PDA

View Full Version : Idaho to receive nuke waste from Kuwait

TheStripey1
05-09-2008, 01:27 PM
Know anyone who lives in Idaho? You might want to let them know this is happening as this waste will not break down for millions of years...

Southwest Idaho company making millions by accepting toxic waste
By Cynthia Sewell, The Idaho Statesman
May 8th 2008 (http://www.hanfordnews.com/news/2008/story/11454.html)

Railcars loaded with 6,700 tons of radioactive waste will roll across the Treasure Valley this week, the cargo destined for a remote site south of Boise on a sagebrush-dotted plateau near the Snake River.

And it won't be the first time.

This scenario has occurred regularly over the past several years. The site Idaho's only public hazardous waste dump has received more than 1 million tons of radioactive materials from the federal government during the past five years.

...snip

The shipment now en route to Idaho is from Kuwait.

In 1991, a fire at the U.S. Army Camp Doha ignited military vehicles and munitions containing depleted uranium used in armor-piercing shells. The shell fragments were removed and disposed in the United States by the U.S. Army in 2005. This incoming shipment contains the remaining 6,700 tons of lightly contaminated soil the fragments were removed from.

...snip

With all the deserts they have over there, why is this stuff being transported here?

glockmail
05-09-2008, 01:51 PM
1. Because its our shit to begin with.
2. Otherwise some rag-head would dig it up and use it for terrorist activity.

TheStripey1
05-09-2008, 01:56 PM
but glock... alla y'all have previously argued it, Depleted Uranium Munitions, is benign... have you forgotten that? or are you, like your presumptive presidential candidate, just having a senior moment?

:dance:

glockmail
05-09-2008, 02:32 PM
but glock... alla y'all have previously argued it, Depleted Uranium Munitions, is benign... have you forgotten that? or are you, like your presumptive presidential candidate, just having a senior moment?

1. Who the fuck is alla?
2. When have I ever claimed that?

Gaffer
05-09-2008, 02:35 PM
stripy you must be think of another board. I don't think we have ever discussed depleted uranium here.

glockmail
05-09-2008, 02:45 PM
..... like your presumptive presidential candidate, just having a senior moment....

I voted for the black guy. He's not that old.
:poke:

TheStripey1
05-09-2008, 04:30 PM
stripy you must be think of another board. I don't think we have ever discussed depleted uranium here.

could be, Gaffey... might be time to fire it up, so to speak, since it, DU, is being deposited on our own soil...

TheStripey1
05-09-2008, 04:33 PM
I voted for the black guy. He's not that old.
:poke:

you did? :eek:
:beer:
:bow2:
:thewave:

good job... unless of course, you did it because rush limpballs asked you to with his project choas......

TheStripey1
05-09-2008, 04:36 PM

nope, gaff... we HAVE discussed it... you do know there is a search function here, right?

Here's one... started not at all surprizingly, by me... (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showpost.php?p=124040&postcount=1)

Gaffer
05-09-2008, 04:44 PM
Interesting article. I didn't know anything about it until you posted it. If it was our mess it's our responsibility to dispose of it. And I wasn't aware there was a dump in Idaho. I thought the only nuke waste dump was Yucca Flats.

I've hear and read that depleted uranium is used in armor piercing rounds because it packs a much more powerful punch. And that the radiation from these rounds is minimal. Though it was suspected to have been the cause of Gulf Syndrome. Haven't heard much more about it so I can't really argue for or against it. But having to clean up the area, including the sand and store it in a nuke disposal area doesn't speak well for it.

TheStripey1
05-09-2008, 05:05 PM
Interesting article. I didn't know anything about it until you posted it. If it was our mess it's our responsibility to dispose of it. And I wasn't aware there was a dump in Idaho. I thought the only nuke waste dump was Yucca Flats.

I've hear and read that depleted uranium is used in armor piercing rounds because it packs a much more powerful punch. And that the radiation from these rounds is minimal. Though it was suspected to have been the cause of Gulf Syndrome. Haven't heard much more about it so I can't really argue for or against it. But having to clean up the area, including the sand and store it in a nuke disposal area doesn't speak well for it.

Yes, it is used for that purpose and no, the effects are not minimal and yes, many have suspected that it is the cause of GWS... and no... Like I said, it's not benign and Idaho is not the only state contaminated with it.

I have extensive sources as this was the topic with which I began my forumphing career 5 years ago because 2 of my online pals died from it. Plus I'm now a member of 3 DU yahoo groups... perhaps you'd like to join one or two and read up...

PM me.

TheStripey1
05-09-2008, 05:07 PM
OBTW... DU is to the vets of Afghanistan, Bosnia and Iraq as Agent Orange is to those of us that served in Viet Nam... a silent killer that disables you years later...

Personally, I hate it... and hope to God that some day it is outlawed...

TheStripey1
05-09-2008, 05:11 PM
1. Who the fuck is alla?

alla y'all means according to my pal, Mr. P, All Of You All... i.e., the plural of y'all...

Mr. P
05-09-2008, 05:25 PM
alla y'all means according to my pal, Mr. P, All Of You All... i.e., the plural of y'all...

:laugh2: yep.

Said1
05-09-2008, 06:54 PM
As far as I know, we don't take ours back - as a rule. As far as I'm concerned, Canada created the 'arms' race between India and Pakistan. Shameful disgrace.

I can almost here the cold call 'hello India, we here you need a nuclear reactor, eh....well today is your lucky day!'

'Hello Pakistan? i don't want to start shit, but we just 'gave' India a nuclear reactor. You might want us to hook you up with one too......no, we don't want the waste back....keep it sell it, same dif' :lame2:

TheStripey1
05-09-2008, 07:11 PM

...snip

I'm not quite sure how I missed this the first time I read it, but miss it I did.

It is for sure our mess and it is for sure our responsibility to clean it up... now... when do you suppose we will start cleaning up the tons and tons and tons of it that we have distributed across Iraq, Afghanistan and Bosnia?

glockmail
05-11-2008, 06:46 PM
you did? :eek:
:beer:
:bow2:
:thewave:

good job... unless of course, you did it because rush limpballs asked you to with his project choas......

Not your half-black bastard Obama. A real black guy: Alan Keyes. :coffee:

glockmail
05-12-2008, 11:51 AM

Looks like ol' Stripedy fucked up twice in the same thread. :lol:

Nukeman
05-12-2008, 12:05 PM

Ummm the thread you pulled up has only 3 post on it and no one said it was benign! My post was the last one and I stand by it...

OBTW... DU is to the vets of Afghanistan, Bosnia and Iraq as Agent Orange is to those of us that served in Viet Nam... a silent killer that disables you years later...
Personally, I hate it... and hope to God that some day it is outlawed... I am curious can you tell me how it is debilitating "years" later if they are not ingesting/inhaling it or being shot with it. Just being around it will not have effects years later. Our bodies and radiation dont work that way...

TheStripey1
05-14-2008, 03:03 PM
As far as I know, we don't take ours back - as a rule. As far as I'm concerned, Canada created the 'arms' race between India and Pakistan. Shameful disgrace.

I can almost here the cold call 'hello India, we here you need a nuclear reactor, eh....well today is your lucky day!'

'Hello Pakistan? i don't want to start shit, but we just 'gave' India a nuclear reactor. You might want us to hook you up with one too......no, we don't want the waste back....keep it sell it, same dif' :lame2:

uhhhhh...

this thread isn't about about reclaiming nuclear waste generated in a nuclear power plant, said1. It's about Depleted Uranium residue contaminating the soil of Kuwait and how it's our responsibility to clean it up.

TheStripey1
05-14-2008, 03:05 PM

well... that's pretty much a wasted vote... he absolutely has no chance whatsoever in doing anything but looking... well... like a loser.

You can sure pick em, glock... you can sure pick em...

TheStripey1
05-14-2008, 03:07 PM
Ummm the thread you pulled up has only 3 post on it and no one said it was benign! My post was the last one and I stand by it...

I am curious can you tell me how it is debilitating "years" later if they are not ingesting/inhaling it or being shot with it. Just being around it will not have effects years later. Our bodies and radiation dont work that way...

Gaffer said it hadn't been discussed... I showed him that it has been... who cares how few posts were posted, as it's a deep subject, one the majority of you haven't a clue about because it isn't discussed by your mentors, rush limballs or sean hannity.

DU...

you breathe it in, you drink water that has been contaminated with it, you eat food that has been cleaned in water contaminated with it, you breathe it in... yes I know I said that twice, as I meant to say it twice.

I have an idea, nukey, why don't you enlist in the military, volunteer for Iraq and then go hang out in one of those palaces they blew up using DU tipped munitions... for multiple tours...

glockmail
05-14-2008, 07:17 PM
well... that's pretty much a wasted vote... he absolutely has no chance whatsoever in doing anything but looking... well... like a loser.

You can sure pick em, glock... you can sure pick em... I just think you're sore for cuming in your pants like you did over the prospect that I voted for your boy Obama. (post 8)

Since McCain had it wrapped up in NC, my vote for him would have been wasted. By voting for the most conservative candidate I registered a protest vote. If enough people did that it would send a strong signal for McCain to steer Right.

Also, voting for some one who lost doesn't make you a loser, just like voting for the winner doesn't make you a winner. That attitude only makes you a follower. :coffee:

Psychoblues
06-02-2008, 09:12 PM
Idaho is a great place for the storage of nuclear waste. The last time I was there all I saw were Nazi's, neo Nazi's and Nazi wannabees. If the true Americans in Idaho would show up and state their case, however, I am prone to change my position.

glockmail
06-03-2008, 07:28 AM
It must have been the drugs that you were on that day.:coffee: