PDA

View Full Version : MSNBC's Keith Olberman takes off after Bush.....You go, dude!

GW in Ohio
05-15-2008, 10:26 AM
Olberman to Bush: "Shut the hell up!"

Tonight, Keith Olbermann unleashed what may well have been his angriest, most blistering Special Comment yet, aimed squarely at his favorite target: President Bush. Olbermann was responding to Bush's claim that he had given up golf in honor of the Iraq war -- and his assertion that a Democratic president withdrawing from Iraq would "eventually lead to another attack on the United States" -- a statement Olbermann called "ludicrous, infuriating, holier-than-thou and most importantly bone-headedly wrong." Olbermann continued in that vein for a full 12 minutes (or 2,000 words), frequently raising his voice and spitting out his words in disgust.

Olbermann turned Bush's reference to "cold-blooded killers who will kill people to achieve their political objectives" around and threw it back at him, saying that such killers were "those in -- or formerly in -- your employ, who may yet be charged some day with war crimes." It didn't get any milder -- saying that, to Bush, "freedom is just a brand name," and pointing out that al Qaeda in Iraq was a result of the invasion: "Terrorism inside Iraq is your creation, Mr. Bush!" Olbermann also criticized Bush's statement that he was "told by people" that there were WMDs in Iraq: "People? What people?... Mr. Bush, you destroyed the evidence that contradicted the resolution you jammed down the Congress's throat, the way you jammed it down the nation's throat."

I'm glad somebody in the media is calling Bush out on his bullshit.

http://www.salon.com/

theHawk
05-15-2008, 10:34 AM
How is that different than any other night for Olberman? He is a partisan hack and a rabid Bush hater. Its actually more than just being a hater, it seems to be an obsession with Bush. Keith Olberman is a clear cut example of a liberal with Bush derrangement syndrome. Whats poor Keith going to focus all his pent up anger at once Bush leaves office?

GW in Ohio
05-15-2008, 11:20 AM
How is that different than any other night for Olberman? He is a partisan hack and a rabid Bush hater. Its actually more than just being a hater, it seems to be an obsession with Bush. Keith Olberman is a clear cut example of a liberal with Bush derrangement syndrome. Whats poor Keith going to focus all his pent up anger at once Bush leaves office?

Perhaps he won't be angry any more.

It does wonders for your outlook when your president is not a complete fool.

05-15-2008, 11:22 AM

If President Bush is a fool, then he is the perfect representitive for Keith.

GW in Ohio
05-15-2008, 11:45 AM
If President Bush is a fool, then he is the perfect representitive for Keith.

Bush represents all the fools who voted for him, many of whom deeply regret their choice.

71% of Americans think this jackass is doing a piss-poor job. Too bad some of them didn't reach that conclusion in '04.

midcan5
05-15-2008, 11:50 AM
I turned to the end of that talk, wow.

Olbermann: Bush interview unforgiveable

May 14: Countdown’s Keith Olbermann gives a Special Comment on President Bush’s recent Politico interview. Pres. Bush suggested that electing a Democrat as president means “another attack on the United States.” He also shows his empathy for the death of U.S. soldiers… by giving up golf.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/24635229#24635229

manu1959
05-15-2008, 11:52 AM

the tolerance of the left pops its head up for yet another game of whack a mole....

retiredman
05-15-2008, 11:56 AM
the tolerance of the left pops its head up for yet another game of whack a mole....

did I somehow miss your tolerance of reverend wright?

or is tolerance only required of the left?

Hagbard Celine
05-15-2008, 12:04 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I turned to the end of that talk, wow.

Olbermann: Bush interview unforgiveable

May 14: Countdown’s Keith Olbermann gives a Special Comment on President Bush’s recent Politico interview. Pres. Bush suggested that electing a Democrat as president means “another attack on the United States.” He also shows his empathy for the death of U.S. soldiers… by giving up golf.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540...35229#24635229
Holy crap. That was a wicked burn.

manu1959
05-15-2008, 12:10 PM
did I somehow miss your tolerance of reverend wright? or is tolerance only required of the left?

tolerance is preached by the left as a requirement .....

i do not practice tolerance of things i think are wrong .....

retiredman
05-15-2008, 12:11 PM
tolerance is preached by the left as a requirement .....

i do not practice tolerance of things i think are wrong .....

neither do I... and I think the war in Iraq is wrong. I think Bush is wrong. I am intolerant of both.

Trigg
05-15-2008, 12:13 PM
Well, I only got through about 1/2 of that video before turning it off.

Olberman needs to realize, in damning Bush, that Saddam was murdering his own people. Were there WMD? Turns out the answer was no, but Bush is correct in saying that our allies as well as liberals were convinced there were and voted for the war.

Saddams crimes:

1. Hundreds of thousands of Kurds fled the area, yet it is estimated that up to 182,000 were killed during the Anfal campaign. Many people consider the Anfal campaign an attempt at genocide.

2. Beginning in the morning on March 16, 1988 and continuing all night, the Iraqis rained down volley after volley of bombs filled with a deadly mixture of mustard gas and nerve agents on Halabja. Immediate effects of the chemicals included blindness, vomiting, blisters, convulsions, and asphyxiation. Approximately 5,000 women, men, and children died within days of the attacks. Long-term effects included permanent blindness, cancer, and birth defects. An estimated 10,000 lived, but live daily with the disfigurement and sicknesses from the chemical weapons.

3.As supposed punishment for supporting the Shiite rebellion in 1991, Saddam Hussein's regime killed thousands of Marsh Arabs, bulldozed their villages, and systematically ruined their way of life.

http://history1900s.about.com/od/saddamhussein/a/husseincrimes.htm

My position on the war was and is that we shouldn't have gone in, Saddam controlled the area through fear and intimidation. Lets not pretend that Iraq was governed by a sweet, kindharted man until the BIG BAD US came in and started blowing things up.

retiredman
05-15-2008, 12:24 PM
My position on the war was and is that we shouldn't have gone in, Saddam controlled the area through fear and intimidation. Lets not pretend that Iraq was governed by a sweet, kindharted man until the BIG BAD US came in and started blowing things up.

no one is pretending that at all. Saddam was an asshole. Unfortunately, the world is full of assholes in charge of governments mistreating their citizenry to varying degrees. Saddam had ZERO to do with the bad guys who attacked us, and, from my perspective (as delineated in my blog entry of 3/13) Saddam, as bad as he was, was doing three things for us that we would LOVE to be able to do as well: 1. keeping sunnis and shiites from slaughtering one another. 2. keeping islamic extremists out of Iraq, and 3. keeping a check on Iranian regional hegemony. Our blunder into Iraq has been counterproductive to our efforts against islamic extremists and has made us less safe...not to mention costing us 34K dead and wounded, a half a trillion dollars, five wasted years, and an incalculable loss of prestige in the world community. It has been the single worst, most misquided diplomatic blunder in our nation's history, IMHO.

manu1959
05-15-2008, 12:33 PM
neither do I... and I think the war in Iraq is wrong. I think Bush is wrong. I am intolerant of both.

the war in iraq is no more wrong than any other war waged to remove a ruthless dictator that violated the terms of a cease fire of a hostile action that the dead dictator started....

if bush is wrong, most of congress is an accomplice as they are doing nothing to right this wrong ..... further, bush will be gone in a few months .... most of congress will remain and continue to do nothing to right the wrong they participated in .....

if they were of the moral fiber they proclaim daily on the television they would actually do something rather than just talk about it .....

but there are more pressing matters like baseball and football cheating ....

Hagbard Celine
05-15-2008, 12:35 PM
Well, I only got through about 1/2 of that video before turning it off.

Yeah, the truth can be kinda hard to listen to sometimes.

hjmick
05-15-2008, 12:36 PM
Keith Olbermann is the Sean Hannity of the left. Though I do find him to be more hateful and less tloerant towards that which he disagrees. Personally, I can't stand either one of them and instead tune into HGTV.

manu1959
05-15-2008, 12:38 PM

opinions are not truth......kinda explains cnns ratings ....but i digress

stephanie
05-15-2008, 12:39 PM

No...listening to a screeching liberal talking head is what's hard to stomach..

that's why liberals can't make it in talk radio, and olbermann only has an audience of..............10 people..:cheers2:

manu1959
05-15-2008, 12:41 PM
Keith Olbermann is the Sean Hannity of the left. Though I do find him to be more hateful and less tloerant towards that which he disagrees. Personally, I can't stand either one of them and instead tune into HGTV.

there are very few political pundits that do not come off as some crazed fool.....

and they take themselves so seriously as if screaming and insulting will sway the opposition to their cause....

Trigg
05-15-2008, 12:42 PM

I think it was the unjustified hatred that did it. Thanks for playing though :fu:

GW in Ohio
05-15-2008, 12:48 PM
the war in iraq is no more wrong than any other war waged to remove a ruthless dictator that violated the terms of a cease fire of a hostile action that the dead dictator started....

if bush is wrong, most of congress is an accomplice as they are doing nothing to right this wrong ..... further, bush will be gone in a few months .... most of congress will remain and continue to do nothing to right the wrong they participated in .....

if they were of the moral fiber they proclaim daily on the television they would actually do something rather than just talk about it .....

but there are more pressing matters like baseball and football cheating ....

No, no, no, no......

Don't try to shift the blame for the Iraq clusterfuck on Congress.

Bush is the Commander in Chief. He is the one responsible for orchestrating what manfrommaine has rightly called the worst diplomatic blunder in the history of this country.

Bush could have and would have invaded Iraq whether Congress gave their approval or not.

As CinC and President, Bush bears just about all the responsibility for Iraq.

Yurt
05-15-2008, 12:54 PM
No, no, no, no......

Bush is the Commander in Chief. He is the one responsible for orchestrating what manfrommaine has rightly called the worst diplomatic blunder in the history of this country.

Bush could have and would have invaded Iraq whether Congress gave their approval or not.

but they DID give their approval :poke:

manu1959
05-15-2008, 12:59 PM
No, no, no, no......

not shifting blame, just pointing out congress voted to go....and now that they don't like the results ....they are doing nothing about it but complaining.....and blaming others for their failed decission.....

who are they going to blame for their inaction.....

yes ordering troops to war without congressional approval is something only bush would do ..... clinton would have never done that ......... or did he .....

Hagbard Celine
05-15-2008, 01:00 PM
I think it was the unjustified hatred that did it. Thanks for playing though :fu:

Thanks for that obscene gesture Christian sister. And no, I think it probably has more to do with your own self-loathing (why did I hitch my wagon to Bush's doomed star? I can't take it back now because I'd have to eat eight solid years of my own vitreolic words if I did! BOO HOO) than "unjustified hatred," which has nothing to do with Olberman's rebuke. Olberman's rebuke is reflective of the attitude of the majority of Americans. The "71 percent" who think Bush sucks at life.

manu1959
05-15-2008, 01:05 PM
The "71 percent" who think Bush sucks at life.

got a link to this poll.........

Hagbard Celine
05-15-2008, 01:06 PM
got a link to this poll.........

Yeah. It's in post #6 genius. Please keep up. I can't keep supplying your messageboard training wheels.

manu1959
05-15-2008, 01:11 PM
Yeah. It's in post #6 genius. Please keep up. I can't keep supplying your messageboard training wheels.

that is a video of a failed sports caster exhibiting his need for anger managment and tollerance re-education classes....

i asked for a link to your claim that 71% of americans think bush sucks at life....

Hagbard Celine
05-15-2008, 01:16 PM
that is a video of a failed sports caster exhibiting his need for anger managment and tollerance re-education classes....

i asked for a link to your claim that 71% of americans think bush sucks at life....

If you'll take-off your rose-colored glasses and listen to Olberman, he cites that statistic. What that video is, is an honest rebuke of the worst President in recent history. If you really want to see a failure exhibit the need for "anger management," I suggest you take a look at this:
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2tJjNVVwRCY&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2tJjNVVwRCY&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

manu1959
05-15-2008, 01:23 PM
If you'll take-off your rose-colored glasses and listen to Olberman, he cites that statistic. What that video is, is an honest rebuke of the worst President in recent history. If you really want to see a failure exhibit the need for "anger management," I suggest you take a look at this:
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2tJjNVVwRCY&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2tJjNVVwRCY&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

can't view your link.....

90% of people in america don't like keith olberman .... guess that makes what he says moot then.....

as for the worst president in recent history......carter gives him a good run for his money......

and i do look forword to the o'hillary years ...... when the disney years return .....

Hagbard Celine
05-15-2008, 01:29 PM
can't view your link.....

90% of people in america don't like keith olberman .... guess that makes what he says moot then.....

as for the worst president in recent history......carter gives him a good run for his money......

and i do look forword to the o'hillary years ...... when the disney years return .....

:rolleyes: Where did you get that "90 percent" statistic? Your ass? I would say I'd like a link to that just to give you a taste of your own bitter medicine, but I really, really don't want THAT link.
Carter didn't start an illegal war against an innocent nation and was not completely responsible for the deaths of over 3500 US soldiers. (shrug) So with that one sentence you've been proven unequivocally wrong AND you've been made to look foolish.

manu1959
05-15-2008, 01:35 PM
:rolleyes: Where did you get that "90 percent" statistic? Your ass? I would say I'd like a link to that just to give you a taste of your own bitter medicine, but I really, really don't want THAT link.
Carter didn't start an illegal war against an innocent nation and was not completely responsible for the deaths of over 3500 US soldiers. (shrug) So with that one sentence you've been proven unequivocally wrong AND you've been made to look foolish.

a poll.....same place you got your 71% number that bush sucks at life.....

carter invaded iran with no approval from anyone....you weren't alive then were you great economic times those were.....tell my how many us military folks died during clinton's illegal wars ....

retiredman
05-15-2008, 01:36 PM
4077 dead
29978 wounded

as of today.

retiredman
05-15-2008, 01:38 PM

carter invaded iran with no approval from anyone....you weren't alive then were you great economic times those were.....tell my how many us military folks died during clinton's illegal wars ....

carter's failed rescue mission was hardly an "invasion".:laugh2:

05-15-2008, 01:46 PM

What does the truth have to do with the topic at hand?

05-15-2008, 01:47 PM
No, no, no, no......

The worst diplomatic blunder in the history of the country? Sheesh we need to better educate people in historical matters.

GW in Ohio
05-15-2008, 01:55 PM
The worst diplomatic blunder in the history of the country? Sheesh we need to better educate people in historical matters.

If Americans were better educated, George Bush would never have been elected twice.

I could see how he got elected in 2000. He seemed like he might have potential.

But in '04, everybody but the most docile of dittoheads knew the extent of his incompetence and stupidity. Yet they voted him in again.

Many now regret that vote (Bush's approval ratings continue to plummet).

If only they were better educated in '04.

manu1959
05-15-2008, 02:18 PM
If Americans were better educated, George Bush would never have been elected twice.

But in '04, everybody but the most docile of dittoheads knew the extent of his incompetence and stupidity. Yet they voted him in again.

yes ..... everyone is "stupider" than you ......

manu1959
05-15-2008, 02:19 PM
carter's failed rescue mission was hardly an "invasion".:laugh2:

maybe that is why it failed......

retiredman
05-15-2008, 02:22 PM
maybe that is why it failed......

no doubt. I wanted him to level Tehran with carpet bombing after a 24 hour warning to give us back our embassy and our diplomats... and every single officer in my wardroom was on the same page....and we were pissed as hell to have a perfectly good westpac deployment ruined by having to spend seven months in the northern arabian sea instead.

manu1959
05-15-2008, 02:30 PM
no doubt. I wanted him to level Tehran with carpet bombing after a 24 hour warning to give us back our embassy and our diplomats... and every single officer in my wardroom was on the same page....and we were pissed as hell to have a perfectly good westpac deployment ruined by having to spend seven months in the northern arabian sea instead.

you hold an interesting view on this moment in history ......

05-15-2008, 02:39 PM

Give us someone better than Clinton, Gore, Obama, or Kerry and you can talk about the American people being stupid and incompetant.

But as long as you try to argue that they will be better, then you lose all credibility when you attack the President's supporters as "stupid"

red states rule
05-16-2008, 05:46 AM

Here are the ratings, Obey trails Bill by more then 2 to 1

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/ratings/the_scoreboard_wednesday_may_14_84958.asp#more

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/ratings/the_scoreboard_tuesday_may_13_84864.asp#more

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/ratings/the_scoreboard_monday_may_12_84757.asp#more

Trigg
05-16-2008, 06:30 AM

If the dems had been smart enough to run someone other than Kerry, Bush wouldn't have won twice.

Bush winning in 04 had nothing to do with education and everything to do with the libs running idiotic candidates.

red states rule
05-16-2008, 06:34 AM

Libs, and the management at DNCTV call Fox News biased

Well here is example of how "fair and balanced" things are at DNCTV

Morning Joe's All Bush-Bashing Lineup
By Mark Finkelstein | May 16, 2008 - 06:35 ET

The big story this morning is President Bush's remarks to the Israeli Knesset invoking the example of Hitler to warn against the appeasement of Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. In the opening segment, from Mika Brzezinski [subbing for Joe Scarborough and seen in file photo] to Willie Geist to Pat Buchanan to Mike Barnicle to David Shuster, nary a word in defense of Bush was heard, with Shuster twice referring to Bush's remarks as "grotesque." The only slight straying from Bush-bashing orthodoxy was Barnicle's observation that when he first heard of the remarks, he took them as aimed at Jimmy Carter, not Barack Obama.

A show purporting to have any semblance of balance would surely have a defender, if not of Bush, then at least of John McCain [who has reacted approvingly to Bush's comments] as a subsequent guest on today's show. Well, here's the guest lineup that Mika announced:

Bill Richardson--Obama endorser
Joe Biden--who has called Bush's remarks "bull----"
Susan Rice--Obama foreign policy advisor
Jonathan Alter--liberal pundit and occasional Olbermann sidekick

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/mark-finkelstein/2008/05/16/morning-joes-all-bush-bashing-lineup

Trigg
05-16-2008, 06:36 AM
Thanks for that obscene gesture Christian sister. And no, I think it probably has more to do with your own self-loathing (why did I hitch my wagon to Bush's doomed star? I can't take it back now because I'd have to eat eight solid years of my own vitreolic words if I did! BOO HOO) than "unjustified hatred," which has nothing to do with Olberman's rebuke. Olberman's rebuke is reflective of the attitude of the majority of Americans. The "71 percent" who think Bush sucks at life.

Never claimed to be a good Christian.

Yep my thinking Olberman's rant was hatred has everything to do with my self-loathing. Whatever :lame2:

Once again, the reason the dems keep loosing the White House is because they keep running dumb shits like Gore and Kerry.

I was gonna vote Dean last time, but NOOOOOOOOO the MSM buried him because of that stupid yell. You remember, the one they played non-stop for a month. The MSM picks their boy and ruins everyone else's chances. Kind of like what they've been doing to Hitlery from the beginning of this campaign.

red states rule
05-16-2008, 06:39 AM
Never claimed to be a good Christian.

Yep my thinking Olberman's rant was hatred has everything to do with my self-loathing. Whatever :lame2:

Once again, the reason the dems keep loosing the White House is because they keep running dumb shits like Gore and Kerry.

I was gonna vote Dean last time, but NOOOOOOOOO the MSM buried him because of that stupid yell. You remember, the one they played non-stop for a month. The MSM picks their boy and ruins everyone else's chances. Kind of like what they've been doing to Hitlery from the beginning of this campaign.

and now the Dems are running a racist, America hating, blue nosed tax and spend snob

When he loses in November, libs will scream how racist America is

Trigg
05-16-2008, 06:43 AM
and now the Dems are running a racist, America hating, blue nosed tax and spend snob

When he loses in November, libs will scream how racist America is

The uneducated racist masses.

It surely won't be because the man is a Jr. Senator who hasn't done either of the jobs he was ALREADY elected to do.

1. Win in Illinois - start running for US senate
2. Win Senate - start running for President
3. Vote 182 times "present"

If he's elected President will he do that Job??????????????????

red states rule
05-16-2008, 06:46 AM
The uneducated racist masses.

It surely won't be because the man is a Jr. Senator who hasn't done either of the jobs he was ALREADY elected to do.

1. Win in Illinois - start running for US senate
2. Win Senate - start running for President
3. Vote 182 times "present"

If he's elected President will he do that Job??????????????????

Given what this guy stands for - he will take America back to the good ol' days of Pres Peanut

An economy going down the tubes, unemployment increasing, appeasement to terrorists, and America seen as a paper tiger throughout the world