PDA

View Full Version : Most in my generation do not have a clue what real music is

actsnoblemartin
05-15-2008, 12:52 AM
A beat is not music. Its a beat.

Music is making lyrics, not nigger, ho, shoot a cop, do drugs, make money.

That is how thugs act, that is how evil people with no morals act.

As ive said before this is not about race, acting ghetto is not where you live or what color you are, it is acting like a thug, and immorally.

Rap music is garbage, and my generation doesnt understand what actual lyrics are, rythem, bass drums,not just one repetive beat, that any moron could make.

namvet
05-15-2008, 04:48 PM
rap music is rapidly dropping in popularity. thank god. its time to RAP IT UP

Hagbard Celine
05-15-2008, 04:58 PM
rap music is rapidly dropping in popularity. thank god. its time to RAP IT UP

I don't know whether I agree or disagree. I think that it's evolving. It's still a very new artform so I think that when it changes, it changes as a whole so what you might view as a "dropping in popularity" is actually a genre-wide shift towards something else. In the last few years I've noticed a lot of rap songs that have rap on top of an older song by an "old school" artist like Phil Collins or someone like that. There have also been a lot of tracks made that feature a rapper and another artist from a different genre such as country, classical, etc. I think with so much of that, the genre has shifted as a whole and now we're hearing a lot more "songs" rather than just tracks that sound like rap beats. That stuff is still being made, but what's popular has shifted in the other direction.
One good thing is that a lot of the old school "gansta" rap is losing popularity to artists like P-Diddy, JayZ, Andre Benjamin, Ludacris, R. Kelly and those type guys who are taking the emphasis of their music away from the message of violence that a lot of rap used to promote.

namvet
05-15-2008, 05:12 PM
now ill take motown (motown) anyday over rap. that was music !!!! I don't hear rap on any of the local stations here anymore. it dead.

Q9luQ-yerVc

one of the best singing voices ive ever heard. the late barry white

BXvHRnGe940

Noir
05-15-2008, 06:46 PM
Thats why i'm a Mod, so much of my generations music is crap (but each unto their own) bring back the 60's s'what i say

namvet
05-15-2008, 07:26 PM
Thats why i'm a Mod, so much of my generations music is crap (but each unto their own) bring back the 60's s'what i say

ok here's the 60's (60's)

Abbey Marie
05-15-2008, 08:37 PM
I don't know whether I agree or disagree. I think that it's evolving. It's still a very new artform so I think that when it changes, it changes as a whole so what you might view as a "dropping in popularity" is actually a genre-wide shift towards something else. In the last few years I've noticed a lot of rap songs that have rap on top of an older song by an "old school" artist like Phil Collins or someone like that. There have also been a lot of tracks made that feature a rapper and another artist from a different genre such as country, classical, etc. I think with so much of that, the genre has shifted as a whole and now we're hearing a lot more "songs" rather than just tracks that sound like rap beats. That stuff is still being made, but what's popular has shifted in the other direction.
One good thing is that a lot of the old school "gansta" rap is losing popularity to artists like P-Diddy, JayZ, Andre Benjamin, Ludacris, R. Kelly and those type guys who are taking the emphasis of their music away from the message of violence that a lot of rap used to promote.

That's what I've noticed too. Stevie Wonder, Michael Jackson songs with rap over it. It's heading in the right direction, imo.

Noir
05-16-2008, 05:11 AM
Speaking of music in general, i just bought the debute album [Rockferry] from 'Duffy' some pretty funky shizzle on it.

Not sure if any of ya's will have herd of her yet state side

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KE2orthS3TQ&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KE2orthS3TQ&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

glockmail
05-16-2008, 08:03 AM

It's "art" like a crucifix in urine is art. The "artist" basically has little or no talent, has zero classical education in the medium, and by creating something of shock value, finds a willing audience. This same audience will cheer during a ball game fight, a freeway pile-up, or simulated sex on during a high school dance.

If you look back at the successful musicians back in the 60's, you will find that many where well educated, good students, and grew up singing in churches and high school plays.

Hagbard Celine
05-16-2008, 09:30 AM
It's "art" like a crucifix in urine is art. The "artist" basically has little or no talent, has zero classical education in the medium, and by creating something of shock value, finds a willing audience. This same audience will cheer during a ball game fight, a freeway pile-up, or simulated sex on during a high school dance.

If you look back at the successful musicians back in the 60's, you will find that many where well educated, good students, and grew up singing in churches and high school plays.

You'll find the same thing with many of today's rap artists. (shrug) You'd be surprised how many of them are classically trained musicians and/or went to private schools. Make no mistake, there are thugs in the business, but they're the minority. Gangsta rap isn't as popular as the positive stuff so the positive stuff is what's taking over. You shouldn't let racism keep you from enjoying some good music when you hear it. If you just can't stomach the thought of listening to blacks rap then you should try The Streets. He's a Brit rapper named Michael Skinner.
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4A8T4lVu074&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4A8T4lVu074&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cr4TpXqlPhI&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cr4TpXqlPhI&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/upraJDHBgt4&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/upraJDHBgt4&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

glockmail
05-16-2008, 09:43 AM
....You shouldn't let racism keep you from enjoying some good music when you hear it. ....

:bsflag:

Unbelievable.

Noir
05-16-2008, 09:44 AM
You'll find the same thing with many of today's rap artists. (shrug) You'd be surprised how many of them are classically trained musicians and/or went to private schools. Make no mistake, there are thugs in the business, but they're the minority. Gangsta rap isn't as popular as the positive stuff so the positive stuff is what's taking over. You shouldn't let racism keep you from enjoying some good music when you hear it. If you just can't stomach the thought of listening to blacks rap then you should try The Streets. He's a Brit rapper named Michael Skinner.

Lawl, the streets, i detest them, Dead ringers did a good take on them

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CPZ_uoinhD8&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CPZ_uoinhD8&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Hagbard Celine
05-16-2008, 09:53 AM
:bsflag:

Unbelievable.

Oh f*ck off. You compared rap music to a crucifix submerged in urine. You deserved it.

Hagbard Celine
05-16-2008, 09:56 AM
Lawl, the streets, i detest them, Dead ringers did a good take on them

That's a pretty funny impersonation. You can't deny that The Streets have some catchy tunes though. I'm not looking for something to live my life by, just something fun to listen to while I'm driving. (shrug) Different strokes for different folks I guess. "Detest" is a comically strong word to use when it comes to any music other than Maroon 5. Although for them I specifically use the phrase "physically nauseating."

glockmail
05-16-2008, 10:02 AM
Oh f*ck off. You compared rap music to a crucifix submerged in urine. You deserved it.

An intelligent person would have commented on that then. You've really reduced yourself to Cro-Magnon by calling me a racist. You obviously have Obamitus.

Explain to me how my referenced post was racist. Or how any of my posts were. Or lose whatever credibility that you once had.

Hagbard Celine
05-16-2008, 10:28 AM
An intelligent person would have commented on that then. You've really reduced yourself to Cro-Magnon by calling me a racist. You obviously have Obamitus.

Explain to me how my referenced post was racist. Or how any of my posts were. Or lose whatever credibility that you once had.

I don't lower myself to comment on garbage. I simply call a spade when I see one.
You belittled rappers' status as artists, showed that you've made an ignorant, blanket presupposition about their education status (no doubt based on the fact that rap is made primarily by blacks) and compared their artform to a tub of urine. What's not racist about what you said? Racism isn't just the use of the word "n*gg*r." Your opinions about rap are based on stereotypical presuppositions you've made about blacks and have accordingly attributed to the "black artform," i.e. rap. The human language is complex Glock. If you haven't noticed the phenomenon of insinuation by now then you're more obtuse than I thought--most likely deliberatly so.

glockmail
05-16-2008, 10:47 AM
I don't lower myself to comment on garbage. I simply call a spade when I see one.
You belittled rappers' status as artists, showed that you've made an ignorant, blanket presupposition about their education status (no doubt based on the f[QUOTE=Hagbard Celine;245776]I don't lower myself to comment on garbage. I simply call a spade when I see one.
[1]You belittled rappers' status as artists, showed that you've made an ignorant, blanket presupposition about their education status (no doubt based on the fact that rap is made primarily by blacks) and compared their artform to a [2]tub of urine. [3]What's not racist about what you said? Racism isn't just the use of the word "n*gg*r." [4]Your opinions about rap are based on stereotypical presuppositions you've made about blacks and have accordingly attributed to the "black artform," i.e. rap. The human language is complex Glock. If you haven't noticed the phenomenon of insinuation by now then you're more obtuse than I thought--most likely deliberatly so.
1. There are many white rappers, so you claiming that rap is "their artform" is racist itself, by your measure. Unless you call gospel, jazz, and rock “their atrtform” as well.
2. Nice Straw Man, turning the infamous “crucifix in urine” art to “tub of urine”. Ain’t gonna fly.
3. You made the accusation, now the burden of proof is on you.
4. Racism is about baseless assumptions, something that you practice quite well.

Again, explain to me how my referenced post was racist. "I'll wait." :pee:

Hagbard Celine
05-16-2008, 11:39 AM
1. There are many white rappers, so you claiming that rap is "their artform" is racist itself, by your measure. Unless you call gospel, jazz, and rock “their atrtform” as well.
2. Nice Straw Man, turning the infamous “crucifix in urine” art to “tub of urine”. Ain’t gonna fly.
3. You made the accusation, now the burden of proof is on you.
4. Racism is about baseless assumptions, something that you practice quite well.

Again, explain to me how my referenced post was racist. "I'll wait." :pee:

I already have and you dismissed it out of hand and threw-out your favorite nonsense word (strawman) and now you've moved-on and have presupposed "victory" over me. (shrug) You'll just go on and continue to be banally racist and negative and you'll continue to bask in your false sense of self-righteousness and I'll probably continue to argue with you and tell you point blank why you're being negative and racist and homophobic and intolerant of other religions and unsympathetic to the plight of the poor and on and on and nothing will change. I'm sorry that you refuse to be positive in life Glock. Maybe one day you'll understand why us "libs" don't belittle everything new right off the bat, but I seriously doubt it.
Rap is the black artform. So is jazz. They invented it. The fact that other types of people contribute in the same vein doesn't take away from the fact that blacks invented them.

gabosaurus
05-16-2008, 11:39 AM
"Real music" is in the ears of the beholder. What you don't like might be embraced by others.

Though I agree that most rap is not "music." Not because I object to the content, but to the form. Rap is primarily spoken word performed over a repetitive beat. Though I can't get rap supporters to agree with my logic.

gabosaurus
05-16-2008, 11:43 AM
Rap is not as much racist as sexist. For an example, read these lyrics to a song called "Shawty."

Even Though I'm Not Your Man, You Not My Girl
Ima Call You My Shawty
Cause I Can't Stand To See You Treated Bad
I Beat His Ass For My Shawty
And We Ain't Did Nothin That We Ain't Supposed To Do
Cause You My Shawty
Babygirl You Know I Be Home, Keep Me On The Ringtone Shawty
Sing It To Me Girl

Soon As I Seen Her, Shit Told Her I'd Pay For It
Lil Mama The Baddest Thing 'round Here & She Already Know It
I Pointed At The Donk & Told Her This Supposed To Be Yours
Showed Her A Couple Stacks & Told Her I'd Let Her Blow It
The Hottest Nigga In The City Baby You Can't Ignore It
I Showed Her I Was A Real Nigga & She Went For It
First Time I Caught Her Shit, She Aint Even Know How To Throw It Back
Now She An Animal, I Got Her Sex Game Right
I Taught Her How To Talk To Me While She Take Pipe
& Opened Her Up & Showed Her What A Real Nigga Like
I Told Her I Don't Usually Do This, I Don't Fuck On The First Night
Cause After I Beat Ya Baby I'm Liable To Fuck Up Ya Whole Life
I Gotta Train Her, Now She Suck Me With Ice
I Call Her My Lil Bust It Baby Cause She Keep It Tight
Whenever I Tell Her To Bust, Aint Gotta Tell Her Twice
Whenever I Wanna Get Off She Know How To Get Me Right

Ima Call You My Shawty
And We Aint Did Nothin That We Ain't Supposed To Do
Cause You My Shawty
Sing It To Me Girl

Whoa W-W-Whoa Whoa Whoa Whooooa Whoa Whoa
Whoa W-W-Whoa Shawtyyyyy

I Love To Show Her Off, Cause All The Dope Boys Want Her
Know Why They Wanna Beat Badly, Look At All That Ass On Her
Look How That Pussy Sit Up In Them Shorts, You Gotta Want Her
Love When She Act Like She Bo-Legged & Bend The [Corner ?]
She Proud To Be Fuckin Me, Cause I'm Stuntin On 'em
It Feel Good To Be Fuckin A Real Nigga Don't'uh
Aint Called Her In 2 Days, Gotta Let Her Mind Wonder
But When She Miss Me, She Call To Tell Me To Jump On Her
Thats Why I Don't Mind Breakin Her Off, Cause She Aint With The Drama
If You Done Ripped Her Before, You Know How To Cuff Lil Mama
You Know She Gotta Be Somethin, Cause I Done Beat Her Under
Im Baby Snatchin, I'm Tellin Ya, I Promise
I Exposed Her To Real, & Now She Hate Lame
Member She Used To Run From Me, Now She Like Pain
She Call Me Sometimes Just To Ask Is It Her Thing
Ever Since I Ran Up In Shawty She Ain't Been The Same

Ima Call You My Shawty
And We Aint Did Nothin That We Ain't Supposed To Do
Cause You My Shawty
Sing It To Me Girl

glockmail
05-16-2008, 11:51 AM
I already have and you dismissed it out of hand and threw-out your favorite nonsense word (strawman) and now you've moved-on and have presupposed "victory" over me. (shrug) You'll just go on and continue to be banally racist and negative and you'll continue to bask in your false sense of self-righteousness and I'll probably continue to argue with you and tell you point blank why you're being negative and racist and homophobic and intolerant of other religions and unsympathetic to the plight of the poor and on and on and nothing will change. I'm sorry that you refuse to be positive in life Glock. Maybe one day you'll understand why us "libs" don't belittle everything new right off the bat, but I seriously doubt it.
Rap is the black artform. So is jazz. They invented it. The fact that other types of people contribute in the same vein doesn't take away from the fact that blacks invented them.

Definition of Straw Man (http://www.csun.edu/~dgw61315/fallacies.html#Straw%20man) for you.

You’re obviously must be a racist since you call rap and jazz black music.

Attempt #3: explain to me how my referenced post was racist.

Hagbard Celine
05-16-2008, 12:00 PM
Definition of Straw Man (http://www.csun.edu/~dgw61315/fallacies.html#Straw%20man) for you.

You’re obviously must be a racist since you call rap and jazz black music.

Attempt #3: explain to me how my referenced post was racist.

See my post number 16. For the second time, I've already explained it.

Referencing history is not racist.

You don't even know what a "strawman" is so stop misusing the word please.

glockmail
05-16-2008, 12:08 PM
See my post number 16. For the second time, I've already explained it.

Referencing history is not racist.

You don't even know what a "strawman" is so stop misusing the word please.

Your post 16 doesn't answer my question. See my post 17 explaining why. Care to make a 4th attempt?

I've given you a link to Straw Man (http://www.csun.edu/~dgw61315/fallacies.html#Straw%20man) to show you that you are, once again, wrong. (The blue text and underline is a clickable link.) The definition starts about 1/2 down on the linked page.

Hagbard Celine
05-16-2008, 12:11 PM
Your post 16 doesn't answer my question. See my post 17 explaining why. Care to make a 4th attempt?

I've given you a link to Straw Man (http://www.csun.edu/~dgw61315/fallacies.html#Straw%20man) to show you that you are, once again, wrong. (The blue text and underline is a clickable link.) The definition starts about 1/2 down on the linked page.

I've already proven that just because white, arab, chinese, etc. rappers exist, it doesn't change the fact that blacks invented the genre. Stating that fact is not racist.
And none of that changes the fact that you are against rap because it is black. That is racist. If rap had originated from white culture and if it were white guys rapping about life on the street you wouldn't have compared it to piss on a cross. You also wouldn't have insinuated that the majority of rappers are uneducated.

glockmail
05-16-2008, 12:27 PM
I've already proven that just because white, arab, chinese, etc. rappers exist, it doesn't change the fact that blacks invented the genre. Stating that fact is not racist.
And none of that changes the fact that you are against rap because it is black. That is racist. If rap had originated from white culture and if it were white guys rapping about life on the street you wouldn't have compared it to piss on a cross. You also wouldn't have insinuated that the majority of rappers are uneducated.

No you misunderstood. You called rap and jazz black music, after I pointed out to you that gospel and rock were also invented by blacks. That makes you racist.

Again, the "piss on a cross" referenced a POS artwork, the infamous crucifix in urine. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piss_Christ) Not surprising that you repeat the straw man, as your argument is falling apart.

Since you can’t explain to me how my referenced post was racist, maybe you can point out an example where I have expressed racist views in the past. That would go a long way in explaining how you incorrectly assumed that I was a racist.

Hagbard Celine
05-16-2008, 12:33 PM
No you misunderstood. You called rap and jazz black music, after I pointed out to you that gospel and rock were also invented by blacks. That makes you racist.

Again, the "piss on a cross" referenced a POS artwork, the infamous crucifix in urine. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piss_Christ) Not surprising that you repeat the straw man, as your argument is falling apart.

Since you can’t explain to me how my referenced post was racist, maybe you can point out an example where I have expressed racist views in the past. That would go a long way in explaining how you incorrectly assumed that I was a racist.

I didn't misunderstand anything. I never commented on rock or gospel, but now that you mention it, you're right--both of those genres were invented by blacks. However, neither of them are still dominated by blacks as rap is.
Post 16 explains it clearly. You're simply unwilling to take it in. You don't want to admit that your basal reason for not liking rap is that it's "black" in nature so you're avoiding the truth.
Your pee-cross reference is way over the top (big surprise there) and it's extremely offensive both to blacks (most of whom take pride in the fact that rap music is black at its roots) and to fans of rap music.
You can chant "strawman" as much as you want, but chanting it doesn't make it true nor does it take away from the fact that your opinions about rap are founded in race.
If your opinions were based on something else, your metaphor wouldn't have been as repugnant and you wouldn't have belittled the artists or their backgrounds, you would've expressed your dislike of the lyrics or your dislike of beats. It would've had nothing to do with the artists or their "audience" as you put it who like to 'cheer-on fights' at basketball games and 'booty dance at their highschool prom.'

glockmail
05-16-2008, 12:43 PM
Post 16 explains it clearly. You're simply unwilling to take it in. You don't want to admit that your basal reason for not liking rap is that it's "black" in nature so you're avoiding the truth.
Your pee-cross reference is way over the top (big surprise there) and it's extremely offensive both to blacks (most of whom take pride in the fact that rap music is black at its roots) and to fans of rap music.
You can chant "strawman" as much as you want, but chanting it doesn't make it true nor does it take away from the fact that your opinions about rap are founded in race. Gee Hag, you completely ignore the fact that in one of the first posts I stated how I liked great 60's music which means rock, obviously, and that is “black” at its root (whatever that means).

Meanwhile, I‘m still waiting for you to point out an example where I have expressed racist views in the past. This is officially Request Number Two.

glockmail
05-16-2008, 12:47 PM
….
Your pee-cross reference is … extremely offensive both to blacks …..

Oops- I thought you said I was talking about a bucket of urine?

How do you know if its offensive to blacks if you’re not black? I thought your logic was that you had to be queer to know what being queer was like?

Hagbard Celine
05-16-2008, 12:52 PM
Gee Hag, you completely ignore the fact that in one of the first posts I stated how I liked great 60's music which means rock, obviously, and that is “black” at its root (whatever that means).

Meanwhile, I‘m still waiting for you to point out an example where I have expressed racist views in the past. This is officially Request Number Two.

Why should I have to provide proof of past racism if you've already exhibited here? Makes no sense and I won't do it. I have all the proof I need in your infamous "pee-cross" post.
By the time the 1960s rolled around, most if not all rock was performed by white artists (with the notable exception of Jimi Hendrix). Not to mention the fact that calling rock "black" is ridiculous since actual rock and roll originated from multiple sources (including white ones) and since the guy who originally coined the phrase was a disc-jockey by the name of Alan Freed (this guy):
http://artiewayne.files.wordpress.com/2007/03/alan1.jpg
Who is as white as they come (just look at his bowtie if you don't believe me) and the fact that the first songs ever recorded under the label "rock and roll" were recorded by white artists. So your strawman that rock is black doesn't stand up. ;)

Rap is an entirely black artform. It has no other origins than black culture and for this reason and this reason alone, you don't like it. Thus: racism.

glockmail
05-16-2008, 01:42 PM
[1]Why should I have to provide proof of past racism if you've already exhibited here? Makes no sense and I won't do it. I have all the proof I need in [2]your infamous "pee-cross" post.
[3]By the time the 1960s rolled around, most if not all rock was performed by white artists (with the notable exception of Jimi Hendrix). Not to mention the fact that calling rock "black" is ridiculous since actual rock and roll originated from multiple sources (including white ones) and since the guy who originally coined the phrase was a disc-jockey by the name of Alan Freed (this guy):

Who is as white as they come [4](just look at his bowtie if you don't believe me) and the fact that the first songs ever recorded under the label "rock and roll" were recorded by white artists. So your strawman that rock is black doesn't stand up. ;)

[6]Rap is an entirely black artform. It has no other origins than black culture and for this reason and this reason alone, you don't like it. Thus: racism.

1. You won’t do it because you can’t. Typical of you Libs for making unfounded accusations and then refusing responsibility.
2. Infamous to you because you didn’t know what I was referring to. You thought it was a bucket of urine.
3. Nice straw man, but again, I’m talking about the roots of rock and roll. (Funny how you can argue the roots of rap on one side, then the evolution or rock on the other.)
4. Holly Shit! Blacks didn’t wear bow ties? You racist!
5. I would argue that the first rock tune recorded was by "Shake, Rattle and Roll" by Big Joe Turner (recorded on February 15, 1954). These were followed by a few lesser know tunes by white artists, then by "Bo Diddley" by Bo Diddley (recorded on March 2, 1955), "Maybellene" by Chuck Berry (recorded on May 21, 1955), "Tutti Frutti" by Little Richard (recorded on September 14, 1955), and "Blue Suede Shoes" by Carl Perkins (recorded on 19th December 1955).
6. Again you show your racism. There is a whole slew of white rap “artists” all just as untalented and ridiculous as their black counterparts.

Hagbard Celine
05-16-2008, 02:12 PM
1. You won’t do it because you can’t. Typical of you Libs for making unfounded accusations and then refusing responsibility.
2. Infamous to you because you didn’t know what I was referring to. You thought it was a bucket of urine.
3. Nice straw man, but again, I’m talking about the roots of rock and roll. (Funny how you can argue the roots of rap on one side, then the evolution or rock on the other.)
4. Holly Shit! Blacks didn’t wear bow ties? You racist!
5. I would argue that the first rock tune recorded was by "Shake, Rattle and Roll" by Big Joe Turner (recorded on February 15, 1954). These were followed by a few lesser know tunes by white artists, then by "Bo Diddley" by Bo Diddley (recorded on March 2, 1955), "Maybellene" by Chuck Berry (recorded on May 21, 1955), "Tutti Frutti" by Little Richard (recorded on September 14, 1955), and "Blue Suede Shoes" by Carl Perkins (recorded on 19th December 1955).
6. Again you show your racism. There is a whole slew of white rap “artists” all just as untalented and ridiculous as their black counterparts.

You've made an unreasonable request. I need not prove past racism when you've already displayed it right here. (shrug)
You're misrepresenting (most likely misunderstanding) the meaning of the word "infamous." And I knew exactly what you were talking about because I read and commented on the thread about it the other day.
Look at the picture and tell me if the guy's black. The bowtie is the icing on the cake.
The majority of rap artists are black. The genre was born exclusively out of black culture. Case closed.

jackass
05-16-2008, 02:27 PM
Who is as white as they come (just look at his bowtie if you don't believe me)

Yeah just us honkies wear bowties!!

glockmail
05-16-2008, 03:25 PM
You've made an unreasonable request. I need not prove past racism when you've already displayed it right here. (shrug)
You're misrepresenting (most likely misunderstanding) the meaning of the word "infamous." And I knew exactly what you were talking about because I read and commented on the thread about it the other day.
Look at the picture and tell me if the guy's black. The bowtie is the icing on the cake.
The majority of rap artists are black. The genre was born exclusively out of black culture. Case closed.
1. You accused me of racism because I don’t like rap. So where’s your proof that I am racist? All you’ve done in this thread is to show your own racism.
2. I’ll take your word that you knew about the infamous Piss Christ photo. That just proves you attempted a straw man by stating that I compared rap to a “bucket of urine”. Again, in a failed attempt to paint me as a racist.
3. To me it’s unimportant. The fact that you correlate a particular dress (bow tie) with being white shows your bigotry. As pointed out by jackass, it also shows that you are pitifully wrong. Perhaps you consider that only conservatives wear bow ties? And of course, in your closed mind, all conservatives are racists? Again, that shows your bigotry and stupidity.
4. Again, there’s a lot of white rap artists. The only one that I can think of is Eminem. He’s just as obnoxious and untalented as the black variety.
5. Of course the case is closed in you mind. You sound just like another pig-headed liberal: Al Gore.

Hagbard Celine
05-16-2008, 04:26 PM
1. You accused me of racism because I don’t like rap. So where’s your proof that I am racist? All you’ve done in this thread is to show your own racism.
2. I’ll take your word that you knew about the infamous Piss Christ photo. That just proves you attempted a straw man by stating that I compared rap to a “bucket of urine”. Again, in a failed attempt to paint me as a racist.
3. To me it’s unimportant. The fact that you correlate a particular dress (bow tie) with being white shows your bigotry. As pointed out by jackass, it also shows that you are pitifully wrong. Perhaps you consider that only conservatives wear bow ties? And of course, in your closed mind, all conservatives are racists? Again, that shows your bigotry and stupidity.
4. Again, there’s a lot of white rap artists. The only one that I can think of is Eminem. He’s just as obnoxious and untalented as the black variety.
5. Of course the case is closed in you mind. You sound just like another pig-headed liberal: Al Gore.

C'mon. The bowtie comment was a joke. Don't be bringin' up old sh*t man :laugh:
Stick to the facts. The facts are that you were hatin' on rap because you think the artform is comparable to outrageous "shock" pieces like the urine bucket crucifix and because you believe the majority of rappers have little to no education and cater to the booty dancing crowd.
Who pray-tell were you talking about if it wasn't blacks? Is your undereducated, bootydancing rap fan-base made up of a rainbow of faces?
Please don't expect me to buy that crap man. Give me more credit than that. You were talking about blacks man! Admit it.

Hagbard Celine
05-16-2008, 04:28 PM
Yeah just us honkies wear bowties!!

Well thanks for clarifying that for me. I do know one thing though--and you'll never refute me on this. Only white people wear pants. And you KNOW that's true!!!
Your name is fitting. :rolleyes:

glockmail
05-16-2008, 05:06 PM
C'mon. The bowtie comment was a joke. Don't be bringin' up old sh*t man :laugh:
Stick to the facts. The facts are that you were hatin' on rap because you think the artform is comparable to outrageous "shock" pieces like the urine bucket crucifix and because you believe the majority of rappers have little to no education and cater to the booty dancing crowd.
Who pray-tell were you talking about if it wasn't blacks? Is your undereducated, bootydancing rap fan-base made up of a rainbow of faces?
Please don't expect me to buy that crap man. Give me more credit than that. You were talking about blacks man! Admit it. OK I'll again give you the benefit of doubt on your extremely subtle joke, if that's what you claim it was. It would be nice to get the favor returned once in a while.

Actually Hag where I live most of the black kids are better behaved than the whites. The reason for this is not important now, but when I initially wrote about my dislike of rap I was thinking about two douchebags that were in Food Lion the other day. They were both about 18, skinny as hell, zit-faced with home made tats, ball caps on backwards and dirty pants with the waist well below their asses. I didn't even want to be in the same zip code, never mind buy food at the same store. But anyway I bought my stuff and left, and these two were in the parking lot driving off in a beat up shit box and playing guess what way too loud on the stereo. They also happened to be white, by the way.

Yurt
05-16-2008, 07:42 PM
how does not liking rap, comparing it to something the poster finds unacceptable, racist?

that is beyond a strawman, that is actually grasping at straws, e.g., nothing...