PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody really think McCain has a chance?

GW in Ohio
05-16-2008, 09:36 AM
Consider:

He's old...too old to be president. He's 72 years old, and it's been 72 hard years, including years of torture and deprivation in a North Vietnamese prison camp. McCain has already shown that he's not as sharp mentally as he used to be. This is not a criticism of McCain; you just lose vitality and mental alertness as you get older.
The country has turned against the Republicans, largely as a result of the incompetence and stupidity of the Bush administration. American voters prefer the Democrats to the Republicans by something like 50% to 32%. On the top 10 leading issues, voters indicate they have more confidence in the Democrats in 8 of the 10 categories.
Americans have rendered their judgment on Bush's Iraq war and 71% of the country now says we never should have gone in there. McCain is promising to continue prosecuting Bush's insane war and to carry on the disastrous Bush foreign policy. Is anybody going to vote for him (outside of hard-core Republicans) because of this?
Bob Barr is running as the Libertarian Party candidate. Many conservatives have never been that crazy about McCain, because they feel he doesn't represent the conservative viewpoint. Now, Bob Barr gives these conservatives a reason not to vote for McCain.

Does anybody really think McCain can win?

theHawk
05-16-2008, 09:40 AM
I'd take a half brain dead chimpanzee over Obama.

PostmodernProphet
05-16-2008, 09:44 AM
I think both Hillary and Obama can be beaten, particularly if the Dems don't find a way to make them share the ticket.....in that instance I think McCain is almost a sure thing.....

red states rule
05-16-2008, 09:44 AM
Yes he has a chance

Obama is a racist - by his own words in the books he wrote

He has friends like the racist Wright and the terrorist Ayers

His wife continues to stick her foot in her mouth

Barry has a shit fit over Pres Bush's speech. A speech where no Dem was mentioned, and nothing said about Barry. Seems Barry the appeaser felt he had to defend himself

Barry wants over $2 trillion in nes taxes, and about $*00 billion in new spending

Barry wants Judges on the USSC who "stand up for the little guy" and NOT rule on law or what is in the US Constitution

Barry's health care plan cover illegals. So in addition to drivers licenses and in sates college tutition now US taxpayers have to pay for their government provided health ins

Barry wants tens of billions in nes taxes on oli companies. He says that will bring the price at the pump down. HE is opposed to drilling for then oil sitting in the ground in Alaska, in the Gulf, out West, of off the West coast. He is opposed to coal, and nuclera power. How the hell will he make us energy independent?

Need more reason why McCAin does have a chance?

mundame
05-16-2008, 09:52 AM
Consider:

He's old...too old to be president. He's 72 years old, and it's been 72 hard years, including years of torture and deprivation in a North Vietnamese prison camp. McCain has already shown that he's not as sharp mentally as he used to be. This is not a criticism of McCain; you just lose vitality and mental alertness as you get older.
The country has turned against the Republicans, largely as a result of the incompetence and stupidity of the Bush administration. American voters prefer the Democrats to the Republicans by something like 50% to 32%. On the top 10 leading issues, voters indicate they have more confidence in the Democrats in 8 of the 10 categories.
Americans have rendered their judgment on Bush's Iraq war and 71% of the country now says we never should have gone in there. McCain is promising to continue prosecuting Bush's insane war and to carry on the disastrous Bush foreign policy. Is anybody going to vote for him (outside of hard-core Republicans) because of this?
Bob Barr is running as the Libertarian Party candidate. Many conservatives have never been that crazy about McCain, because they feel he doesn't represent the conservative viewpoint. Now, Bob Barr gives these conservatives a reason not to vote for McCain.

Yes, I think he has a chance, for the reasons RSR cites: if Obama becomes very, very unattractive to most of America. We've been badly burned by Bush and won't want someone who looks to be a weirdo.

I don't think the age thing is a problem. America is aging, and we aren't likely to reject him for our own prime characteristic. Older is better, right?
The Iraq war really is a problem, however. And he isn't able to back off the position: yesterday he was saying he'd let the fighting go on AT LEAST 4 more years!!!!!! Wildly unattractive.
Bob Barr is indeed a problem. Most people voting for him will be Republicans, I would suppose.
The furor of the Democratic primary race is because this is the REAL race --------- whoever wins will be president, they think, and they may well be right, IMO.

red states rule
05-16-2008, 09:55 AM
Yes, I think he has a chance, for the reasons RSR cites: if Obama becomes very, very unattractive to most of America. We've been badly burned by Bush and won't want someone who looks to be a weirdo.

I don't think the age thing is a problem. America is aging, and we aren't likely to reject him for our own prime characteristic. Older is better, right?
The Iraq war really is a problem, however. And he isn't able to back off the position: yesterday he was saying he'd let the fighting go on AT LEAST 4 more years!!!!!! Wildly unattractive.
Bob Barr is indeed a problem. Most people voting for him will be Republicans, I would suppose.
The furor of the Democratic primary race is because this is the REAL race --------- whoever wins will be president, they think, and they may well be right, IMO.

The Dems are playing the age card, they are pissing off some senior citizens

Yes, libs want to surrender to terrorists (their reaction to Pres Bush's speech shows they know they are in trouble on that issue) and appease them

Barr is a minor issue - but libs have Nadar to deal with again

Dems are still ripping into each other, and hard feelings will linger on into November

mundame
05-16-2008, 09:58 AM
Dems are still ripping into each other, and hard feelings will linger on into November

But this is the thing, RSR:

It doesn't matter if there are hard feelings.

It matters who wins.

Hagbard Celine
05-16-2008, 09:59 AM
Nope. There's no stopping an upcoming Dem prezidency. Short of Obama whipping out his d*ck and jangling it around on live tv I don't see him getting beaten by old-balls McCain.

red states rule
05-16-2008, 10:00 AM
But this is the thing, RSR:

It doesn't matter if there are hard feelings.

It matters who wins.

and with this lastest blowup by thin skinned Dems - they are helping McCain

Barry is losing key voter blocks and is not making progress

Keep ripping each other Mundame - I love it

glockmail
05-16-2008, 10:16 AM
Consider:

As usual your point of view is fueled by emotion not logic.

1. Keep up with the age and POW slamming, please. It will be very effective at steering seniors and vets away from Barry.
2. Same with the Bush and Iraq war bashing. Although the average voter IQ is 100, its not too difficult to tell when the Mike Moore mentality has taken over.
3. Barr is actually a plus for McCain. He’s got an attractive platform that will force McCain to move right, attracting fical Conservatives back to the GOP. His social and foreign policy Libertarian views will attract a certain percentage of Democrats who would otherwise hold their nose and vote for Obama.

mundame
05-16-2008, 10:18 AM
Keep ripping each other Mundame - I love it

Sounds like you are implying I'm a Dem.

I'm now an Independent and I've never been a Dem.

I was a moderate Republican all my life. That worked out fine till Bush screwed up my country.

GW in Ohio
05-16-2008, 10:19 AM

Mundame: No, older is not better. Being President of the United States is an extremely demanding job. Look at how it's aged every person who's held the position recently.

Being President requires vigor, energy, alertness, and flexibility.

I think John McCain would've made a good president in 2000, and it's a shame he was beaten out by Bush.

But now it's 2008 and McCain's window of opportunity has closed. He's too old now to handle the rigors of the position.

I think he's fine in the Senate, which is far less demanding than the Oval Office.

red states rule
05-16-2008, 10:22 AM
Sounds like you are implying I'm a Dem.

I'm now an Independent and I've never been a Dem.

I was a moderate Republican all my life. That worked out fine till Bush screwed up my country.

You have some liberalsim in you. Much my GF.

If this is what you called a screwed up country - please give me more. I voted for Pres Bush in 2004 for 2 reasons

4 more years of tax cuts and dead terrorists

mundame
05-16-2008, 10:25 AM
Mundame: No, older is not better. Being President of the United States is an extremely demanding job. Look at how it's aged every person who's held the position recently.

Wait, be fair, GW ------------------ EIGHT YEARS has aged everyone who has held the office recently! Eight years IS eight years.

Being President requires vigor, energy, alertness, and flexibility.

Did you see that ad with McCain's 93-year-old mother? She's absolutely fine, alert, vigorous, says he was just the sweetest child............

Very attractive ad. Even I was reassured, and I don't mean to vote for him!

I think John McCain would've made a good president in 2000, and it's a shame he was beaten out by Bush.

Oh, you think that's a shame?? http://deephousepage.com/smilies/pullhair.gif http://deephousepage.com/smilies/pullhair.gif http://deephousepage.com/smilies/pullhair.gif

Many would agree.

mundame
05-16-2008, 10:27 AM
You have some liberalsim in you. Much my GF.

Ask her to come back. I liked her, too.

red states rule
05-16-2008, 10:28 AM
Wait, be fair, GW ------------------ EIGHT YEARS has aged everyone who has held the office recently! Eight years IS eight years.

Did you see that ad with McCain's 93-year-old mother? She's absolutely fine, alert, vigorous, says he was just the sweetest child............

Oh, you think that's a shame?? http://deephousepage.com/smilies/pullhair.gif http://deephousepage.com/smilies/pullhair.gif http://deephousepage.com/smilies/pullhair.gif

Many would agree.

Libs are desperate right now. Obama is showing what a weak abd flawed candidate he is - so now they have to try anc come up with something to bitch about when it comes to McCain

Dems are fighting with each other, and in a state of mouth frothing hysteria over a speech where Pres Bush never mentioned a any Dem

Dems know they are in trouble, and they are showing it

red states rule
05-16-2008, 10:29 AM
Ask her to come back. I liked her, too.

This is her busy time of year. She has her own hair salon, and wedding parties are keeping her jumping

She is an angel

red states rule
05-16-2008, 10:31 AM
As usual your point of view is fueled by emotion not logic.

1. Keep up with the age and POW slamming, please. It will be very effective at steering seniors and vets away from Barry.
2. Same with the Bush and Iraq war bashing. Although the average voter IQ is 100, its not too difficult to tell when the Mike Moore mentality has taken over.
3. Barr is actually a plus for McCain. He’s got an attractive platform that will force McCain to move right, attracting fical Conservatives back to the GOP. His social and foreign policy Libertarian views will attract a certain percentage of Democrats who would otherwise hold their nose and vote for Obama.

Libs do not need the WH - they need therapy

mundame
05-16-2008, 10:34 AM
Dems are ... in a state of mouth frothing hysteria over a speech where Pres Bush never mentioned a any Dem

Dems know they are in trouble, and they are showing it

It was obvious Bush meant Obama with that "appeasement" remark. I mean, who else??

Obama IS vulnerable on that being charged against him. I don't think over-generous direct negotiations are QUITE the same thing as appeasement, but it could develop into that.............that's going to be a problem to Obama, that people perceive it that way, just as his wanting an endless war will be a problem for McCain.

My guess is that McCain will get stomped, but I could easily be wrong. Anything could happen.

"There are many events in the womb of time,
Which will be delivered."

---Othello

GW in Ohio
05-16-2008, 10:36 AM
The Dems are playing the age card, they are pissing off some senior citizens

Yes, libs want to surrender to terrorists (their reaction to Pres Bush's speech shows they know they are in trouble on that issue) and appease them

Barr is a minor issue - but libs have Nadar to deal with again

Democrats are not "playing the age card." No Democrat candidate has mentioned it, and none will.

The Republican fear-mongering that has worked in the past ("elect a Democrat and we'll surely have another terrorist attack") is getting old; people are wising up to it.

Bob Barr is not a "minor issue." He's a real conservative, unlike McCain, and will draw conservative voters away from McCain.

Nader is a clown; no one is paying him the slightest attention. He'll be lucky to get 10,000 votes.

red states rule
05-16-2008, 10:39 AM
It was obvious Bush meant Obama with that "appeasement" remark. I mean, who else??

Obama IS vulnerable on that being charged against him. I don't think over-generous direct negotiations are QUITE the same thing as appeasement, but it could develop into that.............that's going to be a problem to Obama, that people perceive it that way, just as his wanting an endless war will be a problem for McCain.

My guess is that McCain will get stomped, but I could easily be wrong. Anything could happen.

"There are many events in the womb of time,
Which will be delivered."

---Othello

1) Pres Bush was talking about a REPUBLICAN Senator who mad ethe comment about talking to Hitler

2) No where in the speech did Pres Bush mention a Dem, or the elcetion

3) If Dems are this think skinned over such a nonevent as this, how the hell will Dems stand up to terrorists who want all of us dead?

4) Terrorists are backing the Dems in this election. They know very well they will surrender and appese them, which is hwy Dems are in so pissed off today. They can't handle the truth

GW in Ohio

Many would agree.

Mundame: It's one thing to be still alive at 93...or 72....and it's quite another to have to shoulder the pressures and burdens of the presidency.

manu1959
Democrats are not "playing the age card." No Democrat candidate has mentioned it, and none will.

barry made a ageist comment when he said mccain has lost his bearings.....not to mention your op which brings up his age.....

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/05/08/obama-accuses-mccain-of-losing-his-bearings-over-hamas-comments/

red states rule
05-16-2008, 10:40 AM

The Republican fear-mongering that has worked in the past ("elect a Democrat and we'll surely have another terrorist attack") is getting old; people are wising up to it.

Bob Barr is not a "minor issue." He's a real conservative, unlike McCain, and will draw conservative voters away from McCain.

Nader is a clown; no one is paying him the slightest attention. He'll be lucky to get 10,000 votes.

Keep lying - it all you have to fight back against that nasty pack of facts :laugh2:

Why not address my first post where I poited out why Barry the liberal will lose?

Or are you still checking the Obama 08 site for your talking points?

red states rule
05-16-2008, 10:41 AM
Mundame: It's one thing to be still alive at 93...or 72....and it's quite another to have to shoulder the pressures and burdens of the presidency.

and your boy BArry has shown over and over he can't handle the pressures of a primary election - let alone the WH

mundame
05-16-2008, 10:57 AM

It is interesting that McCain with his 2013 speech does seem to be saying he'd only run for one term.

Hillary might like that............................

mundame
05-16-2008, 11:00 AM
1) Pres Bush was talking about a REPUBLICAN Senator who mad ethe comment about talking to Hitler

2) No where in the speech did Pres Bush mention a Dem, or the elcetion

3) If Dems are this think skinned over such a nonevent as this, how the hell will Dems stand up to terrorists who want all of us dead?

Methinks he doth protest too much...............you are WORRIED that people are angry Bush did that?

Of course it was about Obama, but why is that a problem to you?

It was a little inelegant to do it in Israel, but it's not a hanging matter: I would think you'd be affirming it WAS about Obama and that he deserves it! Because sure, Obama replied to it because it is a vulnerability.

Would Obama appease? I fear he might well. All this face-to-face negotiating in person............................................ ...

That's what Chamberlain did. He was always flying around going to visit Hitler.

It didn't work out well.

red states rule
05-16-2008, 11:00 AM
It is interesting that McCain with his 2013 speech does seem to be saying he'd only run for one term.

Hillary might like that............................

I agree. Should McCain win, he will serve only one term due to his age. That is why his VP choice is important

red states rule
05-16-2008, 11:03 AM
Methinks he doth protest too much...............you are WORRIED that people are angry Bush did that?

Of course it was about Obama, but why is that a problem to you?

It was a little inelegant to do it in Israel, but it's not a hanging matter: I would think you'd be affirming it WAS about Obama and that he deserves it! Because sure, Obama replied to it because it is a vulnerability.

Would Obama appease? I fear he might well. All this face-to-face negotiating in person............................................ ...

That's what Chamberlain did. He was always flying around going to visit Hitler.

It didn't work out well.

I am not angry - I am laughing my ass off at the poor offended libs. I am not surprised over the libs ranting about the "insult" after 8 years of libs calling Pres Bush Hitler, a killer, a traitor to the US, mentally unbalanced, ect, ect, ect

Whenever libs get this pissed off I know damn well the truth was told about them

mundame
05-16-2008, 11:04 AM
I agree. Should McCain win, he will serve only one term due to his age. That is why his VP choice is important

Uh-huh. And why getting to be on McCain's ticket is going to be a big prize. Because in the unlikely event McCain wins, his VP could be a shoo-in if it's a successful administration, ha-ha.

That's unlikely, of course; McCain wants war, war, and more wars. Oh, how lovely for us all. http://www.catchride.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/yuck.gif

red states rule
05-16-2008, 11:08 AM
Uh-huh. And why getting to be on McCain's ticket is going to be a big prize. Because in the unlikely event McCain wins, his VP could be a shoo-in if it's a successful administration, ha-ha.

That's unlikely, of course; McCain wants war, war, and more wars. Oh, how lovely for us all. http://www.catchride.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/yuck.gif

No wonder you are upset over Pres Bush's spech. Guilty conscience?

mundame
05-16-2008, 11:11 AM
No wonder you are upset over Pres Bush's spech. Guilty conscience?

I'm not upset.

I don't care.

That's the least of what Balack Obama is going to get thrown at him this summer.

And I don't care about any of it.

I'm not voting for either of these losers, McSame or Oobleck.

red states rule
05-16-2008, 11:14 AM
I'm not upset.

I don't care.

That's the least of what Balack Obama is going to get thrown at him this summer.

And I don't care about any of it.

I'm not voting for either of these losers, McSame or Oobleck.

All this outrage the libs are showing proves they have something to hide. Since day one of the war, the appeasers have made iit clear they have no spin. They have now iwll to fight. They have no thirst for victory

If Barry, Hillary, and the Dems would channel their hate and anger to the terrorists instead of Pres Bush - the terrorists would be running away and surrendering

GW in Ohio
05-16-2008, 11:24 AM
barry made a ageist comment when he said mccain has lost his bearings.....not to mention your op which brings up his age.....

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/05/08/obama-accuses-mccain-of-losing-his-bearings-over-hamas-comments/

No...no...no...

Saying McCain has "lost his bearings" is not equivalent to saying he's too old.

mundame
05-16-2008, 11:27 AM
All this outrage the libs are showing proves they have something to hide.

Hey, RSR, Fox News has a banner up that Obama is making another speech right now (12:30 5/16) against Bush calling him an appeaser!!!

So this is big.

Obama is also wearing a flag pin today and is starting a [Christian] "faith initiative" in Kentucky to say he's not really a Muslim.

The kind of "Christian" his church is seems indistinguishable from the Black Muslims they strongly support there, however.

Apparently Obama's campaign has decided they have to defend against all this stuff being thrown at them.

mundame
05-16-2008, 11:28 AM

Marbles........................................... .....

"Bearings" are pretty close to marbles. http://macg.net/emoticons/wink15.gif

red states rule
05-16-2008, 11:55 AM
Hey, RSR, Fox News has a banner up that Obama is making another speech right now (12:30 5/16) against Bush calling him an appeaser!!!

So this is big.

Obama is also wearing a flag pin today and is starting a [Christian] "faith initiative" in Kentucky to say he's not really a Muslim.

The kind of "Christian" his church is seems indistinguishable from the Black Muslims they strongly support there, however.

Apparently Obama's campaign has decided they have to defend against all this stuff being thrown at them.

Defend himself from what?

According to the Obama people, we can't talk about his middle name, his trrrorist frind Ayers, his indicted buddy Resko, his wife when she bellows how she has never been proud about her country, his voting record, his racist pastor, Barry's racist remarks in his book, or his lack of wearing a flag pin and putting his hand over his heart during the National Anthem

Given the rules the Obama people want, I hope he is making a very long speech

gabosaurus
05-16-2008, 11:55 AM
I am sure that Hanoi John McCain has a chance.

http://i29.tinypic.com/302symt.jpg

red states rule
05-16-2008, 11:56 AM
No...no...no...

and they say Burger King is home of the whopper. You must be reading MFM's posts

GW in Ohio
05-16-2008, 12:17 PM
This is from Peggy Noonan's latest column:

Big picture, May 2008:

The Democrats aren't the ones falling apart, the Republicans are. The Democrats can see daylight ahead. For all their fractious fighting, they're finally resolving their central drama. Hillary Clinton will leave, and Barack Obama will deliver a stirring acceptance speech. Then hand-to-hand in the general, where they see their guy triumphing. You see it when you talk to them: They're busy being born.

The Republicans? Busy dying. The brightest of them see no immediate light. They're frozen, not like a deer in the headlights but a deer in the darkness, his ears stiff at the sound. Crunch. Twig. Hunting party.

red states rule
05-16-2008, 12:19 PM
This is from Peggy Noonan's latest column:

Obama will not only be another DuKakis - he will be another McGovern

Could Obama Be Another Dukakis?
By Susan Estrich

It is a thought that sends shivers down the backs of Democrats, a name that brings to mind memories of an election lost that might have been won, against a war hero once referred to in headlines as a "wimp" who won not so much by his own strengths but because of the skill of his operatives in painting his lesser-known opponent as an out of touch "liberal" who refused to salute the flag or admit his mistakes, not to mention his supposedly unpatriotic wife.

Could Obama be another Dukakis?

It isn't just die-hard Clinton supporters who are pointing out the similarities. Even some Obama backers who believe that the nomination fight is over see the possible parallels, and are determined to avoid them, or at least try.

I was there. Mike Dukakis was (and is) a friend of mine. And so I can say that, while the danger is certainly worth recognizing, Barack Obama is no Mike Dukakis. Or at least he doesn't have to be.

There is no question that the Republicans will try to do to Obama what they did to Dukakis: paint him as a liberal, out of touch with the values of average (white) Americans, so far left that he has left America.

for the complete article

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/art...r_dukakis.html

GW in Ohio
05-16-2008, 12:19 PM
More from Peggy Noonan:

The Bush White House, faced with the series of losses from 2005 through '08, has long claimed the problem is Republicans on the Hill and running for office. They have scandals, bad personalities, don't stand for anything. That's why Republicans are losing: because they're losers.

All true enough!

But this week a House Republican said publicly what many say privately, that there is another truth. "Members and pundits . . . fail to understand the deep seated antipathy toward the president, the war, gas prices, the economy, foreclosures," said Rep. Tom Davis of Virginia in a 20-page memo to House GOP leaders.

Republicans = toast

red states rule
05-16-2008, 12:20 PM
More from Peggy Noonan:

Republicans = toast

Then why do polls show Barry and McCain within the margin of error. According to you Barry should be up by double digits

GW in Ohio
05-16-2008, 12:31 PM
Then why do polls show Barry and McCain within the margin of error. According to you Barry should be up by double digits

Red States: Polls don't mean jack shit at this point. Mondale was up by 17 points over Reagan at this point.

Obama has not even gotten his campaign against McCain in gear yet.

Here's what you should be concerned about....

In every Democratic primary contest so far, Obama has gained momentum and either built on his lead, or cut way down on Hillary's lead, or overtaken Hillary and passed her.

When this guy has time to campaign, when he gets out there and people get to know him, they like him.

Here's another thing you should be concerned about....

If Obama gets John Edwards on the ticket with him, they will be a very formidable combination.

Before you respond with your usual Rush Limbaugh-like bluster, stop and think.....

And if an idea should pop into your head, treat it kindly. It will be in a strange place and it may be afraid.....

red states rule
05-16-2008, 12:34 PM
Red States: Polls don't mean jack shit at this point. Mondale was up by 17 points over Reagan at this point.

Obama has not even gotten his campaign against McCain in gear yet.

Here's what you should be concerned about....

In every Democratic primary contest so far, Obama has gained momentum and either built on his lead, or cut way down on Hillary's lead, or overtaken Hillary and passed her.

When this guy has time to campaign, when he gets out there and people get to know him, they like him.

Here's another thing you should be concerned about....

If Obama gets John Edwards on the ticket with him, they will be a very formidable combination.

Before you respond with your usual Rush Limbaugh-like bluster, stop and think.....

And if an idea should pop into your head, treat it kindly. It will be in a strange place and it may be afraid.....

Obama is not winning the big states, he is not getting the white vote, he is not getting females, he has been hurt by Wright, and he is showing he can't shut his wife up

John Edwards did nothing for Kerry, and knew he would not be reelected to the Senate

retiredman
05-16-2008, 12:51 PM
Obama is not getting the white vote

odd you would say that.

"The latest Rasmussen Reports telephone survey in Maine shows Barack Obama leading John McCain by thirteen percentage points, 51% to 38%"

Maine is lilywhite.

red states rule
05-16-2008, 12:53 PM
odd you would say that.

"The latest Rasmussen Reports telephone survey in Maine shows Barack Obama leading John McCain by thirteen percentage points, 51% to 38%"

Maine is lilywhite.

How well did Barry do with white voters in OH, TX, PA, and IN

Ever since his buddy Wright gave his campaing a boost, he has tanked with whites.

But libs play the race card to explain it

retiredman
05-16-2008, 12:57 PM
How well did Barry do with white voters in OH, TX, PA, and IN

Ever since his buddy Wright gave his campaing a boost, he has tanked with whites.

But libs play the race card to explain it
the poll in Maine is from after any wright fallout. how do you explain it?

I thought you said that Obama wasn't getting any white voters.

red states rule
05-16-2008, 01:02 PM
the poll in Maine is from after any wright fallout. how do you explain it?

I thought you said that Obama wasn't getting any white voters.

So MAine counters Barry losing in TX, PA, OH, and IN

Poll: Obama Losing White Vote Against McCain Even In New York

Guy White - 4/9/2008

People will speak the truth, or what they think is the truth. Maybe not immediately, but eventually they will slip and show their cards. Politicians may bite their tongue during campaigns, but those around them will speak their minds. At times they’ll say something they think is common sense, but it’s only common sense to them.

After Michelle Obama’s comments came the Rev. Jeremiah Wright controversy (with Louis Farrakhan’s endorsement of Obama in the middle). Then came Obama’s explanation of his membership in Rev. Wright’s church - an explanation that included the assertion that the “typical white person”, including the grandmother who supported him and the rest of his family as the primary bread-winner, is racist. To Obama, the statement is common sense. To most whites, it’s shocking. I have no doubt that he was surprised to learn the outrage the statement provoked.

The way Black America thinks is shocking to whites, at least those who know the popular black conspiracy theories about the CIA selling drugs in the ghetto and the supposedly all-powerful KKK recruiting most whites as members.

There’s a reason why whites who lived in close proximity to blacks did not vote for Obama, and his only white supporters come from places where the only blacks they see are TV characters who “act white” with with the exception of black slang, or at least what Hollywood thinks is a black slang.

The Obama candidacy can do a phenomenal damage to African-Americans as they reveal that what’s going on in Rev. Wright’s church is normal for most black churches, and comments made by Michelle Obama are normal for middle/upper class blacks who are trying to “stay black”. As this election campaign continues, the White America will learn that Farrakhan is not seen by blacks as a racist and anti-Semite, but a mainstream leader expressing in the media what most blacks say to their neighbors.

http://www.globalpolitician.com/24467-elections-obama-mccain

retiredman
05-16-2008, 01:03 PM
Rasmussen says: The Pacific Northwest is beginning to look like very friendly territory for Barack Obama. Last week, Rasmussen Reports polling showed that Obama had opened a double-digit lead over John McCain in Oregon. Now, Obama has done the same in Washington state

Washington and Oregon.

You sho nuff right massa RSR...they hardly ain't no white folks up in them states at ALL!

retiredman
05-16-2008, 01:04 PM
So MAine counters Barry losing in TX, PA, OH, and IN

Poll: Obama Losing White Vote Against McCain Even In New York

Guy White - 4/9/2008

People will speak the truth, or what they think is the truth. Maybe not immediately, but eventually they will slip and show their cards. Politicians may bite their tongue during campaigns, but those around them will speak their minds. At times they’ll say something they think is common sense, but it’s only common sense to them.

After Michelle Obama’s comments came the Rev. Jeremiah Wright controversy (with Louis Farrakhan’s endorsement of Obama in the middle). Then came Obama’s explanation of his membership in Rev. Wright’s church - an explanation that included the assertion that the “typical white person”, including the grandmother who supported him and the rest of his family as the primary bread-winner, is racist. To Obama, the statement is common sense. To most whites, it’s shocking. I have no doubt that he was surprised to learn the outrage the statement provoked.

The way Black America thinks is shocking to whites, at least those who know the popular black conspiracy theories about the CIA selling drugs in the ghetto and the supposedly all-powerful KKK recruiting most whites as members.

There’s a reason why whites who lived in close proximity to blacks did not vote for Obama, and his only white supporters come from places where the only blacks they see are TV characters who “act white” with with the exception of black slang, or at least what Hollywood thinks is a black slang.

The Obama candidacy can do a phenomenal damage to African-Americans as they reveal that what’s going on in Rev. Wright’s church is normal for most black churches, and comments made by Michelle Obama are normal for middle/upper class blacks who are trying to “stay black”. As this election campaign continues, the White America will learn that Farrakhan is not seen by blacks as a racist and anti-Semite, but a mainstream leader expressing in the media what most blacks say to their neighbors.

http://www.globalpolitician.com/24467-elections-obama-mccain

month old editorials. ho hum

red states rule
05-16-2008, 01:08 PM
month old editorials. ho hum

and the month old oped carried over to last weeks primaries :laugh2:

and will do so in some others

retiredman
05-16-2008, 01:16 PM
and the month old oped carried over to last weeks primaries :laugh2:

and will do so in some others

that is your prognostication. As I have said, and has been proven...your prognostications aren't all that accurate! LOL

red states rule
05-16-2008, 01:18 PM
that is your prognostication. As I have said, and has been proven...your prognostications aren't all that accurate! LOL

How will you spin another huge loss by Barry in KY. Hillary is up by as much as 27 points

Damn all those white southern racists :laugh2:

retiredman
05-16-2008, 01:29 PM
How will you spin another huge loss by Barry in KY. Hillary is up by as much as 27 points

Damn all those white southern racists

How will you spin a huge victory for Obama in Oregon?

Damn all those misogynist lumberjacks?:laugh2:

red states rule
05-16-2008, 01:30 PM
How will you spin a huge victory for Obama in Oregon?

Damn all those misogynist lumberjacks?:laugh2:

Polls I have seen show Hillary and Barry within the margin of error

Hardly like it is in KY :laugh2:

It seems the war within your party will go on

mundame
05-16-2008, 01:36 PM
According to the Obama people, we can't talk about his middle name, his trrrorist frind Ayers, his indicted buddy Resko, his wife when she bellows how she has never been proud about her country, his voting record, his racist pastor, Barry's racist remarks in his book, or his lack of wearing a flag pin and putting his hand over his heart during the National Anthem

Too true.

They wish.

It might all be mentioned a time or two between now and November.

retiredman
05-16-2008, 01:36 PM

oh really?

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/president/or/oregon_democratic_primary-298.html

:laugh2:

red states rule
05-16-2008, 01:39 PM
oh really?

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/president/or/oregon_democratic_primary-298.html

:laugh2:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/president/wisconsin.html

OK I was looking at WI. Still Barry is not doing well in key Electorial College states

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/president/wisconsin.html

mundame
05-16-2008, 01:42 PM

All-white Iowa voted heavily for Obama. They have no experience with blacks.

Whites who live near blacks and see the police squads fanning out and helicopters hovering over our houses looking for fugitive, the constant parade of gunshot blacks going to local hospitals, blacks walking along country roads where they don't belong just looking for houses to rob, having to lock doors that we never in decades locked, the schools becoming bad and unsafe, people trashing housing values trying to build homeless men shelters right in our neighborhoods ----------

Those of us who see that blacks will not normalize with American standards are uncomfortable with Obama becoming president and pretending everything is just fine, just fine, you aren't supposed to talk about the crime, pretend none of it is happening!

I don't support that.

red states rule
05-16-2008, 01:43 PM
All-white Iowa voted heavily for Obama. They have no experience with blacks.

Whites who live near blacks and see the police squads fanning out and helicopters hovering over our houses looking for fugitive, the constant parade of gunshot blacks going to local hospitals, blacks walking along country roads where they don't belong just looking for houses to rob, having to lock doors that we never in decades locked, the schools becoming bad and unsafe, people trashing housing values trying to build homeless men shelters right in our neighborhoods ----------

Those of us who see that blacks will not normalize with American standards are uncomfortable with Obama becoming president and pretending everything is just fine, just fine, you aren't supposed to talk about the crime, pretend none of it is happening!

I don't support that.

Iowa was well before Wright. Wright hurt him with whites, and even 51% of Dems now find Barry untrustworthy

retiredman
05-16-2008, 01:47 PM
OK I was looking at WI.

so now go back and answer post #55

PostmodernProphet
05-16-2008, 01:47 PM
All-white Iowa voted heavily for Obama. They have no experience with blacks. .

lol, having grown up in Iowa, I can assure you....I met a black guy there.....

mundame
05-16-2008, 01:51 PM
lol, having grown up in Iowa, I can assure you....I met a black guy there.....

How lovely for you. http://deephousepage.com/smilies/afro.gif

GW in Ohio
05-16-2008, 02:39 PM

Hardly like it is in KY :laugh2:

It seems the war within your party will go on

It won't go on much longer.

Hillary has to live with the rest of the Democrats, so when she bows out (in the very near future) she will be making nice with Obama and the Dems will be conciliatory and falling all over themselves in Alphonse and Gaston fashion to be nice to one another.

After you, Senator.......

Oh no, Senator, after YOU....

etc.

mundame
05-16-2008, 02:53 PM
It won't go on much longer.

Hillary has to live with the rest of the Democrats, so when she bows out (in the very near future) she will be making nice with Obama and the Dems will be conciliatory and falling all over themselves in Alphonse and Gaston fashion to be nice to one another.

After you, Senator.......

Oh no, Senator, after YOU....

etc.

Yeah, there is sure to be a huge peace fest. Nobody ever thought about race, nobody ever talked about race, everybody luuuuuvs everybody. So they won't have whole groups of people sitting this election out, if they can help it.

red states rule
05-16-2008, 03:16 PM
Yeah, there is sure to be a huge peace fest. Nobody ever thought about race, nobody ever talked about race, everybody luuuuuvs everybody. So they won't have whole groups of people sitting this election out, if they can help it.

You mean like this?

Clinton surrogate Begala: "We can't win with eggheads and African Americans"
by onanyes
Tue May 06, 2008 at 08:31:18 PM PDT
Source:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/...

Just when I began to savor victory and soften my attitude about HRC and her supporters, we get the old "blacks and liberals" canard from the Clinton camp.

BEGALA: The challenge now for Barack, both the key to the primary and the general election for Barack will now be white, working class voters. At the very, very beginning, of this entire election season, Lou, you and I and a bunch of us all got together in New York and talked about what the election will be about and I said then and I say it again tonight. My advice to Barack Obama is put the jam on the lower shelf where the little folk can reach it. In other words, talk more about those blue collar, economic populist issues that John Edwards first raised and now Hillary Clinton is raising so effectively. If he can do that, he'll hold this wonderful base built but he needs to reach out now to the white working-class voters and means a different message than he generally talks about. He's got to stop with all the arguments for the Volvo drivin', NPR totebag totin' liberals, he needs to talk to middle class working people.

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/20...1520/18/510510

mundame
05-16-2008, 04:00 PM
You mean like this?

Clinton surrogate Begala: "We can't win with eggheads and African Americans"

Oh, dear, maybe not EXACTLY like that. http://forums.offtopic.com/images/smilies/happysad.gif

He's got to stop with all the arguments for the Volvo drivin', NPR totebag totin' liberals, he needs to talk to middle class working people.

Oh dear again. My husband recently just bought a Volvo...................

I don't think he'd like who he's being grouped with.

red states rule
05-16-2008, 04:02 PM
Oh, dear, maybe not EXACTLY like that. http://forums.offtopic.com/images/smilies/happysad.gif

I see Barry pulling a John Kerry and asking for a huntin' license

glockmail
05-16-2008, 04:03 PM

Nothing wrong with having a perfectly refined vulva....

mundame
05-16-2008, 04:06 PM
I see Barry pulling a John Kerry and asking for a huntin' license

Maybe not after his bowling 37.

37???!!!!!

Darn. Did anyone tell him the ball is supposed to knock the pins DOWN?

mundame
05-16-2008, 04:08 PM
VOLVO, Glockmail, VOLVO. http://lizzbitt.homestead.com/files/obm.gif

red states rule
05-16-2008, 04:10 PM
Maybe not after his bowling 37.

37???!!!!!

Darn. Did anyone tell him the ball is supposed to knock the pins DOWN?

and one would think Barry would be great at bowling. Watching that black ball knock down those white pins should make him so happy :laugh2:

glockmail
05-16-2008, 04:15 PM
VOLVO, Glockmail, VOLVO. http://lizzbitt.homestead.com/files/obm.gifTell him to drive a cliTaurus next time.

Pale Rider
05-16-2008, 04:20 PM
odd you would say that.

Maine is lilywhite.

With you in it, maine is lilly white alright... a lilly white toilet.

red states rule
05-16-2008, 04:22 PM
With you in it, maine is lilly white alright... a lilly white toilet.

and MFM is the turd that floats to the surface in it every so often

mundame
05-16-2008, 04:24 PM
Tell him to drive a cliTaurus next time.

Omigod.

Men and their puns. http://deephousepage.com/smilies/grinno.gif

Sitarro
05-17-2008, 02:45 AM

Unlike the elitist child, punk, lawyer Obamessiah, Senator McCain has been to war and had a very, up close and personal experience with it....... He is the type that is much more careful to bring his fellow military brethren into harms way. Because of his lifetime of real experience rather than years of book knowledge, he has insight that Obammyssiah couldn't possibly match in another 40 years. He's also not a racist and holds his allegiance to the United States rather than Africa and a jerk absentee father.

On top of that, he is married to a decent woman who saved 2 children from Bangladesh* who faced sure death, rather than a pissed off asshole that is much more about how much money and power she can get riding on her twerp husband's coat tails.

*In 1988, inspired by a vacation visit to substandard medical facilities on Truk Lagoon, Cindy McCain founded the American Voluntary Medical Team (AVMT). It was a non-profit organization that organized trips for doctors, nurses, and other medical personnel to provide MASH-like emergency medical care to disaster-struck or war-torn third-world areas such as Micronesia, Vietnam (before relations were normalized between them and the U.S.), Kuwait (arriving five days after the conclusion of the Gulf War), Iraq, Nicaragua, India, Bangladesh and El Salvador. She led 55 of these missions over the next seven years, with each being of at least two weeks' duration. AVMT also supplied treatment to poor sick children around the world.
While at Mother Teresa's orphanage in Dhaka, Bangladesh, in 1991 — as part of AVMT's assistance team following the 1991 Bangladesh cyclone — she met two infant girls she decided needed to be brought to the United States for medical treatment. She decided to adopt one of the girls (her husband readily agreeing), later named Bridget (who became the McCains' fourth child together), and helped coordinate the adoption of the other little girl, named Mickey, for Wes Gullett, a family friend. In 1993, Cindy McCain and the AVMT were honored with an award from Food for the Hungry.

stephanie
05-17-2008, 02:52 AM
Can McCain win???

Off the top of my head.......I say NO
I'm hoping(and this is slim), that when we get to the convention, the delegates refuse to nominate McCain, and choose a REAL CONSERVATIVE..

dreaming, probably..

Sitarro
05-17-2008, 02:55 AM
Rasmussen says: The Pacific Northwest is beginning to look like very friendly territory for Barack Obama. Last week, Rasmussen Reports polling showed that Obama had opened a double-digit lead over John McCain in Oregon. Now, Obama has done the same in Washington state

Washington and Oregon.

You sho nuff right massa RSR...they hardly ain't no white folks up in them states at ALL!

Oregon and Washington are populated by a huge bunch of zombie followers of the liberal religion, of course they are for the presumed anointed, ultra liberal clown from Illinois. It has very little to do with Obammyssiah, they would vote for a tree stump that was liberal........ or any other empty suited socialist clown.

Sitarro
05-17-2008, 02:59 AM
Consider:

[LIST]

Funny, I could have sworn I heard the child like Senator Obamessiah claim that he had visited 57 states so far......... yea, he's very aware of his surroundings. Sheila Jackson Lee would be impressed.:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

stephanie
05-17-2008, 03:13 AM
Funny, I could have sworn I heard the child like Senator Obamessiah claim that he had visited 57 states so far......... yea, he's very aware of his surroundings. Sheila Jackson Lee would be impressed.:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

You friggren.......crack me up..:laugh2: