PDA

View Full Version : This conservative know who the fascists are.

midcan5
05-19-2008, 03:30 PM
"Today’s conservatives are so poorly informed that they cannot understand that to lose the Constitution is to lose the country."

The Metamorphosis of the Conservative Movement

By Paul Craig Roberts

"In theory conservatives adore the Constitution and seek to protect it with appeals to “original intent.” In practice conservatives hate the Constitution as the protector of homosexuals and abortionists. Conservatives regard civil liberties as coddling devices for criminals and terrorists. They see the First Amendment as a foolish protection for sedition. The neoconservative magazine, Commentary, has called for the New York Times to be prosecuted for informing Americans that President Bush was illegally spying on them without warrants.

The conservative assault on the US Constitution is deeply entrenched. The Federalist Society, an organization of Republican attorneys from which the Republican Party chooses its Justice Department appointees and nominees to the federal bench, was organized as an assault on the checks and balances in the Constitution.

The battle cry of the Federalist Society is “energy in the executive.” The society has its origin in Republican frustrations from the days when Republicans had a “lock on the presidency,” but had their agenda blocked by a Democratic Congress. The Federalist Society set about producing rationales for elevating the powers of the executive in order to evade the checks and balances the Founding Fathers wrote into the political system."

http://www.counterpunch.org/roberts05192008.html

Paul Craig Roberts was Assistant Secretary of the Treasury in the Reagan administration. He was Associate Editor of the Wall Street Journal editorial page and Contributing Editor of National Review. He is coauthor of The Tyranny of Good Intentions.He can be reached at: PaulCraigRoberts@yahoo.com

Silver
05-19-2008, 03:37 PM
From a follower of the jackass party that can't even grasp the meaning of first 2 amendments .....thats funny...
From the zombies that believe the affirmative action was constitutional....

What pathetic crap....:finger3:

Abbey Marie
05-19-2008, 03:38 PM
Mr. Roberts may have worked in the Reagan administration 25 years ago, but if you read up on him, he is no conservative.

midcan5
05-19-2008, 03:39 PM
From a follower of the jackass party that can't even grasp the meaning of first 2 amendments .....thats funny...
From the zombies that believe the affirmative action was constitutional....

What pathetic crap...

CAN YOU READ?

CAN U REED?

midcan5
05-19-2008, 03:41 PM
Mr. Roberts may have worked in the Reagan administration 25 years ago, but if you read up on him, he is no conservative.

That's too easy an answer, anyone who disagrees is not what they say they are? I have to assume he is sincere; I've read several of his pieces.

Abbey Marie
05-19-2008, 03:43 PM
That's too easy an answer, anyone who disagrees is not what they say they are? I have to assume he is sincere; I've read several of his pieces.

I couldn't say about the man's sincerity, but he sure doesn't sound conservative. Isn't he even a 9-11 conspiracy theorist?

ranger
05-19-2008, 04:17 PM
I couldn't say about the man's sincerity, but he sure doesn't sound conservative. Isn't he even a 9-11 conspricy theorist?

He's one of those non-engineer types like Rosie O'Donnell who thinks that the explaination for the towers collapse is not scientifically sound. Of course, this is from a man who has degrees in economics, nothing to do with science, engineering, metalworking or anything that could lend some credibility to his claims.

05-19-2008, 04:41 PM
there is no mention of fascism/fascists, or nazis in the article. perhaps you meant to quote another one?

manu1959
05-19-2008, 04:41 PM
In practice conservatives hate the Constitution as the protector of homosexuals and abortionists.

non-conservatives find words and phrases in the constitution that are not there.....

then they tear down those that point out this fine point.....

Abbey Marie
05-19-2008, 04:44 PM
In practice conservatives hate the Constitution as the protector of homosexuals and abortionists.

non-conservatives find words and phrases in the constitution that are not there.....

then they tear down those that point out this fine point.....

Not to mention being struck dumb when it comes to seeing the rights guaranteed by the 2nd amendment. Now, which party does that?

midcan5
05-19-2008, 05:29 PM

If you truly respect and honor the Constitution then its freedoms speak for everyone, not just lily white Christian conservative heteros.

I can never understand 911 conspiracy people, some are quite smart, reminds me of those who deny global warming. On the one hand no proof, on the other lots but still some stick to their untenable positions.

Gaffer
05-19-2008, 05:37 PM

If you truly respect and honor the Constitution then its freedoms speak for everyone, not just lily white Christian conservative heteros.

I can never understand 911 conspiracy people, some are quite smart, reminds me of those who deny global warming. On the one hand no proof, on the other lots but still some stick to their untenable positions.

911 conspiracy people and global warming advocates are both on the same train going down the wrong track. They both use pseudo-science and fantasy to support their stances.

05-19-2008, 05:58 PM

lily white christian conservative heteros huh? That's a mouthful. obviously you dont like conservatism despite its total adherence to the Constitution. Conservatism is the Constitution. And you're right its made for everyone. Maybe its about time we started using it instead of this liberal fascist garbage we get from the left

Silver
05-19-2008, 06:26 PM

reminds me of those who deny global warming. :lol::lol::lol:

FYI..

31,000 Scientists Rejecting Global Warming Theory to be Named Monday

By Noel Sheppard | May 18, 2008 - 17:12 ET

The names of over 31,000 American scientists that reject the theory of anthropogenic global warming are to be revealed on Monday.

Although this will occur at the National Press Club in Washington, DC., it seems a metaphysical certitude media will completely ignore the event.

http://tinyurl.com/5b2b92

DragonStryk72
05-19-2008, 11:51 PM
Midcan, buddy, listen to me now, please, I implore you: Actual conservatives love the constitution in theory and in practice. Jackasses who lie to get people to elect them to office hate the constitution because it gets in their way.

You need to start putting in some balanced, well-written articles, man. seriously, this is how you keep getting reamed in thread after thread.

diuretic
05-20-2008, 04:33 AM
It seems that for some people the rule of law is okay until, as a principle, it fails to deliver what they want from it at which time they resort to calls to ignore the law and move to personalise power. That's tantamount to going back to absolutely monarchy where a single individual gets to tell everyone else what to do.

midcan5
05-20-2008, 11:47 AM
You need to start putting in some balanced, well-written articles, man. seriously, this is how you keep getting reamed in thread after thread.

That's a tough order but I try.

midcan5
05-20-2008, 11:49 AM
It seems that for some people the rule of law is okay until, as a principle, it fails to deliver what they want from it at which time they resort to calls to ignore the law and move to personalise power. That's tantamount to going back to absolutely monarchy where a single individual gets to tell everyone else what to do.

Power always tells itself I am right. Scary thing is someone elected this man and his administration and many still argue for it. Seems most of them are on DP.

diuretic
05-20-2008, 04:06 PM
Power always tells itself I am right. Scary thing is someone elected this man and his administration and many still argue for it. Seems most of them are on DP.

Once was understandable. Twice was unforgiveable. :laugh2:

April15
05-20-2008, 05:55 PM
Once was understandable. Twice was unforgiveable. :laugh2:Makes you wonder where their thoughts are.

Psychoblues
05-21-2008, 12:52 AM
I know you did not direct this question to me, DS, but please answer this.

Midcan, buddy, listen to me now, please, I implore you: Actual conservatives love the constitution in theory and in practice. Jackasses who lie to get people to elect them to office hate the constitution because it gets in their way.

Just how do the conservatives explain gwb or John McCainocrit?