PDA

View Full Version : U.N. racism investigator to visit U.S. from Monday

stephanie
05-17-2008, 01:42 PM
wt..:poke:

Fri May 16, 2008 2:48pm EDTPost Your Comments | All Comments Email |

GENEVA (Reuters) - A special U.N. human rights investigator will visit the United States this month to probe racism, an issue that has forced its way into the race to secure the Democratic Party's presidential nomination.

The United Nations said Doudou Diene would meet federal and local officials, as well as lawmakers and judicial authorities during the May 19-June 6 visit.

"The special rapporteur will...gather first-hand information on issues related to racism, racial discrimination, xenophobia and related intolerance," a U.N. statement said on Friday.

His three-week visit, at U.S. government invitation, will cover eight cities -- Washington D.C., New York, Chicago, Omaha, Los Angeles, New Orleans, Miami and San Juan, Puerto Rico.

Race has become a central issue in the U.S. election cycle because Sen. Barack Obama, the frontrunner in the battle for the Democratic nomination battle, stands to become the country's first African American president.

read the rest and comments.
http://www.reuters.com/article/politicsNews/idUSL1684309820080516?feedType=RSS&feedName=politicsNews&rpc=22&sp=true

dread
05-17-2008, 01:51 PM
Since when did the UN govern the USA?

And who elected them to become the world ethics police?

Yurt
05-17-2008, 02:01 PM
so they are going to investigate obama and his church, interesting

dread
05-17-2008, 02:08 PM

:lol:

Kathianne
05-17-2008, 02:27 PM

I'm thinking more the 95% black vote for Obama. Seems the blacks are very prejudiced.

ranger
05-17-2008, 03:52 PM
I feel so much better knowing that the UN is all over this issue. Now I can sleep at night knowing the world will be a better place. :thewave:

Oh please, give me a fucking break, the UN could find it's way of a paper bag unless someone put some money by the opening.............

Kathianne
05-17-2008, 04:25 PM
It's time for the US to pull out of UN, past time. If US did so and UN wished to stay in NYC, charge parking, including tickets. Take away the diplomatic shield, for criminal and civil.

dread
05-17-2008, 06:33 PM
Only in my dreams will that happen.