PDA

View Full Version : Chicago Sun Times - Obama First Women President

red states rule
05-12-2008, 06:37 AM
The liberal media dubbed Bill Clinton as the first black President, now Obama is being called the first women President

The libs are cracking up across the board

Thanks to Hillary for being a winner at heart
May 11, 2008Recommend (20)

CAROL MARIN cmarin@suntimes.com

snip

And so Wednesday night, after Clinton squeaked out a victory in Indiana and lost outright to Barack Obama in North Carolina, I called. And that's when Shirley announced she'd just moments earlier on the Internet made her first political donation of the presidential season. Why, when the drumbeat for Clinton to withdraw was growing in decibels, superdelegates were jumping ship and only six primaries remained, why send cash now?

"I just wanted Hillary to know tonight that there's me, and I'm sure I'm not the only one," Shirley said on the phone in her kitchen to me in mine. "It was almost like a thank-you note to someone who's gone through all she's gone through all these months, a thank-you gift."

Shirley is a liberal, a Democrat and a feminist. Then again, my liberal, Democrat, feminist friends have been profoundly, even angrily, divided this election. Some of them simply loathe Clinton and say so in the kind of language that, if applied to anyone else, they would condemn as sexist. And they love Barack Obama.

If Bill Clinton was once considered America's first black president, Obama may one day be viewed as our first woman president. While Clinton, the warrior, battles on, talks about toughness, and out loud considers nuking Iran, it is Obama who is full of feminine virtues

for the complete article

http://www.suntimes.com/news/marin/942771,CST-EDT-carol11.article