PDA

View Full Version : Obama Offers Proof He Is No Elitist

red states rule
05-08-2008, 10:17 AM
Somehow I missed this lame excuse when Barry tried to convince folks he is not a liberal elitist

What did he offer as as proof

He had to scrape ice off his car in the morning. Oh the horrors!!!!

Obama: I'm no elitist
Posted: 03:00 PM ET

WASHINGTON, Pennsylvania (CNN) – Barack Obama said Tuesday he was "amused" by accusations he is an "elitist" in the wake of the 'bitter-gate' controversy.

"It is true I am amused about this notion of elitist," Obama said, citing the fact that he was raised by a single mother, lived off food stamps, earned scholarships, and had to finance his own law school education.

"[Michelle and I] lived for the first 13 years of marriage up until three years ago, in a three bedroom condo without a garage," the White House hopeful said. "So if you live in Chicago, that means you are scraping ice every morning."

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/04/15/obama-im-no-elitist/

Trigg
05-08-2008, 11:57 AM
Somehow I missed this lame excuse when Barry tried to convince folks he is not a liberal elitist

What did he offer as as proof

He had to scrape ice off his car in the morning. Oh the horrors!!!!

Obama: I'm no elitist
Posted: 03:00 PM ET

WASHINGTON, Pennsylvania (CNN) – Barack Obama said Tuesday he was "amused" by accusations he is an "elitist" in the wake of the 'bitter-gate' controversy.

"It is true I am amused about this notion of elitist," Obama said, citing the fact that he was raised by a single mother, lived off food stamps, earned scholarships, and had to finance his own law school education.

"[Michelle and I] lived for the first 13 years of marriage up until three years ago, in a three bedroom condo without a garage," the White House hopeful said. "So if you live in Chicago, that means you are scraping ice every morning."

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/04/15/obama-im-no-elitist/

Well considering he is talking Chicago, a 3 bedroom condo would cost between 300,000-500,000. It's not like they were living in Cabrini-Green.

red states rule
05-08-2008, 12:11 PM
Well considering he is talking Chicago, a 3 bedroom condo would cost between 300,000-500,000. It's not like they were living in Cabrini-Green.

He lives in a $1 million plus home, and he can't afford a can of De Icer

Oh the hardships he has had to endure

GW in Ohio
05-08-2008, 12:16 PM
Of course Obama's an elitist.

He's better educated, smarter, better looking, and dresses better than anybody here at Debate Policy.

Don't you want a president who's smarter than you? (I know George Bush made us all feel smugly superior, but do we really want a dumbass in the White House who makes us all feel good by comparison?)

Don't you want a president you can look up to?

Or are you one of those guys who liked Richard Nixon more than Jack Kennedy?

red states rule
05-08-2008, 12:19 PM

He's better educated, smarter, better looking, and dresses better than anybody here at Debate Policy.

Don't you want a president who's smarter than you? (I know George Bush made us all feel smugly superior, but do we really want a dumbass in the White House who makes us all feel good by comparison?)

Being a liberal snob is the reason he will lose in November. Barry is totally ignorant on economics, foreign policy, and human relation skills

Barry is more like Peanut Carter then Nixon or Kennedy

Prew Bush is right - we are the greatest nation on Earth. A fact that Amercia hating libs like Obama's buddies can't stand

Trigg
05-08-2008, 12:20 PM
[QUOTE=GW in Ohio;241452]Of course Obama's an elitist.

Speak for yourself

How do we know he's smarter than us, anyone seen his grades? Kerry was always saying Bush's grades in college were awful and we found out later that his grades were just as bad.

Yes we do, we also want one who has taken a stand on issues instead of just voting "present".

I don't have an oppinion here, other than to say that historians have written that Kennedy really didn't do much during his short presidency.

theHawk
05-08-2008, 12:24 PM

The problem with your assertion is he is not smarter than anyone else, he just thinks he is.

There are more things to "look up to" a President than how he dresses, how he speaks, or how educated he is. What does he stand for? What are his beliefs?

I guess folks like yourself are more concerned with image than substance. You could care less if he carrys out his unconstitutional health care agenda, or shreds the constitution with his ban on all semi-automatic weapons. As long as he sounds smart its all good.

red states rule
05-08-2008, 12:26 PM
The problem with your assertion is he is not smarter than anyone else, he just thinks he is.

There are more things to "look up to" a President than how he dresses, how he speaks, or how educated he is. What does he stand for? What are his beliefs?

I guess folks like yourself are more concerned with image than substance. You could care less if he carrys out his unconstitutional health care agenda, or shreds the constitution with his ban on all semi-automatic weapons. As long as he sounds smart its all good.

and do not forget how he wants to tax you until your eyeballs pop out, surrender and appeasment to terrorists, increase taxes and regualtion on business, and how we will appoint liberal Judges who will create law from the bench

05-08-2008, 12:42 PM

other than the dresses better i think you are completely wrong. Unfortunately not all of us can afford good clothes.

05-08-2008, 12:45 PM
How do we know he's smarter than us, anyone seen his grades? Kerry was always saying Bush's grades in college were awful and we found out later that his grades were just as bad.

Actually, Kerry's were worse than President Bush's. That's one of the reasons i thought people trying to garner votes for Kerry by claiming Bush is stupid were so ridiculous.

Besides, you dont look up to people just because they act better than you. You look up to them for character reasons.

red states rule
05-09-2008, 05:56 AM
Over at DNCTV, they are doing their best to help Barry get over his liberal elitism

If you can call this their best

Williams Tosses Softballs to Obama, Empathizes Over Elitist Image
By Brent Baker | May 8, 2008 - 20:28 ET

Brian Williams, who slobbered over Barack Obama in their last interview in early January, did so again in a Thursday session conducted at Washington, DC's Newseum and excerpted on the NBC Nightly News. Back on January 7, Williams handed Obama a Newsweek with “Inside Obama's Dream Machine” as the cover story and wondered: “How does this feel, of all the honors that have come your way, all the publicity? Who does it make you think of? Is there, is there a loved one?” On Thursday, Williams didn't pose a single challenging question nor mention Jeremiah Wright in any of the ten questions aired, but pulled the same magazine stunt, this time holding up the new Time with a smiling Obama on the cover by the words, “And the Winner* Is...” Williams fondly recalled:

Last time we were together, I handed you a copy of Newsweek, it was the first time you'd held it in your hands with you on the cover. Have you yet held this in your hands?

Obama said he had not, prompting Williams to remind him: “Last time you looked at it and you thought instantly of your mom.” Obama effused: “She'd like that picture. She always encouraged me to smile more.” Proceeding to cue up Obama for a long recitation on how he's not an elitist, Williams empathized: “You end up with people talking about your bowling score, gutter balls, wearing a tie, wearing a tie with farmers. And how have you dealt with that? Is there an operating theory that guides your life these days?”

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/brent-baker/2008/05/08/williams-tosses-softballs-obama-empathizes-over-elitist-image

Hagbard Celine
05-09-2008, 09:21 AM
I sure hope he's an elitist. I don't want another guy who'd be great to have a beer with at the family barbecue. I want a guy who's better than me in every way. Smarter, more educated, wealthier--all of the above. This country can't take another four years of "Dubya" politics. We're talking about the top seat of power in the world--not a UPS delivery job.
Jon Stewart has said it best: To paraphrase-"These guys are interviewing for a position where if you do a good job, they carve your face into the side of a mountain." If all the candidates aren't charter members of the "elite" of our country then they shouldn't be running.

mundame
05-09-2008, 09:46 AM
I sure hope he's an elitist. I don't want another guy who'd be great to have a beer with at the family barbecue. I want a guy who's better than me in every way. Smarter, more educated, wealthier--all of the above. This country can't take another four years of "Dubya" politics. We're talking about the top seat of power in the world--not a UPS delivery job.
Jon Stewart has said it best: To paraphrase-"These guys are interviewing for a position where if you do a good job, they carve your face into the side of a mountain." If all the candidates aren't charter members of the "elite" of our country then they shouldn't be running.

Well said!! I love it. http://macg.net/emoticons/peace.gif

red states rule
05-09-2008, 11:14 AM
I want a guy who's better than me in every way. .

That fits nearly everyone in America

mundame
05-09-2008, 12:32 PM
That fits nearly everyone in America

R-S-R-arrrrrrrrrr.......................was that nice? http://bestsmileys.com/family/11.gif

http://bestsmileys.com/lol/1.gif

red states rule
05-09-2008, 12:35 PM
R-S-R-arrrrrrrrrr.......................was that nice? http://bestsmileys.com/family/11.gif

http://bestsmileys.com/lol/1.gif

In Hag's case - it fits

I call them as I see them Mundame. I admit I am like Simon Cowell

stephanie
05-09-2008, 12:44 PM

Jon Stewart is an idiot..
I don't need a President who thinks they are better than I am..

mundame
05-09-2008, 12:45 PM
I admit I am like Simon Cowell

Hmmmmmmmmmmm....................

There is a certain resemblance. http://wade.hu/smiley/kategoriak/%E1llatok/animal-smiley-016.gif

red states rule
05-09-2008, 12:46 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmmm....................

There is a certain resemblance. http://wade.hu/smiley/kategoriak/%E1llatok/animal-smiley-016.gif

I take that as a compliment

Hagbard Celine
05-14-2008, 09:44 AM
Jon Stewart is an idiot..
I don't need a President who thinks they are better than I am..

Neither do I. I want one who knows he is. We don't need another Gomer Pyle. Nor do we need our candidates to play to the lowest common denominator by requiring them to pretend as if they're "salt of the Earth."

Abbey Marie
05-14-2008, 10:16 AM

There are several people on DP with law degrees. Exactly how is Obama better educated than them? Because he got into an ivy league school, most likely under affirmative action?

hjmick
05-14-2008, 10:28 AM

His clothing, intelligence, and looks do not define his elitism. I wear Tommy Bahama, but I am not an elitist. His attitude, the way he carries himself, his subtle arrogance, and, as I perceive it, his seemingly stealth like air of superiority all contribute to his elitism. These attributes apply to Hillary as well. In some respects, McCain shares some of the same traits, he's just better at not making you feel that he knows it. The fact is, all three of the candidates are elitists in one fashion or another, to deny this fact is to ignore the obvious.

Don't you want a president who's smarter than you?

Yes, but I don't want him telling me that he's smarter.

No. I am not some lost orphan, I have a father and a mother to whom I can look. The President is not better than me, or you. He or she is our representative to the world, he or she is flawed, human. No better than me, no better than you. Like star athletes, they need not be put on pedestals and worsipped as heros.

While I was to young to appreciate Nixon, I have done some reading and, with some obvious exceptions, he did have a more successful run in the Oval Office than did Kennedy. In Kennedy's defense, however, he did not serve a full term. Who knows, considering the Bay of Pigs, getting us involved in Vietnam, and bringing the world to the brink of nuclear holocaust, who knows what he may have accomplished.