PDA

View Full Version : Where the McCain campaign is headed

gabosaurus
05-18-2008, 05:59 PM
Hanoi John McCain has little support among true conservatives, evangelical Christians, women and young voters. He has close to zero support from liberals and blacks.
So obvious, he needs to reach out to the largest undecided voting block in the U.S.

"Thank you for calling the McCain for President campaign.
Please press 1 for English and 2 for Spanish..."

Trigg
05-18-2008, 07:20 PM
There have now been numerous articles suggesting Huckabee for the VP slot. IMO this would be a good move for McCain since Huckabee did very well in the primaries and would have done better if the Republicans primaries weren't winner take all in so many states.

retiredman
05-18-2008, 07:23 PM
There have now been numerous articles suggesting Huckabee for the VP slot. IMO this would be a good move for McCain since Huckabee did very well in the primaries and would have done better if the Republicans primaries weren't winner take all in so many states.

Huckabee's comments at the NRA convention might be problematic, don't you think?

or maybe for all those white racists who would LOVE to take a bead on Obama, those remarks could be a real benefit to the McCain campaign. I see your point.

Mr. P
05-18-2008, 07:26 PM

He as much as said so himself on Meet the press this morning.

Silver
05-18-2008, 07:29 PM
So who do you think its gonna be Maineman .....McCain and ?????
Obama and ??????

The big O and Edwards? That could be a good ticket

And I don't have a clue will on the ticket with Johnny boy...gotta be as yet some unknown....

---------------------

retiredman
05-18-2008, 07:32 PM
So who do you think its gonna be Maineman .....McCain and ?????
Obama and ??????

The big O and Edwards? That could be a good ticket

And I don't have a clue will on the ticket with Johnny boy...gotta be as yet some unknown....

---------------------

I still do not rule out an Obama-Clinton ticket.

I personally like Obama-Richardson. That would put New Mexico and Colorado and maybe even Texas in play... and would solidify California

Whoever McCain picks will be chosen because of their conservative credentials, IMHO.

Silver
05-18-2008, 07:37 PM
I still do not rule out an Obama-Clinton ticket.

I personally like Obama-Richardson. That would put New Mexico and Colorado and maybe even Texas in play... and would solidify California

Whoever McCain picks will be chosen because of their conservative credentials, IMHO.

I agree with Richardson.....Thats politically smart...
and their ain't no way in hell Clinton will be on the ticket...although I think she would jump at the chance....
Why the hell would O saddle himself with Hillary knowing full well that Bill comes with the deal, like it or not....
My money says Richardson....

What a McCain....???

retiredman
05-18-2008, 07:43 PM
I agree with Richardson.....Thats politically smart...
and their ain't no way in hell Clinton will be on the ticket...although I think she would jump at the chance....
Why the hell would O saddle himself with Hillary knowing full well that Bill comes with the deal, like it or not....
My money says Richardson....

What a McCain....???

she may very well be continuing to campaign for the sole purpose of negotiating for the number two spot. It would be a powerful ticket, but I still like Richardson better.

I really don't know what McCain can do that will separate him from the failures of the Bush administration. Democrats will run against a Bush third term and it will be a powerful argument.

Silver
05-18-2008, 07:49 PM
McCains chances are slim to none....and I see no one that could change that to only slim...but just for fun...who could he choose that might help his ticket...

Lieberman? :lol:

I can't imagine anyone that would want their name to be associated with this 99.5% losing ticket....know what I mean?

Kathianne
05-18-2008, 07:51 PM

Perhaps, though it would lose my vote. May have been more 'viable' before Huckabee pulled the gun on Obama. :rolleyes:

glockmail
05-18-2008, 07:54 PM
There was a Democrat Hillary supporter who called Rush on Friday and said that her camp is PISSED at Obama and the media bias for him, and as a result many are planning on voting AGAINST him in the General.

In my opinion Hillary is already planning a run in '12 and will deep 6 Obama in the General with a October Surprise or else turn the Senate against him if he makes it.

retiredman
05-18-2008, 08:01 PM
McCains chances are slim to none....and I see no one that could change that to only slim...but just for fun...who could he choose that might help his ticket...

Lieberman? :lol:

I can't imagine anyone that would want their name to be associated with this 99.5% losing ticket....know what I mean?

I am not sure that Lieberman would help. most democrats have lost faith in him already.

I see McCain as a Dole re-run.

Silver
05-18-2008, 08:09 PM
I am not sure that Lieberman would help. most democrats have lost faith in him already.

I see McCain as a Dole re-run.

The Lieberman crack was joke dude....

What I want is a serious VP name for McCain....

and I can't think of one..not even one .....course thats after a few brews...

Gaffer
05-18-2008, 08:18 PM
I can think of one. Fred Thompson. That would be about the only ticket that would keep me from going independent.

Kathianne
05-18-2008, 08:19 PM
I can think of one. Fred Thompson. That would be about the only ticket that would keep me from going independent.

That would be good, but my guess is he's committed elsewhere. As long as not Huckabee or another liberal, I'll deal with. This election.

Silver
05-18-2008, 08:29 PM

:lol::lol:...time is running out dude....You might just as well come to the conclusion that the fat lady is singing.....if you're a Conservative like me...you have literally NO ONE in the race...this might be the first time in my life that I might not vote at all and feel justified about staying home...

Its the Dems turn historically and there is no contest.....

I look at it like turning around a drug addict or an alcoholic....

like they have to hit bottom before they can begin to be cured...

we, as a nation have to experience the same hitting the bottom...and who better than Clinton or Obama to hasten us to that bottom....

Gaffer
05-18-2008, 08:43 PM
:lol::lol:...time is running out dude....You might just as well come to the conclusion that the fat lady is singing.....if you're a Conservative like me...you have literally NO ONE in the race...this might be the first time in my life that I might not vote at all and feel justified about staying home...

Its the Dems turn historically and there is no contest.....

I look at it like turning around a drug addict or an alcoholic....

like they have to hit bottom before they can begin to be cured...

we, as a nation have to experience the same hitting the bottom...and who better than Clinton or Obama to hasten us to that bottom....

Very true Sliver. I might sit it out as well. I can excersize my right to vote or I can excersize my right not to vote. Your analogy works very well. I think we are going to experience some serious down time in this country. I don't realy care much about the domestic issues. But dangerous times lay ahead in foreign policy. Very deadly times.

Mr. P
05-18-2008, 08:48 PM
Bob Barr is running..Libertarian. The first decent choice on that ticket..IMO.

Silver
05-18-2008, 08:54 PM
Very true Sliver. I might sit it out as well. I can excersize my right to vote or I can excersize my right not to vote. Your analogy works very well. I think we are going to experience some serious down time in this country. I don't realy care much about the domestic issues. But dangerous times lay ahead in foreign policy. Very deadly times.

Cheers, mate...:salute:

glockmail
05-19-2008, 07:28 AM
Bob Barr is running..Libertarian. The first decent choice on that ticket..IMO.

He would be the one shining light in this campaign. Either Barr forces McCain to lean right and attract conservatives back to the GOP, or Barr gets a good percentage of the vote, forcing the GOP to realize that the conservative movement is not to be ignored. Either way, you conservatives are shit-bums if you don't get off your fat asses and make yourselves be known at the polls.

Sitarro
05-19-2008, 07:32 AM
Huckabee's comments at the NRA convention might be problematic, don't you think?

or maybe for all those white racists who would LOVE to take a bead on Obama, those remarks could be a real benefit to the McCain campaign. I see your point.

I think that living in a state that is 99.9% white disqualifies you from throwing the racist accusations around. You are racist for living in a racist state.

retiredman
05-19-2008, 07:34 AM
I think that living in a state that is 99.9% white disqualifies you from throwing the racist accusations around. You are racist for living in a racist state.
so....it is your assertion that I live in Maine because it is predominately white? do you have anything evidence that would lead you to believe that had anything to do with my decision to live here?

Sitarro
05-19-2008, 07:52 AM
she may very well be continuing to campaign for the sole purpose of negotiating for the number two spot. It would be a powerful ticket, but I still like Richardson better.

I really don't know what McCain can do that will separate him from the failures of the Bush administration. Democrats will run against a Bush third term and it will be a powerful argument.

It would be the exact opposite of a powerful anything. It would be just right for you leftist idiots but certainly not powerful leadership....... this isn't a game, your not going to win an Obama prize....... you people are hard to believe.

You need to continue to lie to the American public about McCain, he has nothing in common with President Bush except that he served in the armed forces, even if it was the Navy. You people are too chicken shit to run on Obammy's record...... that's right, he doesn't have one! What branch has your chimp eared, punk ass served in? That's right, the SS Obama with help from another patriot Resko and that shyster Wright, all a bunch of self serving asswipes.

Obama is a naive but arrogant punk with a jerk for a wife and a supreme asshole for a "spiritual advisor", nothing more. He has never served anyone or anything but himself and is now wanting to be President and you people are stupid enough to vote for him. When he and the other crooks you elect into Congress fuck our country up you will have nobody to blame but your ignorant, dimwitted selves. Assholes!

Sitarro
05-19-2008, 07:55 AM
so....it is your assertion that I live in Maine because it is predominately white? do you have anything evidence that would lead you to believe that had anything to do with my decision to live here?

No, I don't except the white guilt you obviously feel, strong enough to campaign for an empty suit with no plan or an original thought in that dimwitted brain of his, just because he is semi black........ sad.

retiredman
05-19-2008, 07:56 AM
No, I don't except the white guilt you obviously feel, strong enough to campaign for an empty suit with no plan or an original thought in that dimwitted brain of his, just because he is semi black........ sad.

you said I was racist for living in a racist state but can offer no proof of that assertion.

regarding the qualifications of Barack Obama, we'll have to agree to disagree.

glockmail
05-19-2008, 07:59 AM
It appears to me that you let the cat in with this post: http://www.debatepolicy.com/showpost.php?p=247069&postcount=3

You insinuate that McCain supporters are racist and assassins.

retiredman
05-19-2008, 08:02 AM
It appears to me that you let the cat in with this post: http://www.debatepolicy.com/showpost.php?p=247069&postcount=3

You insinuate that McCain supporters are racist and assassins.

What does that have to do with sitarro's assertion that I live in Maine because it is a white racist state?

I didn't make the joke about aiming at Obama. The guy that wants the VEEP slot on the GOP ticket did.

I merely suggest that such a joke might win some support from some folks to counterbalance the support it loses from others.

glockmail
05-19-2008, 08:13 AM
What does that have to do with sitarro's assertion that I live in Maine because it is a white racist state?

I didn't make the joke about aiming at Obama. The guy that wants the VEEP slot on the GOP ticket did.

I merely suggest that such a joke might win some support from some folks to counterbalance the support it loses from others.

You lowered the bar for accusations of racism. You are now subject to the same low level.

PostmodernProphet
05-19-2008, 08:45 AM
Hanoi John McCain has little support among true conservatives, evangelical Christians, women and young voters. He has close to zero support from liberals and blacks.
So obvious, he needs to reach out to the largest undecided voting block in the U.S.

you better hope he never gets the support of true conservatives, evangelical Christians, women and young voters.....since he is already running neck and neck with Obama with respect to whoever is left over.......

Pale Rider
05-19-2008, 11:37 AM

Oh that's a GREAT choice. Take a known illegal alien sympathizier and compliment him with another! Yeah... that ought to help get the conservative vote.

Fuck BOTH of these rat bastards. Never before in my life have I been more disgusted with the republican party, of which I am no longer a member. Either Ron Paul or Wayne Root is getting my vote this year, and more likely Ron Paul, because he'll get us out this illegal Iraq entanglement that's ruining our military and breaking our country.

Yurt
05-19-2008, 12:34 PM
the tickets will be:

obama/sharpton

mccain/bill clinton

:laugh2:

Pale Rider
05-19-2008, 12:36 PM
the tickets will be:

obama/sharpton

mccain/bill clinton

:laugh2:

obama/farrakhan

mccain/juan hernandez

Trigg
05-19-2008, 01:02 PM

Thompson looked half asleep in every depate I saw him in. Plus, the libs would have a field day touting their ages.

Trigg
05-19-2008, 01:12 PM

He was making a joke (a bad one granted) because of Obama's views on gun control.

retiredman
05-19-2008, 01:37 PM
He was making a joke (a bad one granted) because of Obama's views on gun control.

what a funny guy he is! The perfect choice for McCain!

glockmail
05-19-2008, 02:30 PM
Thompson looked half asleep in every depate I saw him in. Plus, the libs would have a field day touting their ages. Good point. He needs someone who will be the set up for '12.

mundame
05-19-2008, 03:01 PM
Very true Sliver. I might sit it out as well. I can excersize my right to vote or I can excersize my right not to vote. ... I think we are going to experience some serious down time in this country.

Me, too.

I have given up on democracy, that's a first for me, it just isn't working. However often we vote, the people have no effective say: neither party is at all responsive to anything the people want!

I'm expecting a national split up into regions.

Peggy Noonan is expecting the death of the Republican Party. She says in a WSJ editorial this weekend that it's "terminal." I've been thinking that for a couple years, that it's time for the Libertarian Party to step up and replace it, like the Republican Party replaced the Whigs a.....few years ago.

When a thinker like Noonan starts agreeing with me ---------------------

Scary.

mundame
05-19-2008, 03:04 PM

No, I think he's NON-racist because he lives in an all-white state. It's easy to be completely unprejudiced against blacks if you never have to deal with the incompetence they often show at work, and the constant crimes and drugs and such in the community, and all the troubles and lower standards at schools.

Really, I think people from all-white states just have to be ignored on the subject of race. It's whites who live right up against the situation who know what the issues and problems are.

retiredman
05-19-2008, 03:40 PM
No, I think he's NON-racist because he lives in an all-white state. It's easy to be completely unprejudiced against blacks if you never have to deal with the incompetence they often show at work, and the constant crimes and drugs and such in the community, and all the troubles and lower standards at schools.

Really, I think people from all-white states just have to be ignored on the subject of race. It's whites who live right up against the situation who know what the issues and problems are.

I grew up in Illinois and was in the Navy for a long time. I have lived in many racially diverse communities.