PDA

View Full Version : Finally some help for the bears

actsnoblemartin
05-15-2008, 01:28 AM
http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080515/NATION/805150381

Arctic resident first to be designated primarily due to global warming as shrinking sea ice threatens survival.
Kenneth R. Weiss / Los Angeles Times

The Bush administration on Wednesday designated the polar bear as threatened with extinction, making the big arctic bear, whose fate clings to shrinking sea ice, the first creature added to the endangered species list primarily because of global warming.

The designation invokes federal protections under the Endangered Species Act, the Unites States' most powerful environmental law, which requires designation of critical habitat to be protected as well as forming a strategy to assist the bear population's recovery.

Reflecting views recently expressed by President Bush, Interior Secretary Dirk Kempthorne said the Endangered Species Act was "never meant to regulate global climate change."

stephanie
05-15-2008, 01:54 AM
fu:

actsnoblemartin
05-15-2008, 01:56 AM
thats it, im sending a polar bear to your house :laugh2:

Oh dear...............gag me.

Our jobs are now.......gone..cause of the fluffly white bears..who are not...in danger..

thank all you sons of a bitches who don't live up here....:fu:

stephanie
05-15-2008, 02:09 AM
thats it, im sending a polar bear to your house :laugh2:

You poeple don't have a clue or seem to care what you just did to our state of Alaska..

Hope you all feel good sitting in your armchair and pushed for this to make yourselves feel good......

But.........you all just cut us all out of JOBS...

Pat yourselves on the backs....yeah for you..:clap:

actsnoblemartin
05-15-2008, 02:14 AM
I never said lets put the polar bears on the endangered species list, on the other hand, what :poke: I cant feel sorry for them

and just for that, im sending a family of polar bears to your house :laugh2:

and you can thank georgie boy, not me for the bears going on the list

stephen colbert is gonnna have a field day with this

:lol:

You poeple don't have a clue or seem to care what you just did to our state of Alaska..

Hope you all feel good sitting in your armchair and pushed for this to make yourselves feel good......

But.........you all just cut us all out of JOBS...

Pat yourselves on the backs....yeah for you..:clap:

stephanie
05-15-2008, 02:27 AM
I never said lets put the polar bears on the endangered species list, on the other hand, what :poke: I cant feel sorry for them

and just for that, im sending a family of polar bears to your house :laugh2:

and you can thank georgie boy, not me for the bears going on the list

stephen colbert is gonnna have a field day with this

:lol:

You stuid shit.....you should check out what you post before you post it..

and i do blame President Bush and you for passing this junk bill..

go to hell..you and him..see ya.

actsnoblemartin
05-15-2008, 02:32 AM
steph, why the rudeness?

Its really un-becoming of you and quite frankly its :lame2: and unneccesary

You stuid shit.....you should check out what you post before you post it..

and i do blame President Bush and you for passing this junk bill..

go to hell..you and him..see ya.

actsnoblemartin
05-15-2008, 02:39 AM
no thanks,i have a gf :laugh2:

fu:

stephanie
05-15-2008, 02:44 AM
steph, why the rudeness?

Its really unbecoming of you and quite frankly its :lame2: and unnecessary

shut up..you post about the polar bears which you have no clue about..You all armchair assholes just cut off jobs for us up here in Alaska...........
then you have he nerve to ask me about why I'm so rude???

actsnoblemartin
05-15-2008, 02:45 AM
no, you shut up.

You rude little twit. You are acting like a 2 year old child, who's favorite toy has been taken away

go :fu: yourself you little bitch

and consider yourself on my iggy list, until you can control your menopause or whatever the fuck prevents you from not being an asshole

shut up..you post about the polar bears which you have no clue about for affecting the jobs in your area.......... then you have he nerve to ask me about why I'm so rude???

stephanie
05-15-2008, 02:50 AM
no, you shut up.

You rude little twit. You are acting like a 2 year old child, who's favorite toy has been taken away

go :fu: yourself you little bitch

and consider yourself on my Iggy list, until you can control your menopause or whatever the fuck prevents you from not being an asshole

You my dear....need to first grasp the subjects of whats happening in the REAL FRIGGEN WORLD....:cheers2:

actsnoblemartin
05-15-2008, 03:07 AM
that is no excuse for you dis-respecting me for no reason

stephanie
05-15-2008, 03:10 AM
what part of.....Fucking Nut Job....didn't you understand???

Apparently.............none of it, Nada, zippo, dumbo..:cheers2:

actsnoblemartin
05-15-2008, 03:12 AM
who you calling a nut job?

as i said in the pm

:cheers2:

I never said I SUPPORTED what bush was doing, the thread was made in jest.

you dont remember the al gore movie about the polar bears.

I thought we were cool, its just first pyscho then you go off on me, and its like, what the ??

what the hell did i do?

I dont like ANYONE, thinking im their punching bag, just because they dont like what i say or post.

what part of.....Fucking Nut Job....didn't you understand???

Apparently.............none of it, Nada, zippo, dumbo..:cheers2:

diuretic
05-15-2008, 03:12 AM
I thought they were recalling Mike Ditka :laugh2:

stephanie
05-15-2008, 03:27 AM
I thought they were recalling Mike Ditka :laugh2:

Are you sure you are an Aussie...

stephanie
05-15-2008, 03:48 AM
no problem.....we will be without jobs up here because you all down in the lower 48 decided that these fluffy white 12 foot bears needed to be protected........

even though ...none of you have ever seen a polar bear..:laugh2:

diuretic
05-15-2008, 05:08 AM
Are you sure you are an Aussie...

:laugh2:

Yep! I can't help liking your football though. First time I visited Chicago (Spring 1984) I would have gone over and had a look at Soldier Field but I was freezing my arse off with that bloody knife-edged wind from Lake Michigan as I moved from aquarium to planetarium and my then wife told me if I dragged her across to an empty football field I would be in big strife.

It's okay though, I was listening to a report about the polar bears on radio, there's not many left, poor buggers.

There, I got back on track. :salute:

05-15-2008, 07:00 AM
this has me so pissed. the polar bears are at the greatest population they've ever been in recorded history and they are being put on the endangered species list. Because they are in actual danger? No. its because of this stupid global warming bullcrap that doesnt exist. The world hasnt warmed in a decade.

if the government keeps doing stupid things like this to take away the liberty of people, we are going to see widespread rebellion.

diuretic
05-15-2008, 07:24 AM
How do you know they're at their highest population in recorded history?

red states rule
05-15-2008, 07:30 AM
Unbearable Legislation

Mow your yard, or grill a steak, and your killing a Polar Bear.

red states rule
05-16-2008, 12:13 PM
Another gut churning propaganda piece from the liberal media

AP: Polar Bears Will Save Us From Global Warming
By Lyndsi Thomas | May 16, 2008 - 12:50 ET

In a May 15 article, Associated Press writer H. Josef Hebert practically cheered the addition of polar bears to a federal “threatened species” list thought of the subjectively positive effects this could have on the global warming debate: “The massive and powerful furry creature that lumbers across the Arctic ice may accomplish what 20 years of environmental activism has not done: force the issue that global warming already is having an effect and there is a price for both action and inaction.”

In his story, “Analysis: Polar Bear's Impact on People is Felt,” Hebert explained that the polar brings a “face” to the global warming debate. Whereas scientists have “long have talked of the visible damage that global warming has done to sea coral” this has “escaped the notice of the average person.” However, the polar bear, according to Wildlife Conservation Society President Steven E. Sanderson as quoted in the article, is different because it is “big, it's charismatic and it's powerful. It's beautiful and it generates sympathy. If it blinks out, you'll notice.”

Hebert also took a swipe at President Bush, complaining the White House wasn’t going far enough: “The Bush administration is taking pains to draw a line between protection of the majestic mammal and the origin of its plight -- global warming.”

"This listing should not open the door ... to regulating greenhouse gas emissions from automobiles, power plants and other sources," argued Interior Secretary Dirk Kempthorne, in line with views expressed by President Bush last month.

Hebert’s snarky response: “Business fears the bear.”

Closing his story, Hebert called on the public to make sacrifices to so that the polar bear can be saved from ghastly global warming.

Sure, Hebert conceded, global warming legislation will ramp up costs for electricity, gasoline and fossil fuels. “But then there are other costs,” Hebert insisted: “the loss of an Arctic icon.”

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/lyndsi-thomas/2008/05/16/ap-polar-bears-will-save-us-global-warming

Abbey Marie
05-16-2008, 03:06 PM
Stephanie, help me out: how does the endangered species designation for polar bears, mean no jobs for Alaskans?

Gadget (fmr Marine)
05-16-2008, 03:24 PM
What I find most amusing is that there is only a small percentage of bears that would be protected, since the bear's range is limites to Alaska, as far as the US has jurisdiction.

Sometimes, it is just the logical course of nature that animals become extinct.

The bears are not becoming extinct because of global warming....they are becoming extinct (maybe) because they do not multiply as fast as radical religious zealots do......

They are a nuisance, with regard to human life.....

1. The world polar bear population is estimated to be between 21,000 and 28,000 individuals (Wiig, 1993/94).

2. Due to governmental regulations on hunting, the population has increased from an estimated 10,000 polar bears in 1968 (Stirling, 1988).

Trigg
05-16-2008, 03:25 PM
Stephanie, help me out: how does the endangered species designation for polar bears, mean no jobs for Alaskans?

Sitting here wondering the same thing

stephanie
05-16-2008, 03:40 PM

The Environmentalist using animals has stopped drilling up here, which would bring jobs to the state.

I'm making this prediction...because environmentalist won't be happy with just protecting the polar bears..they will next go after commercial fishing, because it is killing the endangered bears, and on and on..

that's how they prevent jobs here..

actsnoblemartin
05-16-2008, 03:56 PM
im starting to realize the bears are getting spoiled. If they get any more spoiled they will get a fancy dinner and a manicure :laugh2:

The Environmentalist using animals has stopped drilling up here, which would bring jobs to the state.

I'm making this prediction...because environmentalist won't be happy with just protecting the polar bears..they will next go after commercial fishing, because it is killing the endangered bears, and on and on..

that's how they prevent jobs here..

red states rule
05-16-2008, 03:58 PM
im starting to realize the bears are getting spoiled. If they get any more spoiled they will get a fancy dinner and a manicure :laugh2:

Al sings about the demise of the bears

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZXrc1XZayp4&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZXrc1XZayp4&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

actsnoblemartin
05-18-2008, 04:06 AM
da bears :laugh2:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/msSB5ev41Sk&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/msSB5ev41Sk&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

NightTrain
05-20-2008, 02:25 PM

Almost all of us are frustrated due to this last bit of bullshit compliments of the Greenies.

This move was designed to add another arrow to their quiver - the next time anything is proposed to develop a resource above the Arctic Circle, they now have the option to challenge the proposal on behalf of those damn bears and it'll be sidelined for years as the legal battles ensue.

This is just the latest shot in a long series of interference by special interest groups. Every time a project begins to get underway to develop our natural resources here in Alaska, one of the special interest groups from California or somewhere else in the Lower 48 will file lawsuits and bombard us with TV, Radio and Newspaper ads swimming with half-truths and deceptive wording. It doesn't help that the Anchorage Daily News, the largest paper in AK, is owned by a liberal news outfit from California.

Anything to do with Hunting, Logging, Oil or Mining is automatically targetted by an Out-of-State Greenie outfit and they do their damndest to get it shut down.

Steph is pissed about this and so am I. We have the distinctly unpleasant sensation of being fucked by people who don't even live in this State.