View Full Version : Feel Sorry For Me

actsnoblemartin
05-16-2008, 05:32 PM
Life wasnt perfect :(-, feel sorry for me

:lol:

http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/news?slug=ap-tonyatalks&prov=ap&type=lgns

Harding tells harrowing story in new book

By BARRY WILNER, AP Sports Writer May 15, 6:58 pm EDT

NEW YORK (AP)—The memories are painful for Tonya Harding, and somehow liberating.

They fill a new book, “The Tonya Tapes,” in which she speaks frankly, if a bit confusingly, about the Tonya and Nancy scandal. She writes about being abused as a child, contemplating suicide, having a gun placed to her head and being raped. She says she paid a price for not fitting the mold of American figure skaters.

The book is a compilation of interviews with author Lynda D. Prouse conducted over eight years.

“So many people do not have a voice and they should be heard,” Harding told The Associated Press during an interview on Thursday. “I wanted people to see me and know me and I wanted to help other people not go through the things I’ve gone through.”

What the 37-year-old Harding says she has gone through could fill a year’s worth of soap operas. Long before she was a national champion (1991) and two-time Olympian, she says she was molested as a child, looked down upon by skating federations and led astray through bad relationships. She admits to “not being real educated” and “naive” in her dealings with people.

05-16-2008, 06:53 PM
yeah i heard about this book. You can tell im so heartbroken over it

KitchenKitten99
05-16-2008, 09:09 PM
I saw part of the interview she had with Meredith Viera, and Meredith asked why she wrote this book. My immediate thought: money and attention.

She'll certainly get attention, though likely not the kind she desires. Most likely the kind she states that she doesn't want anymore.

As far as money... I am not sure who in this country would be willing to fork over the $$ for it. I don't think I would ever even check it out from the library.