PDA

View Full Version : Mass Murder In Burma

NATO AIR
05-09-2008, 09:55 PM
I find it incredible that no one of consequence in the world seems to give a damn about this!

These people are being killed in the eye of the international media and no one dares to speak the obvious truth; that the military junta is deliberately condemning hundreds of thousands of its own citizens to die of pestilence and famine over the next few weeks.

Bush sounds positively impotent. Nothing from McCain or Obama, nothing from the Brits, the Japanese, the Indians, the Aussies. Nada.

I mean damn, I knew Iraq has changed things for the negative at least for the next 5-10 years, but has our stock dropped that bad in the world that two-bit dictators can throw up a big F-U to the int'l community, kill nearly a million people in a few weeks/months and get away with it with nary even a feeble protest?

You've got 2 aircraft carrier groups in the Indian Ocean, B-2's in Guam, a Marine amphib force on standby near Thailand... countless Indian, Aussie and Japanese assets in theater as well. Tell the Chinese to enact a coup d'teat now or we're landing Marines to deliver aid and turn it over to the Thais & Indians to take over in a few weeks. Hell, let the Chinese invade!

The Burmese (like the North Koreans) would be far better off under Chinese
rule than that of the junta.

Gaffer
05-09-2008, 10:25 PM
If the un was worth anything they would have already launched a military action and rescue effort. I wonder what the junta has to hide.

Psychoblues
05-09-2008, 10:45 PM
More imortantly and nationally expediant what does gwb have to hide?

If the un was worth anything they would have already launched a military action and rescue effort. I wonder what the junta has to hide.

Like the American republicans, he is weak. That is a national secret best hidden.

NATO AIR
05-09-2008, 11:05 PM

a couple nuclear reactors? who knows?

i wonder when and what will push China over the edge with either n. korea or burma. both are festering sores on their borders.

Psychoblues
05-09-2008, 11:29 PM
North Korea is not within a thousand miles of Burma, Nato. China doesn't give a tinkers damn about either of them. Keep it real.

Missileman
05-09-2008, 11:33 PM
The moment the Burmese government started interfering with relief efforts, the US should have given them an ultimatum: Stop dicking with the aid or we will start dropping cases of weapons and ammo within your borders.

Psychoblues
05-09-2008, 11:42 PM
You must have taken the Dale Carnegie course!!!!!!!!!

The moment the Burmese government started interfering with relief efforts, the US should have given them an ultimatum: Stop dicking with the aid or we will start dropping cases of weapons and ammo within your borders.

"How To Win Friends And Influence people"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Missileman
05-09-2008, 11:46 PM
You must have taken the Dale Carnegie course!!!!!!!!!

"How To Win Friends And Influence people"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They're not friends and never will be. What they fear most is losing control. It's a threat that would get their attention immediately.

Psychoblues
05-10-2008, 12:12 AM
2006 made them shit their pants.

They're not friends and never will be. What they fear most is losing control. It's a threat that would get their attention immediately.

We'll see how 2008 works out.

Gaffer
05-10-2008, 07:52 AM
a couple nuclear reactors? who knows?

i wonder when and what will push China over the edge with either n. korea or burma. both are festering sores on their borders.

It would have to be something that threatens them economically or militarily as human rights means nothing to the chinese.

gabosaurus
05-10-2008, 12:51 PM
The Burmese military regime is far more cruel and abuses human rights on a far greater scale than Saddam ever did. Starvation is epidemic and citizens are tortured and killed for little or no reason.

Trouble is, there are no evil Muslims in Burma, the country has no cartoonish leader who insulted Bush's daddy and Burma has no material goods or political significance.

Thus, we will never care about them enough to intervene.

Maybe someone can leak that Osama is hiding in Burma with enriched nuclear materials.

Gaffer
05-10-2008, 07:48 PM
The Burmese military regime is far more cruel and abuses human rights on a far greater scale than Saddam ever did. Starvation is epidemic and citizens are tortured and killed for little or no reason.

Trouble is, there are no evil Muslims in Burma, the country has no cartoonish leader who insulted Bush's daddy and Burma has no material goods or political significance.

Thus, we will never care about them enough to intervene.

Maybe someone can leak that Osama is hiding in Burma with enriched nuclear materials.

Your right. And to top it off they are no threat to this country. So there's no justification for going in there. Libs say that all the time. So we will just let em die.