PDA

View Full Version : General Fired!

TheStripey1
03-01-2007, 03:44 PM
GREAT NEWS!!!

CNN
Army fires commander of Walter Reed hospital (http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/03/01/walter.reed/)

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The top general at Walter Reed Army Medical Center was fired Thursday, the military announced, following revelations of poor conditions in the building where troops who were wounded in Afghanistan and Iraq are treated.

Maj. Gen. George Weightman's firing was the first major military staff change after reports surfaced last month about substandard conditions in a building that is part of the facility.

Army Secretary Francis Harvey, who removed Weightman from his post according to an Army statement, had blamed a failure of leadership for the conditions, which were first reported by The Washington Post.

According to the Army statement, "Maj. Gen. Weightman was informed this morning that the senior Army leadership had lost trust and confidence in the commander's leadership abilities to address needed solutions for soldier-outpatient care at Walter Reed Army Medical Center."

...snip

Now I hope he gets demoted and sent to Iraq... or Afghanistan...

5stringJeff
03-01-2007, 03:51 PM
GREAT NEWS!!!

If he's incompetent enough to get relieved by the Secretary of the Army, why should he be sent into theater to screw things up there, too?

BTW, I agree - it's good that the SecArmy had enough sack to sack this general.

darin
03-01-2007, 03:52 PM

That doesn't even make sense. lol!

03-01-2007, 03:53 PM

Sure it does.

Stripes wants incompetant generals in the field:)

TheStripey1
03-01-2007, 04:28 PM
If he's incompetent enough to get relieved by the Secretary of the Army, why should he be sent into theater to screw things up there, too?

laffs... that's a good point... I wouldn't put him in charge of anything... except maybe cleaning the latrines...

TheStripey1
03-01-2007, 04:28 PM

why?

TheStripey1
03-01-2007, 04:31 PM
Sure it does.

I doubt that the general has been to Iraq... let him see what the troops had to go through before being subjected to the conditions in the facilities he was in charge of...

but... considering how bush rewards those in his administration that screw up, he'll probably get a promotion...

"you're doin a heckofa job, brownie..."

Gadget (fmr Marine)
03-01-2007, 04:39 PM
Pessimistic as ever, huh?

Glad the general got fired, too....and I think they just ought to put him out to pasture.....thanks for your service, now go home.

TheStripey1
03-01-2007, 04:47 PM

Glad the general got fired, too....and I think they just ought to put him out to pasture.....thanks for your service, now go home.

yep... and there sure as hell hasn't been anything to change that pessimism into optimism...

it keeps growing...

he deserves more than the pasture... that's too easy...

glockmail
03-01-2007, 04:49 PM
Sure it does.

Stripey's in the same camp as other liberals- thinks our soldiers are idiots.

TheStripey1
03-01-2007, 04:54 PM
Stripey's in the same camp as other liberals- thinks our soldiers are idiots.

shove it dirtbag... I was in the military... were you?

but no, the soldiers aren't idiots, their commanders are... right up to the CIC...i.e., chimp in chief... :fu:

but what do you expect? the CIC is now listening to Henry Kissinger... and you know what he said about the military don't you?

"Military men are just dumb stupid animals to be used as pawns in foreign policy."
~~ Henry Kissinger

looks like bush took that advice to heart...

03-01-2007, 05:07 PM
I doubt that the general has been to Iraq... let him see what the troops had to go through before being subjected to the conditions in the facilities he was in charge of...

but... considering how bush rewards those in his administration that screw up, he'll probably get a promotion...

"you're doin a heckofa job, brownie..."

Dude, chill. I was joking around. Hence the smiley face.

However, you have things backwards. Democrats are the ones that reward failure.

Sitarro
03-01-2007, 05:19 PM

I'm sure he will have a great new career as a consulting General on CNN or a Presidential candidate for the Dimocrats.

TheStripey1
03-01-2007, 05:24 PM
here's another quote from the above article...

The Post report centered on Building 18. Last week, workers were repairing plumbing, covering holes in ceilings and repainting mold-covered walls in the building.

How long do you think it will take for the mold to come back through those freshly painted walls?

CSM
03-01-2007, 05:29 PM
Was there any former military on this board that did not see that coming??? Once the enlisted get canned and sent elsewhere; the chain of command is about to get spanked ... hard!

I have been to Walter Reed often and, like many others, raised hell about conditions and treatment...to no avail. The problem is it is not just this guy who should be held responsible...his predecessor was an pompous ass too.

Anecdotal but relevant: I knew a soldier there suffereing severe PTSD (he was responsible for bagging and tagging US KIA). The "doctor" told his mother that he would be fine if she took him to Vegas and got him laid!!! Me and the doctor had a heart to heart (after talking to his superiors). Fortunately, the soldier found help elsewhere within the system. Nothing happened to the idiot "doctor", though he should have been flogged (in my opinion).

CSM
03-01-2007, 05:31 PM

How long do you think it will take for the mold to come back through those freshly painted walls?

Depends on what the painted them with. I take it then you are all for increasing the military budget to repair or build new treatment facilities for our military members who need treatment.

Gadget (fmr Marine)
03-01-2007, 05:36 PM
Anecdotal but relevant: I knew a soldier there suffereing severe PTSD (he was responsible for bagging and tagging US KIA). The "doctor" told his mother that he would be fine if she took him to Vegas and got him laid!!! Me and the doctor had a heart to heart (after talking to his superiors). Fortunately, the soldier found help elsewhere within the system. Nothing happened to the idiot "doctor", though he should have been flogged (in my opinion).

I know there are good and bad in every occupation....unfortunately the human experience choses to always make a media event out of the bad ones!

Flogging is too lenient for the ass you point out, in my opinion.

CSM
03-01-2007, 05:43 PM
I know there are good and bad in every occupation....unfortunately the human experience choses to always make a media event out of the bad ones!

Too true!

03-01-2007, 06:34 PM
Was there any former military on this board that did not see that coming??? Once the enlisted get canned and sent elsewhere; the chain of command is about to get spanked ... hard!

I have been to Walter Reed often and, like many others, raised hell about conditions and treatment...to no avail. The problem is it is not just this guy who should be held responsible...his predecessor was an pompous ass too.

Can you give me the name of that doctor. I want to see someone about a headache :laugh2:

Seriously though, that is quite astounding to me. Why has this been ignored so long?

Nienna
03-01-2007, 06:39 PM

Hopefully, they are painting with Killz.

TheStripey1
03-01-2007, 06:55 PM
Dude, chill. I was joking around. Hence the smiley face.

However, you have things backwards. Democrats are the ones that reward failure.

oh... ok... chill pill taken... yum...

bush gave tenet the medal of freedom... tenet told bush the WMD was a slam dunk... is bush a democrat?

TheStripey1
03-01-2007, 06:56 PM
I'm sure he will have a great new career as a consulting General on CNN or a Presidential candidate for the Dimocrats.

More likely, he'll be on Fox Noise Channel...

TheStripey1
03-01-2007, 06:59 PM

I called my reps this morning and said I was in favor of firing whoever was in charge, demoting them a couple of grades and sending them off to Iraq...

How long ago was that, CSM? about both the pompous ass predecessor and the soldier with PTSD?

TheStripey1
03-01-2007, 07:01 PM
Depends on what the painted them with. I take it then you are all for increasing the military budget to repair or build new treatment facilities for our military members who need treatment.

yes... we could end the surge to pay for it...

:tank:

TheStripey1
03-01-2007, 07:03 PM

certainly you don't think that the conditions these men had to suffer through didn't warrant media scrutiny or outrage...

Abbey Marie
03-01-2007, 07:03 PM
John Edwards and Al Gore could probably fit most of the injured in their mansions and still have room left over.

TheStripey1
03-01-2007, 07:04 PM
Seriously though, that is quite astounding to me. Why has this been ignored so long?

no clue... I hope the dems have an investigation about it, though... more heads than the general's should roll...

TheStripey1
03-01-2007, 07:07 PM
Hopefully, they are painting with Killz.

They had to remove the sheet rock from all those moldy houses in Nawlins and start over... at WRAMC they just paint over it... mold eats paint... mildew too...

03-01-2007, 07:08 PM
bush gave tenet the medal of freedom... tenet told bush the WMD was a slam dunk... is bush a democrat?

Well there were Weapons of Mass destruction. What's your point?

You guys gave Jimmy Carter, the worst President in the last half century (arguably ever), the nobel peace prize for brokering a deal which made North Korea a nuclear power. If that isn't rewarding failure, I dont know what is.

Mr. P
03-01-2007, 07:18 PM

Yes, and I understand his predecessor has been appointed for the short term now! I never could understand the thinking in Gov.

glockmail
03-01-2007, 07:28 PM
shove it dirtbag... I was in the military... were you? ...

Interesting way of deflecting the issue.

TheStripey1
03-01-2007, 07:30 PM
Well there were Weapons of Mass destruction. What's your point?

You guys gave Jimmy Carter, the worst President in the last half century (arguably ever), the nobel peace prize for brokering a deal which made North Korea a nuclear power. If that isn't rewarding failure, I dont know what is.

No there wasn't... unless you call those decade old arty rounds.. WMD... you might, I don't...

I'm not a democrat... I'm an unaffilliated independent... I don't like Jimmy "I have no big money ties" Carter either... so you can keep your analogies... they don't work on me...

TheStripey1
03-01-2007, 07:31 PM

what's the matter dirtbag? don't like your nose rubbed in the shit of your posts?

too bad...

glockmail
03-01-2007, 07:39 PM
what's the matter dirtbag? don't like your nose rubbed in the shit of your posts?

too bad...

Best that you stay on the Left Coast, as your kind would not last long here.

trobinett
03-01-2007, 07:56 PM
GREAT NEWS!!!

Well, at the least to a local "private hospital".:poke:

Gunny
03-01-2007, 10:02 PM
no clue... I hope the dems have an investigation about it, though... more heads than the general's should roll...

Why should it be about Dems or Republicans? That's all I keep hearing ... you looking to politicize and point a finger.

You know as well as I do that places like Walter Reed, BAMC, San Diego, Portsmouth are ALL endemic to the bureaucracy.

What will libs OR Republicans do to solve the problem? Same as always .... fire the current military bureaucrat and replace him with a new military bureacrat.

After some raisig of dust, moving of furniture and slapping on of fresh paint, and the problem moves out the limelight, it'll go right back to business as usual.

Gunny
03-01-2007, 10:04 PM
No there wasn't... unless you call those decade old arty rounds.. WMD... you might, I don't...

I'm not a democrat... I'm an unaffilliated independent... I don't like Jimmy "I have no big money ties" Carter either... so you can keep your analogies... they don't work on me...

Yes there were. Saddam not only possessed and produced WMDs, he used them. Doesn't get any simpler than THAT.

Gunny
03-01-2007, 10:16 PM

Where's the deflection?

You called him a "typical liberal" and said he thinks all "soldiers are stupid."

I can't think of a BETTER nor more appropriate response than the fact that he served his time in the military.

Gunny
03-01-2007, 10:17 PM

Are you sure you're an American?

glockmail
03-01-2007, 10:31 PM
Are you sure you're an American? Last time I looked. Why do you ask?

03-01-2007, 10:40 PM

There are plenty of dead kurds who would seriously disagree with your assessment.

Gem
03-01-2007, 10:45 PM
laffs... that's a good point... I wouldn't put him in charge of anything... except maybe cleaning the latrines...

Hold the phone there, Stripey! I don't know about you but I like my bathrooms clean, LOL!

Peace!

Gem
:)

Gem
03-01-2007, 10:49 PM

Remember what happened the last time you Southerners copped that kind of an attitude, Glockmail?
Circa 1860-1865?
We could do it again, you know!

Gem
:finger3:

glockmail
03-02-2007, 06:38 AM
Remember what happened the last time you Southerners copped that kind of an attitude, Glockmail?
Circa 1860-1865?
We could do it again, you know!

Gem
:finger3:

So could we. :laugh2:

03-02-2007, 01:46 PM
Hold the phone there, Stripey! I don't know about you but I like my bathrooms clean, LOL!

Peace!

Gem
:)

That's always a good quality to have:)

Sitarro
03-02-2007, 02:06 PM
More likely, he'll be on Fox Noise Channel...

It's so funny how original you think you are but you're actually nothing but a predictable cliche'. Do you actually think that you can be taken seriously with silly comments like this? Let me guess, the reason your opinions are exactly the same as CNN is because you believe the crap that they shovel down your wide open tiger throat.....you're pathetic.

Why did you feel a need to extend the canines on your tiger, wasn't it badass enough for you? I guess you took my criticism of your "Village People" cowboy tiger seriously. I like this one much better although the canines look awful and the color of the orange has way too much blue in it. Send it to me and I'll fix it for you.

glockmail
03-02-2007, 02:20 PM

Why did you feel a need to extend the canines on your tiger, ......

Good observation! :clap:

Sitarro
03-02-2007, 02:27 PM
So could we. :laugh2:

That is an interesting thought, who would win in a 2007 civil war between the states? The South has NASA and quite a few of the military establishments not to mention a majority of the refining capabilities and the strategic oil reserves. They also have the best food, best climate, best looking women(the ladies on this board, of course, are an exception), best music, and best access to the Atlantic and Gulf of Mexico. :coffee: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

glockmail
03-02-2007, 02:52 PM
That is an interesting thought, who would win in a 2007 civil war between the states? The South has NASA and quite a few of the military establishments not to mention a majority of the refining capabilities and the strategic oil reserves. They also have the best food, best climate, best looking women(the ladies on this board, of course, are an exception), best music, and best access to the Atlantic and Gulf of Mexico. :coffee: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Not to mention the population of The South has been increasing steadily with folks who are just sick and tired of the parts of the US that they moved from. So we have a population that moved here for a political reason, not one that just happened to be born here and doesn't really think about the political situation. Personally I moved from the NE because of high taxes and regulatory practices that stifled my business. I'd rather have my teeth pulled then move back there. I know that a lot of people who would love to make the move but can't because of some other obligation. If a CW2 broke out many of them would adjust priorities and come down, or at the least, be sympathetic to The Cause.

We still have the advantage with respect to sharp shooting as well, just like we did in the last War of Northern Aggression. Especially since we didn't surrender our guns to the local guv'mint like y'all loonies to the north and Left Coast.

We joke about it often but I can see The South rising again and we'd put a major hurting on the rest of y'all if that's what we decided to do. This truly is Gods Country in the name of Our Lord Jesus and we will fight in His name to save it from heathens if we need to.

Abbey Marie
03-02-2007, 02:59 PM
The south has many people who worked hard enough to afford to move there when they retired, to play golf, etc. IMO, that's a pretty good demographic. Most of the rest stay up here in lib-land and complain that the government isn't taking care of them.

glockmail
03-02-2007, 03:53 PM
The south has many people who worked hard enough to afford to move there when they retired, to play golf, etc. IMO, that's a pretty good demographic. Most of the rest stay up here in lib-land and complain that the govenrment isn't taking care of them. You should move to Eden. It's a town in North Carolina.

Abbey Marie
03-02-2007, 03:58 PM
You should move to Eden. It's a town in North Carolina.

What is it like? I need to be near the ocean.

glockmail
03-02-2007, 04:13 PM
What is it like? I need to be near the ocean. Its rural, about 4 hours from the ocean. I wouldn't live near the water if you paid me.

You do know that there's this huge land fault on the coast of Africa, that if it goes will cause a Tsunami about 80' high on the east coast of the US. I prefer to live above 800' elevation, myself.