PDA

View Full Version : Obama not at home in W.Va.

red states rule
05-13-2008, 05:52 AM
Hillary should have a good night tonight. The left will probably blame those bitter, Bible thumping, gun grasping bigots for Barry's loss

Hillary is up by as much as 40 points in some polls

Obama not at home in W.Va.
By Andrea Billups
May 13, 2008

CHARLESTON, W.Va. — Here in the Mountain State, where faith, firearms and patriotism are bedrock, Democratic presidential hopeful Sen. Barack Obama is failing to connect, trailing in the run-up to today's primary election by 40 points in some polls.

In a state where 16 percent of residents have undergraduate degrees and the median family income is about $12,000 less than the national average, it is no surprise to natives that Mr. Obama, an Ivy Leaguer, is not resonating with their blue-collar culture.

"I'm not sure he knows how to communicate well in rural environments," said Brian Alley, a hurricane aviation consultant and independent voter who added that he has not settled on a candidate to support. "He comes across as more of a professional-type person, much more sophisticated than even Clinton or Bush."

for the complete article

http://www.washingtontimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080513/NATION/863327237/1001

Classact
05-13-2008, 08:18 AM
Obama should have spent the night at Parsons WV last night, it's a little town in the middle of the state. It is famous for two things, a checkpoint for the underground railroad in the 1800's and billboards on each end of town that read: If you are black do not let the sun set while you are in this town, back in the 50's. In the mid 1950's a black man broke the sign's warning and was hung on the bridge in the center of town and left there for three days.

red states rule
05-13-2008, 08:20 AM
Obama should have spent the night at Parsons WV last night, it's a little town in the middle of the state. It is famous for two things, a checkpoint for the underground railroad in the 1800's and billboards on each end of town that read: If you are black do not let the sun set while you are in this town, back in the 50's. In the mid 1950's a black man broke the sign's warning and was hung on the bridge in the center of town and left there for three days.

Obama has given up on WV. I would love to see Hillary by 30 or 40 points. It will help keep her in the race, and allow her to beat up Obama

On DNCTV, I am waiting to watch Chirs Matthews and Keith Overbite dismiss her win, and play the race card about 30 times during the night

retiredman
05-13-2008, 08:23 AM

a clear indication of how irrelevant WV really is to the national race.

red states rule
05-13-2008, 08:24 AM
a clear indication of how irrelevant WV really is to the national race.

and how irrelevant your boy is to WV

Classact
05-13-2008, 08:26 AM
Obama has given up on WV. I would love to see Hillary by 30 or 40 points. It will help keep her in the race, and allow her to beat up Obama

On DNCTV, I am waiting to watch Chirs Matthews and Keith Overbite dismiss her win, and play the race card about 30 times during the nightI predict Hillary will win by 75-25% take a look at this poll and the undecided will go to her. http://www.pollster.com/08-WV-Dem-Pres-Primary.php

red states rule
05-13-2008, 08:28 AM
I predict Hillary will win by 75-25% take a look at this poll and the undecided will go to her. http://www.pollster.com/08-WV-Dem-Pres-Primary.php

I hope you are right. With a win that big she can raise more money, and make a better case to the SD's

Classact
05-13-2008, 08:36 AM
I hope you are right. With a win that big she can raise more money, and make a better case to the SD'sHillary is going to win the nomination and destroy the Democratic Party. It starts tonight and continues in KY... there she will certainly do almost as well as WV then onto PR where she will regain the popular vote. PR has 2.4 million voters and they are over 60% for her.

retiredman
05-13-2008, 08:38 AM
and how irrelevant your boy is to WV

do you really think he was counting on WV in November? :laugh2:

red states rule
05-13-2008, 08:38 AM
Hillary is going to win the nomination and destroy the Democratic Party. It starts tonight and continues in KY... there she will certainly do almost as well as WV then onto PR where she will regain the popular vote. PR has 2.4 million voters and they are over 60% for her.

I do not think Hilary will win - but it would be great to see the Dems core voting block to be pissed off at them

Jesse and Al would hit the streets of Denver and it would be fun to watch the Dem party implode

red states rule
05-13-2008, 08:39 AM
do you really think he was counting on WV in November? :laugh2:

I am sure he would love the 5 electoral votes.

The war will go on, Hillary will be able to stay in, and Barry will continue to bumble and stumble around

retiredman
05-13-2008, 08:43 AM
I am sure he would love the 5 electoral votes.

The war will go on, Hillary will be able to stay in, and Barry will continue to bumble and stumble around

I am sure he'd love the electoral votes of Oklahoma too.... that wasn't my question. why did you dodge it?

red states rule
05-13-2008, 08:44 AM
I am sure he'd love the electoral votes of Oklahoma too.... that wasn't my question. why did you dodge it?

Not dodging it

Obama has already gave up on WV - and he probably has for the general election

I guess he still has a problem with those rural voters

Classact
05-13-2008, 08:47 AM
I do not think Hilary will win - but it would be great to see the Dems core voting block to be pissed off at them

Jesse and Al would hit the streets of Denver and it would be fun to watch the Dem party implode
I was watching AC 360 last night and they showed a electoral map that showed Obama will lose if he cannot carry WV in the fall. Hillary is going to seat 50 states and have an overwhelming lead in popular vote... she has all the big states. Gov. Richardson should keep the aspirin handy because he is finished if Hillary gets it.

red states rule
05-13-2008, 08:49 AM
I was watching AC 360 last night and they showed a electoral map that showed Obama will lose if he cannot carry WV in the fall. Hillary is going to seat 50 states and have an overwhelming lead in popular vote... she has all the big states. Gov. Richardson should keep the aspirin handy because he is finished if Hillary gets it.

If that is the case, they better put Ms Obama in a straight jacket. She will flip out over racist America and the Dem party bosses if hubby does not win it all

I guess she will go back to NOT being proud of her country then

retiredman
05-13-2008, 08:50 AM
Not dodging it

Obama has already gave up on WV - and he probably has for the general election

I guess he still has a problem with those rural voters

just like republicans have problems with black voters... and feminist voters...

America is not demographically homogenous.

WV is Clinton country... and it's McCain country. I am sure that McCain will win many states like WV in the fall.

red states rule
05-13-2008, 08:53 AM
just like republicans have problems with black voters... and feminist voters...

America is not demographically homogenous.

WV is Clinton country... and it's McCain country. I am sure that McCain will win many states like WV in the fall.

More of the usual crap when libs lose. The voters are racists, sexists, or are stupid - or all three

That attitude is what suck your boy in PA, and will in November

Classact
05-13-2008, 09:03 AM
If that is the case, they better put Ms Obama in a straight jacket. She will flip out over racist America and the Dem party bosses if hubby does not win it all

I guess she will go back to NOT being proud of her country thenWell I hope the White House never gets painted red, black and green and I see Ms. Obama that would put a statue of Malcom X in the rose garden.

Blacks are so blind in their support for Obama, he is and always has been against the war, duh. He wants to stay in Iraq... Hillary want out of Iraq right now. The Congressional Black caucus wants out of Iraq NOW! Watch the war funding debate this and next week. If Hillary wins the nomination the blacks will support her after they burn down two or there of their neighborhoods.

red states rule
05-13-2008, 09:07 AM
Well I hope the White House never gets painted red, black and green and I see Ms. Obama that would put a statue of Malcom X in the rose garden.

Blacks are so blind in their support for Obama, he is and always has been against the war, duh. He wants to stay in Iraq... Hillary want out of Iraq right now. The Congressional Black caucus wants out of Iraq NOW! Watch the war funding debate this and next week. If Hillary wins the nomination the blacks will support her after they burn down two or there of their neighborhoods.

Wright would head the Civil Rights Council, Jesse Jackson as the AG, and Rev Al as WH Press Sec

Barry does have the backing of Hamas - it shows you who the terrorists are afraid of

retiredman
05-13-2008, 09:08 AM
More of the usual crap when libs lose. The voters are racists, sexists, or are stupid - or all three

That attitude is what suck your boy in PA, and will in November

time will tell, RSR.... you are not all that skilled as a prognosticator.

Obama will win some states...McCain will win some states...and at the end of the evening, we'll tally up EC votes and see who wins, eh?

red states rule
05-13-2008, 09:09 AM
time will tell, RSR.... you are not all that skilled as a prognosticator.

Obama will win some states...McCain will win some states...and at the end of the evening, we'll tally up EC votes and see who wins, eh?

and when Barry loses, libs will rant about racist America, how the election was stolen, and how Barry was to intellignet for the voters

retiredman
05-13-2008, 09:16 AM
and when Barry loses, libs will rant about racist America, how the election was stolen, and how Barry was to intellignet for the voters

and when he wins, what will you say?:laugh2:

red states rule
05-13-2008, 09:19 AM
and when he wins, what will you say?:laugh2:

People want to go back in history and live through the Pres Peanut Carter days once again

retiredman
05-13-2008, 09:23 AM
People want to go back in history and live through the Pres Peanut Carter days once again

that's your opinion.

I disagree.

red states rule
05-13-2008, 09:27 AM
that's your opinion.

I disagree.

Based on the results of the Reid and Pelosi Congress, why not have that outlook

Look at what Dems have done to lower gas prices, fix Medicare and Social Security, cutting spending and pork, and working 5 days per week as they promised

Yep, like your boy, tjhey promised change and so far the voters are waiting for the change

PostmodernProphet
05-13-2008, 09:28 AM

first we'll have to tally up some votes and see if it's Obama or Clinton that has to win states from McCain.....

Classact
05-13-2008, 09:30 AM
that's your opinion.

I disagree.The US Senate is debating the Democratic No Energy Energy bill right now on C-SPAN2 and it is a knee slapper. The American people are not stupid, dreamers and wishers but when they wake up to the Democrat energy plan it will be over! Cars don't run on hope.

red states rule
05-13-2008, 09:30 AM
first we'll have to tally up some votes and see if it's Obama or Clinton that has to win states from McCain.....

The voters will not decide the race. The party hacks in the Dem party will make that chocie for the voters

You see, the party hacks do not trust their own voters to make the correct decision, so they created the SD's

retiredman
05-13-2008, 09:35 AM

no doubt. we do not have a nominee yet.

retiredman
05-13-2008, 09:38 AM
Based on the results of the Reid and Pelosi Congress, why not have that outlook

Look at what Dems have done to lower gas prices, fix Medicare and Social Security, cutting spending and pork, and working 5 days per week as they promised

Yep, like your boy, tjhey promised change and so far the voters are waiting for the change

blah blah blah.

you are a broken record, RSR... America ain't buyin' it.

red states rule
05-13-2008, 09:41 AM
blah blah blah.

you are a broken record, RSR... America ain't buyin' it.

Being a liberal hack you should be able to tell all of us what your party has done to address thos issues

When did Dems offer bills to solve those issues? After all, the did promise to solve them in 2006

retiredman
05-13-2008, 09:44 AM
Being a liberal hack you should be able to tell all of us what your party has done to address thos issues

When did Dems offer bills to solve those issues? After all, the did promise to solve them in 2006

they offered many pieces of legislation, but with only 49 democrats in the senate, cloture got in the way. that will change in november.

red states rule
05-13-2008, 09:45 AM
they offered many pieces of legislation, but with only 49 democrats in the senate, cloture got in the way. that will change in november.

As someone else is famous for :link:

retiredman
05-13-2008, 09:46 AM
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/mood_of_america/trust_on_issues/trust_on_issues

like I said...America ain't buyin' your bullshit, RSR.:lol:

red states rule
05-13-2008, 09:47 AM
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/mood_of_america/trust_on_issues/trust_on_issues

like I said...America ain't buyin' your bullshit, RSR.:lol:

Still waiting for all thise bill your do nothing Cingress has presented

Meanwhile the Dem Congress is looking up at Pres Bush's approval rating. They are about 10 points lower

retiredman
05-13-2008, 09:54 AM
Still waiting for all thise bill your do nothing Cingress has presented

Meanwhile the Dem Congress is looking up at Pres Bush's approval rating. They are about 10 points lower

and yet america trusts democrats over republicans on ALL the important issues.

how do you explain that?

oh...

http://www.speaker.gov/legislation?id=0037

http://democrats.senate.gov/agenda/

study those a while:laugh2:

red states rule
05-13-2008, 09:56 AM
and yet america trusts democrats over republicans on ALL the important issues.

how do you explain that?

oh...

http://www.speaker.gov/legislation?id=0037

http://democrats.senate.gov/agenda/

study those a while:laugh2:

So billions in new taxes on oil comanies will lower the price at the pump?
Is that all you have?

So Dems want to surrender in Iraq - that is not new

Yes, I was impressed with all those new ideas the Dems offered

BTW, where was the Dems soultion to Medicare and SS? I must have missed that bill

retiredman
05-13-2008, 09:57 AM
So billions in new taxes on oil comanies will lower the price at the pump?
Is that all you have?

So Dems want to surrende rin Iraq - that is not new

Yes, I was impressed with all those new ideas the Dems offered

and yet, Americans trust democrats on all ten key issues.

when will you explain that?

red states rule
05-13-2008, 10:01 AM
and yet, Americans trust democrats on all ten key issues.

when will you explain that?

When Barry and the Dems try to sell trillions in new taxes, $900 billion in new spending, goodies for illegals, the numbers will change

While Dems will probably keep the House and Senate, the voters wil not go with another tax and spend lib in Barry

We will have gridlock, which is always good

Still looking for the Dems answer to lower gas prices, Medicare, and SS?

retiredman
05-13-2008, 10:07 AM
When Barry and the Dems try to sell trillions in new taxes, $900 billion in new spending, goodies for illegals, the numbers will change

While Dems will probably keep the House and Senate, the voters wil not go with another tax and spend lib in Barry

We will have gridlock, which is always good

Still looking for the Dems answer to lower gas prices, Medicare, and SS?

and AGAIN...your prognostications about how Americans will react in the future have been pretty weak thus far. You were the guy who thought Rudy was the answer for the Republican party (although your support for Rudy over Tancredo and Hunter, given your hardcore conservative credentials never made any sense). You were the guy who thought Hillary would run away with the nomination. I think one could make a fair amount of money betting against your prognostications.... of course...they would have to make their money betting with someone else, because YOU welch on YOUR bets! :laugh2:

I posted our legislative initiatives. you are free to read them.

red states rule
05-13-2008, 10:11 AM
and AGAIN...your prognostications about how Americans will react in the future have been pretty weak thus far. You were the guy who thought Rudy was the answer for the Republican party (although your support for Rudy over Tancredo and Hunter, given your hardcore conservative credentials never made any sense). You were the guy who thought Hillary would run away with the nomination. I think one could make a fair amount of money betting against your prognostications.... of course...they would have to make their money betting with someone else, because YOU welch on YOUR bets! :laugh2:

I posted our legislative initiatives. you are free to read them.

Most of America are not politcal hacks like you who love to see governemnt grow and expand

Your failure to present bills that back up your parties promises made in 2006 tell me all I need to know

Should Barry get in, libs will overplay their hand as they did with Peanut Carter. The bad results do not matter to you - only political power for the Dem party. What happens to America never enters your mind

With you it is always party above all else

retiredman
05-13-2008, 10:17 AM
Most of America are not politcal hacks like you who love to see governemnt grow and expand

Your failure to present bills that back up your parties promises made in 2006 tell me all I need to know

Should Barry get in, libs will overplay their hand as they did with Peanut Carter. The bad results do not matter to you - only political power for the Dem party. What happens to America never enters your mind

With you it is always party above all else

again...prognostications from a demonstrably terrible prognosticator!

Why do Americans trust democrats on ALL the key issues in their lives?

hmmmmmm

red states rule
05-13-2008, 10:22 AM
again...prognostications from a demonstrably terrible prognosticator!

Why do Americans trust democrats on ALL the key issues in their lives?

hmmmmmm

If Dems are doing so well in your poll, why does Barry have only a 4 point avg lead over McCain?

He should be up by double digits by your standards

Nice dodge on my previous post BTW

GW in Ohio
05-13-2008, 10:24 AM
If Dems are doing so well in your poll, why does Barry have only a 4 point avg lead over McCain?

When Obama can stop fighting a war on two fronts and concentrate on McCain, he will leave that old man in the dust.

You don't even have to campaign against McCain. Just let him talk and articulate his positions on the issues. Voters will drop him like a bad habit.

retiredman
05-13-2008, 10:27 AM

And here you said that polls eight months out meant nothing. make up your mind!

You would think that a naval academy graduate, war hero, former POW, with a long record of public service would be whipping the shit out of a young first term black senator, wouldn't you?:lol:

I gave you links to our legislative agenda. you can read, can't you?

now...why don't you explain why Americans trust Democrats more than republicans on ALL the key issues: even taxes and national security?

red states rule
05-13-2008, 10:28 AM
When Obama can stop fighting a war on two fronts and concentrate on McCain, he will leave that old man in the dust.

You don't even have to campaign against McCain. Just let him talk and articulate his positions on the issues. Voters will drop him like a bad habit.

I am waiting to see Barry sell $2 trillion in new taxes, $900 billion in new federal spending, drivers license, health care, and in state tuition for illegals, war on US corporations, and surrender to terrorists

Yes, it will be interesting to see how he will close that sale with a majority of Americans

Then he will have to explain Wright, Ayers, and Resko; and tell us how his judgemnent and credibility is not harmed

red states rule
05-13-2008, 10:29 AM
And here you said that polls eight months out meant nothing. make up your mind!

You would think that a naval academy graduate, war hero, former POW, with a long record of public service would be whipping the shit out of a young first term black senator, wouldn't you?:lol:

I gave you links to our legislative agenda. you can read, can't you?

now...why don't you explain why Americans trust Democrats more than republicans on ALL the key issues: even taxes and national security?

The 4 point avg is the results of all polls taken now as well as the diaiy tracking polls

So when a poll goes your way you want to talk about it - but when it goes against you - you want to dismiss it

Your "agenda" was more hot air and promises - nothing has been presented on the floor of Congress to adress the above issues

retiredman
05-13-2008, 10:31 AM
I am waiting to see Barry sell $2 trillion in new taxes, $900 billion in new federal spending, drivers license, health care, and in state tuition for illegals, war on US corporations, and surrender to terrorists

Yes, it will be interesting to see how he will close that sale with a majority of Americans

Then he will have to explain Wright, Ayers, and Resko; and tell us how his judgemnent and credibility is not harmed

the interesting thing is....Obama has already been pretty much innoculated against any real damage about Wright et. al.... and Obama will be touting the democratic party platform...and, according to Rasmussen, Americans trust democrats on ALL the key issues. Obama might not impress YOU, RSR, but he'll do fine with the vast majority of americans.

retiredman
05-13-2008, 10:32 AM
The 4 point avg is the results of all polls taken now as well as the diaiy tracking polls

So when a poll goes your way you want to talk about it - but when it goes against you - you want to dismiss it

Your "agenda" was more hot air and promises - nothing has been presented on the floor of Congress to adress the above issues

I don't dismiss any polls. Obama is fighting a two front war right now and he is STILL leading McCain. When he can focus all of HIS efforts, and the democratic party organization can focus all THEIR efforts on McCain alone, that number will most certainly rise.

red states rule
05-13-2008, 10:34 AM
the interesting thing is....Obama has already been pretty much innoculated against any real damage about Wright et. al.... and Obama will be touting the democratic party platform...and, according to Rasmussen, Americans trust democrats on ALL the key issues. Obama might not impress YOU, RSR, but he'll do fine with the vast majority of americans.

What a liar you are. Wright cost him in PA and IN. Even Dems said he tossed Wright under the bus for political reasons

The Wright controversy has been especially problematic for Obama's campaign because it has helped shape Americans' emerging assessments of the candidate. In the USA TODAY survey:

• Obama's unfavorable rating climbs to a new high, 37%. His negative rating among independents, usually the swing voters in national elections, jumped from 27% in February to 36% now.

Even so, Obama's favorable-unfavorable rating of 58%-37% remains more positive than Clinton's 52%-45%. McCain's standing is the strongest of all: 62% favorable-30% unfavorable.

• One in four Americans who are following the controversy say their "best guess" is that Obama agrees with Wright's views, even though the senator has said repeatedly he finds them offensive and wrong.

• Obama has lost the 8-point advantage he held over Clinton in February as someone who "shares your values." Clinton has a 5-point edge among Democrats and Democratic-leaning independents.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/election2008/2008-05-04-obama_N.htm

red states rule
05-13-2008, 10:35 AM
I don't dismiss any polls. Obama is fighting a two front war right now and he is STILL leading McCain. When he can focus all of HIS efforts, and the democratic party organization can focus all THEIR efforts on McCain alone, that number will most certainly rise.

His lead in within the margin of error - but don't the facts bother you

They never do

retiredman
05-13-2008, 10:38 AM
His lead in within the margin of error - but don't the facts bother you

They never do

go look at the graphs at RCP and see the trend....McCain is slumping badly and both democrats are rising. Imagine when it is only one. the old man is toast.... and Bob Barr will help hold him under....you should be voting for Barr as a muscular conservative, eh??

and when will you ever address the FACTS presented by Rasmussen that show that the American people trust democrats more than republicans on ALL the key issues that matter to them?

red states rule
05-13-2008, 10:41 AM
go look at the grapps at RCP and see the trend....McCain is slumping badly and both democrats are rising. Imagine when it is only one. the old man is toast.... and Bob Barr will help hold him under....you should be voting for Barr as a muscular conservative, eh??

and when will you ever address the FACTS presented by Rasmussen that show that the American people trust democrats more than republicans on ALL the key issues that matter to them?

and Nader will take votes from Barry

I have said the Dems will probably keep the House and Senate

BArry will have a hard time closing the sale with the voters when he has to defend his tax and spend liberal policies

retiredman
05-13-2008, 10:42 AM
and NAder will take votes from Barry

I have said the Dems will probably keep the House and Senate

BArry will have a hard time closing the sale with the voters when he has to defend his tax and spend liberal policies

prognostications from a demonstrably poor prognosticator.

red states rule
05-13-2008, 10:45 AM
prognostications from a demonstrably poor prognosticator.

I have dumbass

You are ducking the poll that exposed you as a liar when you said Wright did not hurt your boy

retiredman
05-13-2008, 10:52 AM
I have dumbass

You are ducking the poll that exposed you as a liar when you said Wright did not hurt your boy

No. you haven't. YOu have NOT explained why Americans trust democrats more than republicans on all the key issues. Please explain.

I am ducking nothing. I have said that, IMHO, Obama has inocculated himself against any Wright damage in the general election. Wright will be very old news by the time the general election campaign gets rolling.

and don't call me a liar.

red states rule
05-13-2008, 10:54 AM
No. you haven't. YOu have NOT explained why Americans trust democrats more than republicans on all the key issues. Please explain.

I am ducking nothing. I have said that, IMHO, Obama has inocculated himself against any Wright damage in the general election. Wright will be very old news by the time the general election campaign gets rolling.

and don't call me a liar.

What a moonbat you are. You can trot out all the polls you agree with,, but dismiss one that blows your wrinkled ass out of the water

Keep drinking the Scotch and Kool Aid MFM, maybe you will sleep thriugh election night and blame racists for Barry's loss and your hangover

retiredman
05-13-2008, 10:57 AM
What a moonbat you are. You can trot out all the polls you agree with,, but dismiss one that blows your wrinkled ass out of the water

Keep drinking the Scotch and Kool Aid MFM, maybe you will sleep thriugh election night and blame racists for Barry's loss and your hangover

what polls show continued damage from Wright fallout? Obama's numbers have been going UP.

When will YOU ever explain why Americans trust democrats more than republicans on ALL the key issues?

red states rule
05-13-2008, 10:59 AM
what polls show continued damage from Wright fallout? Obama's numbers have been going UP.

When will YOU ever explain why Americans trust democrats more than republicans on ALL the key issues?

Keep living in your dream world - it is better then facing reality

Barry explaining Wright

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MKgp3bxY5EU&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MKgp3bxY5EU&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

retiredman
05-13-2008, 12:03 PM
I fully understand that Wright hurt Obama. If you examine polling data and trends, however, you will be forced to admit that he has weathered that storm and has gained on Clinton AND McCain in the wake of it. By the fall, Wright will be old news and will not have as significant an impact as you would hope.

Now again...can you PLEASE explain to me why the American people trust MY party over YOUR party on every key issue faciing our country?

red states rule
05-13-2008, 12:05 PM
I fully understand that Wright hurt Obama. If you examine polling data and trends, however, you will be forced to admit that he has weathered that storm and has gained on Clinton AND McCain in the wake of it. By the fall, Wright will be old news and will not have as significant an impact as you would hope.

Now again...can you PLEASE explain to me why the American people trust MY party over YOUR party on every key issue faciing our country?

and Barry's never ending apologies do not seem to be helping him

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fm4VtqKM6zI&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fm4VtqKM6zI&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Lets see the polls when your boy tries to spin those tax and spend policies

retiredman
05-13-2008, 12:08 PM
and Barry's never ending apologies do not seem to be helping him

Lets see the polls when your boy tries to spin those tax and spend policies

as polling shows, he has rebounded from the Wright issue.... but fine... we'll see what those polls do in the future.

Now again...can you PLEASE explain to me why the American people trust MY party over YOUR party on every key issue faciing our country? Why are you so afraid to answer that question???

Yurt
05-13-2008, 12:21 PM
as polling shows, he has rebounded from the Wright issue.... but fine... we'll see what those polls do in the future.

Now again...can you PLEASE explain to me why the American people trust MY party over YOUR party on every key issue faciing our country? Why are you so afraid to answer that question???

he can't because your premise is false....there are plenty of americans who do not trust the dems more, your poll (who knows how 'valid') simply showed more americans trust the dems than they do the GOP on certain generic issues.

While voters tend to prefer Democrats over Republicans on a generic basis, John McCain consistently outperforms the GOP brand. In fact, polling shows that he is trusted more than either Barack Obama or Hillary Clinton on key issues such as the economy and national security.

retiredman
05-13-2008, 12:25 PM
he can't because your premise is false....there are plenty of americans who do not trust the dems more, your poll (who knows how 'valid') simply showed more americans trust the dems than they do the GOP on certain generic issues.

dismissing polls that don't go your way as not "valid". how novel.

Yurt
05-13-2008, 12:40 PM
dismissing polls that don't go your way as not "valid". how novel.

LOL, you completely ignore where i proved your premise wrong...and i did not dismiss it, i merely questioned it :poke:

retiredman
05-13-2008, 12:42 PM
LOL, you completely ignore where i proved your premise wrong...and i did not dismiss it, i merely questioned it :poke:

you didn't prove anything. you played yor typical "angels on the head of pin" word game.

did you READ the Rasmussen article?:poke::poke::poke:

oh...and did I say: :poke::poke::poke:

Yurt
05-13-2008, 12:55 PM
you didn't prove anything. you played yor typical "angels on the head of pin" word game.

did you READ the Rasmussen article?:poke::poke::poke:

oh...and did I say: :poke::poke::poke:

you are a moron, do doubt...that part about mccain leading on key issues was from the report genius...and the report clearly showed that there are americans that trust the GOP more, all the report showed was that "more" americans apparently trust the dems...

did you read the report?

While voters tend to prefer Democrats over Republicans on a generic basis, John McCain consistently outperforms the GOP brand. In fact, polling shows that he is trusted more than either Barack Obama or Hillary Clinton on key issues such as the economy and national security.

also the report is not stats set in stone, you will see that ealier this year the GOP held a favorable lead in some issues as copared to dems, who knows, people are fickle and the GOP might again be in the lead according to this ONE report.

retiredman
05-13-2008, 01:29 PM
did you HONESTLY think that I was implying or suggesting absolute unanimity of thought on the part of the American people when I asked RSR that question? I was asking the leader of the "democrats are horrible for america and everyone knows it" coalition on DP if he could explain the Rasmussen report which would seem to indicate the opposite.

How many angels do YOU think can dance on the head of a pin, yurt?

I tell you what: you count them...I'll go play golf and when I come back you will have the number for me.:laugh2:

GW in Ohio
05-13-2008, 01:43 PM
did you HONESTLY think that I was implying or suggesting absolute unanimity of thought on the part of the American people when I asked RSR that question? I was asking the leader of the "democrats are horrible for america and everyone knows it" coalition on DP if he could explain the Rasmussen report which would seem to indicate the opposite.

I tell you what: you count them...I'll go play golf and when I come back you will have the number for me.:laugh2:

man from maine: Do you ever get a headache from dealing with these people?

red states rule
05-13-2008, 02:20 PM
man from maine: Do you ever get a headache from dealing with these people?

He uses Preparation H to treat those headaches

Yurt
05-13-2008, 02:34 PM

glad you were finally able to clarify that....with you, one never knows and isn't it interesting that mccain leads on the KEY issues and not your dems

Yurt
05-13-2008, 03:42 PM
what's truly ironic mfm, is your the guy that accused me of stating i was in vietnam when you know full well am not old enough. talk about hypocritical and disingenuous...

i'm sure the only birdies you see on the golf course are other golfers "scratching" their nose at you...

retiredman
05-13-2008, 09:13 PM
glad you were finally able to clarify that....with you, one never knows and isn't it interesting that mccain leads on the KEY issues and not your dems

it IS interesting. It will be more interesting to see how the voting public lines up once the democrats have ONE candidate instead of two.

And I actually had a birdie this afternoon. I chipped in from just off the green on a 164 yard par 3. Score for nine was a disappointing 41, however.

theHawk
05-13-2008, 10:18 PM
Well, Barry just had his ASS handed to him in WV. Apparently not all white folks, even democratic ones, are buying into his bullshit.

Care to explain why 51% of DEMOCRATS in WV say Obama is not honest?

red states rule
05-14-2008, 05:31 AM
Well, Barry just had his ASS handed to him in WV. Apparently not all white folks, even democratic ones, are buying into his bullshit.

Care to explain why 51% of DEMOCRATS in WV say Obama is not honest?

Barry did get his ass kicked ass kicked last night. A 39% point win and once again, Barry lost keu voter blocks

Obama supporters like MFM will dismiss this loss, and the liberal media is in full damage control

At DNCTV, Chris Matthews (their MFM) said this

MSNBC: Hillary the 'Al Sharpton of White People,' Obama the 'New Breeze'
By Brad Wilmouth | May 14, 2008 - 06:17 ET

During MSNBC's coverage of Tuesday's West Virginia Democratic primary, Chris Matthews three times compared Hillary Clinton to Al Sharpton because she recently cited her popularity with white blue-collar voters as a reason she should be the Democratic nominee. Matthews: "It's almost like she's the Al Sharpton of white people." Keith Olbermann claimed that media coverage of the Democratic campaign has been fair, but still conceded that "if the media leaned at any point early on in this race, it was not against [Clinton], but towards her." Matthews contradicted Olbermann in contending that, similar to the way Bill Clinton in 1992 had "a tremendous wind at his back in terms of press coverage because of generation," this time Barack Obama "has benefitted from being the new breeze."

At about 6:09 p.m., Matthews jokingly made a prophesy about Hillary Clinton he would himself soon fulfill: "You know, I think if Hillary Clinton says the word 'white' one more time, she's going to be accused of being the Al Sharpton of white people."

http://www.newsbusters.org/

retiredman
05-14-2008, 06:08 AM
Clearly, working class West Virginians preferred Hillary. She has her core constituencies and Obama has his. The real question will be whether both those groups of core constituencies will prefer four more years of George Bush policies in November.

I believe that, regardless of what polls today might suggest, Americans who consider themselves democrats don't want more republican rule and they will vote to elect the democratic candidate, whoever that might be.

red states rule
05-14-2008, 06:13 AM
Clearly, working class West Virginians preferred Hillary. She has her core constituencies and Obama has his. The real question will be whether both those groups of core constituencies will prefer four more years of George Bush policies in November.

I believe that, regardless of what polls today might suggest, Americans who consider themselves democrats don't want more republican rule and they will vote to elect the democratic candidate, whoever that might be.

Working class whites are not for Barry - and that will sink his ass in November. Amaznf how the left loved McCain up to the very second he got the nomination

For years the liberal media and Dems praised McCain for opposing Pres Bush - now they have taken out their knives and did a 180 on their McCain talking points

retiredman
05-14-2008, 06:19 AM
Working class whites are not for Barry - and that will sink his ass in November. Amaznf how the left loved McCain up to the very second he got the nomination

For years the liberal media and Dems praised McCain for opposing Pres Bush - now they have taken out their knives and did a 180 on their McCain talking points

McCain has completely supported Bush on the issues that really matter to democrats. Our nominee - Clinton OR Obama - will make that case and working class whites will listen, IMHO.

red states rule
05-14-2008, 06:23 AM
McCain has completely supported Bush on the issues that really matter to democrats. Our nominee - Clinton OR Obama - will make that case and working class whites will listen, IMHO.

So what happened to all that liberal love and affection he was getting. Seems he lost it at the exact moment he got the nomination

McCain must be shaking his head in disbelief

Yea, he wants to defeat terrorists and let people keep more of the money they earn. Those beliefs are strongly opposed by the Dems

retiredman
05-14-2008, 06:30 AM
So what happened to all that liberal love and affection he was getting. Seems he lost it at the exact moment he got the nomination

McCain must be shaking his head in disbelief

Yea, he wants to defeat terrorists and let people keep more of the money they earn. Those beliefs are strongly opposed by the Dems

McCain's problems with the left started when he let Bush slime him in South Carolina in 2000 and then stood up and asked for another dose. He lost me then.... he really lost me with his slavish support for the war in Iraq.

I still admire him and honor his service to our nation. I just don't want him to be our next president.

I, too, want to defeat terrorists. I just happen to believe that continuing the occupation of Iraq is not the way to do it.

red states rule
05-14-2008, 06:33 AM
McCain's problems with the left started when he let Bush slime him in South Carolina in 2000 and then stood up and asked for another dose. He lost me then.... he really lost me with his slavish support for the war in Iraq.

I still admire him and honor his service to our nation. I just don't want him to be our next president.

I, too, want to defeat terrorists. I just happen to believe that continuing the occupation of Iraq is not the way to do it.

Bullshit. The Dems and liberal meida praised him on opposing the Bush tax cuts, global warming BS, amnesity for illegals - things Dems agreeded with him on

I know Dems, and I knew they would turn on him in a NY minute when he got the nomination

Dems are for surrender and appeasement, that is why the terrorists are backing your candidates

retiredman
05-14-2008, 06:39 AM
Bullshit. The Dems and liberal meida praised him on opposing the Bush tax cuts, global warming BS, amnesity for illegals - things Dems agreeded with him on

I know Dems, and I knew they would turn on him in a NY minute when he got the nomination

Dems are for surrender and appeasement, that is why the terrorists are backing your candidates

McCain is certainly a step in the right direction from Bush on certain issues. no doubt. It is good news to think that regardless of who wins, the environment wins.

As I have said all along: I am mostly concerned about the Iraq war, and I deeply concerned about the supreme court. McCain will do the wrong things on both those issues IMHO.

red states rule
05-14-2008, 06:43 AM
McCain is certainly a step in the right direction from Bush on certain issues. no doubt. It is good news to think that regardless of who wins, the environment wins.

As I have said all along: I am mostly concerned about the Iraq war, and I deeply concerned about the supreme court. McCain will do the wrong things on both those issues IMHO.

When people find out how much the global warming bullshit wil cost them - they may have something to say about it

Libs and McCain believe the government can;t stop illegals from flooding into the US by building a fence, but they believe spending billions will change the Earth's climate

Liberal logic at its "best" Foregt the fact the temp Earth;'s temp has not changed in the last 10 years

Again, winning the war and appointing Judges who rule based on the law and the US Constitution are things libs like you are opposed to

We get it MFM

retiredman
05-14-2008, 06:55 AM
When people find out how much the global warming bullshit wil cost them - they may have something to say about it

Libs and McCain believe the government can;t stop illegals from flooding into the US by building a fence, but they believe spending billions will change the Earth's climate

Liberal logic at its "best" Foregt the fact the temp Earth;'s temp has not changed in the last 10 years

Again, winning the war and appointing Judges who rule based on the law and the US Constitution are things libs like you are opposed to

We get it MFM

global warming will be addressed by the next administration. that seems to be a foregone conclusion at this point.

I am for winning the war against islamic extremism, RSR. I really am. I am every bit as patriotic as you and equally fervent in my desire to see our country safe from our enemies who would harm us.

We have different views as to the overriding philosophy of governance.

red states rule
05-14-2008, 06:59 AM
global warming will be addressed by the next administration. that seems to be a foregone conclusion at this point.

I am for winning the war against islamic extremism, RSR. I really am. I am every bit as patriotic as you and equally fervent in my desire to see our country safe from our enemies who would harm us.

Yes. an issue that does not exist, and billions will be wasted on it. Typical of our government and how they spend our tax dollars. There is no solid proof it exists, but billions will be wasted anyway

As far as your desire to win the war against terrorists - We all know where you really stand

retiredman
05-14-2008, 07:03 AM
Yes. an issue that does not exist, and billions will be wasted on it. Typical of our government and how they spend our tax dollars. There is no solid proof it exists, but billions will be wasted anyway

As far as your desire to win the war against terrorists - We all know where you really stand

it sucks to have lost the global warming debate, doesn't it? Our government will begin to actually address it in 2009 regardless of you and Hannity and Rush and all of the nay-sayers and your whining.

I DO want to win the war against islamic extremism and anyone who has taken the time to read what I have written knows that.

I do not believe that babysitting Iraqis in hopes that they will decide to want to form a multicultural democracy is the most effective way to deal with islamic extremism.

red states rule
05-14-2008, 07:06 AM
it sucks to have lost the global warming debate, doesn't it? Our government will begin to actually address it in 2009 regardless of you and Hannity and Rush and all of the nay-sayers and your whining.

I DO want to win the war against islamic extremism and anyone who has taken the time to read what I have written knows that.

I do not believe that babysitting Iraqis in hopes that they will decide to want to form a multicultural democracy is the most effective way to deal with islamic extremism.

Lost? Where is the solid proof it exists?

Weather Channel Founder: Global Warming ‘Greatest Scam in History’
By Noel Sheppard | November 7, 2007 - 18:58 ET

If the founder of The Weather Channel spoke out strongly against the manmade global warming myth, might media members notice?

We're going to find out the answer to that question soon, for John Coleman wrote an article published at ICECAP Wednesday that should certainly garner attention from press members -- assuming journalism hasn't been completely replaced by propagandist activism, that is.

Coleman marvelously began:

It is the greatest scam in history. I am amazed, appalled and highly offended by it. Global Warming; It is a SCAM. Some dastardly scientists with environmental and political motives manipulated long term scientific data to create in [sic] allusion of rapid global warming. Other scientists of the same environmental whacko type jumped into the circle to support and broaden the "research" to further enhance the totally slanted, bogus global warming claims. Their friends in government steered huge research grants their way to keep the movement going. Soon they claimed to be a consensus.

Environmental extremists, notable politicians among them, then teamed up with movie, media and other liberal, environmentalist journalists to create this wild "scientific" scenario of the civilization threatening environmental consequences from Global Warming unless we adhere to their radical agenda. Now their ridiculous manipulated science has been accepted as fact and become a cornerstone issue for CNN, CBS, NBC, the Democratic Political Party, the Governor of California, school teachers and, in many cases, well informed but very gullible environmental conscientious citizens. Only one reporter at ABC has been allowed to counter the Global Warming frenzy with one 15 minutes documentary segment.

I have read dozens of scientific papers. I have talked with numerous scientists. I have studied. I have thought about it. I know I am correct. There is no run away climate change. The impact of humans on climate is not catastrophic. Our planet is not in peril. I am incensed by the incredible media glamour, the politically correct silliness and rude dismissal of counter arguments by the high priest of Global Warming.

In time, a decade or two, the outrageous scam will be obvious.

As far as the war in Iraq, the only thing libs want is to surrender, stick their heads in the sand, and ignore the terrorists

retiredman
05-14-2008, 07:12 AM
1. global warming will be an agenda item for the next president and the democratic congress will support the next president in that effort. you lose.

2. you are wrong about democrat's approach to terrorists.

Republicans seems to think that if we concentrate all our efforts on forcing democracy down the throats of sunnis and shiites in Iraq, that the problem of islamic extremism in the world will magically go away. THAT is a dangerous and foolhardy philosophy.

Dilloduck
05-14-2008, 07:25 AM
1. global warming will be an agenda item for the next president and the democratic congress will support the next president in that effort. you lose.

2. you are wrong about democrat's approach to terrorists.

Republicans seems to think that if we concentrate all our efforts on forcing democracy down the throats of sunnis and shiites in Iraq, that the problem of islamic extremism in the world will magically go away. THAT is a dangerous and foolhardy philosophy.

Global warming has been a massive propaganda success. I'll give you that yet now that McCain has jumped on the bandwagon how is it going to be an issue. Both candidates are against it. It's a wash.

retiredman
05-14-2008, 07:31 AM
Global warming has been a massive propaganda success. I'll give you that yet now that McCain has jumped on the bandwagon how is it going to be an issue. Both candidates are against it. It's a wash.

I agree. Global warming will not be discussed in the november election. It WILL be dealt with in 2009 regardless of who wins. The nay sayers like RSR have lost.

theHawk
05-14-2008, 08:26 AM

You mean like the war, which Hillary supported as well. Opps that doesn't count.

Or the tax cut that McCain opposed. Opps that doesn't count either.

And by the way, Bush isn't running, the voters have to decide between Obam-bam and McCain. You can call it a Bush third term, we can call it a 2nd Carter term, its still just liberal policy versus moderate.

Gaffer
05-14-2008, 08:38 AM
The goal is to put a Bush face on McCain, defeat McCain in the election and call it a victory over Bush. If they can't beat the man then they will beat the effigy.

theHawk
05-14-2008, 09:06 AM

Well maybe you can explain how liberal foreign policy is going to win the war against Jihadists?
You want to return to Clinton foreign policy, where B.J. ignored all the attacks on our troops overseas and emboldened Osama to step up his attacks and plan 9/11? Clinton did nothing to defend our troops overseas and he his inactions lead to the deaths of many troops, like the 19 airmen that died at Khobar.

Or maybe you'd like to see us go back to the glory days of Peanut Carter, maybe Obama can recreate his crown achievement - the Iran Hostage Crisis, where his do nothing policies simply emboldened Islamists to take Americans hostage with no threat of reprecussions from Carter. And of course we all saw them quiver in fear and release the hostages as soon as a Republican with a backbone was sworn in.

Or maybe you'd like to see a return of Kennedy foreign policy, when a liberal President simply emboldened our enemies to park nukes off our coast and aim them at our cities. A policy where the idea of overthrowing a dictator is to send in a band of rebels with no backup against a vastly superior force so they can get slaughtered. And of course when the policy fails, just blame a bunch of CIA directors instead of holding the administration accountable. And of course there are his other crown achievements like involving the US in the Vietnam War, and allowing the Berlin Wall to be built.

Yup, I can't wait to see what Obama foreign policy is going to bring to the US. I'm sure he can turn things around for abysmal track record of liberal Presidents.

Abbey Marie
05-14-2008, 09:13 AM
The goal is to put a Bush face on McCain, defeat McCain in the election and call it a victory over Bush. If they can't beat the man then they will beat the effigy.

Very savvy observation, Gaffer.

glockmail
05-14-2008, 10:27 AM
Barry did get his ass kicked ass kicked last night. A 39% point win...

Hillary had some good points at her victory speech last night, like her ability to win swing states. I can see now why Barry is the weaker candidate for the Democrats.

Abbey Marie
05-14-2008, 10:29 AM
Hillary had some good points at her victory speech last night, like her ability to win swing states. I can see now why Barry is the weaker candidate for the Democrats.

The whole idea that she should drop out of the race, is a slap in the face of voters in any state that had not yet had their primary. It's about time voters in these states got a voice in who will be their nominee.

glockmail
05-14-2008, 10:41 AM
The whole idea that she should drop out of the race, is a slap in the face of voters in any state that had not yet had their primary. It's about time voters in these states got a voice in who will be their nominee.

The Republican voters in those states have been slapped in this election cycle, and the voters in both patries are routinely slapped in most election cycles. In fact this is the only election in my adult lifetime where I can recall that most states are actually privy to the democratic process.

Abbey Marie
05-14-2008, 10:46 AM
The Republican voters in those states have been slapped in this election cycle, and the voters in both patries are routinely slapped in most election cycles. In fact this is the only election in my adult lifetime where I can recall that most states are actually privy to the democratic process.

Absolutely true, Glock. That's the point. And they bitch and moan about it.

retiredman
05-14-2008, 10:49 AM

kinda like how Bush hung the cum stained dress in Al Gore's closet!

glockmail
05-14-2008, 10:56 AM
kinda like how Bush hung the cum stained dress in Al Gore's closet! Wow. Now its GWB's fault that Willie was a philanderer.

Gaffer
05-14-2008, 10:59 AM

Try again.

retiredman
05-14-2008, 11:11 AM
Try again.

why? my comment was accurate. Bush ran against the effigy of Clinton and his supposed sullying of the office of president.

chaining Bush to McCain's ankle is exactly the same thing.

red states rule
05-14-2008, 12:08 PM

Al Gore hung himself. Like Kerry, Gore had the habit of embelishing his record and was busted on it

retiredman
05-14-2008, 12:10 PM
Al Gore hung himself. Like Kerry, Gore had the habit of embelishing his record and was busted on it

are you suggesting that Bush did not make Clinton's sullying of the office of president a campaign issue in 2000?

yes or no

Trigg
05-14-2008, 12:12 PM
are you suggesting that Bush did not make Clinton's sullying of the office of president a campaign issue in 2000?

yes or no

Actually I don't remember him doing that.

:link:

Unlike the liberals who keep calling McCain, McBush or McSame.

red states rule
05-14-2008, 12:13 PM

yes or no

All I can remember Pres Bush saying in 2000 was he would restore honor and dignity to the WH

Mission Accomplished

Gore lied like hell, and got caught everytime

red states rule
05-15-2008, 07:24 PM
Great idea to help the Dems streamline their selection process

Hillary Takes West Virginia!
W-E-S-T-V-I-R-G-I-N-I-A spells "Landslide Victory" for Hillary and, as she aptly pointed out, no Democrat has ever lost West Virginia and won the White House. Obama may just as well end his frivolous campaign now, rather than divide the Big Tent even further than he already has. Sure, Obama is to be commended for somehow winning the most delegates, but Hillary has the White Vote, and that's all that matters.

In fact, I don't even know why we bother to hold primaries in the other states, especially states where brainwashed Blacks might vote against Hillary. Think of all the money the Democrat Party would save if we'd just let West Virginians pick our nominee every year. Specifically, uneducated White male West Virginians - the same people who were idiots when they voted for Bush but are now blue-collar, hard-working Americans who are ready for a change, and proud to call Robert Byrd their Senator and former Grand Dragon. It's those kind of decent, down to earth, Joe Sixpack voters that Democrats should be courting if we're to defeat Racist McSame this November.

http://blamebush.typepad.com/blamebush/2008/05/hillary-takes-w.html