PDA

View Full Version : Personal responsibility is dead

gabosaurus
05-12-2008, 03:16 PM
One of our middle schools has a kid who habitually starts shit. He will pick at other kids until they lose their cool. Then it comes down to a fight. Which is, of course, not his fault, since "the other kid started it."
Thursday was apparently the crowning blow. Shithead kid needed revenge on another kid for some reason, so he ambushes the kid after school. Beats the crap out of him. Police are called, but by the time they get there, shithead kid is gone.

So we have a conference with his mom this morning. Her response that shithead kid is innocent. In fact, he wasn't even there. Even though a dozen or so other kids said he was.
Mom says shithead kid is the one who gets picked on. He gets blamed for everything. This "set up" is her limit and she is calling her lawyer. If the school can't "protect" her kid, then she will just take everyone to court.

Shithead kid grins the whole time. He loves it. Gab believes both of them need to be hit by a truck.

glockmail
05-12-2008, 03:21 PM
People don't need to be responsible for their own actions, never mind their kids. The government school needs to man up and accept responsibility.

Besides, if the kid says he wasn't there, y'all should believe him.

DragonStryk72
05-12-2008, 09:25 PM
One of our middle schools has a kid who habitually starts shit. He will pick at other kids until they lose their cool. Then it comes down to a fight. Which is, of course, not his fault, since "the other kid started it."
Thursday was apparently the crowning blow. Shithead kid needed revenge on another kid for some reason, so he ambushes the kid after school. Beats the crap out of him. Police are called, but by the time they get there, shithead kid is gone.

So we have a conference with his mom this morning. Her response that shithead kid is innocent. In fact, he wasn't even there. Even though a dozen or so other kids said he was.
Mom says shithead kid is the one who gets picked on. He gets blamed for everything. This "set up" is her limit and she is calling her lawyer. If the school can't "protect" her kid, then she will just take everyone to court.

Shithead kid grins the whole time. He loves it. Gab believes both of them need to be hit by a truck.

No, the mom needs to get taken over a knee, and have her ass blistered in front of her kid, then repeat process for the kid.

MtnBiker
05-12-2008, 09:33 PM
To bad it is not a private school. Shithead kid would be removed from class. Shithead kid would face the possiblity of no or very little education and a poor quality of life as a consequence. Or shithead kid could live up to personal responsiblity and become a productive member of society.

gabosaurus
05-12-2008, 10:04 PM
The purpose of the educational system is to educate kids, not throw them on the streets.
The challenge is to find a way to get through to kids and their parents. Putting them on the streets is accepting defeat. I would prefer to accept the challenge.

Dilloduck
05-12-2008, 10:07 PM
The purpose of the educational system is to educate kids, not throw them on the streets.
The challenge is to find a way to get through to kids and their parents. Putting them on the streets is accepting defeat. I would prefer to accept the challenge.

So you spend 8 hours a day doing therapy instead of educating them?

edit--sorry--your preferred method is hitting them both with a truck.

glockmail
05-13-2008, 07:39 AM

I agree. We need to get this woman out of work and into therapy ASAP. And full time for the kid too. This program need to be fully funded.

theHawk
05-13-2008, 08:07 AM
"We" don't need to do jack shit for the kid or the mother. They've been handed a taxpayer paid free education for the kid. If they choose to act like asses and throw that away, then "we" don't owe either of them a damned thing. The only thing that should be done is expelling the kid and telling him and the mother if he doesn't get his act together he gets no education from your school.

glockmail
05-13-2008, 08:23 AM
"We" don't need to do jack shit for the kid or the mother. They've been handed a taxpayer paid free education for the kid. If they choose to act like asses and throw that away, then "we" don't owe either of them a damned thing. The only thing that should be done is expelling the kid and telling him and the mother if he doesn't get his act together he gets no education from your school.
On no you must be a hater. This kid needs society's help because it failed with his mother. Tax the evil corporations more and help him. Gabs needs a full time job too.

Pale Rider
05-13-2008, 12:12 PM

If you know all this to be true, especially that the shithead kid is the instigator, and a dozen witnesses saw him beating up the other kid, why on earth would the school be afraid of shithead kids moron mother suing? Let her. She'd get so worked over in court, she'd wish she'd never opened that can of worms. Maybe that's what needs to happen. Expelled shithead kid, let mother sue, both mother and shithead kid will come out major losers, unless they wake up and smell the coffee.

Hagbard Celine
05-13-2008, 12:20 PM
If you know all this to be true, especially that the shithead kid is the instigator, and a dozen witnesses saw him beating up the other kid, why on earth would the school be afraid of shithead kids moron mother suing? Let her. She'd get so worked over in court, she'd wish she'd never opened that can of worms. Maybe that's what needs to happen. Expelled shithead kid, let mother sue, both mother and shithead kid will come out major losers, unless they wake up and smell the coffee.

I agree with you Pale. These people need a wake-up call but losing in court would probably only reinforce their view that "everyone is against them." People this idiotic usually can't see the signs until it's too late, if ever.

glockmail
05-13-2008, 12:24 PM
I agree with you Pale. These people need a wake-up call but losing in court would probably only reinforce their view that "everyone is against them." People this idiotic usually can't see the signs until it's too late, if ever.
You're a hater too? :slap:

Abbey Marie
05-13-2008, 01:56 PM
Teen boot camp might be a good alternative. With classes in the classroom fundamentals, and "consequences" for not working hard at them.

glockmail
05-13-2008, 02:04 PM
Why is it always a military solution for you haters?

AllieBaba
05-13-2008, 02:08 PM
Why aren't the cops involved in this? They should be taking this kid in and interrogating the crap out of him, with mommy present, of course. Then question every single witness.

Then let her go to court. As the defendant's mom.

glockmail
05-13-2008, 02:10 PM
Yeah I suppose you want Andy Sipowitz to beat on the poor kid and scare his mom. You've been watching too much TV lady.

Abbey Marie
05-13-2008, 02:21 PM
Why is it always a military solution for you haters?

Haters hate, lovers love, and soldiers soldier on.

(ok, so I'm a little tired today).

AllieBaba
05-13-2008, 02:58 PM
Yeah I suppose you want Andy Sipowitz to beat on the poor kid and scare his mom. You've been watching too much TV lady.

No, I've dealt with cops and kids plenty, though, and know that generally speaking, they'd be involved.
Did the mother of the kid who got originally bullied not file charges? If she didn't, she should.

glockmail
05-13-2008, 03:15 PM
No, I've dealt with cops and kids plenty, though, and know that generally speaking, they'd be involved.
Did the mother of the kid who got originally bullied not file charges? If she didn't, she should. The poor kid is just misunderstood. It's every one else’s fault, not his. The school should avoid a lawsuit and give him some money to settle this thing. Everyone involved should then get some counseling. If they just encourage these kids to have oral sex in schools then there wouldn’t be so much tension and they’d all get along. Its not really sex anyway.

AllieBaba
05-13-2008, 03:19 PM
The poor kid is just misunderstood. It's every one else’s fault, not his. The school should avoid a lawsuit and give him some money to settle this thing. Everyone involved should then get some counseling. If they just encourage these kids to have oral sex in schools then there wouldn’t be so much tension and they’d all get along. Its not really sex anyway.

Unless they happen to be married to the person they're having sex with, and choose to have a child while underaged, instead of getting an abortion.

Remember, underaged kids don't get to make THAT choice. THat's grounds for immediate dispersal from the family home into various and assorted foster homes and detention centers.

glockmail
05-13-2008, 03:28 PM
Unless they happen to be married to the person they're having sex with, and choose to have a child while underaged, instead of getting an abortion.

Remember, underaged kids don't get to make THAT choice. THat's grounds for immediate dispersal from the family home into various and assorted foster homes and detention centers. Oral sex really isn't sex. And if they need abortions then its the schools fault for not giving them contraception so should pay for their abortions. OK to wait until the third trimester too, because its not a baby until the unbiblical cord is cut and it can breathe on its own. And if the kids are black then I'm sure the GOP will pay for the abortions, because we all know they don't like blacks.

AllieBaba
05-13-2008, 03:31 PM
And for God's sakes, don't DARE to ask them to name the fathers or tell the parents the kids are getting abortions...that's violating their rights.

Well, unless they happen to be Christian, and are married, and actually have the babies. Then they don't have any rights....

glockmail
05-13-2008, 03:35 PM
No fair! You must fall for my tricks! You mock me now! :blowup:

Abbey Marie
05-13-2008, 03:37 PM
No fair! You must fall for my tricks! You mock me now! :blowup:

Or trick for your falls?

Glock, you aren't a very convincing lib. Sorry to tell you. :laugh2:

glockmail
05-13-2008, 03:46 PM
Douh! :laugh2:

05-13-2008, 04:24 PM
No, the mom needs to get taken over a knee, and have her ass blistered in front of her kid, then repeat process for the kid.

well if she is at all hot im sure lots of guys would be more than happy to do it to her.

gabosaurus
05-13-2008, 04:45 PM
I feel sorry for some of your kids. I see a lot of bail money in your futures. :p

Hagbard Celine
05-13-2008, 04:48 PM
well if she is at all hot im sure lots of guys would be more than happy to do it to her.

I'd flog her with a two-headed dildo like she deserves

gabosaurus
05-13-2008, 09:22 PM
From reading this forum, one would think that most of you guys never get any.

Oh wait, I forgot -- most of you don't ever get any... :laugh2:

glockmail
05-14-2008, 07:40 AM
From reading this forum, one would think that most of you guys never get any.

Oh wait, I forgot -- most of you don't ever get any... :laugh2:
Not everyone has a vagina like the LA Freeway. :laugh2:

DragonStryk72
05-14-2008, 11:24 AM
Ignoring the childish remarks, my thought process on this is that we have no personal responsibility anymore, not because of parents, but more pointedly, due to the lack of it in our leaders these days. Always these days, you see politicians dodge dip duck dive and dodge again to avoid having any responsiblity for the things that they have done wrong. How can you expect the public at large to grasp the importance of it, when they have likely never seen it in their lives?

MtnBiker
05-14-2008, 11:49 AM
How can you expect the public at large to grasp the importance of it, when they have likely never seen it in their lives?

I see personal responsibility everyday from people and it has nothing to do with politicians.

gabosaurus
05-14-2008, 12:35 PM
I see personal responsibility everyday from people and it has nothing to do with politicians.

And politicians have nothing to do with personal responsibility. In fact, most are opposed to it.

Abbey Marie
05-14-2008, 12:47 PM
Important character traits such as taking responsibility, come from the examples your parents set. Politicians barely register on most people's radar in these matters.

Pale Rider
05-14-2008, 01:13 PM
If you want a good example of personal responsibility, please do NOT look to the government.

DragonStryk72
05-15-2008, 01:45 AM
It's not just the politicians though. It seems like all of our leaders have this crew of lawyers there, ready and willing to jump to make certain no thinks they did anything wrong. Working hard, and taking personal responsibility is seen as quaint, or worse, as a failing.