PDA

View Full Version : The Five Mistakes Clinton Made

actsnoblemartin
05-08-2008, 12:38 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/20080508/us_time/thefivemistakesclintonmade

For all her talk about "full speed on to the White House," there was an unmistakably elegiac tone to Hillary Clinton's primary-night speech in Indianapolis. And if one needed further confirmation that the undaunted, never-say-die Clintons realize their bid might be at an end, all it took was a look at the wistful faces of the husband and the daughter who stood behind the candidate as she talked of all the people she has met in a journey "that has been a blessing for me."

It was also a journey she had begun with what appeared to be insurmountable advantages, which evaporated one by one as the campaign dragged on far longer than anyone could have anticipated. She made at least five big mistakes, each of which compounded the others:

PostmodernProphet
05-08-2008, 03:34 PM
I haven't read the link yet, but does it start with "Married Bill"?......

Hagbard Celine
05-08-2008, 03:38 PM

Yeah. Marrying Bill Clinton was a huge mistake. All it got her was the Arkansas governor's mansion, an eight-year stint in the White House, a New York US Senate seat and the most successful female-run presidential bid in history. What a huge mistake! :lol:

mundame
05-08-2008, 03:44 PM

I didn't think much of the "five mistakes." I think Hillary ran a good campaign, and I particularly like her refusal to give up. After all, people counted McCain completely out last summer.

Everybody who wanted Hillary out "for the good of the party" were just Obama supporters. You don't win anything by giving up to your opponent.

I think it was (if was is the word) a time when everyone is so fed up the Dems are looking for wild change, like when they nominated a peacenik in George McGovern, or a peanut farmer. We're in that kind of time ---- total disgust with the status quo, the establishment.

And Hillary was establishment, so the Dems wanted a fresh, new face to fall in love with.

That does not mean the rest of the country is sure to fall in love with Obama too, however. Though who knows? The polls show McCain even now, but if the Dems start attacking the war instead of each other, that could change as people recall what they hate most --------- Bush's endless, losing war that McCain wants to continue.

Now THAT could be a truly big mistake by McCain.