PDA

View Full Version : Artificial Reef Near Miami Is Cemetery, Diving Attraction

Pale Rider
05-10-2008, 05:15 PM
Just where does somebody get the permission to pull a scheme like this off?

Artificial Reef Near Miami Is Cemetery, Diving Attraction

2008-05-10 06:06:23
By LISA ORKIN EMMANUEL Associated Press Writer

MIAMI (AP) — About 45 feet beneath the ocean's surface lies a cemetery with gates, pathways, plaques and even benches.

The Neptune Memorial Reef, which opened last fall, is seen by its creators as a perfect final resting spot for those who loved the sea. They hope that one day the reef will cover 16 acres and have room for 125,000 remains.

"This is simply as good as it gets," said Gary Levine, a diver who conceived the reef and is now a shareholder in the company that owns it.

The Neptune Memorial Reef is located in open waters 3 1/4 miles off the coast of Key Biscayne, which means any certified diver can visit. The artificial reef's first phase allows for about 850 remains.

Article continues here... (http://charter.net/news/news_reader.php?storyid=14624384&feedid=271)

Gadget (fmr Marine)
05-10-2008, 10:38 PM
I wish I would have thought of it....what a great idea...right up there with selling carbon credits!

PostmodernProphet
05-11-2008, 04:57 AM
interesting.....Florida thinks it is wrong to take carbon out of the ocean floor, but okay to put it in......

Pale Rider
05-11-2008, 06:00 AM
interesting.....Florida thinks it is wrong to take carbon out of the ocean floor, but okay to put it in......

Why don't you keep your little faggot, pedophile, kiddie finger sucking, homo, avatar crap out of my threads brown eye....

actsnoblemartin
05-11-2008, 06:04 AM
why dont you tell us how you really feel

:lol:

Why don't you keep your little faggot, pedophile, kiddie finger sucking, homo, avatar crap out of my threads brown eye....

PostmodernProphet
05-11-2008, 07:23 AM

lol....it amazes me that your keyboard doesn't bite your fingers.....may I ask, Pale, what you draw from my posts that leads you to believe I am a faggot?....a pedophile?.....

I can certainly point to things you have posted that lead me, and any other rational person, to believe you are a racist bigot...and I expect my calling you such is what triggered your rather feeble reaction here....

you fill find, as you mature, that insults carry more weight if they bear a modicum of truth.....which is why my insults of you are crushing your febrile ass into the dust.....