PDA

View Full Version : Fear Of A Black President

gabosaurus
05-07-2008, 10:25 PM
Is it in you? :p

http://i27.tinypic.com/125rm12.jpg

Mr. P
05-07-2008, 10:36 PM
I guess I must have missed the latest announcement, "The most moronic thread of the month" contest. The winner gets to ware the dunce hat all next month, right?

Yurt
05-07-2008, 10:47 PM
gabs dear, you have no room to talk about my threads :laugh2:

gabosaurus
05-07-2008, 11:33 PM
It's a lot less moronic than you think...

Monkeybone
05-07-2008, 11:40 PM
see this is where it is getting stupid and just right down ridiculous. if you don't like Obama then you are a racist and afriad of a black President. give me a fucking break. they want a presidental race that doesn't involve race, then stop bringing it up! dems bring it up more than anyone else. like stated before, it is just a stupid and weak arguement/idea that if you don't like someones policies or at least how they would go around to getting the results, then you are racist if they ain't the same color as you. trying to guilt trip them into it? forgot that we were voting for student council in grade school.

isn't it kinda racist to push for him since he is black? or are you afraid of being labeled racist for (as a guy was saying on the news today), " Not givin a brother a chance".

red states rule
05-07-2008, 11:41 PM

I have no fear of a President Michael Steele or a President Condoleezza Rice

I suspect you have alot of fear, and anger, over those possible Presidents

Yurt
05-08-2008, 12:13 AM

so then it is somewhat moronic....:lmao:

05-08-2008, 12:59 AM
Is there a reason you think we should be afraid of a Black President any more than any other President?

glockmail
05-08-2008, 06:00 AM

I suspect you have alot of fear, and anger, over those possible PresidentsI voted for Alan Keyes on Tuesday. I suspect that most Liberals would shit their pants in fear if he became President.

red states rule
05-08-2008, 07:11 AM
I voted for Alan Keyes on Tuesday. I suspect that most Liberals would shit their pants in fear if he became President.

Liberals usually use racist insults to show how they feel about black conservatives. This from the party that claimes they oppose any racism of any kind - only when it comes from the right of course

glockmail
05-08-2008, 07:39 AM
Liberals usually use racist insults to show how they feel about black conservatives. This from the party that claimes they oppose any racism of any kind - only when it comes from the right of course
They use "stupid" to describe people that they can't understand, and "gay" to insult people who speak the truth on that issue as well. We have established a pattern here.

red states rule
05-08-2008, 07:46 AM
They use "stupid" to describe people that they can't understand, and "gay" to insult people who speak the truth on that issue as well. We have established a pattern here.

The pattern is, libs will not admit Obama is an out-of-touch race card playing elitist

Trigg
05-08-2008, 11:50 AM
The pattern is, libs will not admit Obama is an out-of-touch race card playing elitist

They also won't admit that he has no experience. He's a JR. Senator who's voted 182 times "present" instead of taking a stand.

red states rule
05-08-2008, 11:53 AM
They also won't admit that he has no experience. He's a JR. Senator who's voted 182 times "present" instead of taking a stand.

To liberals that is showing how open minded he is. He is not tied down to only one POV

05-08-2008, 12:38 PM
Id still like to know what's so scary about Obama being half black.

Monkeybone
05-08-2008, 12:42 PM
Id still like to know what's so scary about Obama being half black.

if someone sports a year round tan and you don't An, while not giving them everything that they ask for and deserve....you're racist. or if you don't agree with them, then you're scared of them and racist on top of that. ok?

red states rule
05-08-2008, 02:00 PM
if someone sports a year round tan and you don't An, while not giving them everything that they ask for and deserve....you're racist. or if you don't agree with them, then you're scared of them and racist on top of that. ok?

The liberal media must be worried about Hillary staying in the race. Could it be they know Barry is a weak candidate and is losing key voting blocks?

Or are they worried the Clintons wil have some "October Surprise" to spring on the SD's?

CBS’s Smith: ‘Terry McAuliffe, Why is Your Candidate Still In This Race?’
By Kyle Drennen | May 8, 2008 - 14:47 ET

On Thursday’s CBS "Early Show" co-host Harry Smith fretted over Hillary Clinton’s refusal to drop out of the presidential race and pressed Clinton campaign manager Terry McAuliffe on why she is still in the race: "Let me show you some headlines this morning. From this morning's Daily News, "It's his party," with a picture of Barack Obama. From the New York Post, "Over the Hill," you know what they're talking about there. From The Wall Street Journal, "Democrats Look to Life After Clinton." Terry McAuliffe, why is your candidate still in this race?"

After that introduction, Smith went on to try to convince McAuliffe that the situation was futile:

SMITH: Can you formulate a scenario, though, in which she actually mathematically can get this nomination?

MCAULIFFE: Sure. She can move ahead in the popular vote. We're assuming we get Michigan and Florida resolved. Because there are --

SMITH: Excuse me. Everything Howard Dean has said so far as though that's all off the table. That is not going to happen. Those states took themselves out of the process.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/kyle-drennen/2008/05/08/cbs-s-smith-terry-mcauliffe-why-your-candidate-still-race

retiredman
05-08-2008, 02:11 PM
It'll all work itself out before the convention, I think. We'll get ourselves united around one candidate and win in the fall, IMHO.

red states rule
05-08-2008, 02:29 PM
It'll all work itself out before the convention, I think. We'll get ourselves united around one candidate and win in the fall, IMHO.

Hillary can stil take the party to court over MI and FL

Your party will "unite" without white males, Reagan Dems, and women

Barry has been beaten up and exposed what a liberal snob he is. As one Hillary guy said. "We can;t win with eggheads and blacks"

Yep, Barry has united the party

retiredman
05-08-2008, 02:32 PM
Hillary can stil take the party to court over MI and FL

Your party will "unite" without white males, Reagan Dems, and women

Barry has been beaten up and exposed what a liberal snob he is. As one Hillary guy said. "We can;t win with eggheads and blacks"

Yep, Barry has united the party

we'll see, won't we?

how is McCain doing uniting muscular conservatives like you?:laugh2:

red states rule
05-08-2008, 02:34 PM
we'll see, won't we?

how is McCain doing uniting muscular conservatives like you?:laugh2:

Unlike libs like you, I will not compormise my principals for political gain

Operation Chaos has allowed the Dem process to drag on, allowed Hillary to bloody up Barry, Barry's big mouth and bimbo wife have inflicted damage as well

retiredman
05-08-2008, 02:35 PM
http://rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_20082/2008_presidential_election/general_election_match_up_history

trend does not look good for the GOP's choice!

red states rule
05-08-2008, 02:38 PM
http://rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_20082/2008_presidential_election/general_election_match_up_history

trend does not look good for the GOP's choice!

Polls 7 months out are meaningless

Barry has consistently lost key voting blocks, and that is a fact

retiredman
05-08-2008, 02:39 PM
Unlike libs like you, I will not compormise my principals for political gain

Operation Chaos has allowed the Dem process to drag on, allowed Hillary to bloody up Barry, Barry's big mouth and bimbo wife have inflicted damage as well

but yet your "principles" allow you to participate in Operation Chaos? That is hardly a principled position....

and who DOES a ""principled" muscular conservative like you vote for in November?

From my perspective, if my party were to nominate someone who did not reflect my principles and my political beliefs, I would not vote for them. I would be forced to vote for a third party candidate... I have done it before and would gladly do so again.

retiredman
05-08-2008, 02:41 PM
Polls 7 months out are meaningless

Barry has consistently lost key voting blocks, and that is a fact

"lost" them? not to a republican, he hasn't. our party will rally behind our nominee because we don't want four more years of incompetence.

and when you say that polls seven months out are meaningless, does that mean that you will no longer be posting polling results?

at what point do they become meaningful?

jimnyc
05-08-2008, 02:44 PM
A black president doesn't scare me in the slightest, THIS black president is what scares me. And it's not his color that scares me but rather his politics.

Abbey Marie
05-08-2008, 03:15 PM
A black president doesn't scare me in the slightest, THIS black president is what scares me. And it's not his color that scares me but rather his politics.

Amen to that.

red states rule
05-08-2008, 03:17 PM
"lost" them? not to a republican, he hasn't. our party will rally behind our nominee because we don't want four more years of incompetence.

and when you say that polls seven months out are meaningless, does that mean that you will no longer be posting polling results?

at what point do they become meaningful?

In a year where Dems should have walked into the WH without breaking a sweat, the polls show a 1 or 2 point advantahe for Barry and Hillary

If we went by pools 7 months out, it would be Rudy VS Hillary in November

Bottom line, Barry is a tax and spend liberal,a nd he will probably lose key voting blocks and the Electoral College

glockmail
05-08-2008, 03:18 PM
What's up with this term "muscular conservatives" that these dipshit Liberals are tossing around? Is that like "neocon"? :pee:

manu1959
05-08-2008, 03:18 PM
a black president would be cool ..... who were you thinking of ....

mundame
05-08-2008, 03:21 PM
What's up with this term "muscular conservatives" that these dipshit Liberals are tossing around? Is that like "neocon"?

I've heard "muscular Christian." For strong fundamentalists.

Probably the same sort of thing.

Abbey Marie
05-08-2008, 03:21 PM
a black president would be cool ..... who were you thinking of ....

:laugh2: He scores again.

manu1959
05-08-2008, 03:23 PM
What's up with this term "muscular conservatives" that these dipshit Liberals are tossing around? Is that like "neocon"? :pee:

they can't top moonbat tree hugger....or even liberal.....so they try and create cool insults.....they are so smart them dims....

red states rule
05-08-2008, 03:23 PM

I used a logo with muscular conservative, and dipshit keeps using it

I keep telling him I will not compromise my principals, but since MFM does not have any, he does not get it

Abbey Marie
05-08-2008, 03:24 PM
they can't top moonbat tree hugger....or even liberal.....so they try and create cool insults.....they are so smart them dims....

It sounds complimentary. Go figure.

retiredman
05-08-2008, 03:25 PM
What's up with this term "muscular conservatives"?

oh...that's right...I forgot that you were persona non grata at USMB...

you'd know that "muscular conservative" refers to RSR's avatar which shows a hardcore conservative elephant flexing his muscles.

retiredman
05-08-2008, 03:26 PM
I used a logo with musculat conservative, and dipshit keeps using it

I keep telling him I will not compromise my principals, but since MFM does not have any, he does not get it

why do you say I have no principles just because mine differ from yours? As I said, if my party ever nominated a candidate that did not abide with my principles, I would vote for a third party candidate...and I have done so before.

red states rule
05-08-2008, 03:27 PM

you'd know that "muscular conservative" refers to RSR's avatar which shows a hardcore conservative elephant flexing his muscles.

A conservative with principals - something you sadly lack

retiredman
05-08-2008, 03:33 PM
A conservative with principals - something you sadly lack

a stupid insult without basis.

Just because you don't agree with the principles of the democratic party does not mean that they do not exist.

and did your "principles" as a hardcore conservative make you support the philandering, pro-choice, pro-gun control, pro-gay Guliani over Tancredo and Hunter and the other real hardcore conservatives in the race?

mundame
05-08-2008, 03:36 PM
why do you say I have no principles just because mine differ from yours? As I said, if my party ever nominated a candidate that did not abide with my principles, I would vote for a third party candidate...and I have done so before.

Given that you would know this candidate can't win, would you continue to talk politics?

red states rule
05-08-2008, 03:37 PM
a stupid insult without basis.

Just because you don't agree with the principles of the democratic party does not mean that they do not exist.

and did your "principles" as a hardcore conservative make you support the philandering, pro-choice, pro-gun control, pro-gay Guliani over Tancredo and Hunter and the other real hardcore conservatives in the race?

Since when did the Dem party have any princiapals? Your platform is subject to change based on poll results and focus groups

red states rule
05-08-2008, 03:38 PM

What principals are those? News to me you have any

retiredman
05-08-2008, 03:40 PM
What principals are those? News to me you have any
like I said...I support the principles of the democratic party as delineated in our party's platform. You can disagree with them, but that does not mean they do not exist.

And as I also said, if my party were to nominate a candidate that did not firmly stand on those principles, I would vote for a third party candidate and have done so in the past.

red states rule
05-08-2008, 03:42 PM
like I said...I support the principles of the democratic party as delineated in our party's platform. You can disagree with them, but that does not mean they do not exist.

And as I also said, if my party were to nominate a candidate that did not firmly stand on those principles, I would vote for a third party candidate and have done so in the past.

Keep tabs on them - they are subject to change without notice

And I am sure you will change with them

retiredman
05-08-2008, 03:43 PM
Since when did the Dem party have any princiapals? Your platform is subject to change based on poll results and focus groups

our party platform has remained pretty much unchanged for several elections.

but tell me again how a principled hardcore conservative would not support a Tancredo or a Hunter over Guliani? Those two are definite principled hardcore conservatives. Rudy was a philandering, pro-choice, pro-gun control, pro-gay rights moderate!

retiredman
05-08-2008, 03:44 PM
Keep tabs on them - they are subject to change without notice

And I am sure you will change with them

tell me a democratic party platform plank that has changed in the last dozen years.

glockmail
05-08-2008, 03:44 PM

..... Prove it. The Jar Head who heads up that site can confirm that for you if it is in fact true.

retiredman
05-08-2008, 03:47 PM
Prove it. The Jar Head who heads up that site can confirm that for you if it is in fact true.

if you are NOT, then one would think you would understand the term muscular conservative... unless you have RSR on ignore. I have no idea whether you lurk around USMB in the shadows. I don't see you post much... and I remember, vaguely, that you were banned for something or other...

red states rule
05-08-2008, 03:49 PM
tell me a democratic party platform plank that has changed in the last dozen years.

As soon as the polls come out, or the fouce group reports come in Dems will then be for them

Unless they show voters want tax cuts

glockmail
05-08-2008, 03:50 PM
if you are NOT, then one would think you would understand the term muscular conservative... unless you have RSR on ignore. I have no idea whether you lurk around USMB in the shadows. I don't see you post much... and I remember, vaguely, that you were banned for something or other... Must be that your brain cells are burned out by drinking too much scotch late at night, naked in your barcolounger with the dog urine stains on the sides.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/showpost.php?p=684965&postcount=119

mundame
05-08-2008, 03:58 PM
Originally Posted by manfrommaine

Given that you would know this candidate can't win, would you continue to talk politics?

Hmmmmmmmmmmm..............no answer. This has happened before. Okay, I get it, MFM doesn't talk to me.

I just KNOW it's prejudice against how I look!!!!!!!!!!!! http://bestsmileys.com/sad/5.gif

red states rule
05-08-2008, 03:59 PM
Must be that your brain cells are burned out by drinking too much scotch late at night, naked in your barcolounger with the dog urine stains on the sides.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/showpost.php?p=684965&postcount=119

and carrying on conversations with ghosts from the past

gabosaurus
05-08-2008, 04:23 PM
and carrying on conversations with ghosts from the past

Dudes, what does this have to do with the original topic? Like...nothing?

red states rule
05-08-2008, 04:26 PM

Then why not comment on another post? Or are you tired of losing the debate?

bullypulpit
05-08-2008, 06:25 PM

I suspect you have alot of fear, and anger, over those possible Presidents

Oh yeah....Steele got beaten like a gong by Ben Cardin in his bid for the open Senate seat Paul Sarbanes retired from. And Condi...Her incompetence is monumental, and we may be years finding out just how bad it really was. Yeah buddy...a lot to fear there. But a coward like you would know about fear.

bullypulpit
05-08-2008, 06:27 PM

It's their standard SOP Gabby. When their intellectual bankruptcy is revealed, they change the subject as quickly as they can and as abruptly as necessary.

red states rule
05-08-2008, 06:28 PM
Oh yeah....Steele got beaten like a gong by Ben Cardin in his bid for the open Senate seat Paul Sarbanes retired from. And Condi...Her incompetence is monumental, and we may be years finding out just how bad it really was. Yeah buddy...a lot to fear there. But a coward like you would know about fear.

Where were all the libs in the blue state of MD supporting the black guy? Oh, they supported him by throwing Oreo cookies at him, calling him an Uncle Tom, a sellout, and other thpical comments made by libs toward black conservatives

Condi has also been called equally racist things by the party that claims to oppose all racism

bullypulpit
05-08-2008, 08:04 PM
Where were all the libs in the blue state of MD supporting the black guy? Oh, they supported him by throwing Oreo cookies at him, calling him an Uncle Tom, a sellout, and other thpical comments made by libs toward black conservatives

The "Oreo Incident" never happened...It's political apocrypha. As for the rest, please provide citations and links. Just as likely they never happened either.

Condi has also been called equally racist things by the party that claims to oppose all racism

Please, cite examples with links...if you dare. Coward.

retiredman
05-08-2008, 10:33 PM
As soon as the polls come out, or the fouce group reports come in Dems will then be for them

Unless they show voters want tax cuts

so I guess you can't name a democratic plank that has changed....why didn't you just say so?

manu1959
05-09-2008, 12:03 AM
so I guess you can't name a democratic plank that has changed....why didn't you just say so?

no child left behind?

more troops in iraq?

clinton tax cuts?

red states rule
05-09-2008, 05:09 AM
no child left behind?

more troops in iraq?

clinton tax cuts?

When it comes to principals, the foundation of their party, and what Dems believe in - they are always ready with a firm and definite maybe.

A s strong perhaps

glockmail
05-09-2008, 07:48 AM

I just KNOW it's prejudice against how I look!!!!!!!!!!!! http://bestsmileys.com/sad/5.gif :lol: I liked you better before.

mundame
05-09-2008, 07:55 AM
:lol: I liked you better before.

I bet.

Lots of different ways to be a woman, though.

glockmail
05-09-2008, 08:00 AM
I bet.

Lots of different ways to be a woman, though. The warts are a definite turnoff. Who's the new babe? She's gorgeous.

mundame
05-09-2008, 08:03 AM
The warts are a definite turnoff. Who's the new babe? She's gorgeous.

She's not as young as you may think..........................note the white hair.

retiredman
05-09-2008, 08:22 AM
no child left behind?

more troops in iraq?

clinton tax cuts?

apples and oranges.
those are not planks of a party platform...those are individually developed pieces of legislation. As a national party, The democrat's policy on education has remained steady. Its opposition to the war in Iraq is steady and the policy on progressive tax policy has remained constant.

glockmail
05-09-2008, 08:22 AM
She's not as young as you may think..........................note the white hair.
I like grey hair. It's sexy. Who is she?
http://www.debatepolicy.com/showpost.php?p=114064&postcount=194

glockmail
05-09-2008, 08:41 AM
....As a national party, The democrat's policy on education has remained steady. Its opposition to the war in Iraq is steady and the policy on progressive tax policy has remained constant. So the Democrat Party Line is steady, its just the Democrat politicians that waffle. Is that your position?

mundame
05-09-2008, 09:38 AM
I like grey hair. It's sexy. Who is she?
http://www.debatepolicy.com/showpost.php?p=114064&postcount=194

A Crone............just witchy fantasy art from Google images. They cheated, though ---- crones are not supposed to be beautiful. The three stages of a woman's life: maid, wife, crone.

Crone is the most powerful stage, of course.

Dilloduck
05-09-2008, 09:41 AM
A Crone............just witchy fantasy art from Google images. They cheated, though ---- crones are not supposed to be beautiful. The three stages of a woman's life: maid, wife, crone.

Crone is the most powerful stage, of course.

That ain't no crone----it's a chick with white hair.

mundame
05-09-2008, 09:56 AM
That ain't no crone----it's a chick with white hair.

I put a proper Crone up yesterday, but got a certain amount of resistance from the men, for some reason..........

http://www.catchride.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/yuck.gif http://www.catchride.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/yuck.gif http://www.catchride.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/yuck.gif

retiredman
05-09-2008, 10:02 AM
So the Democrat Party Line is steady, its just the Democrat politicians that waffle. Is that your position?the democratic party platform has remained fairly consistent, as has the republican party's platform. All politicians of both parties participate in compromise in order to get legislation passed. Doing so does not mean that anyone abandons principles or - as RSR suggests - does not have principles to begin with. THAT is my position. To suggest that democrats who support their party's nomination process and the eventual nominee from that process somehow are therefore devoid of "principles" is a stupid schoolyard insult without substance.

manu1959
05-09-2008, 10:34 AM
apples and oranges.
those are not planks of a party platform...those are individually developed pieces of legislation. As a national party, The democrat's policy on education has remained steady. Its opposition to the war in Iraq is steady and the policy on progressive tax policy has remained constant.

so you are for education.....good....

even though all the dems voted to go to war you all have always been opposed to it.....got it.....

progressive taxes......as in progressivley increase them.....got it....even though clinton cut them....excellent....

no wonder you all are in love with "well groomed sound bite man"

manu1959
05-09-2008, 10:36 AM
the democratic party platform has remained fairly consistent, as has the republican party's platform. All politicians of both parties participate in compromise in order to get legislation passed. Doing so does not mean that anyone abandons principles or - as RSR suggests - does not have principles to begin with. THAT is my position. To suggest that democrats who support their party's nomination process and the eventual nominee from that process somehow are therefore devoid of "principles" is a stupid schoolyard insult without substance.

you do know super delegates were only recently created to ensure the people elected the correct candidate ...... that would be a policy change ....

retiredman
05-09-2008, 10:41 AM
so you are for education.....good....

even though all the dems voted to go to war you all have always been opposed to it.....got it.....

progressive taxes......as in progressivley increase them.....got it....even though clinton cut them....excellent....

no wonder you all are in love with "well groomed sound bite man"

I am for government assisting familiies in education. that is the stance of my party.

a majority of congressional democrats voted against going to war.

Do you understand what "progressive tax code" means? Cutting taxes does not change the basic concept of maintaining a progressive nature to taxation.

again.... you confuse legislation with platform. apples and oranges.

manu1959
05-09-2008, 10:51 AM
I am for government assisting familiies in education. that is the stance of my party.

a majority of congressional democrats voted against going to war.

Do you understand what "progressive tax code" means? Cutting taxes does not change the basic concept of maintaining a progressive nature to taxation.

again.... you confuse legislation with platform. apples and oranges.

except when i want my tax dollars so i can go to a private school because the public one sucks....then you are against helping me....

how is that majority doing on cuting funding or voting to recall the troops....

yes i understand what progressive means....your parties spin of the meaning is adventuresome at best....

so the democrats basic platform is one voice one vote unless the super delegates disagree with the voice....

gabosaurus
05-09-2008, 10:53 AM
Another thread hijacked. :lmao:

retiredman
05-09-2008, 10:55 AM
except when i want my tax dollars so i can go to a private school because the public one sucks....then you are against helping me....

how is that majority doing on cuting funding or voting to recall the troops....

yes i understand what progressive means....your parties spin of the meaning is adventuresome at best....

so the democrats basic platform is one voice one vote unless the super delegates disagree with the voice....

1. correct.
2. not very well.
3. I disagree
4. how our party nominates a president is our party's business and has nothing to do with our party's platform for governance.

jimnyc
05-09-2008, 10:55 AM
apples and oranges.

Then why did so many prominent leaders in the Dem party vote for the war? Voting for it and then opposing it come election time doesn't ring "steady" to me.

retiredman
05-09-2008, 10:57 AM
Then why did so many prominent leaders in the Dem party vote for the war? Voting for it and then opposing it come election time doesn't ring "steady" to me.

the fact remains that a majority of my party's congressional delegation voted against the war. I will never vote for a democrat who voted FOR the war unless that democrat publicly repents for that vote. That stance is VERY steady and reflects the views of the vast majority of democrats in America.

red states rule
05-09-2008, 11:02 AM
The "Oreo Incident" never happened...It's political apocrypha. As for the rest, please provide citations and links. Just as likely they never happened either.

Please, cite examples with links...if you dare. Coward.

Amazing how such a well imformed plays dum when confronted with facts. Or perhaps you are not playing

'Party trumps race' for Steele foes

By S.A. Miller
THE WASHINGTON TIMES
November 2, 2005

Black Democratic leaders in Maryland say that racially tinged attacks against Lt. Gov. Michael S. Steele in his bid for the U.S. Senate are fair because he is a conservative Republican.
Such attacks against the first black man to win a statewide election in Maryland include pelting him with Oreo cookies during a campaign appearance, calling him an "Uncle Tom" and depicting him as a black-faced minstrel on a liberal Web log.
Operatives for the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee (DSCC) also obtained a copy of his credit report -- the only Republican candidate so targeted.
But black Democrats say there is nothing wrong with "pointing out the obvious."
"There is a difference between pointing out the obvious and calling someone names," said a campaign spokesman for Kweisi Mfume, a Democratic candidate for U.S. Senate and former president of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People.
State Sen. Lisa A. Gladden, a black Baltimore Democrat, said she does not expect her party to pull any punches, including racial jabs at Mr. Steele, in the race to replace retiring Democratic U.S. Sen. Paul S. Sarbanes.
"Party trumps race, especially on the national level," she said. "If you are bold enough to run, you have to take whatever the voters are going to give you. It's democracy, perhaps at its worse, but it is democracy."
Delegate Salima Siler Marriott, a black Baltimore Democrat, said Mr. Steele invites comparisons to a slave who loves his cruel master or a cookie that is black on the outside and white inside because his conservative political philosophy is, in her view, anti-black.
"Because he is a conservative, he is different than most public blacks, and he is different than most people in our community," she said. "His politics are not in the best interest of the masses of black people."
During the 2002 campaign, Democratic supporters pelted Mr. Steele with Oreo cookies during a gubernatorial debate at Morgan State University in Baltimore.
In 2001, Senate President Thomas V. Mike Miller Jr. called Mr. Steele an "Uncle Tom," when Mr. Steele headed the state Republican Party. Mr. Miller, Prince George's County Democrat, later apologized for the remark.
"That's not racial. If they call him the "N' word, that's racial," Mrs. Marriott said. "Just because he's black, everything bad you say about him isn't racial."
This week, the News Blog -- a liberal Web log run by Steve Gilliard, a black New Yorker -- removed a doctored photo of Mr. Steele that depicted him as a black-faced minstrel.
However, the blog has kept its headline "Simple Sambo wants to move to the big house." A caption beneath a photo of the lieutenant governor reads: "I's Simple Sambo and I's running for the Big House."

http://allalias.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=43891&st=0&p=1526709&#entry1526709

as far as the lefts racist attacks on Comdi, Justice Thomas, and other black conservatives

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1282295/posts

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qa3827/is_200412/ai_n9472832

jimnyc
05-09-2008, 11:06 AM
the fact remains that a majority of my party's congressional delegation voted against the war. I will never vote for a democrat who voted FOR the war unless that democrat publicly repents for that vote. That stance is VERY steady and reflects the views of the vast majority of democrats in America.

Still doesn't change the fact that the "face" of the Dems, the party leaders, who stood their ground and voted to authorize the war - only to do an about face come election time.

Bayh, Biden, Cleland, Clinton, Daschle, Dodd, Edwards, Feinstein, Kerry, Lieberman, Reid, Rockefeller, Schumer...

red states rule
05-09-2008, 11:07 AM
Still doesn't change the fact that the "face" of the Dems, the party leaders, who stood their ground and voted to authorize the war - only to do an about face come election time.

Bayh, Biden, Cleland, Clinton, Daschle, Dodd, Edwards, Feinstein, Kerry, Lieberman, Reid, Rockefeller, Schumer...

Which "face" Jim? Dems wear so many different ones it is hard to keep track of them

retiredman
05-09-2008, 11:08 AM

and it does not change the fact that I, as a democrat, disagreed with their vote and a majority of democrats nationally share my position on it.

red states rule
05-09-2008, 11:27 AM
The Dem party reminds me of this story. Dems say alot, they make alot of promises, they bellow how they will change things; however.......

A Woman Married Three Times

A woman married three times walked into a bridal shop one day and told the sales clerk that she was looking for a wedding gown for her fourth wedding."

Of course, madam," replied the sales clerk, "exactly what type and color dress are you looking for?"

The bride to be said: "A long frilly white dress with a veil."

The sales clerk hesitated a bit, then said, "Please don't take this the wrong way, but gowns of that nature are considered more appropriate for brides who are being married the first time - for those who are a bit more innocent, if you know what I mean? Perhaps ivory or sky blue would be nice?"

"Well," replied the customer, a little peeved at the clerk's directness, "I can assure you that a white gown would be quite appropriate. Believe it or not, despite all my marriages, I remain as innocent as a first-time bride. You see, my first husband was so excited about our wedding, he died as we were checking into our hotel. My second husband and I got into such a terrible fight in the limo on our way to our honeymoon that we had that wedding annulled immediately and never spoke to each other again."

"What about your third husband?" asked the sales clerk.

"That one was a Democrat," said the woman, "and every night for four years, he just sat on the edge of the bed and told me how good it was going to be, but nothing ever happened."

http://thoughtscatcher.blogspot.com/2008/03/woman-married-three-times.html

glockmail
05-09-2008, 12:58 PM

Crone is the most powerful stage, of course.:coffee:

glockmail
05-09-2008, 01:04 PM
I put a proper Crone up yesterday, but got a certain amount of resistance from the men, for some reason..........

http://www.catchride.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/yuck.gif http://www.catchride.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/yuck.gif http://www.catchride.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/yuck.gif
I get the same reaction when I put this up. I don't know why though. :confused:

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z256/glockmail/LOki.jpg

red states rule
05-09-2008, 01:05 PM
I get the same reaction when I put this up. I don't know why though. :confused:

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z256/glockmail/LOki.jpg

MFM booking another trip with Priceline.com :laugh2:

glockmail
05-09-2008, 01:08 PM
the democratic party platform has remained fairly consistent, as has the republican party's platform. All politicians of both parties participate in compromise in order to get legislation passed. Doing so does not mean that anyone abandons principles or - as RSR suggests - does not have principles to begin with. THAT is my position. To suggest that democrats who support their party's nomination process and the eventual nominee from that process somehow are therefore devoid of "principles" is a stupid schoolyard insult without substance. I dunno..... When I read the Democrat platform priciples it doesn't sound too bad mostly. But then they propose actual bills and they are shit.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/j1n7xgD1Keg&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/j1n7xgD1Keg&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Classact
05-09-2008, 01:16 PM
Let me get this strait, Obama gets 91% from the Black vote. He wants to stay in Iraq for a couple more years. Hillary says, hell no I'll be out of Iraq before the exhaust fumes are out of the air...

Yesterday the Congressional Black Caucus said not one more penny for this war... Nancy Pelosi is having a stress attack trying to figure out how in the hell she is going to get the war spending bill passed next week.

Which black politician is wrong, Obama or each and every single elected black congressperson?

mundame
05-09-2008, 01:19 PM
MFM booking another trip with Priceline.com :laugh2:

I sure hope he books two seats.

Why is it that this is the kind of guy they seat me beside in airplanes??

red states rule
05-09-2008, 01:21 PM
I sure hope he books two seats.

Why is it that this is the kind of guy they seat me beside in airplanes??

If he is seated next to you, I hope you like the smell of Scotch :laugh2:

glockmail
05-09-2008, 01:28 PM
If he is seated next to you, I hope you like the smell of Scotch :laugh2: Not just any old rot gut, but The Famous Grouse. :laugh2:

red states rule
05-09-2008, 01:29 PM
Not just any old rot gut, but The Famous Grouse. :laugh2:

and the endless talking to the ghosts from his past :laugh2:

glockmail
05-09-2008, 01:42 PM
and the endless talking to the ghosts from his past :laugh2:
Are you referring to the one at his back door?

red states rule
05-09-2008, 01:43 PM
Are you referring to the one at his back door?

Back door, front door, patio

mundame
05-09-2008, 02:48 PM
Coincidence ---------- Crones in the news. This is leading on CNN right how 5/9:

Anti-war group Code Pink asks 'witches, crones and sirens' to cast spells on Marine Recruiting Center in Calif.

http://www.foxnews.com/images/root_images/050908_codepink.jpg

namvet
05-09-2008, 04:21 PM
htgPWI570nI

Gaffer
05-09-2008, 04:29 PM
Coincidence ---------- Crones in the news. This is leading on CNN right how 5/9:

Anti-war group Code Pink asks 'witches, crones and sirens' to cast spells on Marine Recruiting Center in Calif.

http://www.foxnews.com/images/root_images/050908_codepink.jpg

It won't work cause I'm always casting curses on code pink and their compatriots. My curses are just as powerful as all the witches, crones and sirens.

And I didn't know there were any sirens still around. Didn't they become extinct about 3000 years ago?

hjmick
05-09-2008, 07:40 PM
I fear no President. They're all temporary.

retiredman
05-09-2008, 07:43 PM
Not just any old rot gut, but The Famous Grouse. :laugh2:

no airline serves The Famous Grouse. I resign myself to going without while travelling.
C'est la vie.

red states rule
05-10-2008, 07:46 AM
After post # 81, looks like BP has left the thread in shame

glockmail
05-11-2008, 06:58 PM
After post # 81, looks like BP has left the thread in shame
Not the first time either.:laugh2:

REDWHITEBLUE2
05-11-2008, 10:01 PM
If he is seated next to you, I hope you like the smell of Scotch :laugh2:Scotch??? Sure that ain't shit ?? we know he's full of it :laugh2:

red states rule
05-12-2008, 05:21 AM
Not the first time either.:laugh2:

and it will not be the last

MFM has also "redeployed" from many threads :laugh2: