PDA

View Full Version : Hillary's Best Hope: racism

red states rule
05-11-2008, 08:07 AM
Once again, the Dem primary has come down to race and gender - and not the issues

The Clintons are not going away, and this ugly war is going to continue

McCain has to be the luckiest politican in the world

Hillary's best hope: racism

'Working class' means 'white'

snip

The record clearly shows that Hillary's campaign was the first to use Obama's race against him. The strategy gained an unexpected boost when Sen. Obama's former pastor, the egomaniacal Rev. Jeremiah Wright, cribbed the Obama spotlight only to show the world that racism could be a black thing, too. The opportunistic Clinton campaign shamelessly took full advantage of the tension. They not only raised questions about what the Wright debacle meant for an Obama presidency, they slyly positioned Hillary, like a latter-day George Wallace (the Alabama governor, not the very funny Las Vegas comedian), as the "working-class" candidate.

She was the candidate, as one union worker called her, with "testicular fortitude." She drank boilermakers. She bowled. She even challenged that "latte-drinking" Sen. Obama to roll against her. Her campaign reinforced the idea that she was the only candidate willing to look after "working-class" folks in Washington.

Don't fool yourself for a minute by entertaining the idea that the Clinton campaign didn't know what it was doing. Hillary and Bill knew. It was their plan. They were getting their butts kicked by the Obama campaign and rapidly reaching the point of no hope. If they were going to win, they needed a game-changer, and that had to be a profound fear of Obama.

That fear of the different guy, combined with Obama's pastor disaster, paid off. Not only did it give them late wins in important states, it gave them cover to make a thinly veiled racial appeal to the ruling class of the Democratic Party -- the "superdelegates."

http://www.lvrj.com/opinion/18841454.html

JohnDoe
05-11-2008, 08:46 AM
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, what a crock of an opinion.... Hillary was not the first to position race or be racist....the conservatives were, regarding Jeremiah write and that other dude....it just took the main stream media a while to pick it up.

And what she brought up was Obama's JUDGEMENT regarding jeremiah as Obama brought up FIRST her JUDGEMENT in voting yes on the Iraq resolution to give President Bush the Authority to do what was necessary on Saddam.

To me, that was fair and square, not about race or being racist, but both were about judgement calls.

And Hillary did NOT put Wright out there going on one show after another....this whole issue was an Obama issue, nothing that Hillary caused?

It might be about race with the Obama black supporters who are all voting for their black candidate now because they "bought in to" the garbage that it is Hillary's fault somehow for the Rev. Wright problem of Obama's....

But I can honestly say that I believe that Hillary is a better candidate for President than Obama would be as the Democratic nominee and it absolutely has nothing to do with race and nothing to do with his Jeremiah Wright judgements or situations.

red states rule
05-11-2008, 08:49 AM
I do love the fact your Dem primary has not come down to the issues but race and gender

I love how your party is being ripped in half. The supporters for the serial liar on one sdie; and the supporters of the racist Amercia hating black lib on the other

There is not a dimes worth of differecne between them on the issues, both are tax and spend liberals who have their blue nose up in the air