PDA

View Full Version : McCain believes Iraq war can be won by 2013

actsnoblemartin
05-15-2008, 06:21 PM
I believe that it is possible to win the war, if patreus thinks it can be won, why not keep going, why give up?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080515/ap_on_el_pr/mccain_governing_style

By GLEN JOHNSON, Associated Press Writer 19 minutes ago

COLUMBUS, Ohio - Republican John McCain declared for the first time Thursday he believes the Iraq war can be won by 2013, although he rejected suggestions that his talk of a timetable put him on the same side as Democrats clamoring for full-scale troop withdrawals.
ADVERTISEMENT

The Republican presidential contender, in a mystical speech that also envisioned Osama bin Laden dead or captured, and Americans with the choice of paying a simple flat tax or following their standard 1040 form, said only a small number of troops would remain in Iraq by the end of a prospective first term because al-Qaida will have been defeated and Iraq's government will be functioning on its own.

"By January 2013, America has welcomed home most of the servicemen and women who have sacrificed terribly so that America might be secure in her freedom. The Iraq War has been won," McCain told an audience of several hundred here in the capital city of a general election battleground state.

Yurt
05-15-2008, 06:26 PM
sounds like the most reasonable plan i have heard so far...

red states rule
05-15-2008, 06:30 PM
sounds like the most reasonable plan i have heard so far...

But the party of surredner and appeasemnt wil do all they can to undermine the plan

Look at how the fucking crybabies are reacting to Pres Bush's speech where he called them what they are - appeasers. Think how they will react to a McCain saying we can win?

Yurt
05-15-2008, 06:35 PM
But the party of surredner and appeasemnt wil do all they can to undermine the plan

Look at how the fucking crybabies are reacting to Pres Bush's speech where he called them what they are - appeasers. Think how they will react to a McCain saying we can win?

oblaba says 16 months into his presidency....all the terrorist have to do now is simply wait out 16 months...or all they have to do is ramp it up for a short 16 months and kill as many of us as they can because they know, that no matter what, the surrender monkey is leaving.

red states rule
05-15-2008, 06:37 PM
oblaba says 16 months into his presidency....all the terrorist have to do now is simply wait out 16 months...or all they have to do is ramp it up for a short 16 months and kill as many of us as they can because they know, that no matter what, the surrender monkey is leaving.

That is what they are trying to do now. Dems are the best allies the Dems have right now

05-15-2008, 06:42 PM
shouldnt be tough.

mundame
05-15-2008, 09:59 PM
So McCain wants to drag the war out AT LEAST another four years.

That'll sure make him popular with the voters!

No wonder Republicans have lost the last three special elections. They have nothing at all to offer the country except losing all these wars forever and ever amen.

Gaffer
05-15-2008, 10:12 PM
The war will continue long after we leave iraq. iraq is just a front. One of many. whether we stay there one day or ten years.

82Marine89
05-15-2008, 10:59 PM
The Republican presidential contender, in a mystical speech that also envisioned Osama bin Laden dead or captured, and Americans with the choice of paying a simple flat tax or following their standard 1040 form, said only a small number of troops would remain in Iraq by the end of a prospective first term because al-Qaida will have been defeated and Iraq's government will be functioning on its own.

No bias in the reporting here. Nope. None at all.

Yurt
05-15-2008, 11:21 PM

No wonder Republicans have lost the last three special elections. They have nothing at all to offer the country except losing all these wars forever and ever amen.

and withdrawing troops in 16 months is "winning"

dread
05-15-2008, 11:28 PM
The war will continue long after we leave iraq. iraq is just a front. One of many. whether we stay there one day or ten years.

I agree.....

mundame
05-16-2008, 11:35 AM

Where are all these many other wars?

I only know of two wars we are in, Iraq and Afghanistan. Can you name some other fronts in these so-many wars?

gabosaurus
05-16-2008, 11:53 AM
They already have the T-shirt ready for McCain's running mate.

http://i26.tinypic.com/2h655it.jpg

red states rule
05-16-2008, 11:58 AM

More fitting for Obama. He wants to give illegals drivers licenses, in state tuition , and now health care

The change he is talking about is turning into huge dollars out of our paychecks

theHawk
05-16-2008, 12:04 PM

So, even Obama says we could be in there for at LEAST four years when he is Prez.

But Obama was then asked if he would "pledge that by January 2013, the end of your first term more than five years from now, there will be no U.S. troops in Iraq?" Obama's answer: Nope.
I think it's hard to project four years from now, and I think it would be irresponsible. We don't know what contingency will be out there. What I can promise is that... I will drastically reduce our presence there to the mission of protecting our embassy, protecting our civilians and making sure that we're carrying out counterterrorism activities there. I believe that we should have all our troops out by 2013, but I don't want to make promises not knowing what the situation's going to be three or four years out.

http://blog.wired.com/defense/2008/05/mccain-obama-no.html

red states rule
05-16-2008, 12:08 PM
So, even Obama says we could be in there for at LEAST four years when he is Prez.

http://blog.wired.com/defense/2008/05/mccain-obama-no.html

Am I correct when I say Hillary said troops would still in Inraq by the end of her first term?

GW in Ohio
05-16-2008, 12:45 PM
I believe that it is possible to win the war, if patreus thinks it can be won, why not keep going, why give up?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080515/ap_on_el_pr/mccain_governing_style

By GLEN JOHNSON, Associated Press Writer 19 minutes ago

COLUMBUS, Ohio - Republican John McCain declared for the first time Thursday he believes the Iraq war can be won by 2013, although he rejected suggestions that his talk of a timetable put him on the same side as Democrats clamoring for full-scale troop withdrawals.
ADVERTISEMENT

"By January 2013, America has welcomed home most of the servicemen and women who have sacrificed terribly so that America might be secure in her freedom. The Iraq War has been won," McCain told an audience of several hundred here in the capital city of a general election battleground state.

martin: This is hilarious.

McCain thinks the Iraq war can be "won" by 2013?

The American people decided last year that they've had enough of this stupid "war."

People are catching on that Republicans use war the same way the rulers in George Orwell's did.....to keep the people in a constant patriotic frenzy.

[i]Oceana is not the enemy....Oceana has NEVER been the enemy.....East Asia is the enemy........

Substitute Iraq or Iran for Oceana and you have the Bush presidency.

That shit is getting old.

red states rule
05-16-2008, 12:51 PM
martin: This is hilarious.

McCain thinks the Iraq war can be "won" by 2013?

The American people decided last year that they've had enough of this stupid "war."

People are catching on that Republicans use war the same way the rulers in George Orwell's did.....to keep the people in a constant patriotic frenzy.

[i]Oceana is not the enemy....Oceana has NEVER been the enemy.....East Asia is the enemy........

Substitute Iraq or Iran for Oceana and you have the Bush presidency.

That shit is getting old.

Another member of the party of appeasement bellows again

Yurt
05-16-2008, 01:19 PM

thats actually pretty funny given the element of truth to it

retiredman
05-16-2008, 01:34 PM
Another member of the party of appeasement bellows again

Look what America says:

Quinnipiac University Poll. May 8-12, 2008. N=1,745 registered voters nationwide. MoE ± 2.4.

"What should the United States do in Iraq: withdraw all troops as soon as possible, or, set a timetable to withdraw troops gradually, or, keep troops in Iraq as long as needed?"

Withdraw ASAP 22
Set a Timetable 48
Keep Troops As Long as Needed 28
Unsure 3

red states rule
05-16-2008, 01:35 PM
Look what America says:

Quinnipiac University Poll. May 8-12, 2008. N=1,745 registered voters nationwide. MoE ± 2.4.

"What should the United States do in Iraq: withdraw all troops as soon as possible, or, set a timetable to withdraw troops gradually, or, keep troops in Iraq as long as needed?"

Withdraw ASAP 22
Set a Timetable 48
Keep Troops As Long as Needed 28
Unsure 3

Only liberals would set US defense and security polices based on polls and focus groups

Keep waving the white flag MFM - idiots like you are the terrorists best friends

retiredman
05-16-2008, 01:38 PM
Only liberals would set US defense and security polices based on polls and focus groups

Keep waving the white flag MFM - idiots like you are the terrorists best friends

the fact remains. 7 out of 10 Americans want us out - if not immediately, then by a date certain. Are you suggesting that 70% of Americans are friendly to terrorists?

red states rule
05-16-2008, 01:40 PM
the fact remains. 7 out of 10 Americans want us out - if not immediately, then by a date certain. Are you suggesting that 70% of Americans are friendly to terrorists?

I am saying only liberals like you will set national defense polcies based on polls

Shows how people like you do not care about the US - only political gain

retiredman
05-16-2008, 01:43 PM
I am saying only liberals like you will set national defense polcies based on polls

Shows how people like you do not care about the US - only political gain

what do you say to those 70% of Americans who want us out either now or at a date certain? Are you calling 70% of americans terrorist appeasers?

mundame
05-16-2008, 01:47 PM

Obama:
"I believe that we should have all our troops out by 2013, but I don't want to make promises not knowing what the situation's going to be three or four years out."

This kind of thing is one of the reasons I'm not voting for either of these turkeys. BOTH of them say they won't get out till 2013, if then!!!!!!!

Unacceptable. Or at least, unsupportable.

I bet Hillary actually would get out: she's experienced enough to know the war would eat up her administration, just like it has eaten up Bush's presidency and would eat up the presidency of either Barackywhacky or McCain.

theHawk
05-19-2008, 08:30 AM
what do you say to those 70% of Americans who want us out either now or at a date certain? Are you calling 70% of americans terrorist appeasers?

I am one of those 70%. It doesn't mean we should pull out immediately or irresponsibly. Nor does it mean I hate Bush. Nor does it mean I'll vote for a Democrat.

The fact is, nothing is going to "change" in Iraq with Obama as Prez. He is going to be a lame duck Commander-in-Chief.

Pale Rider
05-19-2008, 11:31 AM

This is exactly what is happening, and as close to the truth of the matter as I have seen. If we are in Iraq, no matter the amount of time, fighting will be going on now is it will be in ten, twenty, a hundred more years. That's what those people over there do. They kill each other. They've doing it for centuries. For mccain to say we can win the war by 2013 is just pure ass bull shit. The "ONE THING" nancy pelosi says that I agree with is, there is no military solution to this war. Well.... there's one.... and that would be to KILL every, single muslim on earth that believes in jihad.

red states rule
05-19-2008, 11:33 AM
This is exactly what is happening, and as close to the truth of the matter as I have seen. If we are in Iraq, no matter the amount of time, fighting will be going on now is it will be in ten, twenty, a hundred more years. That's what those people over there do. They kill each other. They've doing it for centuries. For mccain to say we can win the war by 2013 is just pure ass bull shit.

Then why is AQ on the run after saying Iraq was their main battleground in their war aganist the US?

Leaving now would be like the US leaving France after securing the beach at Normandy

retiredman
05-19-2008, 11:34 AM
Then why is AQ on the run after saying Iraq was their main battleground in their war aganist the US?

Leaving now would be like the US leaving France after securing the beach at Normandy

inaccurate analogy.

red states rule
05-19-2008, 11:35 AM
inaccurate analogy.

We know you are still waving the white flag MFM - we know, we know

retiredman
05-19-2008, 11:37 AM
We know you are still waving the white flag MFM - we know, we know

your analogy was inaccurate. that is a fact, regardless of your inablity to recognize it, or your ability to debate using anything other than the same shopworn insults over and over and over again.

red states rule
05-19-2008, 11:38 AM
your analogy was inaccurate. that is a fact, regardless of your inablity to recognize it, or your ability to debate using anything other than the same shopworn insults over and over and over again.

I also know liberals like you consider truth and facts to be insults. You have shown your contempt for the troops (like your elected Dems) and your neverending desire to surrender and apppease the terorists is well known by all

retiredman
05-19-2008, 11:43 AM
I also know liberals like you consider truth and facts to be insults. You have shown your contempt for the troops (like your elected Dems) and your neverending desire to surrender and apppease the terorists is well known by all

do you have that entire paragraph entered as a macro somewhere so all you have to do is press ALT-BS and it will spew out?

your analogy is inaccurate. you have never explained or retracted your statements concerninng Al Qaeda being supported by Iran. You have never explained how Iran and Al Qaeda are going to somehow control Iraq against the wishes of the shiite majaority. You have never answered the simple question as to whether Britain surrendered Palestine in 1948....or whether, when they LEFT Palestine they appeased anyone...and if so, did they appease the arabs or the jews?

red states rule
05-19-2008, 11:45 AM
do you have that entire paragraph entered as a macro somewhere so all you have to do is press ALT-BS and it will spew out?

your analogy is inaccurate. you have never explained or retracted your statements concerninng Al Qaeda being supported by Iran. You have never explained how Iran and Al Qaeda are going to somehow control Iraq against the wishes of the shiite majaority. You have never answered the simple question as to whether Britain surrendered Palestine in 1948....or whether, when they LEFT Palestine they appeased anyone...and if so, did they appease the arabs or the jews?

AQ has declared Iraq is their main battlefield with their war with the US - and you (along with your party) has undermined all attemots to beat them. You want surrender and appeasement to them. Your insane reaction to Pres Bush's speech shows what a bunch of wimps you are

No wonder terrorists are supporting the Dems in this election

retiredman
05-19-2008, 11:50 AM
AQ has declared Iraq is their main battlefield with their war with the US - and you (along with your party) has undermined all attemots to beat them. You want surrender and appeasement to them. Your insane reaction to Pres Bush's speech shows what a bunch of wimps you are

No wonder terrorists are supporting the Dems in this election

another macro?

red states rule
05-19-2008, 11:52 AM
another macro?

Nope. The truth

Which is something you have been long immune from

retiredman
05-19-2008, 11:54 AM
Nope. The truth

Which is something you have been long immune from

it is just that you type the same stuff over and over again... I thought maybe you had a keystroke saving macro written for yourself.

are you ever going to discuss the issues I brought up, or will you continue to run away from them?

you have never explained or retracted your statements concerninng Al Qaeda being supported by Iran. You have never explained how Iran and Al Qaeda are going to somehow control Iraq against the wishes of the shiite majaority. You have never answered the simple question as to whether Britain surrendered Palestine in 1948....or whether, when they LEFT Palestine they appeased anyone...and if so, did they appease the arabs or the jews?

red states rule
05-19-2008, 11:58 AM
it is just that you type the same stuff over and over again... I thought maybe you had a keystroke saving macro written for yourself.

are you ever going to discuss the issues I brought up, or will you continue to run away from them?

you have never explained or retracted your statements concerninng Al Qaeda being supported by Iran. You have never explained how Iran and Al Qaeda are going to somehow control Iraq against the wishes of the shiite majaority. You have never answered the simple question as to whether Britain surrendered Palestine in 1948....or whether, when they LEFT Palestine they appeased anyone...and if so, did they appease the arabs or the jews?

MFM showing his desire to win the war in Iraq and on terror

Also sending a message to the troops on what they need to do ASAP

retiredman
05-19-2008, 12:28 PM
MFM showing his desire to win the war in Iraq and on terror

Also sending a message to the troops on what they need to do ASAP

can you please try to answer my questions and carry on an intelligent dialog?

red states rule
05-19-2008, 12:29 PM
can you please try to answer my questions and carry on an intelligent dialog?

Truth does get to you and under your skin

retiredman
05-19-2008, 12:40 PM
Truth does get to you and under your skin

your opinions are not "truth".

your inability to carry on an intelligent dialog is a matter of record, however.

red states rule
05-19-2008, 12:42 PM
your opinions are not "truth".

your inability to carry on an intelligent dialog is a matter of record, however.

No they are facts

Do I need to remind you of the "Dems Greatest Hits" when it cmes to supporting the troops?

Here is an oldie but goodie

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MqIlXfkylD4&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MqIlXfkylD4&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

mundame
05-19-2008, 03:23 PM
I thought maybe you had a keystroke saving macro written for yourself.

I rather like this idea.

It's doable.........................

red states rule
05-19-2008, 03:33 PM
I rather like this idea.

It's doable.........................

More support of the troops from the anti war crowd

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0anRyWT9nQg&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0anRyWT9nQg&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

mundame
05-19-2008, 03:58 PM
If that's to my address, RSR, I should perhaps tell you that all such material (I suppose it's YouTube??) comes on my screen as simply several inches of blank white background.

The filters on this computer have to be seen to be believed.

red states rule
05-19-2008, 04:00 PM
If that's to my address, RSR, I should perhaps tell you that all such material (I suppose it's YouTube??) comes on my screen as simply several inches of blank white background.

The filters on this computer have to be seen to be believed.

Which also reflects your support for the US military

Nothing

mundame
05-19-2008, 04:19 PM
Which also reflects your support for the US military

Actually, it happens to be the other way around............................................ .......

Some things the Army does right.

Unfortunately, one of those things doesn't happen to be warmaking.

red states rule
05-19-2008, 04:22 PM
Actually, it happens to be the other way around............................................ .......

Some things the Army does right.

Unfortunately, one of those things doesn't happen to be warmaking.

Then what is the job of the military?

To serve as waiters for Bill and Hillary when they have dinner parties?

mundame
05-19-2008, 04:31 PM
Then what is the job of the military?

To serve as waiters for Bill and Hillary when they have dinner parties?

To sing "Maryland, My Maryland" before the Preakness, I guess.

It can't be warmaking; they're no good at that these days.

Gaffer
05-19-2008, 05:04 PM
To sing "Maryland, My Maryland" before the Preakness, I guess.

It can't be warmaking; they're no good at that these days.

This opinion is based on what?

gabosaurus
05-19-2008, 06:50 PM
McCain (and Martin) probably believes in the Easter Bunny as well.