PDA

View Full Version : Obama Credits Operation Chaos

red states rule
05-07-2008, 11:26 AM
This wil not make the liberal media very happy. For weeks, the liberal talking heads have dismissed Rush and his plan to keep the fight between Obama and Hilary going

Now the liberal media's Golden Boy admits the truth

Obama Camp Credits ‘Operation Chaos’ for Clinton Lead in Indiana

Barack Obama’s campaign issued an e-mail on Tuesday night that appeared to relegate Hillary Clinton’s lead in Indiana to efforts by Rush Limbaugh to wreak havoc in the Democratic presidential primary contest.

In an e-mail entitled “The Limbaugh Effect in Indiana = 7 percent,” Obama campaign spokesman Bill Burton wrote: “According to the latest exit polling data, 17 percent of voters in the Indiana primary today said they would vote for John McCain in a Clinton/McCain match-up. Forty-one percent of that number is constituted by people who voted Clinton in the primary but also indicated they will vote for McCain in the general election. That comes out to just under 7 percent of the primary electorate the number that may be attributed to a Limbaugh Effect.”

“The Limbaugh Effect” referred to “Operation Chaos,” which the conservative radio talk show host launched early in the primary season to create “balance” in the 2008 primary contest after he said liberal influences helped John McCain emerge as the presumptive Republican presidential nominee.

Limbaugh has said his scheme to tilt the Democratic primary exceeded his expectations.

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/05/06/obama-camp-credits-operation-chaos-for-clinton-lead-in-indiana/

mundame
05-07-2008, 11:41 AM
This wil not make the liberal media very happy. For weeks, the liberal talking heads have dismissed Rush and his plan to keep the fight between Obama and Hilary going

Now the liberal media's Golden Boy admits the truth

Obama Camp Credits ‘Operation Chaos’ for Clinton Lead in Indiana

Barack Obama’s campaign issued an e-mail on Tuesday night that appeared to relegate Hillary Clinton’s lead in Indiana to efforts by Rush Limbaugh to wreak havoc in the Democratic presidential primary contest.

In an e-mail entitled “The Limbaugh Effect in Indiana = 7 percent,” Obama campaign spokesman Bill Burton wrote: “According to the latest exit polling data, 17 percent of voters in the Indiana primary today said they would vote for John McCain in a Clinton/McCain match-up. Forty-one percent of that number is constituted by people who voted Clinton in the primary but also indicated they will vote for McCain in the general election. That comes out to just under 7 percent of the primary electorate the number that may be attributed to a Limbaugh Effect.”

“The Limbaugh Effect” referred to “Operation Chaos,” which the conservative radio talk show host launched early in the primary season to create “balance” in the 2008 primary contest after he said liberal influences helped John McCain emerge as the presumptive Republican presidential nominee.

Limbaugh has said his scheme to tilt the Democratic primary exceeded his expectations.

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/05/06/obama-camp-credits-operation-chaos-for-clinton-lead-in-indiana/

Jeepers, 7% in Indiana, 10% in Pennsylvania!

This Operation Chaos is quite a phenomenon.

red states rule
05-07-2008, 11:43 AM
Jeepers, 7% in Indiana, 10% in Pennsylvania!

This Operation Chaos is quite a phenomenon.

Which is why the Obama people and his allies in the liberal media are foaming at the mouth

I hope Hillary stays in - she has more Operation Chaos votes to get

Lets keep this war going

mundame
05-07-2008, 11:48 AM
Which is why the Obama people and his allies in the liberal media are foaming at the mouth

I hope Hillary stays in - she has more Operation Chaos votes to get

Lets keep this war going

Keeping wars going seems to be somewhat of a theme of yours, RSR........ http://forums.offtopic.com/images/smilies/happysad.gif

red states rule
05-07-2008, 11:50 AM
Keeping wars going seems to be somewhat of a theme of yours, RSR........ http://forums.offtopic.com/images/smilies/happysad.gif

When I am on the right side and see victory at hand - you bet I do

Whith the Dems, if want to commit political suicide, I am happy to step backl and give them a wide berth

red states rule
05-07-2008, 02:29 PM
Anytime you can get the liberal hate sites worked into a tizzy - you know you are on the right track

Did Limbaugh Try To Incite Violence?

For weeks, now, Rush Limbaugh has been trying to incite political violence by giving on-air military-sounding orders, effectively 'commanding' his listeners to wage war against the U.S. electoral system.

The right-wing pundit's 'orders' to his Republican listeners have been clear: vote in the Democratic primaries as a coordinated tactic for sewing division in the opposition party. The goal of such 'chaos,' Limbaugh has stated explicitly, is to foment hatred between different parts of the Democratic Party leading, ultimately, to street riots during the Denver convention.

The ongoing incident raises a serious question:

How does Limbaugh's bid to incite political violence with radio broadcasts differ from previous instances where radio has been used to that end (e.g., Rwanda)?

Most Americans would agree that using radio to incite political violence is not only wrong, but the attempt itself represents a massive failure in our democracy. How Limbaugh's broadcasts differ from, say, radio broadcasts that incited violence in Rwanda and Kenya, for example, can help us to understand exactly what Limbaugh was doing and the exact danger it poses.

for the complete article

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jeffrey-feldman/did-limbaugh-incite-viole_b_100586.html

Gaffer
05-07-2008, 03:28 PM
I didn't see any quotations around what Rush was suppose to have said. Somehow it makes me think that Rush didn't say that. After all its coming from the huff and puff.

red states rule
05-07-2008, 03:31 PM
I didn't see any quotations around what Rush was suppose to have said. Somehow it makes me think that Rush didn't say that. After all its coming from the huff and puff.

Rush did say he hopes the "Recreate Chcago 68" does its job in Denver. It will show America what liberalsim is all about when they do not get their way

mundame
05-07-2008, 03:35 PM

Good point. I bet you're right.

The ongoing incident raises a serious question:

How does Limbaugh's bid to incite political violence with radio broadcasts differ from previous instances where radio has been used to that end (e.g., Rwanda)?

Well darn, did Rush tell people to run out and chop up Tootsies with machetes? That's what the radio broadcasts said in Rwanda!!

If not, I suggest it doesn't raise a serious question at all.

In fact, this Operation Chaos is the only amusing and lighthearted thing about this whole campaign!

red states rule
05-07-2008, 03:36 PM
Good point. I bet you're right.

Well darn, did Rush tell people to run out and chop up Tootsies with machetes? That's what the radio broadcasts said in Rwanda!!

If not, I suggest it doesn't raise a serious question at all.

In fact, this Operation Chaos is the only amusing and lighthearted thing about this whole campaign!

Rush was wishing the liberal kooks from "Recreate Chicago 68" good luck.

I am to for that matter

BTW, I found Hillary's Bosnia sniper story amusing? How about you?

Hagbard Celine
05-07-2008, 04:36 PM
http://blog.wired.com/cultofmac/_thesuddencurve_images_limbaugh_oxycontin.jpg

Hey! Let's all tie our stars this guy's wagon! He seems legit!

red states rule
05-07-2008, 04:37 PM
http://blog.wired.com/cultofmac/_thesuddencurve_images_limbaugh_oxycontin.jpg

Hey! Let's all tie our stars this guy's wagon! He seems legit!

As usal the left can't bring themselves to admit Rush has beaten them once again

They should be used to it by now

DragonStryk72
05-07-2008, 07:45 PM
As usal the left can't bring themselves to admit Rush has beaten them once again

They should be used to it by now

No, I think they were calling him a hypocritical windbag, you know, for spending the better part of his career talking about how anyone who abuses drugs should be in prison.... well, until it's him that does it, and then he's really, just profoundly sorry, and that should be good enough for anyone.

Kathianne
05-07-2008, 07:56 PM
No, I think they were calling him a hypocritical windbag, you know, for spending the better part of his career talking about how anyone who abuses drugs should be in prison.... well, until it's him that does it, and then he's really, just profoundly sorry, and that should be good enough for anyone.

Bottom line, I thought it showed how all leaders have feet of clay. It's easy to 'preach' when one hasn't been tested. He was, he failed. He paid heavy price, personally, (deafness and reputation), and professionally, (many thousands if not millions of $$).

Still, he manages to stagger on.

gabosaurus
05-07-2008, 10:01 PM
Dude, you are quoting a Fox New article. Of course they are going to play up Rush. :rolleyes:

red states rule
05-07-2008, 11:24 PM
Dude, you are quoting a Fox New article. Of course they are going to play up Rush. :rolleyes:

Gabby, your boy's campaign sent the email crediting Operation Chaos, not Fox News

Sitarro
05-08-2008, 01:38 AM

I have listened to Rush's show for a solid 13 years. Many of those years, I was able to listen every day. Your post is complete bullshit. Better part of his career? You don't have a clue about his career, you are merely parroting some garbage you have heard or read from his detractors and pretending to have some idea of what you are talking about.

It has been extremely rare that I have heard him comment on ILLEGAL drugs or prescription drugs. Being someone who has tried most illegal drugs during college days, I pay attention to anyone spouting off about their effects without any real knowledge. The OxyContin was prescribed by a physician for a re-occurring back problem, they weren't for recreational use like Ted Kennedy's very liberal use of alcohol. The OxyContin is highly addictive and I would hope a doctor prescribing it would have had a better sense of the symptoms of addiction to a drug he was prescribing..... obviously he didn't.

Rush suffered a lot of harm from his addiction and yet was very vocal about it's effects and the treatment he endured to get over it. It is always amazing to me how the left will hold up skanks like Amy Winehouse or Ted Kennedy as role models even as they continue on their self destroying paths of addiction. But if a conservative like Rush or President Bush goes through the effort to beat their addiction and succeeds, they are ravaged by the hypocritical left..... pathetic. Typical of the left, they hate anyone successful at anything unless they subscribe to the guilt they feel for success.

Speaking of hypocritical windbags, what do you think of Ted Kennedy?

mundame
05-08-2008, 10:43 AM
BTW, I found Hillary's Bosnia sniper story amusing? How about you?

I didn't mind it. A stressful trip; confabulation. It's common, shows she's human.

red states rule
05-08-2008, 10:44 AM
I didn't mind it. A stressful trip; confabulation. It's common, shows she's human.

No, it shows she is a big liar

What was she ducking Mundame - a bumble bee? Sure was not sniper fire

red states rule
05-08-2008, 10:53 AM

Gabby, not only did you boy's campaign credit Rush, but now the Washington Compost has joined in

Did Rush Limbaugh Tilt Result In Indiana?
Conservative Host Urged 'Chaos' Votes

By Alec MacGillis and Peter Slevin
Washington Post Staff Writers
Thursday, May 8, 2008; Page A01

Even as Barack Obama's campaign celebrated Tuesday's primary results, aides charged yesterday that they would have had an even stronger showing were it not for meddling by an unlikely booster of Hillary Rodham Clinton: the popular conservative radio host and longtime Clinton family nemesis Rush Limbaugh.

The impact of Limbaugh's "Operation Chaos" emerged as an intriguing point of debate, particularly in Indiana, where registered voters could participate in either party's primary, and where Clinton won by a mere 14,000 votes. As he had before several recent primaries, Limbaugh encouraged listeners to vote for Clinton to "bloody up Obama politically" and prolong the Democratic fight.

Limbaugh crowed about the success of his ploy all day Tuesday, featuring on-air testimonials from voters in Indiana and North Carolina who recounted their illicit pleasure in casting a vote for Clinton. "Some of the people show up and they ask for a Democrat ballot, and the poll worker says, 'Why, what are you going to do?' He says, 'Operation Chaos,' and they just laugh," Limbaugh said Tuesday

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/05/07/AR2008050703932.html?hpid=topnews

Dilloduck
05-08-2008, 11:06 AM
Gabby, not only did you boy's campaign credit Rush, but now the Washington Compost has joined in

Did Rush Limbaugh Tilt Result In Indiana?
Conservative Host Urged 'Chaos' Votes

By Alec MacGillis and Peter Slevin
Washington Post Staff Writers
Thursday, May 8, 2008; Page A01

Even as Barack Obama's campaign celebrated Tuesday's primary results, aides charged yesterday that they would have had an even stronger showing were it not for meddling by an unlikely booster of Hillary Rodham Clinton: the popular conservative radio host and longtime Clinton family nemesis Rush Limbaugh.

The impact of Limbaugh's "Operation Chaos" emerged as an intriguing point of debate, particularly in Indiana, where registered voters could participate in either party's primary, and where Clinton won by a mere 14,000 votes. As he had before several recent primaries, Limbaugh encouraged listeners to vote for Clinton to "bloody up Obama politically" and prolong the Democratic fight.

Limbaugh crowed about the success of his ploy all day Tuesday, featuring on-air testimonials from voters in Indiana and North Carolina who recounted their illicit pleasure in casting a vote for Clinton. "Some of the people show up and they ask for a Democrat ballot, and the poll worker says, 'Why, what are you going to do?' He says, 'Operation Chaos,' and they just laugh," Limbaugh said Tuesday

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/05/07/AR2008050703932.html?hpid=topnews

Is nice of Rush to hand the liberals something to rally behind when they regroup.

red states rule
05-08-2008, 11:08 AM
Is nice of Rush to hand the liberals something to rally behind when they regroup.

and I love to see them whining, crying, and pouting over the success of Operation Chaos

Now Rush may ask Republicans to cross over and vote for McCain