PDA

View Full Version : Who would you vote for for President

03-01-2007, 03:51 PM
If you could elect anyone on this board President who would you vote for and why?

Oh and just to make this more fun, you cant vote for yourself.

Hugh Lincoln
03-01-2007, 09:38 PM
Has Musicman come over here or is he just USMB? I'd vote for him.

Gunny
03-01-2007, 09:41 PM
If you could elect anyone on this board President who would you vote for and why?

:mad:

Abbey Marie
03-01-2007, 09:51 PM
Has Musicman come over here or is he just USMB? I'd vote for him.

Yes, he has been here, and you made the perfect choice. 2nd vote for MusicMan.

Hugh Lincoln
03-01-2007, 10:00 PM
Yes, he has been here, and you made the perfect choice. 2nd vote for MusicMan.

He's wise, doesn't yell too much, and can obliterate an opponent with a well-crafted post. We probably don't see eye-to-eye on everything, but I think he would pursue sensible conservative policy for the country, and maybe he would consider me for a cabinet post. OK, or maybe just shadow adviser, so he doesn't get in too much trouble.

Gaffer
03-01-2007, 10:25 PM
I would chose Musicman too. Since I know him personally and he's very much the way he posts on this board.

03-01-2007, 10:35 PM

Sorry Gunny. If it makes you feel better, Ill vote for you:) Just make me VP or something.

Pale Rider
03-01-2007, 11:28 PM

If I can't say me, then I'll say nobody. :cool:

shattered
03-01-2007, 11:35 PM

I'll vote for you...only if I get to keep my Princess status. :D

glockmail
03-02-2007, 07:08 AM
If I can't say me, then I'll say nobody. :cool: We can vote for each other then. :salute:

5stringJeff
03-02-2007, 10:19 AM
I'd vote for either insein or Hobbit.

GW in Ohio
03-02-2007, 11:11 AM
Anyone on this board?

I don't know. You all seem kind of crazy.

I guess I'd vote for 5-string Jeff, though. He's a bass player. You can't go too far wrong with a bassist in the Oval Office.

Gunny
03-03-2007, 12:39 PM
Sorry Gunny. If it makes you feel better, Ill vote for you:) Just make me VP or something.

Heck no. I've got this figured out.

Prez: CSM
VP: PEGWINN
SecDef: Gaffer

Director, Immigration and Naturalization: Pale Rider

I just want to be Cmdr, USSouthCom for the duration.:dev3:

And sorry avatar, but I got you pegged to replace a lib on the Supreme Court.

Gunny
03-03-2007, 12:40 PM
Anyone on this board?

I don't know. You all seem kind of crazy.

I guess I'd vote for 5-string Jeff, though. He's a bass player. You can't go too far wrong with a bassist in the Oval Office.

Could be a reason it "seems" that way.:coffee:

Abbey Marie
03-03-2007, 01:46 PM
Heck no. I've got this figured out.

Brilliant!

LiberalNation
03-03-2007, 01:48 PM
I'd vote for myself. I'd rock as president and of course have a lot of first so my name would be remembered. First female prez, youngest prez and so on.

Nienna
03-03-2007, 02:13 PM
I'd have to say MusicMan, too. My first thought was Jeff, but he's too young. :)

musicman
03-03-2007, 03:39 PM
Wow - I'm just now finding this thread, and I'm totally bowled over! And, I think a lot of us on this board would do credit to the office. Wouldn't it be great if a candidate came forward who actually displayed some of the common sense we share around here? I believe that if one of those suits ever got in front of a camera and said something like,

"Here is my two-part platform:

1. U.S. law applies, and

2. The U.S. Constitution applies".

...he'd win in a walk. Or else be assassinated where he stood...

Abbey Marie
03-03-2007, 05:50 PM
Wow - I'm just now finding this thread, and I'm totally bowled over! And, I think a lot of us on this board would do credit to the office. Wouldn't it be great if a candidate came forward who actually displayed some of the common sense we share around here? I believe that if one of those suits ever got in front of a camera and said something like,

"Here is my two-part platform:

1. U.S. law applies, and

2. The U.S. Constitution applies".

...he'd win in a walk. Or else be assassinated where he stood...

Is that your acceptance speech? :clap:

Gaffer
03-03-2007, 10:28 PM
I'd be happy with a canidate that knows how to answer yes or no to simple yes or no questions.

LiberalNation
03-03-2007, 10:57 PM
You wouldn't get elected because your strait up answers would piss off both sides. To win a big election you have to float the middle and try to win as many voter blocks has possible even though they all have their different pet issues.

03-04-2007, 04:43 AM
You wouldn't get elected because your strait up answers would piss off both sides. To win a big election you have to float the middle and try to win as many voter blocks has possible even though they all have their different pet issues.

You don't win by "floating the middle" Those in the middle get crushed. It's a fact of life.

GW in Ohio
03-04-2007, 11:30 AM
If I were president, I would support legislation that:

Made prostitution legal. You've got a willing buyer and a willing seller; what's the problem? Furthermore, if prostitution is legal, the hookers would have to be examined for disease regularly. That's a big plus. Some guys are going to visit hookers no matter what the law says; so why don't we cut out the hypocrisy? As a final reason for legalizing prostitution, we could tax it. I can see ads on TV now.....

"Come in and visit our girls. You can screw your brains out and help lower the national debt."

If I were president, I would also make polygamy legal. If a guy is brave enough, or stupid enough, or energetic enough, to take on more than one wife, I say more power to him.

Vote for me if you like my platform........

Gunny
03-04-2007, 12:29 PM

At least you have your finger on what exactly is wrong with this country. All you get trying to sit on the fence is shot off of it.

MtnBiker
03-04-2007, 12:32 PM
If I were president, I would support legislation that: ........

Made prostitution legal. As a final reason for legalizing prostitution, we could tax it.

Yeah those pimps are going to set up payroll accounting and make sure the irs receives in full its fair share of cash transactions made by men that are likely cheating on their wives. :rolleyes:

manu1959
03-04-2007, 12:38 PM

Made prostitution legal. You've got a willing buyer and a willing seller; what's the problem? Furthermore, if prostitution is legal, the hookers would have to be examined for disease regularly. That's a big plus. Some guys are going to visit hookers no matter what the law says; so why don't we cut out the hypocrisy? As a final reason for legalizing prostitution, we could tax it. I can see ads on TV now.....

"Come in and visit our girls. You can screw your brains out and help lower the national debt."

If I were president, I would also make polygamy legal. If a guy is brave enough, or stupid enough, or energetic enough, to take on more than one wife, I say more power to him.

do women get to have more than one husband in your modern day Sodom and Gomorrah

GW in Ohio
03-04-2007, 01:00 PM
Yeah, women would get to have more than one husband. That's only fair, huh?

And of course, women would have to audition prospective husbands. That would spice up the cocktail hour at your local watering hole, eh?

manu1959
03-04-2007, 01:06 PM
Yeah, women would get to have more than one husband. That's only fair, huh?

And of course, women would have to audition prospective husbands. That would spice up the cocktail hour at your local watering hole, eh?

just sounds like SF.....

CSM
03-04-2007, 01:46 PM
Prez: MM
Secretary of State: Gunny
Director of Intelligence: Gadget
Attorney General: DMP

Supreme Overlord of the Universe: CSM!

Gunny
03-04-2007, 01:55 PM
Prez: MM
Secretary of State: Gunny
Director of Intelligence: Gadget
Attorney General: DMP

Supreme Overlord of the Universe: CSM!

Secretary of State? You trying to add a whole new meaning to the word "diplomacy?":laugh2:

Hell, I'm ALREADY prepared to address the UN: :fu:

Abbey Marie
03-04-2007, 02:30 PM

Good to know you've got your Presidential priorities all figured out. :rolleyes:

Yurt
03-04-2007, 04:48 PM
I would have to say musicman as well.

Gaffer
03-04-2007, 05:01 PM
Secretary of State? You trying to add a whole new meaning to the word "diplomacy?":laugh2:

Hell, I'm ALREADY prepared to address the UN: :fu:

Well with me as secretary of defense you would have plenty of backing in making your diplomatic points.

GW in Ohio
03-05-2007, 08:32 AM
Oooookay....

I can see my candidacy isn't catching fire. So I'll have to throw in something to entice you birds.

Vote for me and I'll toughen the laws on buying guns.

Okay?

:dance: :salute: :dance:

Dilloduck
03-05-2007, 09:20 AM
My exploratory committee has just informed me that I don't have a snowballs' chance in hell. :laugh2:

glockmail
03-05-2007, 09:48 AM
Oooookay....

I can see my candidacy isn't catching fire. So I'll have to throw in something to entice you birds.

Okay?

At least you have a sense of humor. :laugh2:

CSM
03-05-2007, 09:51 AM
My exploratory committee has just informed me that I don't have a snowballs' chance in hell. :laugh2:

I had you pegged for Homeland Security czar!

CSM
03-05-2007, 09:51 AM
Oooookay....

Okay?

Oh, you want to be Director of the Federal Humor Dept. !