PDA

View Full Version : Today is the Final Day

darin
03-01-2007, 11:44 AM
Today the last day 5StringJeff and I will be co-workers. We'll both be on-the-books still, but I'll be out of town from Saturday evening, until after he leaves this Post for bigger and better things.

Jeff - I'm a better man because of you. Thank you for your friendship, mentoring, and advice over the past few years. You're a good man, Jeff. It is my honor to know you. Not 'know you' in a Biblical sense. I wish you well on your future endeavors. It's not just fluff when I say I'm certain you will become even MORE of a driving force behind making ANY organization you're a part of, measurably BETTER. Things won't be the same around the building when you're gone. People look up to you - not just because you're tall, but because when you say something at a meeting, you are 'right'. All the time. Even in the occasion you are wrong, you say what you believe with such conviction and authority everyone BUYS it, anyway.

You leave BIG SHOES to fill, brother. Indeed, you may be succeed in your office, however nobody can replace you.

Thankfully I'll be back before you leave town for good, so I'll save the REAL mushy stuff for then. :)

All best to you and your family...Godspeed.

:manhug: :slaponthebacksoitsnotgay:

Darin

Mr. P
03-01-2007, 11:48 AM
Where is Jeff headed?

5stringJeff
03-01-2007, 12:09 PM
Where is Jeff headed?

Syracuse, NY, for sum hire edyoukashun.

5stringJeff
03-01-2007, 12:10 PM
Today the last day 5StringJeff and I will be co-workers. We'll both be on-the-books still, but I'll be out of town from Saturday evening, until after he leaves this Post for bigger and better things.

Jeff - I'm a better man because of you. Thank you for your friendship, mentoring, and advice over the past few years. You're a good man, Jeff. It is my honor to know you. Not 'know you' in a Biblical sense. I wish you well on your future endeavors. It's not just fluff when I say I'm certain you will become even MORE of a driving force behind making ANY organization you're a part of, measurably BETTER. Things won't be the same around the building when you're gone. People look up to you - not just because you're tall, but because when you say something at a meeting, you are 'right'. All the time. Even in the occasion you are wrong, you say what you believe with such conviction and authority everyone BUYS it, anyway.

You leave BIG SHOES to fill, brother. Indeed, you may be succeed in your office, however nobody can replace you.

Thankfully I'll be back before you leave town for good, so I'll save the REAL mushy stuff for then. :)

All best to you and your family...Godspeed.

:manhug: :slaponthebacksoitsnotgay:

Darin

All I can say is thank you. :)

dan
03-01-2007, 01:41 PM
All I can say is.... :gay:

glockmail
03-01-2007, 04:28 PM
Syracuse, NY, for sum hire edyoukashun. Went to SU meself. Bring your Bean boots, BMW 318i, and skis. Oh, and rubbers for those Lon Gisland girls. :laugh2:

Abbey Marie
03-01-2007, 05:05 PM
Syracuse, NY, for sum hire edyoukashun.

Best of luck to you, Jeff!

Are you and your family buying a home in Syracuse?

5stringJeff
03-01-2007, 05:10 PM
Went to SU meself. Bring your Bean boots, BMW 318i, and skis. Oh, and rubbers for those Lon Gisland girls. :laugh2:

I doubt my wife will let me get close enough to them for such purposes... but I went to West Point, so I already know all about them! :D

5stringJeff
03-01-2007, 05:11 PM
Best of luck to you, Jeff!

Are you and your family buying a home in Syracuse?

Nope, gonna rent.

Abbey Marie
03-01-2007, 05:15 PM
Nope, gonna rent.

Much easier that way.

I expect you will be developing a fondness for the color orange. :beer:

Nienna
03-01-2007, 06:16 PM
All I can say is.... :gay:

Naw... they slapped each others' backs, thus applying the antidote for the gay male hug. They're all right!

:)

All the best wishes for you and your family, Jeff! I'm sure you will succeed!

glockmail
03-01-2007, 07:26 PM
I doubt my wife will let me get close enough to them for such purposes... but I went to West Point, so I already know all about them! :D

I really liked it up there. Be prepared for 6 months of winter, with at least 1/2" of snow daily. Several excellent local ski areas, especially Song Mountain. Go north to Pulaski for 260" +/ year, vs. Syracuse's paltry 110". Outside the U. it is the eastern most mid-west city: people are generally laid back. Onondaga County is GOP country. The County has an excellent cross country ski park (free) with horse drawn sleigh rides (fee). Onondaga Lake is the most polluted in the US. The Pyramid Mall sits on top of a hazardous waste dump. You will love the other Finger Lakes for the clean water, boating, fishing and wine. Ugliest population of overweight women anywhere. Best sweet corn in the world. Check out the Town of Nedrow, as it used to (maybe still does) have a majority Libertarian on the Town Board. Spring lasts 3 weeks, tops. Join the NY Conservative Party. Very interesting history of the Erie Canal. It doesn't get above 70 in the northern Adirondaks. All the crime is on the west side of I-81.