PDA

View Full Version : Eleanor Clift: White Male Reagan Dems Are Racist, Sexist

red states rule
05-19-2008, 05:32 AM
More from the race card playing left. Since Obama is going to lose badly in KY the timing of this left wing rant is appropriate

The Elusive White-Male Vote
Eleanor Clift

snip

Whether the term is Reagan Democrats or NASCAR dads, they're euphemisms for the white men who deserted a party they thought focused too much on the rights of blacks and women. No Democratic candidate for president has won a majority of the white vote since Lyndon Johnson in 1964. Bill Clinton came close, but with Ross Perot in the race siphoning off votes, even Clinton with his natural affinity for lower-income working-class folks, people he grew up with and understood, fell short when the votes were counted. In an election season focused on race and gender, it's ironic that white male workers have emerged as the most prized cohort.

These downscale working-class voters are not just one constituency among many. They're the balance of power, the swing voters in Ohio, Michigan and Pennsylvania, electoral-vote-rich states the Democrats need in November. According to Phil Dine, a labor reporter with the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, they won't just stay home in November: they'll vote for McCain, making them double trouble. Dine's new book, "State of the Unions," lays out how and why these disaffected workers could swing the '08 election, and what Democrats need to do to reclaim them with an economic message rooted in values of fairness and social justice. Edwards best articulated their concerns in Iowa and beyond, but his rhetoric took on an angry tone that sounded like class warfare and left voters cold.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/137311

Kathianne
05-19-2008, 05:44 AM
Seems to me that Clift thinks people without a college degree should be disenfranchised.

red states rule
05-19-2008, 05:50 AM
Seems to me that Clift thinks people without a college degree should be disenfranchised.

Not only her, but over at LSDNBC, the never ending Obama rally (led by Chris and Keith) have been calling the voters for Hillary the "stupid uneducated vote". They never stop pointing out how the voters for Hillary are low income earners, and only finished high school

mundame
05-19-2008, 02:50 PM
They never stop pointing out how the voters for Hillary are low income earners, and only finished high school

NOT all of them.

I do not ressemble that remark. http://bestsmileys.com/evil/9.gif

red states rule
05-19-2008, 02:51 PM
NOT all of them.

I do not ressemble that remark. http://bestsmileys.com/evil/9.gif

The liberal media has to come up with some excuse as to why OPbama is losing key voting blocks

You really do not expect them to tell the truth about him - like he is a liberal elitist?

Yurt
05-19-2008, 03:05 PM
but it is 'normal' and not racist for blacks to vote with a 90+% block for obama, nope

red states rule
05-19-2008, 03:06 PM
but it is 'normal' and not racist for blacks to vote with a 90+% block for obama, nope

Just like it is normal for women to vote for Hillary because she is a women

05-19-2008, 03:07 PM
glad to know as a whilte male Reagan Republican im not either:)

Abbey Marie
05-19-2008, 03:16 PM
glad to know as a whilte male Reagan Republican im not either:)

:laugh2: Av, to the Eleanor Clifts of the country, you are a lost cause.

red states rule
05-19-2008, 03:27 PM
:laugh2: Av, to the Eleanor Clifts of the country, you are a lost cause.

Eleanor can't bring herself to say white Democrat males!

Reagan Dems are folks who believe in liberty and freedom rather then dependence on the government

mundame
05-19-2008, 03:48 PM

Now you're cookin'. http://www.pagealumni.us/boards/style_emoticons/default/hippy2.gif

red states rule
05-19-2008, 03:50 PM
Now you're cookin'. http://www.pagealumni.us/boards/style_emoticons/default/hippy2.gif

Rqcism and sexism are both bad. Vote for the candidates stand on the issues. This seems to be lost on Obama and Hillary supporters

There is not a dimes worth of difference between them

mundame
05-19-2008, 04:05 PM
Rqcism and sexism are both bad. Vote for the candidates stand on the issues. This seems to be lost on Obama and Hillary supporters

Oh, wait, do I have to vote on the bases you tell me to?

Darn, that takes all the fun out of voting. I wanted to vote for whatever reasons suited me!

Well, if I have to vote just the way you tell me, I guess I won't vote at all.

red states rule
05-19-2008, 04:06 PM
Oh, wait, do I have to vote on the bases you tell me to?

Darn, that takes all the fun out of voting. I wanted to vote for whatever reasons suited me!

Well, if I have to vote just the way you tell me, I guess I won't vote at all.

You have said how it is wrong for people to vote for Obama because he is black; yet you see nothing wrong with people voting for Hillary because she is a women

A clear double standard

mundame
05-19-2008, 04:16 PM
You have said how it is wrong for people to vote for Obama because he is black; yet you see nothing wrong with people voting for Hillary because she is a women

A clear double standard

We have been over this before.

You keep saying I say that, but I never say that: I say it's fine for people, black or white or green, to vote for any reasons they choose.

I don't know why you keep saying I say exactly the opposite of what I do say!!

I think it's fine for blacks to vote for a black: but then don't say it's not all right for whites to vote for a white!! I think it's fine for a woman to vote for a woman. But then we cannot say men must not prefer a man.

I am perfectly comfortable with identity politics. You aren't, but I am. I am comfortable with people voting for any reason they happen to be pleased to vote on!!

I really don't know how to make that plainer: maybe I need a keystroke macro. Then every time you say I believe what I do not believe at all, I can just hit alt-shift-F5 and this same text will appear for the 45th time, the 83rd time, and so on.

I get it that you want me to vote on the issues.

To that I say, in a pig's eye.

Trigg
05-20-2008, 12:49 PM

Only 60% of white women dems are voting Hillary the rest are going Obama.

Some of this may be because of gender, but it's certainly not the landslide support Obama is getting from blacks.

red states rule
05-20-2008, 12:51 PM
Only 60% of white women dems are voting Hillary the rest are going Obama.

Some of this may be because of gender, but it's certainly not the landslide support Obama is getting from blacks.

Valid point. The Dems have made their election all about race and gender

I am looking forward to the number tonight from KY. Hillary could win by as much as 40 points

manu1959
05-20-2008, 12:58 PM
this will come as news to my wife and staff.....

red states rule
05-21-2008, 05:59 AM
Over at DNCTV, the race card was being played once again (and not the last time)

NBC's Mitchell Suggests Republicans May Cheat Obama in November
By Brad Wilmouth | May 21, 2008 - 01:43 ET

During MSNBC's live coverage of the Kentucky and Oregon Democratic presidential primaries on Tuesday, NBC's Andrea Mitchell seemed to take seriously suggestions by Hillary Clinton campaign members who argued that Republicans in control of the election process in some red states Barack Obama hopes to carry may deny him a "fair vote." Mitchell: "There are ... Republican governors and Secretaries of State, if you will, Katherine Harris-type election officials in those states. ... he has to go up against the establishment, which would be Republican, and he has to figure out a way to get a fair vote if he's the nominee in those red states." (Transcript follows)

During an interview with Lisa Caputo of the Clinton campaign, Caputo commented that the possibility of Clinton winning the popular vote among Democratic primary and caucus voters while Obama wins the delegate count reminds her of the 2000 election. Matthews then contended that Al Gore "may well have won the election" if he had requested a statewide recount instead of "just a couple of counties" because Gore might have won most "intended votes."

A few minutes later, at about 7:56 p.m., Mitchell appeared and brought up an accusation by the Clinton campaign, which Mitchell treated as credible by calling her sources on the Clinton campaign "realists," that "Katherine Harris-type election officials" in some red states may make it difficult for Obama to carry some states he hopes to win, as Obama would have to "figure out a way to get a fair vote." Mitchell:

Other Clinton loyalists, but realists, say that that electoral map is a stretch in one regard: There are, you know, Republican governors and Secretaries of State, if you will, Katherine Harris-type election officials in those states. So, even though [Obama] may have won primaries or caucuses in those states, he has to go up against the establishment, which would be Republican, and he has to figure out a way to get a fair vote if he's the nominee in those red states.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/brad-wilmouth/2008/05/21/nbcs-mitchell-suggests-republicans-may-cheat-obama-november

red states rule
05-21-2008, 06:31 AM
Chris matthews had to show his bias toward Barry while plating the race card

Chris Comments on Clinton's All-Caucasian Crowd
By Mark Finkelstein | May 20, 2008 - 21:31 ET

Even before I heard Chris Matthews mention it, it struck me too . . .

Among the visuals a big-time campaign carefully choreographs is the human backdrop when the candidate speaks—particularly when it's a matter of an important, nationally-televised speech. So it's very hard to imagine that it was coincidence that the crowd visible behind Hillary this evening as she gave her Kentucky primary victory speech . . . was comprised 100% of people of pallor. Kibitzing with co-anchor Keith Olbermann immediately after Clinton's comments, Matthews mentioned it.

CHRIS MATTHEWS: I thought a giveaway line was "who is best positioned to win in November?" That is not exactly a self-crediting commentary. When you position yourself in politics, it's a deliberate effort to try to find a space, not necessarily your own passionate position, or your real position, but to find a place, to triangulate, to try to find a place that appeals to a certain percentage of the voters that will carry you over. And to advertise yourself as the "best-positioned" is not really a statement of authenticity, it's a statement of political positioning. It's a Dick Morris phrase, if anything. It's certainly an odd way to portray it.

I think I know what she's saying, which is "I'm perhaps stronger on defense, perhaps I'm white, perhaps I'm appealing to the working class." I do think it's interesting that her entire crowd was white tonight. That was interesting. Usually they try to mix it up a bit, up near the lectern on purpose, to give it a sense of random selection. It didn't look very random there.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/mark-finkelstein/2008/05/20/chris-comments-clintons-all-caucasian-crowd

eighballsidepocket
05-21-2008, 02:30 PM
My father was born in 1915, weathered the depression and WW2, and was a die-hard Democrat. When I say a die-hard Democrat, I mean a Roosevelt/Truman diehard Democrat. He was a strong union man too. He was one of those Democrates that voted for Reagan, and did it without any regret, except the regret that his Democratic party left him. :(

red states rule
05-22-2008, 08:52 AM
My father was born in 1915, weathered the depression and WW2, and was a die-hard Democrat. When I say a die-hard Democrat, I mean a Roosevelt/Truman diehard Democrat. He was a strong union man too. He was one of those Democrates that voted for Reagan, and did it without any regret, except the regret that his Democratic party left him. :(

I grew up in a home where the rule of Election Day was YVD (You Vote Democrat)

My first vote was for Ronald Reagan in 1980. When my Dad asked me who I voted for, I told him Reagan

He smiled, and said "So did I"