PDA

View Full Version : Burning the flag is the first refuge of the liberal fool

actsnoblemartin
05-15-2008, 01:20 AM
Burning the flag is not expressing anything other then self hate, and self-loathing/contempt for our dead soldiers, current soldiers, our founding fathers, and our citizens.

I support a flag burning amendment, that makes it a crime to burn the flag.

Protesting is one thing, being a disrespectful little prick is another.

which is another reason I dont like anti war protesters, its the way they protest, not their views that piss me off so much

DragonStryk72
05-15-2008, 01:25 AM
Burning the flag is not expressing anything other then self hate, and self-loathing/contempt for our dead soldiers, current soldiers, our founding fathers, and our citizens.

which is another reason I dont like anti war protesters, its the way they protest, not their views that piss me off so much

So then, when our forefathers burned effigies of the king, and the English flag, they were practicing self-hate, and were spitting on our own soldiers back then. My argument is that they do not take their protest far enough, since most usually, they only burn the flag, and do not continue to follow it, wasting the symbolism that they were trying for.

They are protesting war, not our troops, Acts, and those are wholly separate issues. Only RP would actually take it against soldiers themselves. You really need to learn how to separate the arguments.

A symbol should never become more important than the people it represents.

actsnoblemartin
05-15-2008, 01:36 AM
I havent hear such tripe in a while.

Your comparing americans burning a foreign flag, with self hating liberals buring our flags

Nice try.... not gonna fly

If they wanna protest fine, but dont piss on the rest of us and expect us to be nice about it

So then, when our forefathers burned effigies of the king, and the English flag, they were practicing self-hate, and were spitting on our own soldiers back then. My argument is that they do not take their protest far enough, since most usually, they only burn the flag, and do not continue to follow it, wasting the symbolism that they were trying for.

They are protesting war, not our troops, Acts, and those are wholly separate issues. Only RP would actually take it against soldiers themselves. You really need to learn how to separate the arguments.

Psychoblues
05-15-2008, 01:45 AM
Don't expect martin to answer in any comprehensive way, ds'72. The comprehension of these that would gladly burn any flag to demonstrate their own dissatisfaction never ceases to amaze me.

actsnoblemartin
05-15-2008, 01:45 AM
what the hell are you talking about.

Don't expect martin to answer in any comprehensive way, ds'72. The comprehension of these that would gladly burn any flag to demonstrate their own dissatisfaction never ceases to amaze me.

actsnoblemartin
05-15-2008, 01:47 AM
You cant seperate what the flag means to others, while your burning it.

A symbol should never become more important then the people it represents, what kind of nonsense is that

symbols matter, a noose, a swastika, a stop sign, a flag.

you cant seperate people from symbols, its ridiculous

again, you dont have to be an asshole, to protest

actsnoblemartin
05-15-2008, 01:48 AM
way to insult me :dance: :lame2:

DragonStryk72
05-15-2008, 02:06 AM
I havent hear such tripe in a while.

Your comparing americans burning a foreign flag, with self hating liberals buring our flags

Nice try.... not gonna fly

If they wanna protest fine, but dont piss on the rest of us and expect us to be nice about it

Um, Acts, we were burning English flags in 1774, two years before the Declaration was written. We were english citizens, burning an English king and flag. Let alone our work in Boston harbor, and crap, that just over taxation, it didn't even involve the loss of lives.

they are protesting, and the flag be burned is a part of our history, we are born of flag burners and dissenters. They are protesting against the war, not the troops. Only you are inferring that.

actsnoblemartin
05-15-2008, 02:11 AM
Um, Acts, we were burning English flags in 1774, two years before the Declaration was written. We were english citizens, burning an English king and flag. Let alone our work in Boston harbor, and crap, that just over taxation, it didn't even involve the loss of lives.

#1 your argument had nothing to do with what were talking about

#2 they LEFT england, the brain dead hippies didnt

they are protesting,

Never said i had a problem with it

and the flag be burned is a part of our history,

so is rape, slavery and child molestation, what is your point?

we are born of flag burners and dissenters.

Dissent is not the same as being an asshole. I dont like the anti war movement because of their actions, they way they protest, if they werent so fucking classless and rude, i wouldnt be so opposed to them. you can dissent, without being an ass

They are protesting against the war, not the troops.

I never said they were protesting the troops, what i said was "burning the flag, that individual act is disrespectful to former, current, and future military, but please do continue to put words in my mouth, rather then ask me what i meant :laugh2:

Only you are inferring that.

we're having a mis-communication :)

DragonStryk72
05-15-2008, 02:11 AM
You cant seperate what the flag means to others, while your burning it.

A symbol should never become more important then the people it represents, what kind of nonsense is that

symbols matter, a noose, a swastika, a stop sign, a flag.

you cant seperate people from symbols, its ridiculous

again, you dont have to be an asshole, to protest

Why is it ridiculous? Again, our forefathers were ridiculous?

Yes, symbols are important, but do you really believe that they are burning America as a whole? Of course not, they're burning a piece of cloth that we have had several different versions of over the years. That flag is a simple representation, that's all. It isn't america, and never will be. That lies within our own hearts and minds, which is also why America can never be struck down by outside force.

And if you really want to talk about denegrations to the flag, start with the American flag g-strings and bathing suits.

actsnoblemartin
05-15-2008, 02:17 AM

First of all, i dont like or support flag burning, its an immature five year old way of protesting.

Second, symbols have meaning, a noose is not just a noose to blacks, a swastika is not just a symbol. Symbols like words have meanings, and u cant dis-associate them for political convience.

Yes, symbols are important, but do you really believe that they are burning America as a whole? Of course not, they're burning a piece of cloth that we have had several different versions of over the years. That flag is a simple representation, that's all. It isn't america, and never will be. That lies within our own hearts and minds, which is also why America can never be struck down by outside force.

The american flag represents the ideals this country was founded on

And if you really want to talk about denegrations to the flag, start with the American flag g-strings and bathing suits.

I agree with you there

DragonStryk72
05-15-2008, 02:20 AM
Originally Posted by DragonStryk72 View Post

#1 your argument had nothing to do with what were talking about

Yeah, it does, it's about flag burning, which is the OP in case you forgot. Our forefathers were flagburners, and treasoners. That's how we got started.

#2 they LEFT england, the brain dead hippies didnt

And we didn't leave england for two years after, so what's your point there?

they are protesting,

Never said i had a problem with it

and the flag be burned is a part of our history,

so is rape, slavery and child molestation, what is your point?

each of those harms a person, not a scrap of cloth. This is a part of freedom of speech, they have a right to burn the flag in effigy, and given our own forefathers proclivities for burning it themselves, they understood there might come a time when the US flag would be burned. Jefferson wanted a revolution every 2-3 generations.

we are born of flag burners and dissenters.

Dissent is not the same as being an asshole. I dont like the anti war movement because of their actions, they way they protest, if they werent so fucking classless and rude, i wouldnt be so opposed to them. you can dissent, without being an ass

They are protesting against the war, not the troops.

I never said they were protesting the troops, what i said was "burning the flag, that individual act is disrespectful to former, current, and future military, but please do continue to put words in my mouth, rather then ask me what i meant

As former military, No it isn't.

Only you are inferring that.

we're having a mis-communication :)

;

actsnoblemartin
05-15-2008, 02:24 AM
;

Yeah, it does, it's about flag burning, which is the OP in case you forgot. Our forefathers were flagburners, and treasoners. That's how we got started.

They didnt burn flags because they hated the country they lived in, they burned flags because they hated the country they fled.

as to your point about cloth, its not just cloth, people died for that cloth.

and, i said part of our history is many things, freedom, love, hate, racism, murder, saving lives.

that was my point

as far as you not feeling disrespected as a former servicemember, (thank you for your service, I would bet most would not share your view on this[/COLOR]

DragonStryk72
05-15-2008, 02:25 AM
Originally Posted by DragonStryk72 View Post

First of all, i dont like or support flag burning, its an immature five year old way of protesting.

Only in the way that you have seen, but if you notice, it happens only very rarely, not on any consistent basis. It is reserved for only the most extreme of protests.

Second, symbols have meaning, a noose is not just a noose to blacks, a swastika is not just a symbol. Symbols like words have meanings, and u cant dis-associate them for political convience.

A noose is not just a noose for anyone, and if you notice, all the symbols you picked specifically are born of wanting to inspire fear, fear of the hangman's noose, and fear of what the Nazis would do to you.

Flag burning was left in as a protection of liberty, a defense of the quintessential American belief that it is the people that matter, not the government, or the flag.

The american flag represents the ideals this country was founded on

Just like flag-burning.

I agree with you there

I agree with you there
;

DragonStryk72
05-15-2008, 02:28 AM

They didnt burn flags because they hated the country they lived in, they burned flags because they hated the country they fled.

They didn't flee England, Acts. They were an English colony, America was England, part of the empire upon which the sun never set. Moreover, they did not hate England, they hated the way they were getting treated. Notice we never declared a war with England, we only sent them the Declaration of Independence. People had family on both sides of the lines, it was not about hate, Acts. It was about proper representation, and liberty. You need to really read up on our forefathers, and just who they were, and what they did.

DragonStryk72
05-15-2008, 02:31 AM

as to your point about cloth, its not just cloth, people died for that cloth.

and, i said part of our history is many things, freedom, love, hate, racism, murder, saving lives.

that was my point

as far as you not feeling disrespected as a former servicemember, (thank you for your service, I would bet most would not share your view on this[/COLOR]

No, people died for freedom, they died for their homes, their families, their friends. In World War II, they died to protect the rights of people around the world to exist, to not be put into death camps. None of them died for a strip of cloth.

actsnoblemartin
05-15-2008, 02:33 AM
They fought and some died for their country.

The flag represents the ideals in which this nation was founded on

Cant we just agree to disagree already :laugh2:

;

No, people died for freedom, they died for their homes, their families, their friends. In World War II, they died to protect the rights of people around the world to exist, to not be put into death camps. None of them died for a strip of cloth.

retiredman
05-15-2008, 07:55 AM
They fought and some died for their country.

The flag represents the ideals in which this nation was founded on

Cant we just agree to disagree already :laugh2:

dragon is right. our forefathers did the same thing. They were british citizens and they burned british flags as statements of protest. our forefathers would be appalled that we would consider stifling free speech by banning the burning of cloth - an act which hurts no one.

theHawk
05-15-2008, 08:30 AM

they are protesting, and the flag be burned is a part of our history, we are born of flag burners and dissenters. They are protesting against the war, not the troops. Only you are inferring that.

They probably burned the English flags because they didn't consider themselves British, they considered themselves to be American.

You ever see the LaRaza folks buring US flags? They scream how much they hate white people and America as they burn the flags.

theHawk
05-15-2008, 08:31 AM
dragon is right. our forefathers did the same thing. They were british citizens and they burned british flags as statements of protest. our forefathers would be appalled that we would consider stifling free speech by banning the burning of cloth - an act which hurts no one.

So then we can assume that people that burn our own flag are planning to overthrow the government. Sounds like a good reason to jail anyone who is caught doing it.

glockmail
05-15-2008, 09:09 AM
So then we can assume that people that burn our own flag are planning to overthrow the government. Sounds like a good reason to jail anyone who is caught doing it.

I think the point attempting to be made here is that the British flags were burned by colonists two years prior to July 4, 1776, and that prior to the Declaration the majority of the signers were proud British citizens attempting to get the King to recognize their right to representation. The Signers therefore are on par with contemporary flag-burners, and the flag-burners are patriots.

However no one has shown that any of the signers who were proud British citizens were the ones burning the flags two years prior to the Declaration.

retiredman
05-15-2008, 09:46 AM

stupid.

We can "assume" that people who burn a flag are protesting the actions of our government.

I am sure that anti-democratic extremists like you would LOVE to send anyone who thinks differently than you do off to some gulag somewhere... or maybe to the ovens, eh?

retiredman
05-15-2008, 09:49 AM
I think the point attempting to be made here is that the British flags were burned by colonists two years prior to July 4, 1776, and that prior to the Declaration the majority of the signers were proud British citizens attempting to get the King to recognize their right to representation. The Signers therefore are on par with contemporary flag-burners, and the flag-burners are patriots.

However no one has shown that any of the signers who were proud British citizens were the ones burning the flags two years prior to the Declaration.

of more value would be if you could show that any of the signers disagreed with their contemporaries who burned the british flag, or held THEM in contempt for doing so.

Hagbard Celine
05-15-2008, 10:50 AM

G-strings and bathing suits are nothing to be ashamed of.
http://www.blogography.com/photos8/FlagUndies.jpg

:laugh:

You guys need to stop taking yourselves to seriously. It's a FLAG. Fly it, wear it, burn it, wipe your ass with it. Who cares? Free speech and what-not.

manu1959
05-15-2008, 10:56 AM
You guys need to stop taking yourselves to seriously. It's a FLAG. Fly it, wear it, burn it, wipe your ass with it. Who cares? Free speech and what-not.

how about we do that with the gay pride flag or the mexican flag..........

Hagbard Celine
05-15-2008, 11:00 AM

Go ahead. If you have the balls to be caught wearing the gay pride flag around your johnson then more power to you. :laugh:

You should turn the Mexican flag into a diaper for your kid and when he unloads in it you can refer to it as a "dirty sanchez" lol

If you think you can jar me by insinuating that my loyalties belong to gays and Mexicans over the US then you obviously don't know me very well. You also make yourself look pretty foolish as well so keep 'em coming. It's a real riot.

manu1959
05-15-2008, 11:02 AM
Go ahead. If you have the balls to be caught wearing the gay pride flag around your johnson then more power to you. :laugh:

You should turn the Mexican flag into a diaper for your kid and when he unloads in it you can refer to it as a "dirty sanchez" lol

how about we just take a big dump on a picture of ted turner.....while spitting on a team picture of the atlanta braves.....

Hagbard Celine
05-15-2008, 11:04 AM
how about we just take a big dump on a picture of ted turner.....while spitting on a team picture of the atlanta braves.....

Hey, if you're not house broken it's your problem, not mine. And you can only do so if I have permission to refer to you as "Animal" for as long as I like afterwards.

Are we gonna have to get you one of these? :lol:
http://www.kennelmasters.com/harness_1.jpg

theHawk
05-15-2008, 11:07 AM
stupid.

We can "assume" that people who burn a flag are protesting the actions of our government.

I am sure that anti-democratic extremists like you would LOVE to send anyone who thinks differently than you do off to some gulag somewhere... or maybe to the ovens, eh?

I'm a conservative, so don't get me confused with some socialist liberal that condones the idea of thought police. People should be responsible for the actions they take, not what they're thinking.

People can protest all they want and say whatever they want. The act of setting something on fire or destroying something in public is a dangerous action and a violent action at that, not "an expression of speech". Maybe you think the attacks of 9/11 were "an expression of free speech" by the terrorists protesting US foreign policy.

manu1959
05-15-2008, 11:12 AM
Hey, if you're not house broken it's your problem, not mine. And you can only do so if I have permission to refer to you as "Animal" for as long as I like afterwards.

Are we gonna have to get you one of these? :lol:
http://www.kennelmasters.com/harness_1.jpg

buying sexy panties on line for your girlfriend again i see...........

retiredman
05-15-2008, 11:24 AM
I'm a conservative, so don't get me confused with some socialist liberal that condones the idea of thought police. People should be responsible for the actions they take, not what they're thinking.

People can protest all they want and say whatever they want. The act of setting something on fire or destroying something in public is a dangerous action and a violent action at that, not "an expression of speech". Maybe you think the attacks of 9/11 were "an expression of free speech" by the terrorists protesting US foreign policy.

even more outlandish. if burning a piece of cloth were a "dangerous and violent act", it would be illegal for you to burn ANY piece of cloth... shall we, therefore, broaden the constitutional amendment to make it against the united states constitution to publicly burn a dishtowel?:laugh2:

maybe you think that if you self righteously wrap yourself in "9/11" everytime you are getting your ass handed to you, people won't notice?

Hagbard Celine
05-15-2008, 11:28 AM
buying sexy panties on line for your girlfreind again i see...........

Always dontcha know? :cheers2:

midcan5
05-15-2008, 11:58 AM

That's almost un-American, we are about freedom not the symbols of nationalism.

"The President is merely the most important among a large number of public servants. He should be supported or opposed exactly to the degree which is warranted by his good conduct or bad conduct, his efficiency or inefficiency in rendering loyal, able, and disinterested service to the Nation as a whole. Therefore it is absolutely necessary that there should be full liberty to tell the truth about his acts, and this means that it is exactly necessary to blame him when he does wrong as to praise him when he does right. Any other attitude in an American citizen is both base and servile. To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public. Nothing but the truth should be spoken about him or any one else. But it is even more important to tell the truth, pleasant or unpleasant, about him than about any one else." Teddy Roosevelt

glockmail
05-15-2008, 12:21 PM
of more value would be if you could show that any of the signers disagreed with their contemporaries who burned the british flag, or held THEM in contempt for doing so.
I never made the accusation so its not my burden of proof. Besides, the Signers believed in free speech and like me, would consider flag burners as useful idiots.

retiredman
05-15-2008, 12:27 PM
I never made the accusation so its not my burden of proof. Besides, the Signers believed in free speech and like me, would consider flag burners as useful idiots.

I would agree. I am opposed to anyone burning our flag, but I wore the uniform for a long time protecting this country and their right to do so.

Yurt
05-15-2008, 12:59 PM

so those that burn the flag today are seeking independence from America and want to form their own nation....nice analogy

glockmail
05-15-2008, 01:03 PM
so those that burn the flag today are seeking independence from America and want to form their own nation....nice analogy Based on the facts, both present and historical, I believe this to be true.

retiredman
05-15-2008, 01:04 PM
so those that burn the flag today are seeking independence from America and want to form their own nation....nice analogy

those who burn the flag today are seeking to dramatize their disagreement with the attitudes and policies of their government.

do YOU support a flag burning amendment, yurt?

glockmail
05-15-2008, 01:07 PM
those who burn the flag today are seeking to dramatize their disagreement with the attitudes and policies of their government.

do YOU support a flag burning amendment, yurt?

Classic MFM: an opinion unsubstantiated by facts, followed by an attempt to deflect the issue with an unrelated question.

retiredman
05-15-2008, 01:10 PM
Classic MFM: an opinion unsubstantiated by facts, followed by an attempt to deflect the issue with an unrelated question.

only in glockworld is a question about flag burning in a thread about flag burning somehow "unrelated"!:laugh2:

theHawk
05-15-2008, 01:16 PM
even more outlandish. if burning a piece of cloth were a "dangerous and violent act", it would be illegal for you to burn ANY piece of cloth... shall we, therefore, broaden the constitutional amendment to make it against the united states constitution to publicly burn a dishtowel?:laugh2:
It pretty much is illegal to burn things in public on a local level. No need for a 'constitutional ban' on such acts. But the flag itself, is more than a 'dishtowel'. Although no doubt you wouldn't mind using it to wipe your ass with it.

maybe you think that if you self righteously wrap yourself in "9/11" everytime you are getting your ass handed to you, people won't notice?
No more than inferring I am a nazi who wants to put people in ovens for what they are thinking when you get your ass handed to you.
It was said in jest. Too bad your dense brain didn't compute the point I was trying to make.

retiredman
05-15-2008, 01:19 PM
It pretty much is illegal to burn things in public on a local level. No need for a 'constitutional ban' on such acts.

No more than inferring I am a nazi who wants to put people in ovens for what they are thinking when you get your ass handed to you.
It was said in jest. Too bad your dense brain didn't compute the point I was trying to make.

of course. it was in jest. you were just joshing with me... good buddies having a few laughs. why didn't I catch that? gosh, I'm sorry, pal. please forgive me.

so, good buddy...do you support a constitutional amendment banning the burning of dishtowels, yes or no?

glockmail
05-15-2008, 01:27 PM
only in glockworld is a question about flag burning in a thread about flag burning somehow "unrelated"!:laugh2: Actually your deflection was about an Amendment. :pee:

retiredman
05-15-2008, 01:30 PM
Actually your question was about an Amendment.

A FLAG BURNING AMENDMENT!

IN A THREAD ABOUT FLAG BURNING!

RELATED!!:lame2:

glockmail
05-15-2008, 01:38 PM
A FLAG BURNING AMENDMENT!

IN A THREAD ABOUT FLAG BURNING!

RELATED!!:lame2: Correct me if I'm wrong: you brought up that tangent, no?

retiredman
05-15-2008, 01:39 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong: you brought up that tangent, no?

correct me if I'm wrong: a question about a flag burning amendment is related to flag burning, no?

and a flag burning amendment is part of the original post. I did not bring it up.

glockmail
05-15-2008, 01:46 PM
correct me if I'm wrong: a question about a flag burning amendment is related to flag burning, no?

and a flag burning amendment is part of the original post. I did not bring it up.
I would use the word "tangential" as being more correct.

I did not see it in the OP. I was therefore wrong.

retiredman
05-15-2008, 01:48 PM
I would use the word "tangential" as being more correct.

I did not see it in the OP. I was therefore wrong.

that showed class

theHawk
05-15-2008, 02:29 PM
of course. it was in jest. you were just joshing with me... good buddies having a few laughs. why didn't I catch that? gosh, I'm sorry, pal. please forgive me.

so, good buddy...do you support a constitutional amendment banning the burning of dishtowels, yes or no?

No I wouldn't support an amendment banning the burning of dish towels. Go down to your local police station and light a big towel on fire on the sidewalk in front, lets see if you don't get a ticket or arrested.

I think a ban on flag burning can be done at a state and local level. I do not believe burning a flag is or should be protected under the constitution, thus I would object to a court overuling state and local bans on flag burning. The act is not a right, so the government should be able to restrict it if 'the people' deem it a crime. If the vast majority of the people feel strongly enough about it and want to amend the constitution, I would not object to their will.

retiredman
05-15-2008, 02:37 PM
No I wouldn't support an amendment banning the burning of dish towels. Go down to your local police station and light a big towel on fire on the sidewalk in front, lets see if you don't get a ticket or arrested.

I think a ban on flag burning can be done at a state and local level. I do not believe burning a flag is or should be protected under the constitution, thus I would object to a court overuling state and local bans on flag burning. The act is not a right, so the government should be able to restrict it if 'the people' deem it a crime. If the vast majority of the people feel strongly enough about it and want to amend the constitution, I would not object to their will.

what if the vast majority of people felt strongly enough about reinstituting slavery and wanted to repeal the 13th amendment? you'd go along with their will on that too, I imagine.

retiredman
05-15-2008, 02:40 PM

and what if it were a tiny towel.... and I did it on my front lawn? what about a tiny flag? what about if I drew red stripes and a blue rectangle with 50 stars in it on a white dishtowel? Are you really suggesting that amending the constitution of the united states to ban the burning of certain pieces of cloth really makes sense?

theHawk
05-15-2008, 02:40 PM
what if the vast majority of people felt strongly enough about reinstituting slavery and wanted to repeal the 13th amendment? you'd go along with their will on that too, I imagine.

I guess I'd be in the minority.

Next smartass question. :laugh2:

retiredman
05-15-2008, 02:43 PM
I guess I'd be in the minority.

Next smartass question. :laugh2:

but would you go along with their will?

theHawk
05-15-2008, 02:50 PM
and what if it were a tiny towel.... and I did it on my front lawn? what about a tiny flag? what about if I drew red stripes and a blue rectangle with 50 stars in it on a white dishtowel? Are you really suggesting that amending the constitution of the united states to ban the burning of certain pieces of cloth really makes sense?

I already said I don't think its necessary, that it can be done on a local/state level.
And as far as I am concerned, you can burn whatever the hell you want on your own property.

theHawk
05-15-2008, 02:51 PM
but would you go along with their will?

How would I go along with their will if I said I would oppose it? :finger3:

Did you "go along with their will" when Congress voted for the war?

retiredman
05-15-2008, 03:19 PM
How would I go along with their will if I said I would oppose it? :finger3:

Did you "go along with their will" when Congress voted for the war?

to a degree, clearly I did. I did not join an armed insurrection movement in an attempt to overthrow a government who was limiting my liberty.

manu1959
05-15-2008, 03:22 PM
to a degree, clearly I did. I did not join an armed insurrection movement in an attempt to overthrow a government who was limiting my liberty.

how was your liberty limited.....

namvet
05-15-2008, 04:43 PM
I don't mind if they burn the flag. just wrap their selves in it first.

Hagbard Celine
05-15-2008, 04:49 PM
I don't mind if they burn the flag. just wrap their selves in it first.

Finally, a reasonable opinion! :rolleyes:

glockmail
05-15-2008, 08:07 PM
Finally, a reasonable opinion! :rolleyes:
I knew you'd come around eventually. Congrats! :clap:

retiredman
05-15-2008, 08:19 PM
I knew you'd come around eventually. Congrats! :clap:

I agree.

DragonStryk72
05-15-2008, 11:32 PM
They probably burned the English flags because they didn't consider themselves British, they considered themselves to be American.

You ever see the LaRaza folks buring US flags? They scream how much they hate white people and America as they burn the flags.

um, no, until they actually went through with the DoI, they still were trying to simply fix things with England. Remember that many of our forefathers had not just famillies and freinds, but titles that they would be throwing away. whole lives would be lost for them, but they kept trying until it became abundantly clear that nothing short of breaking from England would see them with a government that truly represented them.

Is LaRaza even americans? I'm not familiar with them.

DragonStryk72
05-15-2008, 11:35 PM

I'm okay with that, from a free speech perspective. Now, I'm not joining you, manu, cause I don't agree with it, but then, I'm not asking for my taste to be legislated. Actually, I'd be pretty well against you on the anti-gay thing, but that's the great part of American, I have every right to rail at you, that you have to rail at me.