PDA

View Full Version : Hillary Blames Media For Campaign Woes

red states rule
05-19-2008, 05:19 AM
This is typical of the Clintons, finding someone else to blame for their failures
It is never their fault folks

Clinton turns her fire on media

PORTLAND, Ore. – Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign is increasingly aiming its punches not at her front-running opponent Barack Obama, but at the media.

On the campaign trail, in a new ad and in her meetings with donors and superdelegates, she blasts the D.C. punditocracy for counting her out and urges anyone who’ll listen to ignore the hardening storyline that places Obama as the Democratic presidential nominee.

The goal is twofold. Clinton, a New York senator, wants to stanch the flow of uncommitted superdelegates to Obama, an Illinois senator, by convincing them she can still win the nomination. She also wants to generate a protest vote in the four states that have yet to hold primaries, as well as in Puerto Rico.

The Clinton camp believes a media backlash drove up turnout among her supporters in West Virginia, which last week delivered a landslide 67 percent to 26 percent victory for her.

“Because I believe that I am better prepared to be president and I am more likely to be able to win, I don’t care what the pundits say. I’m going to leave it up to the voters,” Clinton said Friday night at a televised town hall meeting at Portland’s NBC affiliate. She said pundits have been counting her out “since Iowa and the voters always prove them wrong. I mean, I’ve been declared dead so many times and luckily it’s been premature and I’m hoping it stays premature.”

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0508/10420.html

glockmail
05-19-2008, 08:06 AM
After years of having her way paved smoothly by an endearing liberal press, all the while denying that they had an agenda, they tossed her under the bus.

red states rule
05-19-2008, 08:08 AM
After years of having her way paved smoothly by an endearing liberal press, all the while denying that they had an agenda, they tossed her under the bus.

If the liberal media has their choice between a liberal women or a liberal black - it seems they will side with the black liberal

I do find it comical to see the people who worshipped the Clintons are now turning on them, all to pave the way for Barry

glockmail
05-19-2008, 08:18 AM
If the liberal media has their choice between a liberal women or a liberal black - it seems they will side with the black liberal

I do find it comical to see the people who worshipped the Clintons are now turning on them, all to pave the way for Barry

The real comedy is the Clintonites who have denied all along that the MSM has an agenda. Now thay are forced to acknowledge that was a lie.

red states rule
05-19-2008, 08:21 AM
The real comedy is the Clintonites who have denied all along that the MSM has an agenda. Now thay are forced to acknowledge that was a lie.

Or could it be, the liberal media loved the Clintons when they used scortched Earth tactics when they used them against Republicans

Now when they use those tactics against a black guy, the liberal media gets outraged

LOki
05-19-2008, 08:39 AM
Were't (Aren't) similar complaints made by the Paul Campaign, and/or Paul's supporters?

Is it at all possible that the MSM is actually manipulating election?

Is notion that there might be a conspiracy, involving the MSM to elect McCain, worth considering?

Seriously, within a ~60 miles of where I'm at, you would think November is all about Paul vs Clinton by the bumper stickers and lawn signs--and McCain vs Obama (mostly) by TV media coverage.

Just wondering what the deal is.

red states rule
05-19-2008, 08:42 AM
Were't (Aren't) similar complaints made by the Paul Campaign, and/or Paul's supporters?

Is it at all possible that the MSM is actually manipulating election?

Is notion that there might be a conspiracy, involving the MSM to elect McCain, worth considering?

Seriously, within a ~60 miles of where I'm at, you would think November is all about Paul vs Clinton by the bumper stickers and lawn signs--and McCain vs Obama (mostly) by TV media coverage.

Just wondering what the deal is.

There is no doubt the liberal media is in the tank for Obama.

Paul is a weak candidate and his supporters have to find someone to blame - like Hillary is doing

LOki
05-21-2008, 08:02 AM
There is no doubt the liberal media is in the tank for Obama.

Paul is a weak candidate and his supporters have to find someone to blame - like Hillary is doing

I think there's no doubt that the liberal media is in the tank for McCain.

red states rule
05-21-2008, 08:04 AM
I think there's no doubt that the liberal media is in the tank for McCain.

You must live in a parallel universe

Chris Matthews and NBC are acting like Obama's campaign managers

glockmail
05-21-2008, 08:05 AM
I think there's no doubt that the liberal media was in the tank for McCain. Fixed it for ya.

JohnDoe
05-21-2008, 09:30 AM

ya got to be kidding?

The Clintons have been Blaming the media and right wing conspiracy for years now.... And the Clintons have pointed out many times that Chris Matthews on Hardball has always hated them and skewed his programs "negative Clinton" for decades now....

I think you are mistaken on this one glock, they have always "blamed" the media, the MSM for their woes and felt they were always out to "get them paranoia"!

and good morning! :)

jd

hjmick
05-21-2008, 09:33 AM
Well, they sure aren't blaming Fox. Based on the little I've seen, FoxNews has been more than fair and balanced where Clinton is concerned.

red states rule
05-21-2008, 09:34 AM
ya got to be kidding?

The Clintons have been Blaming the media and right wing conspiracy for years now.... And the Clintons have pointed out many times that Chris Matthews on Hardball has always hated them and skewed his programs "negative Clinton" for decades now....

I think you are mistaken on this one glock, they have always "blamed" the media, the MSM for their woes and felt they were always out to "get them paranoia"!

jd

The liberal media was providing cover for the Clintons up until they took on the black liberal

The liberal media is clearly in the tank for Obama, and only now are the Clintons pissed off

glockmail
05-21-2008, 11:56 AM
ya got to be kidding?

jd
When I said agenda, I thought it was obvious that I was referring to the Leftist agenda which had been supportive of all things Clinton, until now.

And good afternoon S&P. :wink2:

red states rule
05-21-2008, 11:58 AM
When I said agenda, I thought it was obvious that I was referring to the Leftist agenda which had been supportive of all things Clinton, until now.

And good afternoon S&P. :wink2:

The female lib version of the Hugo Chavez agenda

stephanie
05-21-2008, 12:05 PM
The Democrats have got themselves a real dilemma here..

Their either gonna piss off the women voters.

Or they piss off blacks voters.

Yikes..

red states rule
05-21-2008, 12:07 PM

Yikes..

The party hacks have really screwed up their own process. And they want to run the country?

glockmail
05-21-2008, 12:30 PM

Yikes..
And its all in the hands of the Party elites. :lol:

red states rule
05-21-2008, 12:33 PM
And its all in the hands of the Party elites. :lol:

With the Dem party in the hands of idiots like MFM we can breath a sigh of relief :laugh2:

mundame
05-21-2008, 12:41 PM

Yikes..

But --------- there are a lot more white women than there are blacks, men or women both.

White women are certainly voting disproportionately for Clinton, not that it's doing us any good, somehow. Boy, that media really is pushing for Obama!! It's an interesting point someone made how they ignore the huge support for Ron Paul: around here too, he's the only one with lawn signs and overpass signs, still.

I guess they think we'll fall in line. I won't, but many will, I suppose, given the alternative of McCain's Forever War and all of failed-state Mexico pouring North with McCain's blessing and encouragement.

The LAST young and inexperienced prez we had lost his attack on Cuba, got us into a long, murderous and losing war in Vietnam, and nearly got us obliterated as a country by a nuclear war. After that, someone shot him, which I am beginning to realize was probably just as well!! Who knows what other damage Kennedy would have done.

So I am not looking forward to an Oblack Barama administration, as he is clearly even more naive than Kennedy was.

red states rule
05-21-2008, 12:51 PM
Obama is an idiot. Here are some of "Obama's Greatest Hits"

Consider the items that have been accumulating since Obama announced on Feb. 10:

• Marking the anniversary of the March 1965 "Bloody Sunday" in Selma, Ala., Obama, speaking at a church, said his parents got together "because of what happened in Selma." Obama was born in 1961.

• Obama told Larry King on CNN -- asked about that anti-Hillary Rodham Clinton YouTube ad, a doctored version of a spot created for Apple computers -- "We don't have the technical capacity to create something like that."

Obama did not know what he was talking about. Any professional media consultant can manipulate images on video. Turns out the creator -- unmasked last week as a political operative who worked for a firm overseeing the technical side of Obama's Web site -- made it at home on a Mac.

• Obama, asked if homosexuality was immoral, in the wake of comments by Joint Chiefs of Staff chairman Gen. Peter Pace, sidestepped the question. After pressure from gay groups, Obama issued a statement stating he did not agree with Pace "that homosexuality is immoral."

Cynicism is like terrorism?
• One of Obama's stump lines is that the biggest obstacle he fights is not any of his rivals, it is cynicism. He used a variation of it during a reception he hosted at a conference here sponsored by AIPAC, the American Israel Public Affairs Committee. Displaying a tin ear, Obama said that one of the enemies is not "just terrorists" or "just Hezbollah" or "just Hamas" -- "it's also cynicism."

• The Tribune dug this up: Obama, in his memoir, Dreams of My Father, writes of a story in Life magazine that influenced him -- about a black man trying to bleach his skin white. No such article could be found in Life or Ebony.

Insider or outsider?
• Another Obama stump line -- he said it again Tuesday morning to the Communications Workers of America here -- is that "I've been long enough in Washington to know that Washington needs to change." He is running against Washington yet his campaign is populated with political professionals who are Washington insiders.

• Obama's embrace of some rhetoric used by rival John Edwards is getting attention. Edwards, in a 2003 speech made for his first presidential run said, "I've spent enough time in Washington to know how much we need to change Washington."

http://blogs.suntimes.com/sweet/2007/03/sweet_column_item_obamas_gaffe.html

stephanie
05-21-2008, 12:57 PM
And they called President Dumb..

Obambam is not only dumb, but dangerous when it comes to Foreign Policy.

red states rule
05-21-2008, 12:59 PM
And they called President Dumb..

Obambam is not only dumb, but dangerous when it comes to Foreign Policy.

and on Economics he is a moron