PDA

View Full Version : Iraq party: Punish U.S. soldier who shot at Quran

dread
05-19-2008, 09:17 AM
The Iraqi Islamic Party, the movement of Iraqi Vice President Tariq al-Hashimi, condemned what it said was a "blatant assault on the sanctities of Muslims all over the world."

But the Iraqi Islamic Party -- which said it reacted to the news "with deep resentment and indignation" -- wants the "severest of punishments" for the action to serve as a lesson for the future.

"Such assaults have recurred over the past few years; therefore, the apology alone is no longer sufficient," the party said in a statement. "The U.S. military should take preventative measures considering the feelings of Muslims."

The statement added, "The Iraqi Islamic Party demands the U.S. administration deal firmly with these violations. We also demand our government take an appropriate stance (or position) towards the enormity of the humiliation."

Sheikh Hamadi al-Qirtani, in a speech on behalf of all tribal sheikhs of Radhwaniya, called the shooting "aggression against the entire Islamic world."

"As the Association of Muslim Scholars condemns this heinous crime against God's holy book, the constitution of this nation, a source of pride and dignity," the group's statement said, "they condemned the silence by all those who are part of the occupation's agenda and holds the occupation and the current government fully responsible for this violation and reminds everyone that God preserves his book and he [God] is a great avenger."

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/meast/05/19/iraq.quran/index.html

Yes the religion of peace and love is at it again....

When is the rest of the world going to smack them down like they cant wait to smack Christianity?

glockmail
05-19-2008, 09:19 AM
They have victimhood down to an art form.

red states rule
05-19-2008, 09:21 AM
They have victimhood down to an art form.

They have to be on the DNC fax list

Monkeybone
05-19-2008, 09:25 AM
i thought that they already made him leave the country and that he will be disciplined...what do they want? to stone him or cut his head off? i agree that it was disrespectful to them and their religion...but have they ever showed the same considerations?

dread
05-19-2008, 09:28 AM
i thought that they already made him leave the country and that he will be disciplined...what do they want? to stone him or cut his head off? i agree that it was disrespectful to them and their religion...but have they ever showed the same considerations?

That would be a big NOPE!

mundame
05-19-2008, 03:39 PM
i thought that they already made him leave the country and that he will be disciplined...what do they want? to stone him or cut his head off?

Yes.

Of course.

I think it's a mistake to send him away at all! Are we fighting over there, or is it some sort of big ecumenical conference?

ranger
05-19-2008, 04:22 PM
I say give him some more ammo and a shitload of Korans. Tell the fucking whiny little bitches if they want to do something about it, BRING IT ON!

mundame
05-19-2008, 04:46 PM
I say give him some more ammo and a shitload of Korans. Tell the fucking whiny little bitches if they want to do something about it, BRING IT ON!

NOW you're talking!

I entirely agree.

When is this country going to actually stand and FIGHT these Muslims??