PDA

View Full Version : Pizza hut fires delivery driver for defending himself

actsnoblemartin
05-15-2008, 09:02 PM
This is bullshit, i called pizza hut and asked to speak to the ceo, and they took my info, and promised to get back to me

call pizza hut's corporte office at

http://hotair.com/archives/2008/04/02/pizza-hut-no-work-for-those-who-defend-themselves/

Pizza Hut: No work for those who defend themselves?
posted at 11:55 am on April 2, 2008 by Ed Morrissey
Send to a Friend | printer-friendly

A Pizza Hut deliverer fired shots at an armed robber who threatened his life, wounding him and leading to the criminal’s capture by police. What kind of reward did James Spiers get for his self-defense? Unemployment:

A Des Moines pizza driver who was suspended from his job after he shot an armed robber said today he has been overwhelmed by support from people who cheered what happened.

“But no one had contacted me directly about a job offer,” said James William Spiers III, 38, who was sent home by Pizza Hut managers after he fired multiple shots at a man who put a gun to his head Thursday and demanded money …

Spiers, who has a valid handgun permit, said he’s been “pretty much in the dark” about his job since the incident. Vonnie Walbert, vice president of human resources at Pizza Hut’s corporate offices in Dallas, said last week that employees are not allowed to carry guns “because we believe that that is the safest for everybody.”

“I just know that, given what happened, it’s not likely I’ll have a job anyway,” Spiers said. “Right now, I’m just taking some time off, trying to cool things down.”

Silver
05-15-2008, 09:15 PM
Thats what they get for hiring Conservatives....they should stick to hiring libs and Dems that aim to "appease" and live up to the surrender monkey image they have so carefully cultivated....:pee:

ranger
05-15-2008, 09:29 PM
Yep, the Dem would have probably offered the crook a blowjob or something to go along with the money.

hjmick
05-15-2008, 09:32 PM
You'd think Spiers would have known better, Pizza Hut fired a guy four years ago for the very same thing. Well, almost. The pizza guy four years ago killed the thug.

Pizza man saved by gun, but fired for packin' heat (http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=38726)

Abbey Marie
05-15-2008, 09:35 PM
You'd think Spiers would have known better, Pizza Hut fired a guy four years ago for the very same thing. Well, almost. The pizza guy four years ago killed the thug.

Pizza man saved by gun, but fired for packin' heat (http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=38726)

I'd say that carrying the gun proved he knew better- where it counts.

hjmick
05-15-2008, 09:43 PM
I'd say that carrying the gun proved he knew better- where it counts.

True. Having done the job myself, I can attest to the need in some instances.

actsnoblemartin
05-15-2008, 09:44 PM
Pizza hut has NO right to try take away the right of a man to defend himself, and to censor his 2nd amendment rights

Fuck pizza hut

True. Having done the job myself, I can attest to the need in some instances.

hjmick
05-15-2008, 09:49 PM
Pizza hut has NO right to try take away the right of a man to defend himself, and to censor his 2nd amendment rights

Fuck pizza hut

Sadly, they do. As does the company I work for. While I am free to own a gun, even with a CCW I would be in violation of compay rules were I to carry it at work.

actsnoblemartin
05-18-2008, 04:08 AM
It makes my blood boil

Sadly, they do. As does the company I work for. While I am free to own a gun, even with a CCW I would be in violation of compay rules were I to carry it at work.

Joe Steel
05-18-2008, 07:02 AM
This is bullshit, i called pizza hut and asked to speak to the ceo, and they took my info, and promised to get back to me

call pizza hut's corporte office at

http://hotair.com/archives/2008/04/02/pizza-hut-no-work-for-those-who-defend-themselves/

Pizza Hut: No work for those who defend themselves?
posted at 11:55 am on April 2, 2008 by Ed Morrissey

A Pizza Hut deliverer fired shots at an armed robber who threatened his life, wounding him and leading to the criminal’s capture by police. What kind of reward did James Spiers get for his self-defense? Unemployment:

"...Vonnie Walbert, vice president of human resources at Pizza Hut’s corporate offices in Dallas, said last week that employees are not allowed to carry guns “because we believe that that is the safest for everybody.”

Excellent!

He broke the rules so he has to bear the consequences.

That's accountability.

DragonStryk72
05-18-2008, 11:41 AM
Excellent!

He broke the rules so he has to bear the consequences.

That's accountability.

Except for that "it's safer for everybody" part. It's actually only safer for the person robbing people. No company has the right to strip away your inherent, 9th Amendment approved, right to defend yourself, and that is what this rule encroaches on.

REDWHITEBLUE2
05-18-2008, 12:52 PM
Just think what might of happened if he wasn't packing He might of ended up dead but to Liberals like joe steal thats ok as long as the thug has his rights