ..... they aren't going to let them back in power ....

red states rule
05-07-2008, 01:17 PM
well the are what 500 plus supers...she will get her pro ratta share of florida and michigan and obama will get his pro ratta share...... and then the supers will jump ship to obama ..... the clintons made the dem party look bad ..... they aren't going to let them back in power ....

But the Clintons can sure wreck the party

Hillary is getting the key votong blocks needed to win the Electoral College. Barry is losing those blocks. Don't get me wrong, at this point both Hillary and Obama are damaged goods

I am just hoping Hilary will continue to fight, and kee[ the war within the Dem party going

DragonStryk72
05-07-2008, 08:03 PM
Nope, I don't think she's that eager to see the party go down in flames.

I do see her hanging on, at least until the money runs out. I think she should stay in, she's won 2 out of the last 3 primaries. The only reason the MSM is calling for her to exit is because they're so infatuated with Obama for some stupid reason.

As well because she's losing by a large margin, and is increasing using attacks that have absolutely no moral fiber left to them.

gabosaurus
05-07-2008, 10:00 PM
Not a chance.

red states rule
05-07-2008, 11:29 PM
As well because she's losing by a large margin, and is increasing using attacks that have absolutely no moral fiber left to them.

You mean like his total lack of knowledge of economics, his desire to coddle America's enemies, and his terrorist/racist friends?