PDA

View Full Version : Obama Accuses McCain of 'Losing His Bearings'

Pale Rider
05-09-2008, 02:07 PM
Obama Accuses McCain of 'Losing His Bearings'

By LIBBY QUAID
Associated Press
May 9, 2008

NEW YORK (AP) -- Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama said Thursday that Republican John McCain was ''losing his bearings'' for repeatedly suggesting the Islamic terrorist group Hamas preferred Obama for president.

That brought an angry response from McCain's campaign, which accused Obama of trying to make an issue of McCain's age.

Age is a touchy subject for McCain, who turns 72 in August and would be the oldest person to be sworn in as president if elected.

The two senators have focused more intently on one another in recent weeks as Obama has moved closer to becoming the Democratic nominee. Thursday's back and forth between Obama and surrogates for both candidates foreshadowed a likely argument for the fall campaign.

The sparring also comes the same week as Obama's decisive victory in North Carolina's primary, which brought renewed calls for Hillary Rodham Clinton to get out of the race and clear a path for him to claim the Democratic nomination and focus on McCain.

At the root of the dispute is McCain's decision to call attention to a Hamas adviser's apparent affinity for Obama. The adviser, Ahmed Yousef, said in a recent interview: ''We like Obama and hope that he will win the election.''

McCain used those comments in a fundraising appeal and has cited them in interviews.

Asked about the matter Wednesday during a taping of ''The Daily Show with Jon Stewart,'' McCain said: ''It's indicative of how some of our enemies view America. And I guarantee you, they're not going to endorse me.''

Article continues here... (http://www.gopusa.com/news/2008/may/0509_obama_mccain.shtml)

bullypulpit
05-09-2008, 08:11 PM
SO what's yer point? When Grampy McCain confused, deliberately or not, Sunnis and Shi'ites, Brit Hume defended McCain by saying he had a "senior moment"...A very pointed comment on Grampy's age. But that was OK.

And then there was that really creepy moment when Joe Lieberman stated that he'd checked McCain's bearings, especially what with you being a raging homophobe and all, I'd have thought that would have sent you into a screaming fit.

Psychoblues
05-09-2008, 09:16 PM
McCain has lost much more than his "bearings". He lost you, pale rider, long ago. Should I quote you or are you just looking for a fist fight? In the interest of civility I suggest that the Brit Hume of FoxNews was accurate. The "senoir moment" is not a final answer to the problems of the Senator.

John McCain is still a Hero to me.

Pale Rider
05-10-2008, 01:27 AM
SO what's yer point? When Grampy McCain confused, deliberately or not, Sunnis and Shi'ites, Brit Hume defended McCain by saying he had a "senior moment"...A very pointed comment on Grampy's age. But that was OK.

And then there was that really creepy moment when Joe Lieberman stated that he'd checked McCain's bearings, especially what with you being a raging homophobe and all, I'd have thought that would have sent you into a screaming fit.
So you still have no idea what a homophobe is aye bull? Do you know what a homo is bull? Do you know what a phobia is bull? Did anyone here ever express FEAR of a homo bull? Don't bother giving me some horse shit answer. I know they haven't. Try and get that through that thick skull of yours, because simply throwing that out as a liberal attack buzz word lost it's effectiveness long ago here from gas bags like you.

And whether mccain has senior moments or not, you could never have compared to the man on his worst day.

McCain has lost much more than his "bearings". He lost you, pale rider, long ago. Should I quote you or are you just looking for a fist fight? In the interest of civility I suggest that the Brit Hume of FoxNews was accurate. The "senoir moment" is not a final answer to the problems of the Senator.

John McCain is still a Hero to me.
I'm far from sticking up for mccain. What is more to the point is hussein's elitism, and quickness to insult. He's a filthy, racist nigger with a latent streak of sarcasm that as time goes by, we'll hear more and more of. Because if he thinks this election game has been tough up to now, he's going to have a very rude awakening when he gets into a one on one battle.

As far as a fist fight goes, I made no mention of one, you did. Just say when. I got no problem with beating the shit out of you.

bullypulpit
05-10-2008, 03:58 AM
So you still have no idea what a homophobe is aye bull? Do you know what a homo is bull? Do you know what a phobia is bull? Did anyone here ever express FEAR of a homo bull? Don't bother giving me some horse shit answer. I know they haven't. Try and get that through that thick skull of yours, because simply throwing that out as a liberal attack buzz word lost it's effectiveness long ago here from gas bags like you.

And whether mccain has senior moments or not, you could never have compared to the man on his worst day.

I'm far from sticking up for mccain. What is more to the point is hussein's elitism, and quickness to insult. He's a filthy, racist nigger with a latent streak of sarcasm that as time goes by, we'll hear more and more of. Because if he thinks this election game has been tough up to now, he's going to have a very rude awakening when he gets into a one on one battle.

As far as a fist fight goes, I made no mention of one, you did. Just say when. I got no problem with beating the shit out of you.

We could hijack the thread with a whole 'nother descent into homophobia and its roots, but there are other vnues for that particular discussion.

I never tried to compare myself to McCain. I doubt I could have spent 5 years at the Hanoi Hilton without losing my marbles. But that's not the point. The point is that John McCain is no independent minded maverick. He's joined at the hip with Chimpy McPresident and seemingly intent on carrying the failed policies of the Bush administration forward into his own administration should he be elected POTUS. America can't survive another four years of Bush administration policies.

He's a filthy, racist nigger...

Who's the racist now...? I always knew you had it in you.

While you're at it please provide examples of Obama's racist, sarcasm riddled remarks, and please make sure you link to those sources.