PDA

View Full Version : McCain's 2013 predictions.

theHawk
05-15-2008, 10:13 AM
McCain says what he hopes to acheive by the end of his first term should he be elected.

The Arizona senator said he believes the United States will have a smaller military presence in Iraq that will not play a direct combat role, and he predicts that al Qaeda in Iraq will be defeated.

Witnessing "a reluctant Russia and China" cooperating in "pressuring Iran to abandon its nuclear ambitions, and North Korea to discontinue its own," because of "concerted action by the great democracies of the world."

Significantly increasing the size of the Army and Marine Corps, which will be "better equipped and trained to defend us."

The application of "stiff diplomatic and economic pressure" by the United States -- acting in concert with a newly formed League of Democracies -- to cause Sudan to agree to a multinational peacekeeping force, with NATO countries providing logistical and air support, to stop the genocide in Darfur.

Several years of robust economic growth for the United States, with Americans again having confidence in their economic future.

Millions of taxpayers filing under a flat tax and saving billions in the cost of preparing their returns.

The world food crisis ending, low inflation, and a "much improved" quality of life "not only in our country, but in some of the most impoverished countries around the world."

More accessible health care for Americans and an easing on the pressure on Medicare due to the reduction in the growth of health care costs.

A United States well on its way to "independence from foreign sources of oil."

The confirmation of "scores of judges" to the federal district and appellate courts, including the U.S. Supreme Court.

A secure southern border for the United States after "tremendous improvements to border security infrastructure and increases in the border patrol, and vigorous prosecution of companies that employ illegal aliens."

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/05/15/mccain.2013/index.html

Sounds like he is starting to get it.

Gaffer
05-15-2008, 08:27 PM
I don't think he gets it concerning iran and islam in general. Russia and china won't do anything that doesn't put coins in their pockets.

actsnoblemartin
05-15-2008, 08:29 PM
where have i seen this thread before :laugh2:

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=14358

McCain says what he hopes to acheive by the end of his first term should he be elected.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/05/15/mccain.2013/index.html

Sounds like he is starting to get it.

mundame
05-15-2008, 09:52 PM
The Fox Panel tonight said this speech was all about saying that McCain would only run for one term, because the idea of him still president at 80 would make voters nervous.

theHawk
05-16-2008, 08:28 AM
I don't think he gets it concerning iran and islam in general. Russia and china won't do anything that doesn't put coins in their pockets.

True. We'll never see a Pres with the balls to call out Russia and China for the greedy bastards they are.

glockmail
05-16-2008, 08:57 AM
The Fox Panel tonight said this speech was all about saying that McCain would only run for one term, because the idea of him still president at 80 would make voters nervous. All the more reason why his Veep selection will be crucial to his chances of being elected. Personaly I'd like to see Rice, Steele or Watts.

mundame
05-16-2008, 10:20 AM
All the more reason why his Veep selection will be crucial to his chances of being elected. Personaly I'd like to see Rice, Steele or Watts.

I don't know Watts, but I agree with you: Rice or Steele would be very attractive and would cut into the Dem/black vote issue.

I'm from Maryland; Steele seems fine to me, I've heard him speak in person.

PostmodernProphet
05-16-2008, 10:32 AM
I don't know Watts, but I agree with you: Rice or Steele would be very attractive and would cut into the Dem/black vote issue.

I've always liked Watts, though I am not sure how a black Republican candidate would be received at this point.....if Obama gets the nomination, I think a black Republican VP would be viewed as pandering, which would be counterproductive....

however, if Hillary gets the nomination and Obama is NOT the VP, I think a black Republican VP would be devastating to the Dems chances of winning......the same would be true of a woman VP candidate if an Obama presidential ticket didn't include Hillary as VP.....

an interesting point, according to Watts wiki biography, he is a close friend of McCain's.......Watts would give McCain support in the Midwestern states that are at risk, like Iowa and Minnesotta....I also think he would help in North Carolina.....

the difficulty is that McCain won't know what he needs in a VP until the Dems pick their presidential nominee.....the swing states are different for Hillary than they are for Obama....

glockmail
05-16-2008, 10:32 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._C._Watts