PDA

View Full Version : AP Exclusive: Ex-Manager Says OJ Simpson Confessed

Pale Rider
05-10-2008, 05:29 PM
AP Exclusive: Ex-Manager Says OJ Simpson Confessed

2008-05-10 12:54:45
By LINDA DEUTSCH AP Special Correspondent

LOS ANGELES (AP) — A memorabilia dealer who profited from O.J. Simpson for many years is the latest former crony to write a tell-all book, this one alleging a groggy Simpson, high on marijuana, confessed to killing his ex-wife after he was acquitted.

Mike Gilbert also claims he helped his former friend wiggle out of the murder charges by suggesting how to bloat his hands so they wouldn't fit the notorious bloody gloves.

Gilbert's book, "How I Helped O.J. Get Away With Murder: The Shocking Inside Story of Violence, Loyalty, Regret and Remorse" (Regnery Publishing, 232 pages, $27.95), is due in stores Monday. It was released to The Associated Press in advance.

He said Simpson had smoked pot, took a sleeping pill and was drinking beer when he confided at his Brentwood home weeks after his trial what happened the night of June 12, 1994. Simpson said he went to his ex-wife's condominium, but did not bring a knife with him. Simpson told him Nicole Brown Simpson had one in her hand when she opened the door.

In a soft mumble, Simpson told him: "If she hadn't opened that door with a knife in her hand ... she'd still be alive."

"Nothing more needed to be said," Gilbert writes. "O.J. had confessed to me. There's no doubt in my mind."

Article continues here, a must read... (http://charter.net/news/news_reader.php?storyid=14624820&feedid=273)

jimnyc
05-10-2008, 05:36 PM
Who woulda thunk it! "if it doesn't fit, you must acquit"!

He didn't play for the Steelers, so fuck 'em.

Abbey Marie
05-10-2008, 05:40 PM
And this stellar citizen said nothing since 1994? :rolleyes:

Pale Rider
05-10-2008, 05:59 PM

No kidding. But, needless to say, I think just about everybody in the nation, aside from the reverend wright, black first, racist types, know he did it.

Yurt
05-10-2008, 07:48 PM
why the hell is this puke allowed to profit off of this? he should be in PRISON as an accessory after the fact.

Pale Rider
05-10-2008, 08:01 PM
why the hell is this puke allowed to profit off of this? he should be in PRISON as an accessory after the fact.

I was thinking he should be in hot water myself. I don't know about the profit off stuff.

manu1959
05-10-2008, 08:42 PM

simpson had been aquitted......no double jepoardey......can't be an accessory.....

Yurt
05-10-2008, 08:57 PM
simpson had been aquitted......no double jepoardey......can't be an accessory.....

good point, if the crime does not exist, no accessory...

Mr. P
05-10-2008, 09:04 PM

Book promotion.