PDA

View Full Version : "Mom Land" is awesome

gabosaurus
05-17-2008, 01:18 AM
Friday was the second step of the adoption process. We took our intended daughter, Danielle, out to dinner and to see our home. Which included a trip through the wonderful world of Friday afternoon Los Angeles traffic.
When we took Danielle to see what will soon be her room, I got massive lumps in my throat. She ran about, deciding where she would place "her" bed and "her" furniture. She also chased the cat, who ran for his life.
When we were driving back, Danielle kept asking how long it would take before she could come back to "her" home. She was in a hurry to start, because she had already decided that I was going to be "the best mom ever."
I was glad my husband was driving. I probably would have driven off the road.

I will go back to worrying about the economy, political and social issues and Hillary vs. Obama vs. McCain in a couple of days. Right now, I prefer to bask in my future maternal sunshine. :)

Nukeman
05-17-2008, 07:36 AM
Good for you Gabs. Welcome to the "I can't believe I was doing without this" club. Kids are a blessing and remember to always treat them that way.

jackass
05-17-2008, 10:02 AM
Glad to hear it Gabs. It gets me teary eyed reading your post. She must feel so special right now! Good for you and your husband!!

Kathianne
05-17-2008, 10:52 AM
Hope you get her soon Gabby, they get big so fast!

Sitarro
05-17-2008, 01:57 PM
Any changes to your stance on abortion? That little girl could easily have been murdered by her biological mother, it is her right...... a little perspective to the reality that has killed millions of innocent little girls and boys. Oh and Obamessiah voted in favor of partial birth abortion, what a sick fuck. I can't stand kids and I still see this as murder.

PostmodernProphet
05-17-2008, 03:47 PM
Any changes to your stance on abortion? That little girl could easily have been murdered by her biological mother, it is her right...... a little perspective to the reality that has killed millions of innocent little girls and boys. Oh and Obamessiah voted in favor of partial birth abortion, what a sick fuck. I can't stand kids and I still see this as murder.

not here, Sitaro, this is a celebration thread.....

Abbey Marie
05-17-2008, 03:50 PM
Sounds great, Gabby! Be sure to teach her to be kind to animals. :)

jackass
05-17-2008, 03:52 PM

I disagree, its a great thread for that question.

Trigg
05-17-2008, 03:52 PM
Good luck gabby!!

Kids are amazing.

Sitarro
05-17-2008, 03:58 PM

sorry.......... rah rah rah, you're just the best Gabosaurus, what a great thing you are doing for humanity....... maybe the nobel peace prize will be yours next....... I wish I was you...... really, I swear.:clap::clap::clap::thumb::bow2::banana:

Sound convincing enough PMP?

PostmodernProphet
05-17-2008, 05:15 PM
I disagree, its a great thread for that question.

true, but you're the guy with the white suit and stick in your avatar.....

hjmick
05-17-2008, 05:16 PM
Congratulations Gabby, I hope the process ends soon. Good luck to you and yours.

jackass
05-17-2008, 05:49 PM
true, but you're the guy with the white suit and stick in your avatar.....

What the hell does that mean? :confused:

Silver
05-17-2008, 06:11 PM

Bullshit....

If not here, then where

If not us, they who

If "gabby" supports abortion, maybe she does need to do some serious thinking about the little "Danielle"

That little one could be dead instead of thinking about her new bedroom....

05-17-2008, 06:36 PM
congrats gabs. Hope you can live up to that best mother label cause i dont think anyone can beat my mom right now.

BTW enjoy being a liberal while you can. the kid will turn you conservative before you realize it.

gabosaurus
05-17-2008, 09:20 PM
Does this change my mind about abortion? Of course not. I still retain my beliefs.
But I find it nuts that the same people who believe that abortion takes lives don't feel the same way about the death penalty and Bush's illegal war.

But that is for ANOTHER thread. Which anyone is free to start, at anytime.

This thread is about the approach of mom-dom. If I can be half the awesome parent that my mom was (and still is), I will be more than happy. My parents raised two successful daughters.
I can only hope to do as well -- two kids with college degrees, husbands and great jobs. Two daughters who made good grades, never got in trouble and never been arrested.

Not a bad achievement for two 60's hippies who met at a Viet Nam war protest. :)