PDA

View Full Version : Obama's 'Altered States' Gaffe

red states rule
05-19-2008, 12:56 PM
What a nitwit Obama is. First he adds 7 states to the US, now he has moved the state of KY next to AR

Not a Geography Major I Guess [Greg Pollowitz]

Barack Obama, Friday, on why he's losing in Kentucky:

"What it says is that I'm not very well known in that part of the country," Obama said. "Sen. Clinton, I think, is much better known, coming from a nearby state of Arkansas. So it's not surprising that she would have an advantage in some of those states in the middle."

Can the man who wants to be President please tell us why Arkansas is somehow closer to Kentucky than Illinois??????

Oh, and after you flunk 5th grade geography, go to your backup plan — blame Fox News:

“Part of it is because there have been these e-mails that have been sent out very systematically, presumably by various political opponents, although I don’t know who,” he said. “And there are a lot of voters who get their news from Fox News. Fox has been pumping up rumors about my religious beliefs or my patriotism or what have you since the beginning of the campaign.”

http://media.nationalreview.com/post/?q=YjBkOGZiY2RiNjNhYWE1NWY3ZGNjN2NiNjdmMDk1NmQ

05-19-2008, 01:03 PM
not really seeing the big deal on this one. Arkansas is near Kentucky on just about every map ive seen. He didnt say they were next to each other.

Granted, it still seems dumb to say because IL is closer and because Senator Clinton actually comes from IL like Senator Obama does.

But seriously, we've already established that Senator Obama isnt the brightest bulb in the room. I don't really see how this is that big a deal.

red states rule
05-19-2008, 01:06 PM
not really seeing the big deal on this one. Arkansas is near Kentucky on just about every map ive seen. He didnt say they were next to each other.

Granted, it still seems dumb to say because IL is closer and because Senator Clinton actually comes from IL like Senator Obama does.

But seriously, we've already established that Senator Obama isnt the brightest bulb in the room. I don't really see how this is that big a deal.

It shows what a dimwit he is. Now if McCain would have made that comment it would be the lead on the networks news shows

hjmick
05-19-2008, 01:06 PM
Can the man who wants to be President please tell us why Arkansas is somehow closer to Kentucky than Illinois??????

Well you see, while Illinois is geographically closer to Kentucky that Arkansas, culturally they are worlds apart. Barack must have been referring to this when he was discussing his pending loss. Culture and sophistication can widen the distance between two states, even if they share a border.

Abbey Marie
05-19-2008, 01:57 PM
Unlcear whether this placing of Arkansas close than Illinois is affirmative action dimwittedness, or an attempt at intentionally misleading voters. Tsk tsk, either way you look at it.

red states rule
05-19-2008, 01:59 PM
Unlcear whether this placing of Arkansas close than Illinois is affirmative action dimwittedness, or an attempt at intentionally misleading voters. Tsk tsk, either way you look at it.

Obama's gaffes on 57 states and his challenges with geography need to be highlighted on the first round of ads in the general election beginning in June or July. They need to be repeated along with his rebuttal of President Bush's comments in Israel on appeasement (targeted squarely at Jimmah Carter but also applicable to Obama). Both show lack of gravitas and big holes in his education and experience.

Roadrunner
05-25-2008, 02:59 PM
Barack is just full of gaffes. Read on.
www.townhall.com/columnists/MichelleMalkin/2008/05/21/barack_obama_gaffe_machine

Can you imagine the ridicule that would have been in the MSM if these gaffes had come from President Bush?

You can find other articles on this topic by doing a search for "Obama's Gaffes".

Kathianne
05-25-2008, 03:06 PM
Barack is just full of gaffes. Read on.
www.townhall.com/columnists/MichelleMalkin/2008/05/21/barack_obama_gaffe_machine

Can you imagine the ridicule that would have been in the MSM if these gaffes had come from President Bush?

You can find other articles on this topic by doing a search for "Obama's Gaffes".

Yep, Quayle was killed with a potato. :laugh2:

semi liberal girl
05-25-2008, 03:28 PM
Here is another Obama gaffe. They just keep coming, and the liberal meida keeps ignoring them

Will Media Report Obama's Gaffe About When Hugo Chavez Came to Power?
By Noel Sheppard | May 25, 2008 - 15:14 ET

Democrat presidential candidate Barack Obama made another gaffe on the campaign trail Friday when he suggested at a luncheon hosted by the Cuban American National Foundation that Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez came to power while George W. Bush was in the White House.

Chavez was first elected president in 1998, and reelected in 2000, both occurring while Bill Clinton was serving his second term.

This was not the only gaffe Obama made in Florida Friday, for at another campaign stop, the junior senator from Illinois several times referred to the city of Sunrise as "Sunshine." This comes a week after calling Sioux Falls, South Dakota, "Sioux City," and two weeks after saying that America has 57 states.

Will Obama-loving media ever cover these gaffes?

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2008/05/25/will-media-report-obamas-gaffe-about-when-hugo-chavez-came-power