PDA

View Full Version : Superdelegates Ignore The Voters

red states rule
05-09-2008, 05:21 AM
Showing the party hacks do not give a damn what their voters decide, SD's in states Hillary won are not endorsing her

Superdelegates hold back
By Christina Bellantoni

Several superdelegates from Indiana, Pennsylvania and Ohio are bucking the will of the people by withholding endorsements from Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, staying silent even though she overwhelmingly won their districts.

The silence from dozens of superdelegates who have good reason to back Mrs. Clinton amplifies the near impossibility of her winning the Democratic presidential nod.

The schedules of Mrs. Clinton and her rival Sen. Barack Obama revealed their priorities: She campaigned in three states while he spent yesterday wooing superdelegates among Democratic lawmakers on Capitol Hill.

for the complete article

http://www.washingtontimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080509/NATION/915390219/1001

mundame
05-09-2008, 08:08 AM
staying silent....
The silence from dozens of superdelegates

Actually, I'm happy with silence.

It's them cheering for Obama that would depress me.

While they are silent they are waiting and seeing.

glockmail
05-09-2008, 08:39 AM
Showing the party hacks do not give a damn what their voters decide, SD's in states Hillary won are not endorsing her...

These are the ultimate in spineless politicians. All they want to do is endorse the person who wins so they can hopefully get some hand out in the future. Its a game that most of them play, but these are some of the worst examples.

Monkeybone
05-09-2008, 08:45 AM
this is why i see delegates as stupid. they should only be used when there is a tie. we are in the time where we really don't need delegates anymore. jimmeny cricket.

red states rule
05-09-2008, 11:09 AM
The system is so screwed up because the party leaders do not have faith in their voters to pick the correct candidate

Why Dems are putting up with this is beyond me. The party hacks in the party are playing them for fools

Classact
05-09-2008, 01:09 PM
The system is so screwed up because the party leaders do not have faith in their voters to pick the correct candidate

Why Dems are putting up with this is beyond me. The party hacks in the party are playing them for foolsCan you imagine the pucker factor of political super delegates if someone would pop a cap on Obama? We are talking career ending decisions here, guess Bill and Hill would reach out and touch some of them?

Having political super delegates is the absolutely stupidest idea I've ever heard of. If you have to have super delegates then require them to be out of politics for at least a decade or 80 years old which ever comes first.

red states rule
05-09-2008, 01:13 PM
Can you imagine the pucker factor of political super delegates if someone would pop a cap on Obama? We are talking career ending decisions here, guess Bill and Hill would reach out and touch some of them?

Having political super delegates is the absolutely stupidest idea I've ever heard of. If you have to have super delegates then require them to be out of politics for at least a decade or 80 years old which ever comes first.

A stupid idea from stupid arrogant liberals. Are you really surprised that the Dem selection process has become a total cluster fuck?

mundame
05-09-2008, 01:14 PM
Can you imagine the pucker factor of political super delegates if someone would pop a cap on Obama? We are talking career ending decisions here, guess Bill and Hill would reach out and touch some of them?

What does "pop a cap" mean?

Having political super delegates is the absolutely stupidest idea I've ever heard of.

Why? When they DIDN'T have superdelegates, the elected convention attenders went crazy and picked McGovern, who lost 49 states. I'd say that's the stupidest idea I'VE heard ---------------- letting non-professional politicians pick some loser every time so the Dems never have a chance of getting in.

red states rule
05-09-2008, 01:17 PM

Why? When they DIDN'T have superdelegates, the elected convention attenders went crazy and picked McGovern, who lost 49 states. I'd say that's the stupidest idea I'VE heard ---------------- letting non-professional politicians pick some loser every time so the Dems never have a chance of getting in.

So you agree the Dem voters are to stupid to choose who they want, so the party hacks are the only ones smart enough to pick the right person?

mundame
05-09-2008, 01:21 PM
So you agree the Dem voters are to stupid to choose who they want, so the party hacks are the only ones smart enough to pick the right person?

Ummmmmm.......................... ah.......................................

Yes? http://bestsmileys.com/nono/9.gif

red states rule
05-09-2008, 01:23 PM
Ummmmmm.......................... ah.......................................

Yes? http://bestsmileys.com/nono/9.gif

Libs never cease to amaze me. Only the government and Democrats can make the correct choices for people

Only the morally and intellectually superior liberals know what is best for everyone else

Classact
05-09-2008, 01:23 PM

Why? When they DIDN'T have superdelegates, the elected convention attenders went crazy and picked McGovern, who lost 49 states. I'd say that's the stupidest idea I'VE heard ---------------- letting non-professional politicians pick some loser every time so the Dems never have a chance of getting in.That means getting hit by lightning and dieing.

With the SD's it seems they are doing the same

mundame
05-09-2008, 01:30 PM
That means getting hit by lightning and dieing.

Okay, thanx.

http://bestsmileys.com/storms/7.gif
http://macg.net/emoticons/rolleyes11.gif

glockmail
05-09-2008, 01:30 PM
this is why i see delegates as stupid. they should only be used when there is a tie. we are in the time where we really don't need delegates anymore. jimmeny cricket. Just make sure there's an odd number of delegates, and one candidate has to get over 50%, then there can't be a tie.

red states rule
05-09-2008, 01:32 PM
Just make sure there's an odd number of delegates, and one candidate has to get over 50%, then there can't be a tie.

From what I have seen, all the Dem delegates are odd

manu1959
05-09-2008, 01:38 PM
as was said in another thread....

the vast majority of americans are too stupid to plan for their retirement, so the govt. needs to help them......

the vast majority of americans are too stupid to figure out how expensive a house they can afford, so the govt. needs to help them......

the vast majority of americans are too stupid to figure who to vote for, so the govt. needs to help them......

the vast majority of americans are too stupid to own a gun, so the govt. needs to help them......

the vast majority of americans are too stupid to control their sexual urges, so the govt. needs to help them......

the vast majority of americans are too stupid to realize religion is a scam, so the govt. needs to help them......

the vast majority of americans are too stupid to realize radical muslims can be our friends if we just talk with them, so the govt. needs to help them......

the vast majority of americans are too stupid to realize imigration felons / tax evaders are not criminals, so the govt. needs to help them......
anyone see a trend here

red states rule
05-09-2008, 01:42 PM
But when their liberalism fails, libs do not take the blame. They whine how not enough funding was provided, or not enough time has been given for their programs to work, or the people are to stupid to understand the complexity of the issues

red states rule
05-11-2008, 07:31 AM
From the libral David Border and the Washington Compost

He is worried the SD's are taking to much time to make their decision

The Price of Delay

By David S. Broder
Sunday, May 11, 2008; Page B07

snip

The question is: What is the cost at this point of delaying Obama's triumph?

The answer you hear from Obama's headquarters is that the time lag from May 6 to June 3, the last day of voting, is not much of a problem, so long as Clinton does not use it mainly to point out his weaknesses. His aides don't want four more weeks of claims from the Clinton camp about gaps in his health plan or his vulnerability with Catholics, women and blue-collar white men.

The lateness of the convention -- not until the final week of August -- leaves enough time to heal the intraparty wounds and plan the general election campaign. Money has been no problem for Obama all year, and when his already impressive organization is bolstered by recruits from the Clinton side, it will look at least as formidable as McCain's.

That said, there is still a price to be paid for letting the nomination campaign drag on.

At the most personal level, it denies Obama the rest he badly needs. His friends talk with real concern about the fatigue he constantly feels and often shows. But as long as Clinton is campaigning in states that are potentially competitive in November, Obama cannot fail to show up, lest their voters think he is taking them for granted.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/05/09/AR2008050902042.html

JohnDoe
05-11-2008, 08:34 AM
From the libral David Border and the Washington Compost

He is worried the SD's are taking to much time to make their decision

The Price of Delay

By David S. Broder
Sunday, May 11, 2008; Page B07

snip

The question is: What is the cost at this point of delaying Obama's triumph?

The answer you hear from Obama's headquarters is that the time lag from May 6 to June 3, the last day of voting, is not much of a problem, so long as Clinton does not use it mainly to point out his weaknesses. His aides don't want four more weeks of claims from the Clinton camp about gaps in his health plan or his vulnerability with Catholics, women and blue-collar white men.

The lateness of the convention -- not until the final week of August -- leaves enough time to heal the intraparty wounds and plan the general election campaign. Money has been no problem for Obama all year, and when his already impressive organization is bolstered by recruits from the Clinton side, it will look at least as formidable as McCain's.

That said, there is still a price to be paid for letting the nomination campaign drag on.

At the most personal level, it denies Obama the rest he badly needs. His friends talk with real concern about the fatigue he constantly feels and often shows. But as long as Clinton is campaigning in states that are potentially competitive in November, Obama cannot fail to show up, lest their voters think he is taking them for granted.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/05/09/AR2008050902042.html

She's like the Energizer Bunny, keeps going and going and going...her stamina and tenacity is truely amazing, while the article says Senator Obama is suffering from fatigue and he's over a decade younger than her.... :cool:

jd

red states rule
05-11-2008, 08:36 AM
She's like the Energizer Bunny, keeps going and going and going...her stamina and tenacity is truely amazing, while the article says Senator Obama is suffering from fatigue and he's over a decade younger than her.... :cool:

jd

Her thirst for power is amazing JD. The serial liar continues on, and I love the fact she is keeping the uncivil war in the Dem party going on