PDA

View Full Version : breaking: Kennedy rushed to hospital

namvet
05-17-2008, 11:09 AM
just got this from an email from ABC news

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Sen. Edward Kennedy, a leading Democrat and patriarch of a prominent American political dynasty, was hospitalized in Cape Cod, Massachusetts, with symptoms of a stroke, CNN reported on Saturday.

source (source)

Nukeman
05-17-2008, 11:27 AM
just got this from an email from ABC news

source (source)
probably after one of his "scotch boilermakers", you know a big glass of scotch with a shot of scotch dropped in it.:laugh2:

Does this mean they may get a new senator????

82Marine89
05-17-2008, 11:31 AM
As much as he slurred his speech, I thought he already had one. :cheers2:

dread
05-17-2008, 11:39 AM
probably after one of his "scotch boilermakers", you know a big glass of scotch with a shot of scotch dropped in it.:laugh2:

Does this mean they may get a new senator????

LOL...He isnt dead yet. That and Mass. will probably pick someone just as corrupt as he was.

Kathianne
05-17-2008, 11:39 AM
I really don't care for Teddy, but strokes are horrible. I pray he makes a full recovery and that his family finds comfort.

namvet
05-17-2008, 11:46 AM
im watching the tube and they say he's still in ER

glockmail
05-17-2008, 11:48 AM
I really don't care for Teddy, but strokes are horrible. I pray he makes a full recovery and that his family finds comfort. Me too. Hopefully this is just a "warning" and he'll retire, lose weight, and start living a healthy and less stressful lifestyle.

Gaffer
05-17-2008, 11:55 AM
:dance:

Love it when my curses work.

glockmail
05-17-2008, 12:01 PM
:dance:

Love it when my curses work. You bad man! :laugh2:

05-17-2008, 12:18 PM
Whats really creepy is my dad was saying something like this would probably happen to Teddy yesterday... weird.

ranger
05-17-2008, 12:28 PM
Guess he's going to finally have to pay the piper for Mary Jo.

Sitarro
05-17-2008, 01:42 PM
Where was Hillary and Bill? Were they having dinner with him? After all, Teddy is leading the fight to get the first black guy, other than his yardman, he has ever talked to, the nomination. I'm sure that isn't sitting well with the Clintons.

manu1959
05-17-2008, 02:33 PM
poor guy.....stokes are awful......

Abbey Marie
05-17-2008, 02:56 PM
I feel sorry for almost anyone who has severe medical problems. Politics shouldn't be a barrier to compassion.

ranger
05-17-2008, 03:40 PM
I feel sorry for almost anyone who has severe medical problems. Politics shouldn't be a barrier to compassion.

If it was Hillary or Bill or some other Democrat, I would be more sympathatic. Ted however is a large turdball of a person who needs to be flushed down the toilet of life.

REDWHITEBLUE2
05-17-2008, 04:54 PM
If it was Hillary or Bill or some other Democrat, I would be more sympathatic. Ted however is a large turdball of a person who needs to be flushed down the toilet of life. :clap: Agreed

Silver
05-17-2008, 05:02 PM
Whats really creepy is my dad was saying something like this would probably happen to Teddy yesterday... weird.

That is creepy...was he sticking pins into the head of a little doll when he said this to you ?

ranger
05-17-2008, 11:04 PM
That is creepy...was he sticking pins into the head of a little doll when he said this to you ?

Don't stick them in the head, Ted's got nothing there to effect. Try for his liver.

Hagbard Celine
05-17-2008, 11:07 PM
I'm relieved to see the overwhelming outpouring of compassion from the board's self-labeled "Christians." :rolleyes:

hjmick
05-17-2008, 11:48 PM
Somewhat reminiscent of the reactions I saw from some on the left when Tony Snow announced he was seeking treatment for his cancer, or when Charlton Heston announced he had Alzheimer's, or Reagan. I say somewhat because the reactions here are much more subdued, not even remotely as nasty.

Anyway...

Regardless of his politics, I hope the situation turns out well for him and his family.

gabosaurus
05-17-2008, 11:50 PM
If it was Hillary or Bill or some other Democrat, I would be more sympathatic. Ted however is a large turdball of a person who needs to be flushed down the toilet of life.

I feel the same way about Dick Cheney. Let's hope he suffers a heart attack and dies.
And someone get Bush a pretzel.

KitchenKitten99
05-17-2008, 11:52 PM
Don't stick them in the head, Ted's got nothing there to effect. Try for his liver.

Oh, please. His liver jumped ship years ago.

I don't care about political affiliations, I have no sympathy for drunk-driving murderers who get off scott-free and still get to keep their job serving the public.

"[Ted Kennedy] should die of gonorrhea and rot in Hell.

Would you like a cookie?"

Hagbard Celine
05-18-2008, 12:04 AM
Somewhat reminiscent of the reactions I saw from some on the left when Tony Snow announced he was seeking treatment for his cancer, or when Charlton Heston announced he had Alzheimer's, or Reagan. I say somewhat because the reactions here are much more subdued, not even remotely as nasty.

Anyway...

Regardless of his politics, I hope the situation turns out well for him and his family.

Monkey see, monkey do? :dunno:

ranger
05-18-2008, 01:11 AM
I'm relieved to see the overwhelming outpouring of compassion from the board's self-labeled "Christians." :rolleyes:

Where I have said anywhere that I'm a Christian. Besides, didn't Christ take a bullwhip to some people in the Temple at one point in time? It's called tough love.

ranger
05-18-2008, 01:13 AM
Oh, please. His liver jumped ship years ago.

I don't care about political affiliations, I have no sympathy for drunk-driving murderers who get off scott-free and still get to keep their job serving the public.

"[Ted Kennedy] should die of gonorrhea and rot in Hell.

Would you like a cookie?"

I agree wholeheartedly, except for the part about him serving the public. Maybe you mistyped that and meant that Ted served the pubic.

actsnoblemartin
05-18-2008, 04:01 AM
double agreed, i could give two craps about this guy :laugh2:

:clap: Agreed

05-18-2008, 10:40 AM

Im relieved to see the outpouring of compassion from you who seems more concerned with attacking Christians than Ted Kennedy's health.

red states rule
05-19-2008, 05:04 AM
Im relieved to see the outpouring of compassion from you who seems more concerned with attacking Christians than Ted Kennedy's health.

I am surprised Michael Moore is not flying Ted down to Cuba where the health care is better

diuretic
05-19-2008, 05:30 AM
I am surprised Michael Moore is not flying Ted down to Cuba where the health care is better

No need, Ted's rich.

red states rule
05-19-2008, 05:34 AM
No need, Ted's rich.

Well Ted has also scramed how rotten the health care is in the US. Seems when he needs medical care he does not go to Cuba, England, or Canada

diuretic
05-19-2008, 06:28 AM
Well Ted has also scramed how rotten the health care is in the US. Seems when he needs medical care he does not go to Cuba, England, or Canada

If he got sick there then fine. Hey if he got sick here in our outback he could get a flight with the Royal Flying Doctor Service - http://www.flyingdoctor.net/

We'd make sure he was looked after. :coffee:

In my years working in the outback I supported the RFDS by always attending every fund-raising event held by local communities......:cheers2: <--- it always involved beer :laugh2:

red states rule
05-19-2008, 06:31 AM
If he got sick there then fine. Hey if he got sick here in our outback he could get a flight with the Royal Flying Doctor Service - http://www.flyingdoctor.net/

We'd make sure he was looked after. :coffee:

In my years working in the outback I supported the RFDS by always attending every fund-raising event held by local communities......:cheers2: <--- it always involved beer :laugh2:

I am glad he is doing well, but they said he was stumbling and had slurred speech

I thought is was just the usual hangover he has most mornings

red states rule
05-19-2008, 06:36 AM
In another sign of bipartisanship, a new aircraft carrier will be named in Ted's honor

diuretic
05-19-2008, 07:12 AM
I am glad he is doing well, but they said he was stumbling and had slurred speech

I thought is was just the usual hangover he has most mornings

Don't look now but why do you think our parliament sits in the afternoons? :laugh2:

red states rule
05-19-2008, 07:13 AM
Don't look now but why do you think our parliament sits in the afternoons? :laugh2:

That does explain alot :laugh2:

diuretic
05-19-2008, 07:14 AM
That does explain alot :laugh2:

Too right it does! And the buggers keep going after dinner!

Legislative session --------- :cheers2:

Then they wake up in the morning and can't think of all the good ideas they had the night before.

That's why we have the Hansard, the formal record of parliamentary (hic!) proceedings :D

red states rule
05-19-2008, 07:17 AM
Too right it does! And the buggers keep going after dinner!

Legislative session --------- :cheers2:

Then they wake up in the morning and can't think of all the good ideas they had the night before.

That's why we have the Hansard, the formal record of parliamentary (hic!) proceedings :D

So only the folks need a barg bag, eh?

glockmail
05-19-2008, 07:52 AM
In another sign of bipartisanship, a new aircraft carrier will be named in Ted's honor:lol:

red states rule
05-19-2008, 07:53 AM
:lol:

Don't worry. They made sure their was no passenger