PDA

View Full Version : A period of adjustment...........

Trinity
05-17-2008, 05:33 PM
I started third shift this past Monday, it took me a few days to adjust to the shift, considering I was used to working first shift. Now I am trying to work out a schedule that fits. I use to get up in the morning and catch up on all my message boards news etc. etc. then go to work in the morning. Come home do my school work and help my youngest get his done then I had the evening to spend with the kids, then go to bed.

Now I am trying to rearrange my schedule to accommodate everything but at different times. Although I find myself at this point going to work at 22:00 and getting off at 06:30 I get home at 07:00 get my youngest on the bus jump online for about 20 minutes. go to bed till 14:00 get up do my school work help my youngest with his, make dinner, chill with the kids and then start all over again.

yeah and the hospital is strictly military time so I am trying to adjust to using that too which is why this is all in military time.

Any suggestions on third shift schedules that worked for you?

Classact
05-17-2008, 05:49 PM
Shift work sucks, it's hard to keep everyone happy and in the loop while getting sleep to charge your batteries. Go easy on coffee and alcohol and take it easy until you adjust to the new schedule. Be happy you aren't on a rotation of shifts. When I was in the Army I worked MP duty and we worked 3 days off 24 hours, three swings off 24 hours and 3 mid's off for 72 hours. When we had troop shortages due to field training we worked 12 hours on and 12 hours off for days on end, talking about sucking.

I hope you sleep well in the daytime and others are nice enough to allow you to sleep. Good luck!

Trinity
05-17-2008, 06:43 PM
Shift work sucks, it's hard to keep everyone happy and in the loop while getting sleep to charge your batteries. Go easy on coffee and alcohol and take it easy until you adjust to the new schedule. Be happy you aren't on a rotation of shifts. When I was in the Army I worked MP duty and we worked 3 days off 24 hours, three swings off 24 hours and 3 mid's off for 72 hours. When we had troop shortages due to field training we worked 12 hours on and 12 hours off for days on end, talking about sucking.

I hope you sleep well in the daytime and others are nice enough to allow you to sleep. Good luck!

that does suck........... yeah thankfully I am on 3rd permanently..........and my youngest has been trained to not wake mommy up until 2:00pm he's been doing very well too!