PDA

View Full Version : Married posters: Where did you go for your honeymoon?

Abbey Marie
05-16-2008, 03:39 PM
And did you like it? If you had to do it all over again, would you choose a different destination?

I'll start things off:

We went to Bermuda. I already knew that I would love it, because I had been there 4 times before. It is really one of the best places on this earth, imo.

If I had it to do over, I might choose a place I had never been before, but then it might not have been as good as Bermuda, so hard to say...

Roomy
05-16-2008, 03:49 PM
And did you like it? If you had to do it all over again, would you choose a different destination?

I'll start things off:

We went to Bermuda. I already knew that I would love it, because I had been there 4 times before. It is really one of the best places on this earth, imo.

If I had it to do over, I might choose a place I had never been before, but then it might not have been as good as Bermuda, so hard to say...

Nowhere, we couldn't afford one at the time, I was 19 she was just turned 21 and we had a mortgage.

Edit: If I could do it again I would love to have gone to Cyprus for our honeymoon because we have discovered it since and it really is "The Island of love".

glockmail
05-16-2008, 03:54 PM

I'll start things off:

If I had it to do over, I might choose a place I had never been before, but then it might not have been as good as Bermuda, so hard to say... We didn't have a lot of money, but I had a decent job as an engineering grad so had a brand new car, a red 85 TBird with a 5.0 V8. So we took two weeks and drove to Novia Scotia, doing the bed-and-breakdfast thing. We saw Peggy's Cove (now famous for a Jet Crash just off the coast), drove the Cabot Trail, and toured through some of the country where my Grandpap grew up. (My Granny had died a few years ealier and he had given me his wedding band.) We even camped out one night as I recall. I swam in the coldest river water ever one afternoon (and this was August). Then we toured coastal Maine, then on to Cape Cod, and stayed at my parent's place for a few days without them around (like we used to do during college ;)).

It was very romantic and inexpensive (just like our wedding). I wouldn't change a thing.

hjmick
05-16-2008, 04:10 PM
First marriage: Hawaii. Would I do it again? Not with that wife and only after I have done everything else.

Second marriage: Eleven years later, we're still on the honeymoon and I wouldn't change a thing.

Roomy
05-16-2008, 04:16 PM
First marriage: Hawaii. Would I do it again? Not with that wife and only after I have done everything else.

Second marriage: Eleven years later, we're still on the honeymoon and I wouldn't change a thing.

You big soft shite:laugh2:

hjmick
05-16-2008, 04:30 PM
You big soft shite:laugh2:

What can I say? Not only do I love her, she is my best friend as well. Not a day goes by that I don't remind myself how lucky I am. It doesn't always happen that way, as is evidenced by my first marriage.

Big soft shite? I can live with that.

PostmodernProphet
05-16-2008, 04:33 PM
old school.....had a cabin in the Wisconsin Dells with a fireplace and an old iron bed........omigorsh, 32 years ago.....

Roomy
05-16-2008, 04:33 PM
What can I say? Not only do I love her, she is my best friend as well. Not a day goes by that I don't remind myself how lucky I am. It doesn't always happen that way, as is evidenced by my first marriage.

Good for you bud, me too:cool: and thanks for the rep.

Yurt
05-16-2008, 05:01 PM
took a road trip along the OR/CA coast all the way to central california. dad rented us a sweet caddie, so we took off, stayed in portland first, too tired to keep driving and i had a suite downtown with a hotub on a balcony over looking DT portland....then we just drove and if we saw a place we liked, went in to stay the night. totally spontaneous, just us like us and a great time.

Noir
05-16-2008, 06:17 PM
Went down to a bandstand with a packet of tesco value ice-lollies for a few hours...t'was a lovely warm day ^.^

But apparently its not a real marriage if you use gummy rings and have a jelly baby as your minister...but i'm yet to be convinced of that.

Gadget (fmr Marine)
05-16-2008, 06:25 PM
First marriage: Puerto Vallarta

Second Marriage: Key West

Third Marriage.....TBD.....(have to find another wife, first....girlfriends I can take everywhere!!!!)

retiredman
05-16-2008, 06:26 PM
Quebec City

05-16-2008, 07:26 PM
ill let you know when i marry the woman:p

Kathianne
05-16-2008, 07:31 PM

I'm jealous! If I ever get lucky enough for a real second chance, hope I can say the same.

First time, like most so far, didn't have much money but more influential was my first niece was due on my wedding day, she came a week late. ;) So we spent our 'honeymoon' with my recognizing a big mistake, in Chicago at Ritz Carlton. We saw several shows and did some shopping. Watched the St. Pat's Parade in the rain. Harbingers aplenty. Did I mention we were married on the Ides of March?

Abbey Marie
05-17-2008, 12:42 AM
old school.....had a cabin in the Wisconsin Dells with a fireplace and an old iron bed........omigorsh, 32 years ago.....

I don't know what the Wisconsin Dells are, but if they include a private setting in the woods, that sounds perfect!

gabosaurus
05-17-2008, 12:47 AM
We went to Australia. But we waited six months before we took it. Because we wanted to go to Australia in mid-summer, which is December down there.
I have always been fascinated by Australia, so that is where I wanted to go. We financed the trip by having a really inexpensive wedding. I preferred to spend money on the honeymoon instead of the wedding.
It was a great trip. I got to see a cricket match (with my e-friend Sharon, who I had been corresponding with for a couple of years), meet the incredibly hot Brett Lee, see also sorts of wildlife and get my picture taken with a koala.
No way I would change a thing. It was incredible.

82Marine89
05-17-2008, 02:11 AM
First Marriage: Tokyo, Japan. It was great and we had a blast.

Second Marriage: Nowhere. We had a 2 month old daughter.

Third marriage: Ain't gonna be one.

Nukeman
05-17-2008, 07:33 AM
My wife and I were very young I was 20 and she was 19 we were still in college so we had very little money. We went to Silver springs in Ocala FL. It was a great time but too short. We were only there for a long weekend. 15 years later we had a second and went to Cancun, had a blast. Here we are 19.5 years later and are planning a trip to Europe for our 20th. I wouldn't trade one single moment of our time together.

MtnBiker
05-17-2008, 08:49 AM
First wife - Hawaii, nice trip, stayed in Waikiki which is rather crowded, but we went had a great time. Snorkeling was fun, Pearl Harbor was a must see, the food was good.

Second wife - Jamacia, stayed at Jamacia Inn. It was awesome! Everynight I would sit out in the veranda and watch lighting storms in the clouds miles out in the ocean. The food was was quite nice, a 5 course meal everynight and for lunch Jamacian patty with a cold Red Strip. We had a wonderful time. Yes I would do it again.

Pale Rider
05-17-2008, 09:03 AM
Been married twice... never took a honeymoon either time.

dread
05-17-2008, 09:27 AM

Me too!

glockmail
05-17-2008, 11:45 AM

Me too!

Hint: women like romance and special treatment.

dread
05-17-2008, 12:01 PM

Says you!

I could give a fuck care about romance. Hell I am the one that forgets my own anniversary.

Flowers are nice but they die. I much rather have a plant.
Chocolates suck.
While I enjoy having a man open the door for me and carry my shit around I also like to return the favor.

Weddings and honeymoons are overrated. They cost so much and the hype is too much to bear. Then the day is over.

ranger
05-17-2008, 12:31 PM
First time took her to Old Tucson and saw the sights (she wanted to go). Second time, went home and chased her around the bedroom. So far, that worked the best because we're still going strong after 13 years.

manu1959
05-17-2008, 02:51 PM
married my best friend....i thank my lucky stars every day for her friendship, guidance, ass kickings and for raising two wonderful children and keeping a wonderful home....

we had a lovely cocktail part for a wedding then went to a local bed and breakfast....the next morning she kick me out of bed and said ....you are the captain of your soccer team get your ass to the match.....

god i love this woman.....

oh yea ...did i tell you the sex is mind blowing.....

Pale Rider
05-17-2008, 02:52 PM

First time I got married, I married her because I knocked her up and wasn't going to have a kid of mine born without my last name. There was no romance, just sex.

The second time I got married I was in the Air Force, and I couldn't go anywhere, let alone had the money. G.I.'s don't have a lot of cash, especially right after they just bought a new house.

midcan5
05-18-2008, 11:52 AM
We went where everyone went then, the Poconos, PA. We had no money but it was a nice few days. That was 37 years ago. It is hard to say how one would do it again as when you are young, life looks different. We went back to the Poconos many years later with our sons to an all inclusive, they loved it, as there was lots to do, shooting and bows and a weight room are great fun for boys. If I/we had to pick a place Paris is something, we went there on our 30th. Beautiful and once you have read Camus you have to go. Times change though, our boys went to those fancy resorts in the Caribbean.

glockmail
05-18-2008, 03:49 PM
Says you!

I could give a fuck care about romance. Hell I am the one that forgets my own anniversary.

Flowers are nice but they die. I much rather have a plant.
Chocolates suck.
While I enjoy having a man open the door for me and carry my shit around I also like to return the favor.

Weddings and honeymoons are overrated. They cost so much and the hype is too much to bear. Then the day is over.We paid for most of our wedding and all of our honeymoon on my puny first-job-after-college salary. everything was on the cheap. That's why it was so romantic.

gabosaurus
05-18-2008, 06:09 PM
I am surprised at how many DP members are divorced and/or remarried. So many of you sinning against God.

Yurt
05-18-2008, 06:51 PM
I am surprised at how many DP members are divorced and/or remarried. So many of you sinning against God.

you do realize that there are reasons that God allows divorce....oh wait, you would rather insult than learn

dread
05-18-2008, 06:53 PM

I guess I was supposed to STAY with a fuck tard that cheated on me with a 15 year old girl?

Tell me how the fuck I sinned in THAT one.

retiredman
05-18-2008, 07:01 PM
I guess I was supposed to STAY with a fuck tard that cheated on me with a 15 year old girl?

there are several denominations of Christianity that do not abide by divorce under that circumstance. I guess your question would depend on the denominational perspective.

Abbey Marie

Uggh. You deserve a medal.

Kathianne

Thankfully, none of us need answer to you. Funny thing that, how many of us have been very kind to you regarding your adoption, slamming those that want to hit you for your prolife stance, etc. But hey Gabby, you are a fuktard.

glockmail
05-18-2008, 07:06 PM
I am surprised at how many DP members are divorced and/or remarried. So many of you sinning against God. This coming from a midget bitch with a vagina as busy as the LA Freeway. And jusy as many different drivers.
:slap:

namvet
05-18-2008, 07:31 PM
Key West. via Disney world. then the space center. really cool to see those big saturn rockets. a swim at coco beach then on to Miami. we had a blast !!!!

http://exploration.grc.nasa.gov/education/rocket/gallery/saturn/launch1b.jpg

Abbey Marie
05-18-2008, 07:43 PM
Key West. via Disney world. then the space center. really cool to see those big saturn rockets. a swim at coco beach then on to Miami. we had a blast !!!!

http://exploration.grc.nasa.gov/education/rocket/gallery/saturn/launch1b.jpg

Kennedy SC is the best. We have a pic very similar to yours on our place mats. And you are right- the Saturn V rocket was absolutely, unbelievably, unbeatably AMAZING!

Key West used to be beautiful, too.

glockmail
05-18-2008, 07:46 PM
Keneddy SC is the best. We have a pic very similar to yours on our place mats. And you are right- the Saturn V rocket was absolutely, unbelievably, unbeatably AMAZING!

Key West used to be beautiful, too. Isn't that a III or IV?

Abbey Marie
05-18-2008, 07:53 PM
Isn't that a III or IV?

Dunno, but the V is set up in its entirety above right above your head inside a pavillion. The size of it, seen up close like that, is mind boggling.

glockmail
05-18-2008, 07:59 PM
Dunno, but the V is set up in its entirety above right above your head inside a pavillion. The size of it, seen up close like that, is mind boggling. I know that pic is not a V. I built a model of that when I was a kid, and it didn't have the exposed tanks, but smooth sides. That is a smaller, earlier version. I'm thinking III, but that's not much more than a guess.

Actually, now that my older memories are tickled a bit, I'm thinking IB.

Yup, I'll lay decent odds that its a Saturn IB.

glockmail
05-18-2008, 08:00 PM
Damn those were the days. Late 60's. Raw chemical horsepower, both cars and rockets. :salute:

Abbey Marie
05-18-2008, 08:03 PM
I know that pic is not a V. I built a model of that when I was a kid, and it didn't have the exposed tanks, but smooth sides. That is a smaller, earlier version. I'm thinking III, but that's not much more than a guess.

Actually, now that my older memories are tickled a bit, I'm thinking IB.

Yup, I'll lay decent odds that its a Saturn IB.

Cool. Have you been to Kennedy?

midcan5
05-18-2008, 08:13 PM

I think most missed the humor behind that post.

Yurt
05-18-2008, 08:33 PM
there are several denominations of Christianity that do not abide by divorce under that circumstance. I guess your question would depend on the denominational perspective.

then they would be against the word of jesus that said adultery is grounds for divorce

namvet
05-18-2008, 09:01 PM
Kennedy SC is the best. We have a pic very similar to yours on our place mats. And you are right- the Saturn V rocket was absolutely, unbelievably, unbeatably AMAZING!

Key West used to be beautiful, too.

the visitor center there is called the rocket garden (rocket garden)
we spent all day there. inside they have the astronaut capsules on display. I ran out of film !!!!

in Key west we visited the wreck of the Atocha Museum. one of the richests find in maritime history. found by Mel Fisher. there's a lot of history in the Keys. I hope to return someday.

Abbey Marie
05-18-2008, 10:34 PM
the visitor center there is called the rocket garden (rocket garden)
we spent all day there. inside they have the astronaut capsules on display. I ran out of film !!!!

in Key west we visited the wreck of the Atocha Museum. one of the richests find in maritime history. found by Mel Fisher. there's a lot of history in the Keys. I hope to return someday.

Yup, been to KSC twice. The bus tour was great. Key West was great, too.

glockmail
05-19-2008, 07:31 AM
Cool. Have you been to Kennedy? At least 4 times.

glockmail
05-19-2008, 07:32 AM
I think most missed the humor behind that post.
Look who posted it. Most dismissed it as dribble.

namvet
05-19-2008, 11:04 AM
Damn those were the days. Late 60's. Raw chemical horsepower, both cars and rockets. :salute:

got that right. the technology in the space program was ancient compared to today. remember what they used for calculations ??? something called a slide rule

http://www.screensite.org/courses/Jbutler/T389/SlideRule.jpg

glockmail
05-19-2008, 02:27 PM
got that right. the technology in the space program was ancient compared to today. remember what they used for calculations ??? something called a slide rule

http://www.screensite.org/courses/Jbutler/T389/SlideRule.jpg I used one in HS chemistry.

KitchenKitten99
05-19-2008, 02:55 PM
We went to Orlando, but not right after the wedding. We waited until January (wedding was in Sept) because we didn't have enough money. We both took the week off following the wedding, but we didn't have enough money to go anywhere significant. So we took the money we received from wedding gifts and booked our trip to Orlando the following January.

Stayed in Kissimmee and visited all the major parks, and went to Discovery Cove and did the dolphin swim experience. Had a little road trip out to Cocoa Beach and walked along the shore, watching some of the cruise ships out in the distance. It was a bit chilly at night, but during the day was nice and warm.

gabosaurus
05-19-2008, 03:05 PM
My sister and her husband went to Puerto Vallarta (hope I spelled that right).

My best friend Beth and her husband went to London.

My best friend Lauren and her husband went to the south coast of France someplace.

My cousin Dahlia and her husband came up to San Francisco when we were there.

AFbombloader
05-22-2008, 08:40 AM
We went to Carmel in northern Californioa and stayed in a little B&B. I would like to go back there. I think I am flying my wife to Hawaii for our anniversary this year. I will be outprocessing the AF at Hickam and want her there too.

AF:salute:

5stringJeff
05-25-2008, 09:22 PM
Maui for six days. Days were good, nights were great!!! :thumb: