PDA

View Full Version : Looks like a snake huh

Gaffer
05-11-2008, 08:06 PM
Thought I would share this with you all.

If you went swimming or wadding in a Vietnamese river or pond you might have had to deal with quite a few of these.

This is a leech.

Kathianne
05-11-2008, 08:10 PM
Thought I would share this with you all.

If you went swimming or wadding in a Vietnamese river or pond you might have had to deal with quite a few of these.

This is a leech.

Oh thanks for that! I'm still digesting dinner. :laugh2:

Gaffer
05-11-2008, 08:15 PM
Oh thanks for that! I'm still digesting dinner. :laugh2:

One of those kids in the background probably took it home for dinner. Or ate it right there.

Kathianne
05-11-2008, 08:15 PM
One of those kids in the background probably took it home for dinner. Or ate it right there.

Oh man! :eek:

Mr. P
05-11-2008, 09:36 PM
Did you ever run across a bamboo viper, Gaffer?

Gaffer
05-12-2008, 07:03 AM
Did you ever run across a bamboo viper, Gaffer?

If your referring to the two stepper, that super venomous little snake. I only saw one. It was about eight inches long. It fell or dropped out of a tree and landed on my shoulder. I thought it was a branch and tried to brush it off. It bit the skin between my finger and thumb and just held on. No penetration. I flicked it off and stepped on its head. Another guy told me how lucky I was. That snake was about a third the size of that leech.

Those leeches were like little pythons. They would latch on to you and then wrap themselves around. The land leeches were much smaller and moved like inch worms. We had to stop every few hours and remove the leeches.

There were lots of different snakes plus centipedes a foot long. Also poisonous. Spiders, scorpions and the nasty piss ants. Tigers, elephants, water buffalo, orangutans. So many things to avoid while looking for a fight.

I got stung by scorpions on two occasions. That is extreme pain.