PDA

View Full Version : Barry sorry for 'sweetie' comment.

theHawk
05-14-2008, 09:24 PM
Boy, this guy just can't help but talk down to people can he? And he's not supposed to be an elitist. :laugh2:

From CNN Ticker Producer Alexander Mooney

(CNN) – Barack Obama has personally apologized to a Michigan television reporter for referring to her as "sweetie" as she tried to ask a question.

The comment came earlier Wednesday when WXYZ reporter Peggy Agar asked Obama at a campaign stop, “How are you going to help the American auto workers?”

Obama told Agar to "hold on, sweetie," and said he would address that issue with her later. Agar said she never got an answer to her question

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

lol. "Now hold on sweetie! How dare you ask a direct question like that. I'll answer questions like that on my own time, not yours sweetie!!"

What an arrogant prick. Naturally, Barry Carter never even answered the question.

hjmick
05-14-2008, 09:27 PM
Heh, if I called someone other than my wife "sweetie" at the office, I'd probably be written up for sexual harassment and labeled a sexist!

Yurt
05-14-2008, 09:31 PM
come on, in some parts of this country...calling someone... sweetie is no big deal....

shiaiatte, i live on the central coast and women folk in paso call me sweetie...

hjmick
05-14-2008, 09:34 PM
Yeah, but things are different in the corporate world, fear of lawsuits has driven them to political correctness to the extreme. Fuckers.

stephanie
05-14-2008, 09:48 PM
All those women and men swooning over him has gone to his head..

I think he's really starting to believe he is a Messiah..:laugh2:

Yurt
05-14-2008, 09:53 PM
All those women and men swooning over him has gone to his head..

I think he's really starting to believe he is a Messiah..:laugh2:

huh? i think he first tripped on when he was 13

dread
05-14-2008, 09:58 PM
come on, in some parts of this country...calling someone... sweetie is no big deal....

shiaiatte, i live on the central coast and women folk in paso call me sweetie...

Depends on the tone. I have had people call me sweetie as a term of endearment. But usually when it is female saying that to another female it is coming from a patronizing standpoint. When it is said from one sex to the other sex then, in the workplace, you WILL get written up.

Yurt
05-14-2008, 10:45 PM
Depends on the tone. I have had people call me sweetie as a term of endearment. But usually when it is female saying that to another female it is coming from a patronizing standpoint. When it is said from one sex to the other sex then, in the workplace, you WILL get written up.

funny, i live on the west coast, heard, and when i went to the south with my dad as a 13 year old and the ladies called my sweetie........never forgot...loved it.

never had a guy say it though... maybe you should to MFM idol...

82Marine89
05-14-2008, 10:48 PM
Granted I grew up in New York, but to this day I call all women 'sweetheart'. The old ladies love it, the younger ones think I'm hitting on them.

hjmick
05-14-2008, 10:54 PM
...the younger ones think I'm hitting on them.

You're not?

82Marine89
05-14-2008, 11:00 PM
You're not?

Not the ugly ones. :laugh2:

dread
05-14-2008, 11:38 PM
Granted I grew up in New York, but to this day I call all women 'sweetheart'. The old ladies love it, the younger ones think I'm hitting on them.

And you use the term on the job as well?

manu1959
05-15-2008, 12:01 AM

you can't harrass the willing...........

dread
05-15-2008, 12:17 AM
you can't harrass the willing...........

Good point.

Let it be known from hence forth I loooove being called sweetie.

82Marine89
05-15-2008, 12:18 AM

I either call the girls at the office sweetheart or sunshine. I even call the HR manager sweetheart. It's never been an issue.

dread
05-15-2008, 12:55 AM
I either call the girls at the office sweetheart or sunshine. I even call the HR manager sweetheart. It's never been an issue.

Tread lightly...You never know when one of your girls will turn on you. And in Cali? Yikes! You must like living on the edge.

actsnoblemartin
05-15-2008, 02:41 AM
and you wonder why i think sexual harassment is bullshit :coffee:

Yeah, but things are different in the corporate world, fear of lawsuits has driven them to political correctness to the extreme. Fuckers.

Trigg
05-15-2008, 12:37 PM
I'd have to see the video in order to determine for myself whether he was being condescending or not.

Abbey Marie
05-15-2008, 12:49 PM
I'm no fan of Obama (shocker there), but let's not sink to the level of the PC speech enslavers by getting all faux-offended over a simple term like "Sweetie".

hjmick
05-15-2008, 12:51 PM
I'd have to see the video in order to determine for myself whether he was being condescending or not.

Ask and ye shall receive:

Juy9NwI8_i0

manu1959
05-15-2008, 12:52 PM
I'm no fan of Obama (shocker there), but let's not sink to the level of the PC speech enslavers by getting all faux-offended over a simple term like "Sweetie".

his fans claim he educated, articulate....blah blah blah....then he trips and falls yet again and shows he is not what he claims.....

by itself this is nothing.....together with all his other gaffs....makes you wonder who he is when his guard is down....

Trigg
05-15-2008, 12:52 PM

That's why I'd have to see the video. You could probably tell from body language whether he was being deliberately rude, trying to "put her in her place".

Hagbard Celine
05-15-2008, 12:55 PM
Boy, this guy just can't help but talk down to people can he? And he's not supposed to be an elitist. :laugh2:

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

lol. "Now hold on sweetie! How dare you ask a direct question like that. I'll answer questions like that on my own time, not yours sweetie!!"

What an arrogant prick. Naturally, Barry Carter never even answered the question.

BOO! HISSSS!!! Whatever he says I'm going to BOO! And HISSSS!!! He's such an elitist! How dare he be qualified before he runs for the highest office in the country!? I want to nominate my Plumber for President because he has the same stance as me on the inconsequential wedge issues I care most about! HISSSSS!!!!!

Oh, and I guess you've never been to the South before have you 'Honey?'

glockmail
05-15-2008, 01:01 PM

That's why I'd have to see the video. You could probably tell from body language whether he was being deliberately rude, trying to "put her in her place".

Apparently you missed it.

Ask and ye shall receive:

Juy9NwI8_i0

Don't y'all just love the information age? :laugh2:

He definitely "put her in her place".

hjmick
05-15-2008, 01:03 PM
You could probably tell from body language whether he was being deliberately rude, trying to "put her in her place".

He wasn't being rude or condescending, necessarily, just dismissive. It wasn't a very important question, something along the lines of how he is going to help the American auto worker.

Trigg
05-16-2008, 06:40 AM
He wasn't being rude or condescending, necessarily, just dismissive. It wasn't a very important question, something along the lines of how he is going to help the American auto worker.

The video changes everything. He was obviously dismissing her, but not in a condescending way.

He might want to stop using the term though, it may get him in trouble.

red states rule
05-16-2008, 06:41 AM

If McCAin would have said this, the NOW gang would be screaming about how sexist he is, and how he disrespected the female reporter

glockmail
05-16-2008, 07:23 AM

The video changes everything. He was obviously dismissing her, but not in a condescending way.

He might want to stop using the term though, it may get him in trouble.

Point of view I guess. The way he snickered, and the way one of his handler's laughed openly, plus her attitude for the report all point to condescension.

red states rule
05-16-2008, 07:25 AM
Point of view I guess. The way he snickered, and the way one of his handler's laughed openly, plus her attitude for the report all point to condescension.

At least he did not call her tootsie

theHawk
05-16-2008, 08:10 AM
BOO! HISSSS!!! Whatever he says I'm going to BOO! And HISSSS!!! He's such an elitist! How dare he be qualified before he runs for the highest office in the country!? I want to nominate my Plumber for President because he has the same stance as me on the inconsequential wedge issues I care most about! HISSSSS!!!!!

Oh, and I guess you've never been to the South before have you 'Honey?'

Yes, I've lived in the south, and I currently live in Texas. Men do not call women "sweetie", especially when they are annoyed like Barack was. Unless of course they are being condescending.

red states rule
05-16-2008, 08:14 AM
Well my boss is a female and if I called her “Sweetie”, she would probably inflict violence upon me and I would be limping for a week.

Because Obama or Barry or what ever his name is today is black, he can use the N word and call professionals “sweetie”.

Next he will probably play the race card and get elected because people feel sorry for him and his anti American wife. I wonder if he calls her sweetie.

Roomy
05-16-2008, 03:59 PM
Some of you lot need a reality check for crying out fucking loud.

mundame
05-16-2008, 04:05 PM
At least he did not call her tootsie

Tootsie would have expressed more honest annoyance.

"Sweetie" is trying to be condescending and yet get away with it.

Either that or Obama is too dumb to realize he can't say that..................

Which would worry me.

We do NOT need another dumb-as-a-post prez after all the trouble we've had with El Stupido Bush! http://macg.net/emoticons/silly.gif

red states rule
05-16-2008, 04:08 PM
Tootsie would have expressed more honest annoyance.

"Sweetie" is trying to be condescending and yet get away with it.

Either that or Obama is too dumb to realize he can't say that..................

Which would worry me.

We do NOT need another dumb-as-a-post prez after all the trouble we've had with El Stupido Bush! http://macg.net/emoticons/silly.gif

Barry is a typical liberal - libs lecture us on how to live, talk, eat, and drive, and ignore their lectures when it comes to them

If Pres Bush is so dumb - how it he beat the Dems in 3 out 4 elections?

mundame
05-16-2008, 04:11 PM
If Pres Bush is so dumb - how it he beat the Dems in 3 out 4 elections?

He had dumb voters, RSR.

And I was one of them in 2000.

By 2004 I had wised up.

2 out of 4 elections was all he ran in, RSR --------- the other two were off-elections.

red states rule
05-16-2008, 04:14 PM
He had dumb voters, RSR.

By 2004 I had wised up.

2 out of 4 elections was all he ran in, RSR --------- the other two were off-elections.

So now the voters are dumb if they don't vote the way you think they should.

Are you sure you are not a liberal?

Dems PROMISED revenge in 2002 for 2000. They PROMISED revenge in 2004 over 2000

Pres Bush did beat the Dems in 3 out 4 elections. If Pres Bush is dumb, that makes the Dems what?

Roomy
05-16-2008, 04:15 PM
He had dumb voters, RSR.

By 2004 I had wised up.

You think?:laugh2:

mundame
05-16-2008, 04:18 PM
So now the voters are dumb if they don't vote the way you think they should.

Are you sure you are not a liberal?

I'll let you decide that. (Couldn't stop you anyway. Rightwing forums call me a communist and leftwing forums call me a fascist; it's hard being a moderate.)

Besides, it was an utterly irresistable straight line. http://wade.hu/smiley/kategoriak/vegyes2/298.gif

Pres Bush did beat the Dems in 3 out 4 elections. If Pres Bush is dumb, that makes the Dems what?

It makes the Dems losers, obviously.

But I'm really sure Bush only ran in 2000 and 2004. You could look it up....... http://deephousepage.com/smilies/conf40.gif

red states rule
05-16-2008, 04:21 PM
I'll let you decide that. (Couldn't stop you anyway. Rightwing forums call me a communist and leftwing forums call me a fascist; it's hard being a moderate.)

Besides, it was an utterly irresistable straight line. http://wade.hu/smiley/kategoriak/vegyes2/298.gif

It makes the Dems losers, obviously.

But I'm really sure Bush only ran in 2000 and 2004. You could look it up....... http://deephousepage.com/smilies/conf40.gif

Libs ran against Pres Bush in 2002. They swore revenge for a stolen election and FL

It did not turn out the way the Dems were expecting

I do not consider you a communist, just a 1970's peace nik stuck in time

mundame
05-16-2008, 04:26 PM
I do not consider you a communist, just a 1970's peace nik stuck in time

I'll take it, I'll take it, it's better than I usually get.

red states rule
05-16-2008, 04:28 PM
I'll take it, I'll take it, it's better than I usually get.

I call them as I see them Mundame

Roomy
05-16-2008, 04:47 PM
I call them as I see them Mundame

She thinks you were being nice to her:laugh2:

red states rule
05-16-2008, 04:48 PM
Back to the topic. The libral media are moaning about what libs have demanded for years when it comes to talking to women

ABC Launches PC Investigation Into Obama 'Sweetie-Gate'
By Scott Whitlock | May 16, 2008 - 15:33 ET

On Friday's "Good Morning America," various ABC reporters fretted about the political implications of Barack Obama referring to a female reporter as "sweetie." GMA co-host Diane Sawyer nervously asked, "When do 'honey,' 'sweetie,' cross the line?" Guest host David Muir introduced an investigation into "the debate over what words we can use and can't use when we're talking to members of opposite sex."

To further examine the issue, GMA even dug up previous clips of the presidential candidate using what has become the other S-word. So, only two days after "Sweetie-Gate" broke, the morning show had already provided detail and background on the case. This stands in stark contrast to how GMA (and ABC in general) covered a much more serious subject, Obama's relationship with indicted political operative Tony Rezko, a man that raised money for the senator and was also involved in a questionable land deal related to the purchase of Obama's home in Chicago. In 2006 and 2007, ABC only mentioned Rezko once. Apparently Rezko and the senator's dealings don't measure up to the sweetie story.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/scott-whitlock/2008/05/16/abc-launches-pc-investigation-obama-sweetie-gate