PDA

View Full Version : Condy compares Saddam to Hitler

TheStripey1
03-01-2007, 06:10 PM
Special comment: Condi goes too far
Olbermann: Secretary Rice’s comparison of Saddam to Hitler is not accurate
(http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17351284/)
..snip

"If Congress were now to revise the Iraq authorization", she said, out loud, with an adult present: "… it would be like saying that after Adolf Hitler was overthrown, we needed to change, then, the resolution that allowed the United States to do that, so that we could deal with creating a stable environment in Europe after he was overthrown."

..snip

and here's what Keith Olbermann said in response (same url as above):

..snip

"The resolution that allowed the United States to" overthrow Hitler?

On the 11th of December, 1941, at 8 o'clock in the morning, two of Hitler's diplomats walked up to the State Department — your office, Secretary Rice -- and 90 minutes later they were handing a declaration of war to the chief of the department's European Division. The Japanese had bombed Pearl Harbor four days earlier, and the Germans simply piled on.

Your predecessors, Dr. Rice, didn't spend a year making up phony evidence and mistaking German balloon-inflating trucks for mobile germ warfare labs. They didn't pretend the world was ending because a tin-pot tyrant couldn't hand over the chemical weapons it turned out he'd destroyed a decade earlier. The Germans walked up to the front door of our State Department and said, "We're at war." It was in all the papers. And when that war ended, more than three horrible years later, our troops and the Russians were in Berlin. And we stayed, as an occupying force, well into the 1950s. As an occupying force, Madam Secretary!

..snip

We already have a subjectively false comparison between Hitler and Saddam. We already have a historically false comparison between Germany and Iraq. We already have blissful ignorance by our secretary of state about how this country got into the war against Hitler. But then there's this part about changing "the resolution" about Iraq; that it would be as ridiculous in the secretary's eyes as saying that after Hitler was defeated, we needed to go back to Congress to "deal with creating a stable environment in Europe after he was overthrown."

Oh, good grief, Secretary Rice, that's exactly what we did do! We went back to Congress to deal with creating a stable environment in Europe after Hitler was overthrown! It was called the Marshall Plan.

...snip

The president of the United States went back to Congress and asked it for a new authorization and for the money. And do you have any idea, Madame Secretary, who opposed him when he did that? The Republicans!

..snip

and although this didn't have anything to do with refuting condy's foot in mouth syndrome, it's classic KO...

..snip

You've been on Fox News Sunday, Secretary Rice. The Fox network has got another show premiering Tuesday night. You could go on that one, too. It might be a better fit. It's called "Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader?"

:dance:

5stringJeff
03-01-2007, 06:12 PM
Does KO do this when ultra-lefties compare Bush to Hitler?

03-01-2007, 06:39 PM
Yeah, who would have thought that someone as intelligent as Condi would compare two totalitarian dictators who were guilty of genocide and invading neighbors.

TheStripey1
03-01-2007, 06:47 PM
Does KO do this when ultra-lefties compare Bush to Hitler?

no... KO only goes after righties... cuz he's a lefty, that's why I watch him... but then again... bush's grandaddy, prescott, supported hitler, so the comparison, bush to hitler, is not without merit... you do know about prescott, right? it's been all over the web for years...

TheStripey1
03-01-2007, 06:49 PM
Yeah, who would have thought that someone as intelligent as Condi would compare two totalitarian dictators who were guilty of genocide and invading neighbors.

yeah one tried to rule the world and the other tried to well, protect his oil from a neighbor he perceived to be stealing that very same resource from him... yeah... I can see the correlation...

oy...

TheStripey1
03-01-2007, 06:53 PM
everything she said was patently false...

but you guys don't care about truth, being lied to doesn't matter to you... you just suck it all up cuz she goes after the lefties... that's all that matters to you...

obtw, that's a generalized you, one directed at all the righties that take everything that comes out of the bush administration as a fact, no matter whether it is or not...

Abbey Marie
03-01-2007, 06:59 PM
no... KO only goes after righties... cuz he's a lefty, that's why I watch him... but then again... bush's grandaddy, prescott, supported hitler, so the comparison, bush to hitler, is not without merit... you do know about prescott, right? it's been all over the web for years...

Have you chosen to ignore the much closer ties to Dem icon Ted Kennedy, and former President John Kennedy? Their father was a big fan of Hitler.

"As ambassador to England, Joe would later make clear that he thought the Jews had "brought on themselves" whatever Hitler did to them. During a 1938 meeting at the German embassy in London, Kennedy assured the German ambassador that America only wanted friendly relations with Hitler. Joe said that Hitler's government had done "great things" for the country, and that the Germans were "satisfied" and enjoyed "good living conditions." Joe told the ambassador that a recent report which said the limited food in Germany was being reserved for the army could not be true. After all, Joe said, the professor who had made the report "was a Jew."
"Kennedy urged his friend William Randolph Hearst to help Hitler improve his image in the United states. Hearst agreed, and under his own byline he told his readers that Hitler had "restored character and courage. Hitler gave hope and confidence. He established order and unity of purpose."

http://www.ytedk.com/hitler.htm

According to Harvey Klemmer, who served as one of Kennedy's embassy aides, Kennedy habitually referred to Jews as "kikes or sheenies." Kennedy allegedly told Klemmer that "[some] individual Jews are all right, Harvey, but as a race they stink. They spoil everything they touch."[6] When Klemmer returned from a trip to Germany and reported the pattern of vandalism and assault on Jews by Nazis, Kennedy responded "well, they brought it on themselves."[7]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_P._Kennedy,_Sr.

TheStripey1
03-01-2007, 07:34 PM
Have chosen to ignore the much closer ties to Dem icon Ted Kennedy, and former President John Kennedy? Their father was a big fan of Hitler.

what do the Kennedys have to do with Condy's idiotic statement on Fox Noise Channel Sunday morning?

and besides, being "a fan of" and "supporting" are entirely different...

TheStripey1
03-01-2007, 07:37 PM
and besides, I don't like the democrats either...

I don't like republicans OR democrats... :finger3: It must gall you to no end to know that your attacks on democrats don't faze me...

jimnyc
03-01-2007, 07:44 PM
It must gall you to no end to know that your attacks on democrats don't faze me...

Does it gall you to no end that your attacks on republicans likely mean squat to most either? I actually giggle when I see some liberals trying their hardest to find every little link to criticize the right. :)

trobinett
03-01-2007, 07:52 PM
Weren't the Kennedy's involved with Gould batteries, and supplying batteries to the Germans for their sub's?

Been so lone, I can't remember.

Got to admit, wasn't one of Ms Rice's best moments.

I DO respect that woman.

glockmail
03-01-2007, 07:58 PM
.... bush's grandaddy, prescott, supported hitler, so the comparison, bush to hitler, is not without merit... you do know about prescott, right? it's been all over the web for years...

what do the Kennedys have to do with Condy's idiotic statement on Fox Noise Channel Sunday morning?

…....

Delicious irony.
:laugh2:

Abbey Marie
03-01-2007, 08:10 PM

and besides, being "a fan of" and "supporting" are entirely different...

I'll ask you- what did Bush's ancestor have to do with it? You brought up support of Hitler by ancestors:
but then again... bush's grandaddy, prescott, supported hitler, so the comparison, bush to hitler, is not without merit...

Support for Hitler strikes much closer to home with the Kennedys.

Abbey Marie
03-01-2007, 08:11 PM
Delicious irony.
:laugh2:

Seriously.

Gaffer
03-01-2007, 09:18 PM
and besides, I don't like the democrats either...

I don't like republicans OR democrats... :finger3: It must gall you to no end to know that your attacks on democrats don't faze me...

Well perhaps, since you hate the dems so much you could do a little bashing of them once in a while. Never see you going after them. Its' always Bush and the republicans. But being the good liberal that you are I'm sure you won't say a thing about them. It would be like getting a muslim to condemn jihad.

Gunny
03-01-2007, 09:45 PM

I've always found this kind of funny. How does Bush's grandfather supporting Hitler have anything to do with GW?

Does this mean JF Kennedy was a Nazi? Old Joe was expelled as Ambassador to England for supporting Adolph.

Gunny
03-01-2007, 09:46 PM
yeah one tried to rule the world and the other tried to well, protect his oil from a neighbor he perceived to be stealing that very same resource from him... yeah... I can see the correlation...

oy...

By invading two of his neighbors in order to steal THEIR oil?

Gunny
03-01-2007, 09:47 PM
everything she said was patently false...

but you guys don't care about truth, being lied to doesn't matter to you... you just suck it all up cuz she goes after the lefties... that's all that matters to you...

obtw, that's a generalized you, one directed at all the righties that take everything that comes out of the bush administration as a fact, no matter whether it is or not...

Actually, the comparison has merit. Perhaps it is YOU the truth doesn't matter to, and YOU don't hear it because shitting on Republicans/conservatives is all that matters to YOU?

03-01-2007, 10:32 PM
By invading two of his neighbors in order to steal THEIR oil?

yeah... i was kind of wondering that myself.