PDA

View Full Version : Begala: "We can't win with eggheads and African Americans"

red states rule
05-08-2008, 11:32 AM
The war within the Democrat party is getting worse. Now we have Paul Begala showing his contempt for the people voting for Barry, and ignoring Hillary

Clinton surrogate Begala: "We can't win with eggheads and African Americans"
by onanyes
Tue May 06, 2008 at 08:31:18 PM PDT
Source:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/...

Just when I began to savor victory and soften my attitude about HRC and her supporters, we get the old "blacks and liberals" canard from the Clinton camp.

BEGALA: The challenge now for Barack, both the key to the primary and the general election for Barack will now be white, working class voters. At the very, very beginning, of this entire election season, Lou, you and I and a bunch of us all got together in New York and talked about what the election will be about and I said then and I say it again tonight. My advice to Barack Obama is put the jam on the lower shelf where the little folk can reach it. In other words, talk more about those blue collar, economic populist issues that John Edwards first raised and now Hillary Clinton is raising so effectively. If he can do that, he'll hold this wonderful base built but he needs to reach out now to the white working-class voters and means a different message than he generally talks about. He's got to stop with all the arguments for the Volvo drivin', NPR totebag totin' liberals, he needs to talk to middle class working people.

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2008/5/6/232424/1520/18/510510

mundame
05-08-2008, 12:03 PM
Clinton surrogate Begala: "We can't win with eggheads and African Americans"

No, I don't think they can.

I guess they'll strategery a swoop away from the race issue and back to the economy and the war as soon as they get a nominee, namely ol' Barama Obrack. To try to rake the whites in.

Maybe they can, with that idiot John McCain touting all the wars he can pant after.

red states rule
05-08-2008, 12:07 PM
No, I don't think they can.

I guess they'll strategery a swoop away from the race issue and back to the economy and the war as soon as they get a nominee, namely ol' Barama Obrack. To try to rake the whites in.

Maybe they can, with that idiot John McCain touting all the wars he can pant after.

Operation Choas chalks up another win. Now we have Paul taking a cheap shot at Donna, and the fur starts to fly

Damn I love it when Dems tear into each other